Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant (5364 Views)

ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi / University Of Jos Moves To Permanent Site After 44 Years / 5 Apps All Students Must Have On There Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by OEPHIUS(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2019

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has expressed his administration’s commitment to ensuring that all secondary school students in the state are acquainted with the use of computers for learning and other social and educational engagements.

Gov. Ugwuanyi who spoke during the grand finale of the computer competition for secondary school students in the state organized by the Post Primary Schools Management Board (PPSMB) at Queen’s Secondary School, Enugu, stated that the exercise was a demonstration of his administration’s firm commitment towards actualizing the noble vision.

Represented by the Commissioner for Education, Prof. Uche Eze, the governor reassured that “very soon all our students will become ICT-compliant and master the use of computer”, stressing that “this competition has indicated that Enugu State is now championing the use of computers for its students at the secondary school level”.

He maintained that computers currently play a major role in all areas of human endeavour, adding that students can become experts in their formative years to assist the state and the nation in the area of digitization.

Gov. Ugwuanyi pointed out that the present adoption of the use of computer for examinations by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) was one of the reasons the state government has placed premium on students’ ICT compliance in the state.

Earlier in his speech, the Chairman of PPSMB, Barr. Nestor Ezeme, commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for his unflinching commitment towards the students’ use of computers for learning, disclosing that the present administration procured computer sets for the two hundred and forty six secondary schools in the state.

Barr. Ezeme further disclosed that the competition was to ensure that the competing students meet up with the expectation of the state government and as well improve their skills.

He emphasized the need for the students to properly utilize the computer sets procured by the state government to improve their skills, describing the exercise as “very educating, encouraging and sustainable”.

In his remark, the Chairman, House Committee on Education, Rt. Hon. Erochukwu Mathew Ugwueze, described the exercise as a welcome development and another milestone in the education sector and enjoined the students to avail themselves of the unique opportunity to improve their ICT skills.

Responding, the first, second and third winners of the competition, Samuel Eze, James Chinweoke and Miss Favour Ikechukwu respectively, thanked the state government for the bold initiative and promised to utilize the knowledge they have acquired for the development of the state and the society.

Enugu State is truly in the hands of God! #amokelouis

https://thepunditng.com/ugwuanyi-moves-to-make-all-students-ict-compliant/

Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by OEPHIUS(m): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
More

Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Onyekachi419(f): 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
If he can realy do that Is a welcome development. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Kendumazy(m): 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
Nice one
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Priye007(m): 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
Good governance keep it up dear.
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by PotatoSalad(m): 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
Look at the size of the icons on the monitor in the second photo. grin
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by seguno2: 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
Onyekachi419:
If he can realy do that Is a welcome development. grin

Are all children in school
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Chinashopping84: 10:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
Good initiative
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Onyekachi419(f): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
seguno2:

Are all children in school
I wish I hv answer to that your question but the one's in school wil enjoy it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Lamasta(m): 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
Until then I will say another political statement from the governor cool

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Popmaster2019(f): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
good moves
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by alabi484(m): 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Lmao...I think say na only me see am
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by fashrola(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
And he's patronizing a Nigerian brand also..... Nice one
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by mytime24(f): 11:29pm On Apr 12, 2019
PotatoSalad:
I dnt getit

I c notin shocked
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by seguno2: 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
Onyekachi419:
I wish I hv answer to that your question but the one's in school wil enjoy it.

Should having all children in schools be a priority over and above having computers for a few ones
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 13, 2019
Nice one
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by PotatoSalad(m): 4:35am On Apr 13, 2019
mytime24:

I dnt getit

I c notin shocked
Look at the monitor with green wallpaper
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by jesmond3945: 6:35am On Apr 13, 2019
He should buy licenses for softwares and make it part of their learning curricula.
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by mytime24(f): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Look at the monitor with green wallpaper
is dat a ghost shocked grin
Re: Ugwuanyi Moves To Make All Students Ict-compliant by PotatoSalad(m): 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
mytime24:
is dat a ghost shocked grin
Chai. Oya bye bye

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Jamb Utme 2011/2012 Now Available Now Online Candidate To Upload: / Scholarship Opportunity For Polytechnic Students Only. / Almajiri Read Drug Notice And Explain It Uses I Was Socked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.