Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi (12508 Views)

Aluta Jango Finally Graduates From UNIJOS After 13 Years (Photos, Video) / Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns / ICAN Issues Accreditation Certificates To 24 Universities, 14 Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by OEPHIUS(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Honours governor as first Fellow of the College

…Asks over 10,000 graduands to come for collection of certificates

The Governing Council and Management of the Enugu State College of Education (Technical) - ESCET, have expressed their immense gratitude to Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for his passion, commitment and numerous interventions towards the growth and development of the College.
Speaking when she led members of the Governing Council, Management and academic staff of the College to formally present to Gov. Ugwuanyi an Award of Fellow of Enugu State College of Education (Technical), the Chairman of the Council, Amb. Mrs. Fidelia Akuabata Njeze, stressed that the governor’s support to the institution was “unprecedented”.

Amb. Njeze stated that the school, prior to the inception of the present administration in 2015, was confronted with the challenge of non-accreditation of courses for over a decade, which resulted to non-issuance of certificates to the College graduands and threatened the existence of the College as a tertiary institution.

The Council Chairman disclosed that Gov. Ugwuanyi’s administration gave the College financial support when the institution sought the state government’s assistance to meet the requirements of the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and National Universities Commission (NUC) in order to obtain accreditation.

“I make bold to state that today, we have full accreditation in all our courses both at NCE level with NCCE and Degree level with NUC in affiliation with Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka”, Amb. Njeze said.

She further disclosed that the governor’s interventions ensured that the College was able to successfully hold its first ever consolidated convocation ceremony (2009-2020) in October this year (10 years backlog of convocation of the College).

The Council Chairman therefore informed Gov. Ugwuanyi that “we are here today with your kind approval to conclude the ceremony, which will not be concluded without His Excellency’s participation”.

Amb. Njeze also thanked the governor for the ongoing construction of a Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) holding Hall with a seating capacity for 250 students, which she said, was 95 percent completed.

She equally appreciated Gov. Ugwuanyi for the “construction of first event modern students’ hostel since the College was created out of IMT, Enugu”, as well as “prompt and regular release of monthly subventions to the College”, among others.

Also speaking, the Provost of the College, Dr. Osondu Eze, while commending Gov. Ugwuanyi for his administration’s remarkable support, told the governor that “it is unprecedented that for the past 13 years of the establishment of this College, you are the only governor that gave us the approval to do convocation and start issuing certificates to graduands”.

Pointing out that “the era of no certificate is gone” as “we have more than 10,000 certificates waiting for graduands to come and collect”, the Provost called on those who passed through the College and have obtained clearance to come for collection of certificates.

Responding, Gov. Ugwuanyi thanked God and the College for the honour and reiterated his administration’s commitment to continue to change the school’s narrative, notwithstanding the fact that the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic and other challenges bothering on the economy and security, have reset and affected programmes of government at all levels.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1084640355342049&id=219622205177206

1 Like

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by OlapadeOJ(m): 3:45am On Dec 08, 2020
First to comment! Ok naa.

1 Like

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Coldie(m): 3:45am On Dec 08, 2020
Give me power over the east and I would fashion a land that africans would be dieing to come to.

I would open up the old river Niger/benue trading routes.

I would make a inter regional railway that runs through the entire southeast with.

I would develop a new agricultural system that countries with very small landmass would be asking for igbo expertise to help develop theirs.

I would attract back 60% of igbos in diaspora back to the east cause their won't be any reason to leave.

Every child with an igbo parent would be paid from birth until employment.

Just power for 8years

23 Likes

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Charlieluvboy(m): 3:47am On Dec 08, 2020
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by spyglaxx: 3:48am On Dec 08, 2020
T2c
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Jazzafizzy(f): 3:51am On Dec 08, 2020
Na waoo
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by SeriouslySense(m): 3:53am On Dec 08, 2020
May God grant you your wish
Coldie:
Give me power over the east and I would fashion a land that africans would be dieing to come to.

I would open up the old river Niger/venue trading routes.

I would make a inter regional railway that runs through the entire southeast with.

I would develop a new agricultural system that countries with very small landmass would be asking for igbo expertise to help develop theirs.

Just power for 8years

5 Likes

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by vicfajeze: 3:58am On Dec 08, 2020
keep it up
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Atk1nson(m): 4:05am On Dec 08, 2020
Na wa o, Nigerian school celebrates issuing certificate to graduates? Anyway, anything is better than going backwards, but we have a long way to go in this country

1 Like

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Coldie(m): 4:06am On Dec 08, 2020
SeriouslySense:
May God grant you your wish
I love our people so much.

It pains me to see the suffering going on.

Our people are suffering

5 Likes

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by dannyspeejay(m): 4:08am On Dec 08, 2020
Una no sleep
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by AMvanquish: 4:12am On Dec 08, 2020
For 13 years no Certificate was Issued. And you were collecting fees, teaching and passing out students. And for 13 years , the former Governors ,and commissioners of education observed this great Injustice.

Why are we like this in this Country!! Wonderful.

Kudos to the Governor for rectifying this.

10 Likes

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by AgroSeeds: 4:13am On Dec 08, 2020
Is 13 years not too much of a time notnto have issued certificates to people? The sad thing is that some of her students may have died without collecting their certificates.

Many years ago, IMSU medicine department was in such danger. I don't even know if that has been sorted out or its stll there.

6 Likes

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Midas01: 4:27am On Dec 08, 2020
What the actual glittery fvck...?
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Gammfreak(m): 4:29am On Dec 08, 2020
Chaiii....Escet wey I been dey go during my university time to pick and Bleep babes....bleeped up to 12gals there.... I enjoyed sha

5 Likes

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Mindlog: 4:55am On Dec 08, 2020
What were the graduands using all these years as a proof of having studied there? So over the years, the management of the College were boldly admitting students into their non-accredited courses shocked
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Mindlog: 5:00am On Dec 08, 2020
Gammfreak:
Chaiii....Escet wey I been dey go during my university time to pick and Bleep babes....bleeped up to 12gals there.... I enjoyed sha

Did you receive a Nobel prize for it?

8 Likes

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by RomanGreen: 5:16am On Dec 08, 2020
Gammfreak:
Chaiii....Escet wey I been dey go during my university time to pick and Bleep babes....bleeped up to 12gals there.... I enjoyed
sha

Where's your trophy?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by parkervero(m): 5:18am On Dec 08, 2020
Make I go collect my own certificate
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 08, 2020
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Ayoswit(f): 5:20am On Dec 08, 2020
13 yrs shocked, this is great injustice undecided
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Risingblue008(m): 5:21am On Dec 08, 2020
When I say school na scam
Una no go believe.
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by caylakays: 5:23am On Dec 08, 2020
Gammfreak:
You really enjoyed guy

1 Like

Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by SAMBARRY: 5:23am On Dec 08, 2020
Smh
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by AFULA(m): 5:24am On Dec 08, 2020
okay
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by ecolime(m): 5:40am On Dec 08, 2020
To issue certificate is now an achievement? Damn
Re: ESCET Issues Certificates To Graduands After 13 Years, School Thanks Ugwuanyi by Amoto05(m): 5:41am On Dec 08, 2020
k

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheapest Universities In The Uk (10+ Unis From £4,000) / What If There Were No Exams In Schools? / ABU Begins Courses In Islamic Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.