Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (36461 Views)

2023: Reconsider Your Need To Travel To Nigeria - Australia, UK Warn Citizens / Insecurity In Nigeria: Canada Warns Citizens To Avoid Non-Essential Travel / Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by ijabiken1(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2019
happney65:

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/13/reconsider-travelling-nigeria-us-warns-citizens?fbclid=IwAR0wrPOG652kvoNhoTCyywsvC77KFny4fC5lSwJqnirMmvDIvDm8D8K_oDY
no wonder when you visit America embassy for interview out of 100 applicans they only give 1 or 2 visa to travel to their country,our leaders as finished us,more especially this buhari administration
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Gang members killing themselves. 95% of killings in Chicago and Milwaukee is gang members killing themselves. The rest are usually stray bullets killing innocent people and IN EVERY INCIDENT where an innocent person is killed, the killer is caught within days.
When gang members kill themselves, no one, even the victims family is willing to cooperate with the police, they prefer to take out vengeance.
The problem in Nigeria is too much random killings and no prosecution.

Still, its lives lost.

The killings in Nigeria are mostly communal.

Ebonyi, Cross River, Benue, Nassarawa, Plateau.

Much as it isnt excusable for deaths in Nigeria, neither is it for those gang related deaths in the States.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Gang members killing themselves. 95% of killings in Chicago and Milwaukee is gang members killing themselves. The rest are usually stray bullets killing innocent people and IN EVERY INCIDENT where an innocent person is killed, the killer is caught within days.
When gang members kill themselves, no one, even the victims family is willing to cooperate with the police, they prefer to take out vengeance.
The problem in Nigeria is too much random killings and no prosecution.

And the regular mass shootings where something like 1 to 30 people are killed at a go?
It could be in a mall, a school, work place, a disco, a concert, you don't know where the next one will strike. And you feel safe?
Ignorance is bliss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:14am On Apr 13, 2019
MxreR:
It is a failure of this incompetent regime to protect lives and properties

Why hasn't Trump the same in the US or Theresa May in UK?
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 13, 2019
MxreR:
Buhari has destroyed Nigeria kpata kpata.. cheesy
You have a lopsided brain.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 11:14am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Bros ,abeg talk true. I have lived in both countries, please accept reality.

Ah, you Nigerians are impossible.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2019
tonyfrenzy:

wow!

While almost everything is true the last two aren't.

Don't you have dreams? Where is the enabling environment to see it through?

I believe elders in your locality have wisdom but where is the power to utilize or exert such wisdom?
If you are not in power your wisdom is only constrained to the powerless and becomes just a rant at best.

SMH undecided.

Are you a philosopher? undecided
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by samfishbone1(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2019
BuhariLooter:
NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA...
Professors without discovery, Politicians without ideology, Wealth without prosperity, Religion without piety, Leaders without vision, The oppressed without worries, Courts without justice, Criminals without fears, History without glory, Heroes without honor, Schools without learning, Artists without taste, Intellectuals without thought, Terrorists without identity, Appointees without life, Hunger without famine, Change without progress, Next level without foundation, Democracy without citizens, Unity without love, Heroes without sacrifice, Policies without plans, Crime without culprits, Saints without humility, Integrity without performance, Wars without enemies, Billionaires without business, Youth without dreams, Elders without wisdom.
well pointed out...... May God prosper u and increase ur wisdom...
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by pchukwudi: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2019
You guys should stop peddling these half truths about the US gun rights. Their constitution guarantees the right of its citizens to bear arms. And that's why they are the freest people in the world today. Not even their own government will dare to oppress them with a tyrannical abandon like is currently done all over the world - including the EU and the UK.

Here's an excerpt from a report you may want to look into before you start spewing your anti-US rhetorics on gun violence:

Researchers counted about 209,000 gun deaths in 1990 compared to 251,000 in 2016. The average rate, about 4 per 100,000 people, was mostly unchanged.

Two-thirds of the deaths in 2016 were homicides, although the U.S. is among wealthy countries where suicides by gun outnumber gun killings , the study found.

Yes, that's because the US knows that nothing stops a bad guy with a gun like a good guy with a gun.

jomoh:

According to report aired on Aljazeera in a documentary on gun control, 37,000 people were killed in the US by gunshot in the year 2017 alone.

That is more than times 3 what herdsmen and Boko Haram combined has killed in 3years.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:18am On Apr 13, 2019
banio:
Nigeria is safe and peaceful
You are invited to sambisa to make your comment a shout out sad

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by MxreR: 11:18am On Apr 13, 2019
These countries and their leaders are swift in resolving any killing in their countries, while in Nigeria under Buhari, people die everyday by fulani herdsmen murderers without no trace. Abeg leave matter

GavelSlam:

Why hasn't Trump the same in the US or Theresa May in UK?
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Dikegodspower(m): 11:18am On Apr 13, 2019
[quote author=DWJOBScom post=77502917]It is well with NIgeria and we won’t give up on her[/quote

It is well with Nigeria right?
My dear wake up before is too late o]
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by BrainSanitizer: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2019
pchukwudi:
Any data to support this your blatant lie about the US?

I don't usually respond to mentions by people who are too lazy to follow the news, or people who are still analogue in a digital world.
However, for the sake of my good mood let me educate you a little.
As at March 19, 2019, the number of mass shootings in the USA stood at 61. Hey! That's for 2019 only.
In 2018, there were 340 mass shootings in the US, a slight reduction in the 346 recorded in 2017.
That's an average of over 28 shooting per month in 2018... I'm sure you know that's a massacre of people almost every other day!
You can visit the gun violence archive for more information.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2019
MxreR:
These countries and their leaders are swift in resolving any killing in their countries, while in Nigeria under Buhari, people die everyday by fulani herdsmen murderers without no trace. Abeg leave matter

No one is saying they aren't more responsive but the issue of violent deaths especially in the US cannot be overlooked.

If you must make excuses for them, you must do the same for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Allansmith: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2019
Both Countries do seems not to be safe but yes America would be rated safe than Nigeria because all crime are reported and those I line with such crimes are always brought to book regardless of who ever is in power and no matter how long it takes for justice to pass it's judgement and this alone would scare people off from getting involved in any evil act with the fear of being caught...Any nobody is ever above the law....
Nigeria is yes our country but sincerely how much freedom do we change even as Nigerians in Nigeria...The only thing I pray is God heal our lands and make things right cos most people are self centered as those who really want to make things work are either influenced and should one not allow to be influenced get pulled out with propaganda or such lives taken away for no specific reason.....

Father Lord...Let all stormy water over Nigeria be still this very day....Amen...

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

I don't usually respond to mentions by people who are too lazy to follow the news, or people who are still analogue in a digital world.
As at March 19, 2019, the number of mass shootings in the USA stood at 61. Hey! That's for 2019 only.
In 2018, there were 340 mass shootings in the US, a slight reduction in the 346 recorded in 2017.
That's an average of over 28 shooting per month in 2018... I'm sure you know that's a massacre of people almost every other day!

God bless you jare. These people have a rose tinted vision of America. It is all a ruse.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:21am On Apr 13, 2019
Guestlander:

And the regular mass shootings where something like 1 to 30 people are killed at a go?
It could be in a mall, a school, work place, a disco, a concert, you don't know where the next one will strike. And you feel safe?
Ignorance is bliss.

And in EVERY SINGLE CASE, the killers have been killed or are in jail.

Name one case from ANY STATE where masses have been killed ,that killers have been convicted and jailed. From Zamfara to Rivers to Benue.

Name ONE KIDNAPPER who has EVER been prosecuted and jailed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

You are invited to sambisa to give your comment a shout out sad
. shocked
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Name one case from ANY STATE where masses have been killed ,that killers have been convicted and jailed. From Zamfara to Rivers to Benue.

Who cares about the killers? Capturing a killer doesn't compensate for a life lost. Once you are dead, you are dead.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by AbujaBlue: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2019
Some people here are delusional. Please check simple facts

Murder rate per million people.

Nigeria: 122
USA: 42
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

And have these killers been jailed or killed or are they still roaming the streets.

Then give me the name OF ANY MASS KILLER or KIDNAPPER in Nigeria who has EVER been convicted or executed.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Evans.

What's the name of that one in Imo?

The thing is, when they are caught you would be the first to call them innocent people or go into a tribal rant.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:25am On Apr 13, 2019
Guestlander:

Who cares about the killers? Capturing a killer doesn't compensate for a life lost. Once you are dead, you are dead.

Oga, you are delusional! Please accept my sympathy!
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by MxreR: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2019
No sane person should make excuses for a lawless country like Nigeria under the gworo chewing illiterate called Buhari. A lawless country where the president blames Malians and Libyans for the mindless murder of Nigerians by fulani terrorists

GavelSlam:

No one is saying they aren't more responsive but the issue of violent deaths especially in the US cannot be overlooked.

If you must make excuses for them, you must do the same for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Oga, you are delusional! Please accept my sympathy!

I know, simply go back to what you are good at; insults.
Blockhead.

3 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Evans.

The thing is, when they are caught you would be the first to call them innocent people or go into a tribal rant.

Me tribal rant? If you can show me where i was ever tribalistic, i will pay your rent for 3 months.
You can't fear God and be tribalistic. Tribalism is demonic.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:27am On Apr 13, 2019
MxreR:
No sane person should make excuses for a lawless country like Nigeria under the gworo chewing illiterate called Buhari.

I see where you are coming from.

Your own case is bigotry.

Don't worry, my last response to you.

5 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Evans.

The thing is, when they are caught you would be the first to loopcall them innocent people or go into a tribal rant.

Evans? Almost 2 years after, no conviction.

2 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Me tribal rant? If you can show me where i was ever tribalistic, i will pay your rent for 3 months.
You can't fear God and be tribalistic. Tribalism is demonic.

When I say you, I didn't mean Babzo in particular.

Let's not go into my living costs.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by AngelicBeing: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Crimes are investigated in America, culprits charged and jailed or executed. ALL the criminals involved in mass shootings were either shot and killed or are in jail for life. All were arrested within 24 hours.
Robbers who robbed our house in Ikeja in 1996 have not been identified or arrested till this day.
Those who killed dozens in Zamfara last week have not been identified nor arrested. The suspected cultists who killed some people in Port Harcourt earlier this month are still walking free.
The kidnappers who killed the Lagos Fire Director last Saturday have not been identified.

The killer of Dele Giwa is still unknown
The killers of Alfred Rewane 23 years ago have NEVER been identified.

You can add to the list.
Exactly. Bola Ige, Funsho Williams and several others have been killed and uptill date, killers have not been identified sad
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Still, its lives lost.

The killings in Nigeria are mostly communal.

Ebonyi, Cross River, Benue, Nassarawa, Plateau.

Much as it isnt excusable for deaths in Nigeria, neither is it for those gang related deaths in the States.

Cultists killing in Rivers and Badoo in Lagos is not communal.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Evans? Almost 2 years after, no conviction.

How many years before Ted Bundy was finally jailed?

Has Maddy been found?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos: Travellers Stranded In Benin/Asaba Express Way Gridlock / Nigerian Student's In Philipines, How Do You Survive? / Opay, Max.ng May Go As Lagos Decides On Okada, Tricycle Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.