Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Marafa Offers Saraki Another Wife In Appreciation For N10bn Zamfara Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marafa Offers Saraki Another Wife In Appreciation For N10bn Zamfara Intervention (557 Views)

Bola Tinubu Shows Appreciation For Congratulatory Messages / Marafa Offers Saraki Another Wife / Buhari Meets Anyim, Uduaghan, Marafa In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marafa Offers Saraki Another Wife In Appreciation For N10bn Zamfara Intervention by olas24u(f): 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2019
Obichie - Senator Kabiru Marafa has offered another wife to Senate President Bukola Saraki in appreciation for the approval of the N10 billion intervention funds for Zamfara - The Zamfara lawmaker also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for intervening in his state’s security situation - Marafa further teased Senator Shehu Sani over his impending exit from the Senate; pointing out that they were going to be together in retirement The senator representing Zamfara Central in the upper legislative chamber, Kabiru Marafa, has offered Senate President Bukola Saraki another wife. The Zamfara lawmaker made the offer on the floor of the red chamber on Thursday, April 11 as he thanked his colleagues for the approval of the N10 billion intervention funds for Zamfara, following the heightened insecurity in the state, The Cable reports. READ ALSO: Zamfara air strikes: NAF calls for evidence of alleged bombing of civilians Legit.ng gathers that while speaking, Marafa said there is room for another wife in the Senate president’s house because its size “is grossly underutilised.” He said: “I have a mounting order from my constituents to thank you for the efforts we all collectively put in addressing the plight of the people of Zamfara state. “Mr President, I want to thank you specifically. A lady in my constituency said I should tell you specifically that she has never seen you hit the gavel the way you did yesterday and I should tell you that when you commence your sabbatical, that she has offered herself to marry you, if you so wish. “I told her to wait until we see facts and figures in the 2019 budget. With respect and apology to madam at home but from where I come, you are allowed up to four wives. So madam should please keep space because anytime I sit at home and look at the size of the house, I feel it is grossly underutilised.” The Zamfara lawmaker also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for intervening in his state’s security situation. He said: “On behalf of all the people of Zamfara state, I want to thank you so much and also the leadership of the Senate.” He added: “Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, they wish you a successful retirement as government pikin. “Senator Shehu Sani, you are legislatively violent with your chairmanship of the Committee on Foreign and Domestic Debts and we are all going to be together in retirement; me, you and Senator Monsurat. “They said I should tell the chairman of appropriations and members that you have done your utmost best and look forward to your efforts and cooperation. “I thank Senator Adeyeye as a retiring senator, you performed very well. Obviously nobody will say they want to marry you. (Laughter). “Distinguished Senator Ekweremadu, you are donning quite a befitting cap today. You have called for a state of emergency in Zamfara but I will advise you don’t visit the Senate president in the office today for very obvious reasons.” On his part, Saraki made a case for the funds to be approved and appreciated all the senators who contributed to the debate on the insecurity in the state. PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that the Senate proposed that a N10 billion intervention fund be made part of the 2019 budget to assist persons displaced by banditry in Zamfara. This followed a motion by Senator Kabiru Marafa on Wednesday, April 10, at the upper chamber. The Senate further called for the establishment of a 10-year presidential initiative to cater to the needs of displaced persons affected by banditry in the state. NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service! Put an end to killings in Zamfara - Nigerians tell Buhari - on Legit TV: Source: Legit.n

(1) (Reply)

Full Details Of Bill Gates Telephone Conversation With President Buhari Revealed / LASG Commissions New Digitized Treasury Office Storage Facility, Roads In Lekki / Caption This Picture Of Mr President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.