Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors (21890 Views)

WASSCE: Ghanaian Students Beat Invigilators Over Strict Supervision (Graphic) / Isreal Galadima The JAMB Guru: Throwback Pictures Of 2018 UTME Highest Scorer / '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Abdulhakeem78(m): 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Quote the section of the constitution. Thank you
According to Section 38, Subsection 1 of the Nigerian Constitution (as amended in 2011), “Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion…(either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance”. Therefore, without equivocation, the constitutionality of hijab is incontrovertible. You are honourably welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by LordGuru1: 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
Komu1048:
Anytime i hear hijab, I remember Zainab. Zainab had 6 carry overs in year one but since then she always wear hijab to exams and miraculously that settles it. Most Hijab wearing students in Kogi State university use it for expo, even some Christian ladies wear it in hard courses. But men are helpless, until hijab can be worn by men that pieces of shit should be scrapped. It makes poor female students perform better n to me that's sexism
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by ChristianNorth: 4:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
Abdulhakeem78:

According to Section 38, Subsection 1 of the Nigerian Constitution (as amended in 2011), “Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion…(either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance”. Therefore, without equivocation, the constitutionality of hijab is incontrovertible. You are honourably welcome.
Provided it is practiced in manners that uphold natural justice.

When you wear Hijab in a manner that flouts stipulated rules, that section won't apply. Human right has limitations.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by generationz(f): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
Khaleell001:

You are very very ignorant.
The reasons Adolf Hitler incinerated 5 million Jews was more of religious than immigration claims.

Adolf Hitler was a white Christian suprmacist who who promoted fascism.

We know slave trade was done using the biblical verse of Genesis 9 to 11 where the sons of Noah were divided and all that.

It is an open secret.

Indeed

what denomination was Hitler ?

you have provided not one proof, not one link to buttress your point Mr

which religious organizations around the world supported his acts?

I can as well say Hitler was an IBO man and stand by it.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
Nobody is carrying arms, you heard what Muric said.
Offenders would be taken to the police station.
As in police wey dem b abi?
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
queiii:

i care less about that. not wearing hijab for 120mins won't stop her from wearing it for the rest of her life. Plus that piece of clothing doesn't guarantee "islam Heaven" for her. everyone knows examination officials can be pretty extreme... so kukuma do wetin em ask u...enta that hall write wetin u go dia for.

na una types( u, the gurl, her dad, and every other dumb die-hard religious type) dey cause wahala where e no suppose dey
u er the dumb foooool here and not anyone else.
why don't you turn on the aggressive Christian fanatic invigilator who couldn't bear the sight of an innocent hijab wearing teenager whose rights ve been violated
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Patrioticman007(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
generationz:

Indeed

what denomination was Hitler ?

you have provided not one proof, not one link to buttress your point Mr

which religious organizations around the world supported his acts?

I can as well say Hitler was an IBO man and stand by it.

Ignorance is not an excuse. Google crusade war by the church and you see the atrocities committed by Christians in Jesus name.
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by PeterChrist: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
Khaleell001:

You are very very ignorant.
The reasons Adolf Hitler incinerated 5 million Jews was more of religious than immigration claims.

Adolf Hitler was a white Christian suprmacist who who promoted fascism.

We know slave trade was done using the biblical verse of Genesis 9 to 11 where the sons of Noah were divided and all that.

It is an open secret.

On a normal day, I would've ignored your false assertions but the fact that you keep repeating such treacherous arguments pushed me beyond the limits.
First, you are labouring under the impression that every non-Muslim terrorists must be Christian. You are unaware of the fact that historians Hitler to be an atheist due to the fact that he attacked many doctrines. In fact, he admires Islam because according to him, the religion extols in violence to achieve its aims. For an insight into the religious beliefs of Hitler, why not consult this site: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler and see how ignorant you are?
Second, you keep accusing us of engaging in slave trade despite the fact that your beloved prophet had slaves. Go and dust your history books, it took the full moral force of Christianity to ban slavery from the globe (though slavery is still common in Islam-dominated nations). You keep confusing European slave traders with Christian missionaries just because they were both whites. Smh for you. Your argument goes like this
1. The European slave traders were whites
2. The Christian missionaries too where whites
Therefore,
3. The European slave traders = Christian missionaries.
This is an equivocal fallacy - something you ought to know without being a genius.
The Christian missionaries stopped the barbaric killings and enlightened us. They brought western education to Nigeria and this is what UTME is all about yet you want to kill yourself because of it. Reminds me of Muslim refugees who look helpless when arriving in America only to shout "death to America" after the country had welcomed them, fed them and clothed them despite the fact Islamic nations had rejected them for fear of terrorism.
And to the mumus out there telling us that JAMB never explicitly prohibited Hijab, I guess am free to write the exam with my helmets. A man could just come into the exam hall with a mask telling the authorities that he is prohibited to pull off the mask according to his religion. I guess you will want the examiners to accept such excuses in the name of religion tolerance.
UTME is a secular exam and if you can't go by the stipulated rules, then go back to the maddrassas where you can live 7th century Arabian lifestyle to the fullest.

4 Likes

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by bimtee2001(f): 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
What are we teaching the coming generation? I believe our children should be taught to obey the rules and regulations of whichever organization they find themselves. My child wrote this exam,he was asked to remove his shoes and he wrote the exam barefooted.
We're all aware of the high rate of exam malpractice. I believe it is better to allow these children grow as good Nigerians.
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Khaleell001(m): 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2019
PeterChrist:

On a normal day, I would've ignored your false assertions but the fact that you keep repeating such treacherous arguments pushed me beyond the limits.
First, you are labouring under the impression that every non-Muslim terrorists must be Christian. You are unaware of the fact that historians Hitler to be an atheist due to the fact that he attacked many doctrines. In fact, he admires Islam because according to him, the religion extols in violence to achieve its aims. For an insight into the religious beliefs of Hitler, why not consult this site: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler and see how ignorant you are?
Second, you keep accusing us of engaging in slave trade despite the fact that your beloved prophet had slaves. Go and dust your history books, it took the full moral force of Christianity to ban slavery from the globe (though slavery is still common in Islam-dominated nations). You keep confusing European slave traders with Christian missionaries just because they were both whites. Smh for you. Your argument goes like this
1. The European slave traders were whites
2. The Christian missionaries too where whites
Therefore,
3. The European slave traders = Christian missionaries.
This is an equivocal fallacy - something you ought to know without being a genius.
The Christian missionaries stopped the barbaric killings and enlightened us. They brought western education to Nigeria and this is what UTME is all about yet you want to kill yourself because of it. Reminds me of Muslim refugees who look helpless when arriving in America only to shout "death to America" after the country had welcomed them, fed them and clothed them despite the fact Islamic nations had rejected them for fear of terrorism.
And to the mumus out there telling us that JAMB never explicitly prohibited Hijab, I guess am free to write the exam with my helmets. A man could just come into the exam hall with a mask telling the authorities that he is prohibited to pull off the mask according to his religion. I guess you will want the examiners to accept such excuses in the name of religion tolerance.
UTME is a secular exam and if you can't go by the stipulated rules, then go back to the maddrassas where you can live 7th century Arabian lifestyle to the fullest.

You can deny all you want about Hitler's history, but it does not detract from the fact he committed one of the heinous crime in human history.

The fact still remained that slavery were mostly by European and American christians ...
They were not atheist or any of those run-to-excue you think you can pull in to deceive anybody here.

UTME a secular exam?
I understand your uncontrolled bigotry has blinded yiu from seeing the bigger picture.
This is the official twitter handle of Jamb and thus is what they have to say to fanatical Christian hordes like you and that overzealous invigilator .

1 Like

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by laudate: 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
Patrioticman007:

Hear this fool, name Christian North..... We don't have Christians in the North, we have maguzawa ( Image & Stone worshipers)
There are many Christians in the North. Go back to school and collect a refund from your teachers if they did not teach you this simple truth. angry

1 Like

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Komu1048(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
u er the dumb foooool here and not anyone else.
why don't you turn on the aggressive Christian fanatic invigilator who couldn't bear the sight of an innocent hijab wearing teenager whose rights ve been violated

Shut the fu*k up there is nothing innocent in hijab. It is more of criminal attire than religion wear. Good Muslim lady should wear that short one but those big masquerade like-one should be scraped. They only use it for criminal activities

1 Like

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2019
Komu1048:

Shut the fu*k up there is nothing innocent in hijab. It is more of criminal attire than religion wear. Good Muslim lady should wear that short one but those big masquerade like-one should be scraped. They only use it for criminal activities
The wearing of hijab will continue unabated, if not for anything but to torment intolerant religious fanatics like u.

If you can't stand the hijab you can go hug a transformer
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by PeterChrist: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
Khaleell001:

You can deny all you want about Hitler's history, but it does not detract from the fact he committed one of the heinous crime in human history. .

So? Where did I deny that he committed one of the heinous crimes in history? Moreover, he shares a lot in common with your beloved prophet. Moreover, you forgot that it was the Christians and Jews who stood against Hitler and ensure that Nazism was finally destroyed. Just because Hitler committed one of the most heinous crimes in history does not mean that we should ignore the barbaric acts committed in the name of Islam. You are committing the fallacy of distraction.

Khaleell001:

The fact still remained that slavery were mostly by European and American christians ...
They were not atheist or any of those run-to-excue you think you can pull in to deceive anybody here. .

So just because there are Muslim internet fraudsters, we can conclude that Islam supports internet fraud? Abi? Just because there are Muslims who drink alcoholics and smoke cigarettes, we can now conclude that Islam endorses such acts? smh for you. Just because there are Christians who engage in slave trade does not mean that Christianity supports slave trade. Why don't you take a look at the early Church and see for yourself if they are slave traders? Muhammad and his cohorts on the other hand engage in slave trade. On what grounds do you want to blast the medieval European slave traders and exonerate Muhammad and his early disciples? You are not even making sense.
The fact still remains that it was Christianity that banned slavery from the globe not Islam.

Khaleell001:

UTME a secular exam?
I understand your uncontrolled bigotry has blinded yiu from seeing the bigger picture.
This is the official twitter handle of Jamb and thus is what they have to say to fanatical Christian hordes like you and that overzealous invigilator .

Of course I am aware of people who wore their hijab while writing the utme yesteryears. It is the issue of being dogmatic concerning the issue of hijab that is very annoying. You Muslims cry out as if you were always the victims despite the fact that you are oppressing other religions in the countries where you dominate. It is a sign that your religion is insecure. How many Christians have you seen protesting in Saudi Arabia despite the fact that Muslims oppresses them there? This is because Christianity has nothing to fear. So true is the saying that goes
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church"
The hijab you are screaming about is also worn by Christians and other pagans so what is the big deal in hijab?
Moreover, UTME is a secular exam and not a religious one so get that straight. Moreover, UTME is based on the western education brought to Nigeria by the Christian missionaries (whom you stubbornly confuse with the European slave traders). Why don't you face the eastern education enforced in the North by Usman Dan Fodio?

1 Like

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by PeterChrist: 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Khaleell001:
I understand your uncontrolled bigotry has blinded yiu from seeing the bigger picture... fanatical Christian hordes like you and that overzealous invigilator .

And by the way, why don't you sit down and let me educate you on how and why Muhammad imposed hijab upon women?

The sequence of the events leading to the revelation of hijab is in five stages:

1. Umar repeatedly asks Muhammad that Allah should reveal verses for the Qur'an pertaining to the veiling of women.
2. No such revelation is sent down.
3. Umar follows Muhammad's wives one night when they go out to relieve themselves (go to the toilet) and calls out to Muhammad's wife Sauda.
4. Sauda goes home in a state of embarrassment and relates to Muhammad what has happened.
5. Allah then reveals the hijab verse as Umar had wanted all along.

Below are the hadiths where Umar boasted that Allah agreed with his own advice.

Narrated Umar: I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Good and bad persons enter upon you, so I suggest that you order the mothers of the Believers (i.e. your wives) to observe veils." Then Allah revealed the Verses of Al-Hijab.
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:313

Ibn Umar reported Umar as saying: My lord concorded with (my judgments) on three occasions. In case of the Station of Ibrahim, in case of the observance of veil and in case of the prisoners of Badr.
Sahih Muslim 31:5903

At first, Muhammad did not agree with Umar but Umar took some actions in order to compel Allah to reveal the verse.

Umar started spying on Muhammad's wives by following them to the toilet!!!

Narrated 'Aisha: The wives of the Prophet used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).
Sahih Bukhari 1:4:148

Narrated 'Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to say to Allah's Apostle "Let your wives be veiled" But he did not do so. The wives of the Prophet used to go out to answer the call of nature at night only at Al-Manasi.' Once Sauda, the daughter of Zam'a went out and she was a tall woman. 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her while he was in a gathering, and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda!" He ('Umar) said so as he was anxious for some Divine orders regarding the veil (the veiling of women.) So Allah revealed the Verse of veiling. (Al-Hijab; a complete body cover excluding the eyes). (See Hadith No. 148, Vol. 1) Sahih Bukhari 8:74:257

Then hijab was made compulsory for women when Muhammad started getting suspicious that some of his followers are getting attracted to his wives as the hadiths below demonstrates:

Narrated Anas: A banquet of bread and meat was held on the occasion of the marriage of the Prophet to Zainab bint Jahsh. I was sent to invite the people (to the banquet), and so the people started coming (in groups); They would eat and then leave. Another batch would come, eat and leave. So I kept on inviting the people till I found nobody to invite. Then I said, "O Allah's Prophet! I do not find anybody to invite." He said, "Carry away the remaining food." Then a batch of three persons stayed in the house chatting. The Prophet left and went towards the dwelling place of Aisha and said, "Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you, O the people of the house!" She replied, "Peace and the mercy of Allah be on you too. How did you find your wife? May Allah bless you. Then he went to the dwelling places of all his other wives and said to them the same as he said to Aisha and they said to him the same as Aisha had said to him. Then the Prophet returned and found a group of three persons still in the house chatting. The Prophet was a very shy person, so he went out (for the second time) and went towards the dwelling place of 'Aisha. I do not remember whether I informed him that the people have gone away. So he returned and as soon as he entered the gate, he drew the curtain between me and him, and then the Verse of Al-Hijab was revealed.
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:316

Narrated Anas: When Allah's Apostle married Zainab bint Jahsh, he made the people eat meat and bread to their fill (by giving a Walima banquet). Then he went out to the dwelling places of the mothers of the believers (his wives), as he used to do in the morning of his marriage. He would greet them and invoke good on them, and they (too) would return his greeting and invoke good on him. When he returned to his house, he found two men talking to each other; and when he saw them, he went out of his house again. When those two men saw Allah's Apostle: going out of his house, they quickly got up (and departed). I do not remember whether I informed him of their departure, or he was informed (by somebody else). So he returned, and when he entered the house, he lowered the curtain between me and him. Then the Verse of Al-Hijab was revealed.
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:317

Apparently, Umar was not satisfied once he had gotten the Hijab verses he eagerly bothered Muhammad about. He wanted women to be completely unrecognizable. So he started spying on the Muhammad's wives again!!!

Narrated Aisha: Sauda (the wife of the Prophet) went out to answer the call of nature after it was made obligatory (for all the Muslims ladies) to observe the veil. She was a fat huge lady, and everybody who knew her before could recognize her. So 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her and said, "O Sauda! By Allah, you cannot hide yourself from us, so think of a way by which you should not be recognized on going out. Sauda returned while Allah's Apostle was in my house taking his supper and a bone covered with meat was in his hand. She entered and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I went out to answer the call of nature and 'Umar said to me so-and-so." Then Allah inspired him (the Prophet) and when the state of inspiration was over and the bone was still in his hand as he had not put in down, he said (to Sauda), "You (women) have been allowed to go out for your needs."
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:318

A'isha reported that Sauda (Allah be pleased with her) went out (in the fields) in order to answer the call of nature even after the time when veil had been prescribed for women. She had been a bulky lady, significant in height amongst the women, and she could not conceal herself from him who had known her. 'Umar b. Khattab saw her and said: Sauda, by Allah, you cannot conceal from us. Therefore, be careful when you go out. She ('A'isha) said: She turned back. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was at that time in my house having his evening meal and there was a bone in his hand. She (Sauda) cline and said: Allah's Messenger. I went out and 'Umar said to me so and so. She ('A'isha) reported: There came the revelation to him and then it was over; the bone was then in his hand and he had not thrown it and he said:" Permission has been granted to you that you may go out for your needs."
Sahih Muslim 26:5395

Conclusion: The reason that Muslim women wear the hijab today is not a spiritual one, nor is it a matter of piety. Covering the hair/face cannot be considered an act of modesty because Muslim men are not required to cover theirs. The sole reason they do it is because Umar bin Al-Khattab, a companion of Prophet Muhammad, wished that he would reveal verses from Allah requiring women to wear it. When Muhammad did not oblige, Umar did not consider praying to Allah for assistance. Umar knew he had to make it personal for Muhammad himself in order to bring the revelation down. He followed Muhammad's wives out when they went to go to the toilet and made his presence known. When Muhammad heard of this, the revelation that Umar had so wanted was sent down from Allah. Umar knew where these revelations were really coming from, which is why he went to Muhammad and harassed his wives instead of asking Allah.

Although the revelational circumstances for the hijab may seem comical, the consequences that we can see to this day, are not. The requirement for the hijab has had the effect of placing full responsibility for Muslim-male self control onto the females - freeing the men of responsibility for their actions if they see an unveiled woman. Lack of self control is not an inherent attribute to men, because men in non-Islamic societies generally do not have such self control issues; when it is rare to see a woman covered so in these societies. The hijab's purpose, as revealed and to this day, is designed to protect Muslim females from the now acceptable behavior of Muslim males; behavior which has been deemed socially acceptable precisely because of the requirement of Muslim females to wear the hijab.
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Khaleell001(m): 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
PeterChrist:

So? Where did I deny that he committed one of the heinous crimes in history? Moreover, he shares a lot in common with your beloved prophet. Moreover, you forgot that it was the Christians and Jews who stood against Hitler and ensure that Nazism was finally destroyed. Just because Hitler committed one of the most heinous crimes in history does not mean that we should ignore the barbaric acts committed in the name of Islam. You are committing the fallacy of distraction.

So just because there are Muslim internet fraudsters, we can conclude that Islam supports internet fraud? Abi? Just because there are Muslims who drink alcoholics and smoke cigarettes, we can now conclude that Islam endorses such acts? smh for you. Just because there are Christians who engage in slave trade does not mean that Christianity supports slave trade. Why don't you take a look at the early Church and see for yourself if they are slave traders? Muhammad and his cohorts on the other hand engage in slave trade. On what grounds do you want to blast the medieval European slave traders and exonerate Muhammad and his early disciples? You are not even making sense.
The fact still remains that it was Christianity that banned slavery from the globe not Islam.

Of course I am aware of people who wore their hijab while writing the utme yesteryears. It is the issue of being dogmatic concerning the issue of hijab that is very annoying. You Muslims cry out as if you were always the victims despite the fact that you are oppressing other religions in the countries where you dominate. It is a sign that your religion is insecure. How many Christians have you seen protesting in Saudi Arabia despite the fact that Muslims oppresses them there? This is because Christianity has nothing to fear. So true is the saying that goes
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church"
The hijab you are screaming about is also worn by Christians and other pagans so what is the big deal in hijab?
Moreover, UTME is a secular exam and not a religious one so get that straight. Moreover, UTME is based on the western education brought to Nigeria by the Christian missionaries (whom you stubbornly confuse with the European slave traders). Why don't you face the eastern education enforced in the North by Usman Dan Fodio?

We can argue back and forth about who did this, who did that and the reasons behind several acts that were perpetrated in the past,but let's not loose sight of the fact that you Christians only play that Nigeria-is-a-secular-country card when you feel you are losing the argument.
I may argue you in the point of whether education is western or eastern.
What you call western education is a misnomer.
There is nothing westerner about education.
Even the numeral digits (1,2,3,5)you use for counting are called Arabic numerals and they are many things which the Arabs and Muslims contributed to what most of you call western Education.
Well that's not the point of divide between us.

Meanwhile,the crux of the matter is, is hijaab allowed to be used as a legal apparel in sitting for any exam in Nigeria?
This is the bone of contention,and the best person to answer this question is the umpire which is Jamb.
Never mind if we are operating a secular or triangular system;the point of difference between us is,is hijaab allowed?
We don't need to start shouting on the top of our voice or insult each other on any point we have disagreement to make our points .
Now read below from the verified twitter handle of the umpire and judge for yourself who the bigots are:

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Khaleell001(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
PeterChrist:

And by the way, why don't you sit down and let me educate you on how and why Muhammad imposed hijab upon women?

The sequence of the events leading to the revelation of hijab is in five stages:

1. Umar repeatedly asks Muhammad that Allah should reveal verses for the Qur'an pertaining to the veiling of women.
2. No such revelation is sent down.
3. Umar follows Muhammad's wives one night when they go out to relieve themselves (go to the toilet) and calls out to Muhammad's wife Sauda.
4. Sauda goes home in a state of embarrassment and relates to Muhammad what has happened.
5. Allah then reveals the hijab verse as Umar had wanted all along.

Below are the hadiths where Umar boasted that Allah agreed with his own advice.

Narrated Umar: I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Good and bad persons enter upon you, so I suggest that you order the mothers of the Believers (i.e. your wives) to observe veils." Then Allah revealed the Verses of Al-Hijab.
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:313

Ibn Umar reported Umar as saying: My lord concorded with (my judgments) on three occasions. In case of the Station of Ibrahim, in case of the observance of veil and in case of the prisoners of Badr.
Sahih Muslim 31:5903

At first, Muhammad did not agree with Umar but Umar took some actions in order to compel Allah to reveal the verse.

Umar started spying on Muhammad's wives by following them to the toilet!!!

Narrated 'Aisha: The wives of the Prophet used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).
Sahih Bukhari 1:4:148

Narrated 'Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to say to Allah's Apostle "Let your wives be veiled" But he did not do so. The wives of the Prophet used to go out to answer the call of nature at night only at Al-Manasi.' Once Sauda, the daughter of Zam'a went out and she was a tall woman. 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her while he was in a gathering, and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda!" He ('Umar) said so as he was anxious for some Divine orders regarding the veil (the veiling of women.) So Allah revealed the Verse of veiling. (Al-Hijab; a complete body cover excluding the eyes). (See Hadith No. 148, Vol. 1) Sahih Bukhari 8:74:257

Then hijab was made compulsory for women when Muhammad started getting suspicious that some of his followers are getting attracted to his wives as the hadiths below demonstrates:

Narrated Anas: A banquet of bread and meat was held on the occasion of the marriage of the Prophet to Zainab bint Jahsh. I was sent to invite the people (to the banquet), and so the people started coming (in groups); They would eat and then leave. Another batch would come, eat and leave. So I kept on inviting the people till I found nobody to invite. Then I said, "O Allah's Prophet! I do not find anybody to invite." He said, "Carry away the remaining food." Then a batch of three persons stayed in the house chatting. The Prophet left and went towards the dwelling place of Aisha and said, "Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you, O the people of the house!" She replied, "Peace and the mercy of Allah be on you too. How did you find your wife? May Allah bless you. Then he went to the dwelling places of all his other wives and said to them the same as he said to Aisha and they said to him the same as Aisha had said to him. Then the Prophet returned and found a group of three persons still in the house chatting. The Prophet was a very shy person, so he went out (for the second time) and went towards the dwelling place of 'Aisha. I do not remember whether I informed him that the people have gone away. So he returned and as soon as he entered the gate, he drew the curtain between me and him, and then the Verse of Al-Hijab was revealed.
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:316

Narrated Anas: When Allah's Apostle married Zainab bint Jahsh, he made the people eat meat and bread to their fill (by giving a Walima banquet). Then he went out to the dwelling places of the mothers of the believers (his wives), as he used to do in the morning of his marriage. He would greet them and invoke good on them, and they (too) would return his greeting and invoke good on him. When he returned to his house, he found two men talking to each other; and when he saw them, he went out of his house again. When those two men saw Allah's Apostle: going out of his house, they quickly got up (and departed). I do not remember whether I informed him of their departure, or he was informed (by somebody else). So he returned, and when he entered the house, he lowered the curtain between me and him. Then the Verse of Al-Hijab was revealed.
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:317

Apparently, Umar was not satisfied once he had gotten the Hijab verses he eagerly bothered Muhammad about. He wanted women to be completely unrecognizable. So he started spying on the Muhammad's wives again!!!

Narrated Aisha: Sauda (the wife of the Prophet) went out to answer the call of nature after it was made obligatory (for all the Muslims ladies) to observe the veil. She was a fat huge lady, and everybody who knew her before could recognize her. So 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw her and said, "O Sauda! By Allah, you cannot hide yourself from us, so think of a way by which you should not be recognized on going out. Sauda returned while Allah's Apostle was in my house taking his supper and a bone covered with meat was in his hand. She entered and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I went out to answer the call of nature and 'Umar said to me so-and-so." Then Allah inspired him (the Prophet) and when the state of inspiration was over and the bone was still in his hand as he had not put in down, he said (to Sauda), "You (women) have been allowed to go out for your needs."
Sahih Bukhari 6:60:318

A'isha reported that Sauda (Allah be pleased with her) went out (in the fields) in order to answer the call of nature even after the time when veil had been prescribed for women. She had been a bulky lady, significant in height amongst the women, and she could not conceal herself from him who had known her. 'Umar b. Khattab saw her and said: Sauda, by Allah, you cannot conceal from us. Therefore, be careful when you go out. She ('A'isha) said: She turned back. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was at that time in my house having his evening meal and there was a bone in his hand. She (Sauda) cline and said: Allah's Messenger. I went out and 'Umar said to me so and so. She ('A'isha) reported: There came the revelation to him and then it was over; the bone was then in his hand and he had not thrown it and he said:" Permission has been granted to you that you may go out for your needs."
Sahih Muslim 26:5395

Conclusion: The reason that Muslim women wear the hijab today is not a spiritual one, nor is it a matter of piety. Covering the hair/face cannot be considered an act of modesty because Muslim men are not required to cover theirs. The sole reason they do it is because Umar bin Al-Khattab, a companion of Prophet Muhammad, wished that he would reveal verses from Allah requiring women to wear it. When Muhammad did not oblige, Umar did not consider praying to Allah for assistance. Umar knew he had to make it personal for Muhammad himself in order to bring the revelation down. He followed Muhammad's wives out when they went to go to the toilet and made his presence known. When Muhammad heard of this, the revelation that Umar had so wanted was sent down from Allah. Umar knew where these revelations were really coming from, which is why he went to Muhammad and harassed his wives instead of asking Allah.

Although the revelational circumstances for the hijab may seem comical, the consequences that we can see to this day, are not. The requirement for the hijab has had the effect of placing full responsibility for Muslim-male self control onto the females - freeing the men of responsibility for their actions if they see an unveiled woman. Lack of self control is not an inherent attribute to men, because men in non-Islamic societies generally do not have such self control issues; when it is rare to see a woman covered so in these societies. The hijab's purpose, as revealed and to this day, is designed to protect Muslim females from the now acceptable behavior of Muslim males; behavior which has been deemed socially acceptable precisely because of the requirement of Muslim females to wear the hijab.

Oga Peterchrist, I have answered your question already in one of my mention.
Go over it and see for yourself.

This guy, you are very ignorant of men's psychological make up towards women.
And by the way, who do you think you are fooling with that hogwash claim that men have self control in non Muslim environment where women are not covered in hijaab.
Do start reeling out the rape statistics of countries who have women who aren't hijaab-compliant?

Should I start uploading links that reveals how sexual harassment and abuses are a result from among the factors of women not being proper dressed.

If you doubt me, please carry out a physical experiment yourself and visit any red light street, I mean, where prostitutes gather and flaunt themselves and come here and tell me that you are not moved by what you see; except your mind have become so used to all these and many more that you are now seeking for a more perversed way to relieve your sexual proclivities.

If hijaab is not good, Why do you think women who less clothed are used for adverts?
OK. Because they make you see the "Holy Ghost? "

I wonder what moral scruple you people have to tell us what the hijaab is and what it isn't.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves for forsaking the ways of Mary (peace be with her) the mother of Jesus.

Those who choose to remain decent and dressed like our respected and revered Mary her vilified and castigated, but those who choose to dress like Jezebels,Deborah and prostitutes are praised and glorified as modern and trendy.
Don't you see how astray you people have gone?
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by PeterChrist: 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
Khaleell001:

We can argue back and forth about who did this, who did that and the reasons behind several acts that were perpetrated in the past,but let's not loose sight of the fact that you Christians only play that Nigeria-is-a-secular-country card when you feel you are losing the argument.
I may argue you in the point of whether education is western or eastern.
What you call western education is a misnomer.
There is nothing westerner about education.
Even the numeral digits (1,2,3,5)you use for counting are called Arabic numerals and they are many things which the Arabs and Muslims contributed to what most of you call western Education.
Well that's not the point of divide between us.

First the Arabic numerals came from the Hindu mathematicians and not from Arab Muslims. It was the Arab merchants who introduced the numeral digits to the western world but they adopted the numerals from Hindus. (This very same Hindus who are being oppressed by Muslims in the Eastern world).
Second, Christians are always on their guard any time you Muslims are trying to islamize the country. We all know what our brothers experienced in states dominated by Islam, the hell they pass through daily yet you southern Muslims never cautioned your fellow Jihadis in the North. What you always do is to play the victim of every normal circumstances. Moreover, there is no evidence to prove that the invigilators in Lagos were Christians or that they prevented the girl because of religion. They did it to curb Exam malpractice. However, since JAMB had granted Muslims the authority to put on hijab during exam (which is no surprise because the Registrar is a fanatic Muslim), let's just sit down and see exam malpractice sky-rocket again (mind you, Christians and others too do put on hijab). As time goes, you Muslims will start pressurizing JAMB to approve the use of niqab in Jamb CBT centres. I'm watching.
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by ernie98(f): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
Dear Muric, stop making a mountain out of a mole.
In my centre, lot of Christians were asked to remove their turbans or bear the risk of being delayed.. How come I never see a tweet about that??
When I did waec(Christian school) we were not allowed to wear beret, belt, sandal or socks(only slippers) and these things are the school uniforms, I'm very sure these we're not part of the rules but we comply to it just to write the exam..
Why do I feel like Muslims like calling attention to themselves all in the name of being violated??
This argument has to stop!!

1 Like

Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by Komu1048(m): 11:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
The wearing of hijab will continue unabated, if not for anything but to torment intolerant religious fanatics like u.

If you can't stand the hijab you can go hug a transformer

Oga nobody is hugging anything. But keep preaching hijab until it is use to wipe from the face of earth
Re: Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:29am On Apr 17, 2019
Komu1048:

Oga nobody is hugging anything. But keep preaching hijab until it is use to wipe from the face of earth
The hijab has lasted over 2millenia

Nobody can wipe it off the face of the earth

We will continue to torment u with the hijab

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

THROWBACK : 8 Things You Can Clearly Relate To If You Attended A Boarding Schoo / LASU Announces Screening Exercise. To Admit Only First Choice Candidates / 2013/2014 Unilag Foundation Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.