Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine (19347 Views)

Abortion Should Be Encouraged By Christians If Heaven Is Truly The Goal / Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine by budaatum: 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
Teespice:

this is very true. i see the book of proverbs as a manual to living a good life in all spheres.
It is The Way, and definitely a truth.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine by budaatum: 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
NotComplaining:

Huhhh, you novice!! Even God Debates with the foolish disbeliever, isnt that why, in the hereafter, He will Proclaim the truth was made clear How was truth made clear to those destined eternally to hell, not in His Books? Gods' Books are His debates, when reading them, one should feel God is speaking to him directly. I know the bible doesnt offer that luxury because
The Bible does actually, "feel God is speaking to one directly". Though I admit, being its an evolved understanding of what Christ understood in a different time, the Quran moreso. Especially since all the prehistory which puts it into context, but without which the Quran would make little sense, is tucked away in the convenient Holy Bible.

I suggest a reading of both. The other, if just to know your neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

This one is confused

Claiming Christian n yet u no sabi bible.

The day u will read the bible from beginning to end will mark ur exit from Christianity n religions in general

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine by NotComplaining: 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
Righteousness89:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

Drop your knowledge/Sense Sir...

The Human Sense cannot comprehend the things of GOD...

You have to Drop your knowledge to Follow JESUS.....

It's Foolishness to Argue with your Owner!

Peace!

I pray For u that Your Eyes and Understanding be opened before it's too late...

Simply Amend your ways, Repent and Accept JESUS CHRIST..

Way too many farcical arguments here.

I really cant differentiate you from a common hindu pegan, both of you senselessly worship idols and both believe your gods are above reason. How then do you know your comprehension is right? What guidelines do you have for faith when you claim human sense cannot comprehend...

We can comprehend gravity, molecules and mechanics but cant comprehend our maker Are you on drugs?

So your god (ego) wants us to blindly worship him, but to his creation be attentive and devote time to learning the facets of atoms and time? Surely, His rememberance should be of a science that keeps us far more occupied. The science or study of God should enthrall even the feeblest of minds.

The pegan knows he cant defend his beliefs and says we shouldnt question the gods, you sound like that to me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
Freeze is a lost soul.....May God have Mercy on him
Re: Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine by budaatum: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
I recently had a discussion with a group of friends about how they don’t exactly believe every story in the bible. And often times, I totally agree. I mean Noah and his fancy Ark don’t exactly coincide with my engineering degree. But they also expressed that doubting God is a sin, and it sort of took me aback that Christians believe their relationship with God can’t be questioned. We have all experienced moments in our life where we doubt God, whether it be His actions or His existence altogether. So I wanted to spend a few days on the book of Habakkuk, which is concerned with the Chaldeans humiliating the Israelites to lead them to repentance. Habakkuk, a representative of all of us, enters a frank debate with God about why He is allowing Israel to suffer tribulation under the hand of a wicked and pagan people. Why are good people suffering? What I really want to get out of this book is that a relationship with God isn’t one-sided: It is not about us listening to commandments, but about a two-way dialogue. It is okay to doubt and question God, as exemplified by Habakkuk, a true wrestler of the faith, and using this place of doubt to work towards a place of absolute trust in God. We start in chapter 1 where Habakkuk opens the book by questioning God.

God? Are you there?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine by InvertedHammer: 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

David, Abraham, Moses and all the prophets before Jesus all believed in Jesus our God. See scriptures below.

Genesis 15:6
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Romans 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

John 5:46
For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me

If Moses, David and Abraham didn't believe in Jesus, then how come they wrote about him? They even looked forward to his coming. This is why they are in heaven today, because believe in Jesus is what gets one saved and a candidate of heaven. The Bible said it...

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

.All the prophets before the time of Jesus looked froward to the cross of Jesus and were saved. We today look back on the cross of Jesus and are saved. Those in the past who didn't look forward to Jesus cross aren't saved and are in hell. Those today not looking back on the cross aren't saved and are going to hell just like you.
/
Get the original version of the Bible and not the watered down version to fit Christian narratives.

King James gave the translators instructions intended to ensure that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology of, and reflect the episcopal structure of, the Church of England and its belief in an ordained clergy.[8] The translation was done by 47 scholars, all of whom were members of the Church of England.[9] In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament from Hebrew and Aramaic, and the Apocrypha from Greek and Latin. In the Book of Common Prayer (1662), the text of the Authorized Version replaced the text of the Great Bible for Epistle and Gospel readings (but not for the Psalter, which substantially retained Coverdale's Great Bible version), and as such was authorised by Act of Parliament.[10]

It is akin to holding the Nigerian Constitution under Gen. Abacha as the final authority because the supreme leader sanctioned it.

The separation of church and politics that Nigerians like to quote is not a universal law. It was only promulgated by the United States after fighting for independence from England. The forefathers noted in dismay how the kings and queens had used religion to subjugate the masses and wanted deviation from the shenanigans.

Religion had always been a tool for oppression. I dare say that most of you zealots are mere zombies vomiting the doctrine that were fed to you.

If worshipping a tree gives you a peace of mind, by all means go for it. But don't tell others that your choice of religion is the truth and the only truth. How many versions of Christianity exist? Why? People continued to evolve and follow the pathway that fit their narratives. God is never confused.
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / How To Effortlessly Break Out Of Addictions / Bankole Solomon Apologises To Adeboye Over Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.