Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians (1462 Views)

Bible Bombshell: Jesus Christ Invented By Romans As ‘psychological Warfare’ / Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by ALAGOGO007(m): 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
In Nigeria, the only people we call Daddy and Mommy are our biological adopted parents, husband & wife until the greedy capitalist Pastors hijack the name and incorporated it in their ministries just the way they hijack "Bishop" from Catholic.

How can a reasonable person call a Pastor ... Daddy and Pastor's wife... Mommy?. Arrant Nonsense and Celebration of stupidity under the cover of religion. Is it biblical?. Are we replacing our heavenly father with earthly Pastors?

In my time, Once you mention "BISHOP", everybody will stand still to listen because Bishop is a special position and NOT common but today in Fraud Nigeria... Every house literally got one Christian Bishop. Nigerians have a Ph.D. in bastardizing anything that got to do with religion and the saddest/painful aspect of it is... the rest of the world do NOT believe in us / our fraud Christianity. Like I said... being a Pastor as Nigerians is now a Career as long as you can scream/quote the bible.

Imagine my own son calling another man... Daddy because of religion?... What else is called Stupidity?. I say things like this because in the bible... it's written (LET THE STRONG PROTECT THE WEAK). Nigeria fraud Pastors are taking advantage of the weak to perpetrate evils under the cover of religion. What happens to our Lord's Prayer?... Which starts with... Our Father?

From Pastor, Man of God, Reverend, Evangelist, Prophet, Apostle, G.O, Bishop and now Daddy / Mommy. If you are smart, you will understand that Adeboye has directly / indirectly elevated Daddy to be above Bishop.

(Adeboye: “A bishop asked me some time ago, ‘Daddy has God told you who will win the next election?’ And it is a strange thing that only in Pentecostal circles you hear a bishop calling a pastor ‘daddy.’ I said, ‘Sir, I am not even sure yet if there will be elections because unless these killings stop, there may be no election next year.’ He said, ‘Are you prophesying daddy?’ I replied, ‘No, No, No, I am not prophesying).

This Daddy / Mommy only exists among Fraud Nigeria Christians which can only spread to third world countries.

Trust me... Those who call their Pastors Daddy / Pastor's wife.. Mommy is already trapped for life. Mentally / spiritually, they have technically bought you just like in the days of the slave trade. The day you stop calling your Pastor .. Daddy / Pastor wife... Mommy is the beginning of your unfaithfulness to them. Your loyalty will now question!!!

A full grown-up with husbands, wives, children, family, parents will be calling a Pastor... Daddy and the Wife... Mommy and these Pastors will happily acknowledge it meaning.... they have no more shame/fear anything. This is EVIL!!!. Any way... They know inside them that "Technically: Nobody is going to any heaven from Nigeria"... May as well enjoy the honor / pride / ego of other people calling them Daddy / Mommy while it lasts.

Only God knows the next Nigeria Fraud Pastors titles that will Top Daddy / Mommy... Ask yourself why the rest of the developed world NEVER buy these ideas/stupidity of calling Pastors ... Daddy / Mommy?. It's Fraud and Nothing spiritual about it!!!. So many Pastors in Nigeria who claimed they hear directly from God but the Country is going down on a daily basis?. Christianity is a Fraud in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
ALAGOGO007:
In Nigeria, the only people we call Daddy and Mommy are our biological adopted parents, husband & wife until the greedy capitalist Pastors hijack the name and incorporated it in their ministries just the way they hijack "Bishop" from Catholic.

How can a reasonable person call a Pastor ... Daddy and Pastor's wife... Mommy?. Arrant Nonsense and Celebration of stupidity under the cover of religion. Is it biblical?. Are we replacing our heavenly father with earthly Pastors?

In my time, Once you mention "BISHOP", everybody will stand still to listen because Bishop is a special position and NOT common but today in Fraud Nigeria... Every house literally got one Christian Bishop. Nigerians have a Ph.D. in bastardizing anything that got to do with religion and the saddest/painful aspect of it is... the rest of the world do NOT believe in us / our fraud Christianity. Like I said... being a Pastor as Nigerians is now a Career as long as you can scream/quote the bible.

Imagine my own son calling another man... Daddy because of religion?... What else is called Stupidity?. I say things like this because in the bible... it's written (LET THE STRONG PROTECT THE WEAK). Nigeria fraud Pastors are taking advantage of the weak to perpetrate evils under the cover of religion. What happens to our Lord's Prayer?... Which starts with... Our Father?

From Pastor, Man of God, Reverend, Evangelist, Prophet, Apostle, G.O, Bishop and now Daddy / Mommy. If you are smart, you will understand that Adeboye has directly / indirectly elevated Daddy to be above Bishop.

(Adeboye: “A bishop asked me some time ago, ‘Daddy has God told you who will win the next election?’ And it is a strange thing that only in Pentecostal circles you hear a bishop calling a pastor ‘daddy.’ I said, ‘Sir, I am not even sure yet if there will be elections because unless these killings stop, there may be no election next year.’ He said, ‘Are you prophesying daddy?’ I replied, ‘No, No, No, I am not prophesying).

This Daddy / Mommy only exists among Fraud Nigeria Christians which can only spread to third world countries.

Trust me... Those who call their Pastors Daddy / Pastor's wife.. Mommy is already trapped for life. Mentally / spiritually, they have technically bought you just like in the days of the slave trade. The day you stop calling your Pastor .. Daddy / Pastor wife... Mommy is the beginning of your unfaithfulness to them. Your loyalty will now question!!!

A full grown-up with husbands, wives, children, family, parents will be calling a Pastor... Daddy and the Wife... Mommy and these Pastors will happily acknowledge it meaning.... they have no more shame/fear anything. This is EVIL!!!. Any way... They know inside them that "Technically: Nobody is going to any heaven from Nigeria"... May as well enjoy the honor / pride / ego of other people calling them Daddy / Mommy while it lasts.

Only God knows the next Nigeria Fraud Pastors titles that will Top Daddy / Mommy... Ask yourself why the rest of the developed world NEVER buy these ideas/stupidity of calling Pastors ... Daddy / Mommy?. It's Fraud and Nothing spiritual about it!!!. So many Pastors in Nigeria who claimed they hear directly from God but the Country is going down on a daily basis?. Christianity is a Fraud in Nigeria.

Ofcourse there’s nothing spiritual about it, no one made it spiritual.....you are u working urself up over nothing and creating issues where there is none.....are u from southwest, did u grow up in the south west.....it’s a Yoruba thing to call someone older than u and old enuf to be ur parents Daddy or mummy......

.it’s not a pastor thing...it’s just so happens that most pastors are old and in position to be called daddy and mummy just like people call elderly men and women around the.

If it’s people they are very used to like being ours,....they call them by their children’s name like daddy Dammy or daddy Dayo, daddy David....

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ok so I call my pastor Daddy. I really don't know why people call their spiritual head Daddy and Mummy but for me, I choose to call my pastor Daddy not because he's a pastor or something related to church but because of his genuine fatherly love and role towards me. It has nothing to do with religion or spirituality.
If you know me too well before, I don't lick asses. I no sabi eye service. If I love I love, if I hate I hate and I show it. I'm that blunt!
Funny enough my pastor hates to be referred to as Daddy. I've heard him so many time say "who is your daddy?" when being called Daddy. The truth is at first he never liked me calling him Daddy. Infact I remember so well one time like that, he told me in the presence of few people around, I'm not your Daddy, even though he jokingly said it, but I got so pained right there but also understood that in reality I wasn't his daughter.
Ok this is my plight, Right from my childhood till adulthood, I never for once enjoyed what we call parental love or bond. So I grew up not knowing or having an idea of what parental love and bond is. Sorry to say this, I grew up in a very toxic home full of bitterness and hatred. It really affected me upstairs.
When I became a Christian, the first fatherly love I got was from my pastor. He didn't just see me as a church member but as a daughter even though he never wanted to be called Daddy. He did to me everything responsible fathers would do to their daughters. Remember, Before then I have been yearning for a Father's love and I got it in my pastor. I've not said this before but I have had my own secret tears asking and wondering when my parents would love me and give me that care and attention I crave for. It has made me very vulnerable in the past which led to past mistakes. Soon I met his whole family and we bonded well and our love for each other deepened. So I asked myself, is it OK I call him Dad? I gave it a try and even when it didn't sit well with him because according to him, he didn't like the act of people calling pastors Daddy but I never stopped because I had already seen a Daddy in him.
Today, I call him Daddy Yo with a two fingers in the air lols.
It's so funny how everybody now calls him my Daddy even in my school and neighborhood.
I'm the only church member in the whole church and even outside the church who calls him Daddy.
Every other person calls him Pastor***.
So mine isn't Fraud.
Thank you
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by Ladylite: 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oga who pissed u off. Is your wife calling pastor daddy instead of you? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by StrikeBack(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Let me finish my suya I'm coming...
Just drop your comment shoki shoki

No allow pepper sapa e Lori ooo
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by EbukaHades10(m): 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
The day I called a pastor by his full name without putting "Daddy", it was as if people for church won chop me raw but I no send.

Na only one papa I get now and na baba God as my earthly one don go

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Ofcourse there’s nothing spiritual about it, no one made it spiritual.....you are u working urself up over nothing and creating issues where there is none.....are u from southwest, did u grow up in the south west.....it’s a Yoruba thing to call someone older than u and old enuf to be ur parents Daddy or mummy......

.it’s not a pastor thing...it’s just so happens that most pastors are old and in position to be called daddy and mummy just like people call elderly men and women around the.

If it’s people they are very used to like being ours,....they call them by their children’s name like daddy Dammy or daddy Dayo, daddy David....
Yoruba thing? You have absolutely no idea what the OP is talking about. Some people even older than the pastors even call them "daddy" or "mummy" .
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
StrikeBack:

Just drop your comment shoki shoki

No allow pepper sapa e Lori ooo

Hahahahaha. Mo ti se tan sir
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by Eviana(f): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Alhough you used some colorful language to describe your feelings, I agree about the "Daddy" "Mommy" referral to pastors and pastors' wives.
Actually, when I first read "MOG" or "Daddy GO" here on N.L, I didn't know what it meant?

The Bible clearly says in

Matthew 23:9-10 (KJV)

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

I understand wanting to give elderly pastors and elderly wives respect, but I don't agree with the titles of "Daddy/Mommy".
I refer to pastors and their wives with respect like the following:
"Hi Pastor _______ and Sister ________.
That way they are still respected, but there is a boundary. We also understand are connection as brethren in Christ.
I only refer to the man whose seed I come from as "daddy".. and referred to the woman whose dna I shared some of, as "mommy"....and no one else.
I would have a real issue with any clergy who required me to do so.
It's dangerous to refer to clergy with certain names (let alone titles) because it can cause them to stumble...by way of pride and conceit and cause the congregants to place them in a fault-less/perfectionist manner.
I know it's probably not gonna change there in Nigeria (for those that do it), but I would hope that some folks would see the need to not do that anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 10, 2020
GeniusWannabe:

Yoruba thing? You have absolutely no idea what the OP is talking about. Some people even older than the pastors even call them "daddy" or "mummy" .

Oga go and check well, no one calls a young parish pastor daddy or their wife mummy..... the worst is a “sir”... as a sign of respect for the office....:
However if anybody does call a young pastor daddy and his wife mummy, it’s just a conventional habit picked up from others....I don’t think any pastor asked to be called daddy or mummy....it’s even embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 10, 2020
ALAGOGO007:

Only God knows the next Nigeria Fraud Pastors titles that will Top Daddy / Mommy... Ask yourself why the rest of the developed world NEVER buy these ideas/stupidity of calling Pastors ... Daddy / Mommy?. It's Fraud and Nothing spiritual about itGood News From God!!!. So many Pastors in Nigeria who claimed they hear directly from God but the Country is going down on a daily basis?. CHRISTIANITY IS A FRAUD IN NIGERIA.

NO Sir!

They are FALSE religions claiming Christians
If you want to know what Jesus teach, just welcome Jehovah's Witnesses and study the Bible with them!
Most people thought our coming to visit them is all about turning them into members of our group. But on the contrary it's just to present to you the things Jesus taught when he was on earth, the practical applications of such ideas and the benefits thereof. Matthew 10:11-15
Of course no honest hearted and sincere listener will here our explanation without giving faith a second thought! Act 26:28

As for religionists calling their leaders Daddy GO, Jesus condemned such a thing in his own group {Matthew 23:8-12} but what is really wrong in calling someone Daddy if you feel like doing so?

Well Jesus condemned it because calling someone daddy or mummy simply connotes an EXEMPLAR, meaning someone you'll like to imitate his or her thoughts, words and actions. If such a person is your biological father, it means you're proud of him and you'll like to be known as his son everywhere you go as you exhibit his attributes.

So who should Christians make their EXEMPLAR in the real sense?
Jesus made God his own exemplar {John 8:28} so after observing God's attributes in his thoughts, words and actions, one of his close confidants could rightly say "Jesus was God's son" {Matthew 16:16} and after observing the way he surrendered himself without a fight and the things that occurred the day he was executed, the soldier who inspected his execution also exclaimed "for a certainty, this was God's son" Matthew 27:54

So Christians are to take God as their Daddy, the person they should be willing to imitate {Ephesians 5:1} but since nobody can see God, how are we going to imitate the person we can't see? John 1:18 compared to 1Corinthians 2:16

That's why God sent his only begotten son to TEACH us his attributes so that through his son we can imitate him! John 3:16-18 compared to Matthew 23:8-12

All these Daddy GOs are serving as exemplars to millions of their followers in our society, and since the Daddy/Mummy GOs are lovers of money we can't expect anything profitable from those imitating them that's why GREED is badly affecting our society! Matthew 7:15-20

God bless you Sir!

1 Like

Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by CodeTemplar: 5:39am On Jan 10, 2020
but calling a cult leader chairman isn't fraud abi?
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by paxonel(m): 6:00am On Jan 10, 2020
why calling someone who is not feeding you or knows how you are earning your income for survival daddy or mummy?
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by StrikeBack(m): 7:52am On Jan 10, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Ok so I call my pastor Daddy. I really don't know why people call their spiritual head Daddy and Mummy but for me, I choose to call my pastor Daddy not because he's a pastor or something related to church but because of his genuine fatherly love and role towards me. It has nothing to do with religion or spirituality.
If you know me too well before, I don't lick asses. I no sabi eye service. If I love I love, if I hate I hate and I show it. I'm that blunt!
Funny enough my pastor hates to be referred to as Daddy. I've heard him so many time say "who is your daddy?" when being called Daddy. The truth is at first he never liked me calling him Daddy. Infact I remember so well one time like that, he told me in the presence of few people around, I'm not your Daddy, even though he jokingly said it, but I got so pained right there but also understood that in reality I wasn't his daughter.
Ok this is my plight, Right from my childhood till adulthood, I never for once enjoyed what we call parental love or bond. So I grew up not knowing or having an idea of what parental love and bond is. Sorry to say this, I grew up in a very toxic home full of bitterness and hatred. It really affected me upstairs.
When I became a Christian, the first fatherly love I got was from my pastor. He didn't just see me as a church member but as a daughter even though he never wanted to be called Daddy. He did to me everything responsible fathers would do to their daughters. Remember, Before then I have been yearning for a Father's love and I got it in my pastor. I've not said this before but I have had my own secret tears asking and wondering when my parents would love me and give me that care and attention I crave for. It has made me very vulnerable in the past which led to past mistakes. Soon I met his whole family and we bonded well and our love for each other deepened. So I asked myself, is it OK I call him Dad? I gave it a try and even when it didn't sit well with him because according to him, he didn't like the act of people calling pastors Daddy but I never stopped because I had already seen a Daddy in him.
Today, I call him Daddy Yo with a two fingers in the air lols.
It's so funny how everybody now calls him my Daddy even in my school and neighborhood.
I'm the only church member in the whole church and even outside the church who calls him Daddy.
Every other person calls him Pastor***.
So mine isn't Fraud.
Thank you
Too long and unnecessary
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by Niflheim(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
The next title that pastors will ask their female members to call them is "MY SWEET CUCUMBER"!!!
Re: Calling A Pastor DADDY / Pastor's Wife MOMMY Is A Fraud Invented By Christians by nlPoster: 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
For many Nigerians, the pastor is the closest example they have of the ideal Nigerian dad, that's why the pastor is called daddy. It's just something that makes them (we Nigerians) feel fulfilled, everyone has their own thing. For me, its books or food perhaps.

Besides, it's a term of respect. It's like saying egbon, aburo to someone who isnt your relative. Its simply Nigerian culture I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Again Daddyfreeze Get Threats From Apostle Joshua Selman / What is Christmas? / Phil, 2:6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.