Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (41592 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by dman4mdmoon(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
I have had this kind of experience back in the days in Ekiti. Just because the governor, Bamidele Olumilua came to our church (CAC), I was asked to stand up (i was considered an adolescent) for dignitaries. I stood up and left and never returned to the church.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2019
In as much as I do not subscribe to the disobedience of authority, however, I feel that in this instance, the church [wardens] erred in its approach to the situation. It is no secret that Nigerians especially those with little authority have this "my way or the highway" mentality. They talk to you [young or old] in a very disrespectful and lack of care manner forgetting that we all deserve respect irrespective of age. There's no compromise in their book. When the young man came into the church and sat at the back, which to me should not have been an issue, the proper protocol would have been to approach him and either nicely ask him to move up front or at least inquire why he chose to sit in the back. In most cases, you can diffuse a confrontational situation simply by the approach and use of kind words. As they say, "Tart words make no friends; a spoonful of honey will catch more flies than a gallon of vinegar." Being mean will earn you nothing but being a little nice will get you more friends than a lot of mean. So, folks let's start treating each other with the respect that we as humans deserve irrespective of age.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by CableWire: 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hmm... The church today is typically the picture already painted in the Bible... That they are wolves in sheep clothing.

Phew... I feel the pain of this man though I don't know him but can we imagine this same going straight to a pub to have some drinks in order to snooze the public embrassment and in the process of his thought, break some glasses....and here comes the waitress/es who now pat and pet him encouraging him that it happens and how they understand....
Tell me what will not make this young man to find solace at their mercy.

God help us...judgement day is fast coming.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by perpeling22(f): 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
elkharpone:
home training in church?
Are you okay?
The church warden is a foool for reporting sef
Everytime they be feeling like one almighty nonsense..
If the warden was polite enough
I'm sure the guy would have sat at the place shown to him by the warden
Some of them are just too proud for my liking
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by profmallor: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
Good Bless you. If the bouncers at the club told him to sit in a place, i m sure he wont argue, Church is his class mate

Paulpaulpaul:
Nonsense, if a SARS officer had asked him to change his seat won't he do just that? So, the priest has become his mate. Children that lack home training would be taught in a hardway outside
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by BrainSanitizer: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
It doesn't add or remove anything from God and the church. The church wardens have a job to do and they are doing it. If there's a seating specification in the church, he got to stick to it or leave. I'm sure you didn't find out why they insisted he sat at a particular place. If you did, you'll have known better.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by tejpot(m): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
That's why we will not move forward as a people if you everyone wants to do things in their own way. This is simple instruction that doesn't warrant any argument, be humble enough when you are in the church. It's simply gross indiscipline on the part of the brother.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Mizwisdom(f): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
Elldeb:

grin Too much wisdom will not kill you

grin thankz
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Depressedkidd: 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:
Nonsense, if a SARS officer had asked him to change his seat won't he do just that? So, the priest has become his mate. Children that lack home training would be taught in a hardway outside
Alaye church is not school. You can't worship god when you're not comfortable. Is it by force to sit in front?
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by perpeling22(f): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
mastermaestro:

All this doting epistle you wrote here is what the devil wants for the church. The church is a place of rebuke and discipline plus love. If anyone leaves church because of a simple correction, then it is his choice if he ends with satan his master in hell.

The church cannot bow to the looseness that this new generation clamour for. They either bend and be a part, or break off and be doomed. Say no to bullying the church!!!!!!

Mind you, the man did not leave the church on his own rather The priest told him to him.
Well except the story is incomplete
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
psalmylee:
all this rubbish wey u write make sense at all??

Should I answer this one?

No
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
suwalee:
just stopeet so if a man like dangote walks into the church sits behind imagine what they'd do they would practically worship him..... Well on the last day the priest would be held accountable if that one soul goes to hell trust me

Really, Dangote would be guided to a seat and he would not protest. We should learn to do the right thing without being forced
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by urheme: 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
peterveo:
How A Young Man Was Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass

I was in church this morning for Palm Sunday mass(somewhere in Delta state). A young man walked into the church, he wanted to sit behind(where he finds comfortable). The wardens insisted he moved to the front, at his refusal they reported him to the priest who publicly disgraced this young man and asked him to leave the church before he starts the mass. Sadly the young man left.

Now you can imagine what this act must have done to this young man's perception of the church and God. What if he decides never to go to church again
I'm feeling really bad about this.

Lies from the pit of hell.
And this made front page undecided undecided
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by shadeyinka(m): 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
Wantedmiller:

Which one is rules again...... To sit in the front seat.

let us assume Dangote is a member of a Catholic Church and he decides to sit at the back. will you question his motives..... we will all say... he is a humble man.
You know what!?
The OWNERS/Leadership of the organisation said "move forward or get out!". Since he couldn't move forward he should move out and start his own church!

Very Simple!
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by neonly: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
dallenk:
No problem, you guys should not step leg in church again because u were being corrected. Such can happened I don't see big deal in it. u are not doing God, he does not need our prayers neither does he needs populations in heaven to vote him into power. He reings forever. Lol...

What is been corrected you seems u don't get sha the church is beeping ridiculed ND you here defending what is wrong
Different btw a church ND mosques is Dat church is a way of of live no pretending Bt mosques you are force to do der bidding I pray we Christians don't destroy the church ourselves
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by mechanics(m): 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
The priest should have called him after the service, not to send him away like that.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by kclem(m): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
peterveo:
How A Young Man Was Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass

I was in church this morning for Palm Sunday mass(somewhere in Delta state). A young man walked into the church, he wanted to sit behind(where he finds comfortable). The wardens insisted he moved to the front, at his refusal they reported him to the priest who publicly disgraced this young man and asked him to leave the church before he starts the mass. Sadly the young man left.

Now you can imagine what this act must have done to this young man's perception of the church and God. What if he decides never to go to church again
I'm feeling really bad about this.
Sue that fucking Reverend....u ve right to any religion of ur choice so far u r not constitute nuisance
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by paix(m): 9:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
The priest did the right thing by sending him out. The Bible says: Romans 4:15 "Because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression".
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by midnighter(f): 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
iyke926:

I understand.

Priest complaining? That's strange because I know that they live well and besides what do they need much money for... I mean they don't marry.

Persuading people softly to give what they don't have ain't nice. Giving should be from the heart.

No this was a methodist church, maybe his wife had something to say about it. he was ranting that some people still left N5 inside the envelope, knowing how little he was paid tongue

During offering to fix the roof after a heavy rainfall, nobody stood up to pledge so he just started calling random people...i just grabbed my bag and picked my race cheesy

Giving should be from the heart but if the heart's own is not forthcoming, i guess it must come from other places... grin
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by donvicky2007: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
Happa7:
So many things go into why people do what they do. Agreed, all the parties were wrong in some way but let's really think if it: if I have truly gone to meet God in worship, why stay far from him? If I'm invited forward, why refuse? As a representative of Christ among his people, why cast any out except he that is destined to be lost? The thought here is, why do we go do what we do? Before casting accusing fingers, let's look deeply into ourselves and examine our lives. Have you been, the young man, the ushers or the priest lately? Choose wisely your condemnation. Happy Passion/Palm Sunday to us all.

The position of our seat in church doesn't determine how God will locate you.
God is a Spirit and omnipresent, whether front seat or back seat, so far you worship Him in truth and in spirit He will locate you.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by PeacenLove2: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
Ego everywhere grin
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by PeacenLove2: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
And frustration ... everybody throwing tantrums at the slightest provocations.

Tempers are hot. Transferred agression. Every man at some kind of war with the other.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by mastermaestro(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
perpeling22:

Mind you, the man did not leave the church on his own rather The priest told him to him.
Well except the story is incomplete

I am hundred percent sure the priest told him to obey the ushers or leave the church hall. Then he chose the latter option. Rebels have no place in GOD'S Kingdom. We cannot beg the world to love the church. Our first duty is to defend the sanctity of the principles of the faith irrespective of what anyone thinks or wants.

About the story, reporters will always publish stories in a manner that puts the church in bad reputation. It is the only way to sell the story.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Gabson001(m): 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
[quote author=moscobabs post=77540364]See this:

His phone rang in church by accident during prayers.

The Pastor scolded him.

The worshippers admonished him after prayers for interrupting.

His wife kept on lecturing on his carelessness all the way home.

His co-vineyard workers shook their heads in disgust

You could see the shame, embarrassment and humiliation on his face.

He never stepped foot in the church again.

That evening, he went to a bar.

He was still nervous and trembling.

He spilled his drink on the table, bottle falls by accident and it splashed on some people.

Those it touched rushed towards him. He closed his eyes expecting bashing of words or slaps.

Instead they cared to know if he didn’t get a cut from the broken bottle.

The waiter apologized and gave him a napkin to clean himself.

The janitor mopped the floor.

The female manager offered him a complimentary drink.

Ispired.. Nice one
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Xbursta(m): 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
i don't go to church again because some of the so called men are after the money and not preaching the gospel but i no blame them sha na where man dey work na there e dey chop
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Ifyclaire: 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
Did you confirm why the guy was not allowed to sit at the back seat as you stated? It may be that the seat was meant for some groups.
I once had such experience with one guy who came to sit down where nursing mothers sit. All efforts by the ushers to make the guy move to another vacant seat proved fruitless. Even though he was not sent out, but he made him look too foolish. There is no gain in disobedience.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Teetop22(f): 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:
Don't say that. is not by force to seat at the front seat in church.not everyone feels comfortable about that.
and talking of SARS some people still disagree with them and get away with it.
if e sure for them make the drop the gun.con see as they go receive smackdown.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by RUDEBOYY(m): 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:

thank God he was in the house of God and under SARS detention.
the priest should not have sent him away..Jesus came for the sinners you remember.
Also we all are children of God.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by writeprof(m): 11:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
decatalyst:
While I don't feel it is right for the "boy" to disrespect the "appointed" protocols, I am disappointed in the way some churches go about delivering the message of Christ Jesus these days!

Jesus welcomed everyone, the downtrodden, the poor, the rich, the homeless, the wealthy, the strong the weak...to be able to 'feed' them the word so that they may be healed, saved, blessed and go on to preach the Gospel.

The Church these days is going against the teachings and practice of Christ.

This is disheartening!

Jesus showed the need for orderliness in the house of God when he drove away the business men. Christianity is not meant to propagate unruliness but disciplined lifestyle.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by afroxyz: 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
wunmi590:
Your write up is not complete, before we can discuss on issue like this, you should at least tell us the true story, not a one side story.

Though I see no reason why a church warden will ask you to move front and you will bee forming Jacky Chan. What if it your school and you were ask to go front and write your exams, won't you?

I am a Catholic, so sitting in front is my thing, as it makes n to concentrate, may be because I was once an altar server.

Lastly, I don't believe what OP said about telling the perso to go out of he can't sir where he was told to by the church warden.

#StopPedllingLiesAgainstTheCatholicPriest

And tell your friend or who ever he his to change his ways.

anyway I'm assuming the story is true.

you have the right to seat anywhere in church unless it has been designated. in an exam you cant seat anywhere, you are assigned to a seat. let's stop using sentiments. the important thing is that he gets the message not where he seats down.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by afroxyz: 12:01am On Apr 15, 2019
writeprof:

Jesus showed the need for orderliness in the house of God when he drove away the business men. Christianity is not meant to propagate unruliness but disciplined lifestyle.

The same jesus sat with the woman from Samaria.
The same jesus went to the tax collectors house.
The same Jesus went to a wedding, and even obliged ribturn water into wine.

Guven your example, then all these conmen posing as priests and pastors ought to have been chased out long ago. Jesus never chased away those who came for the message. He chased away those who wanted to profit from it. The priest has no right to chase the boy out of the church
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by writeprof(m): 12:12am On Apr 15, 2019
afroxyz:

The same jesus sat with the woman from Samaria.
The same jesus went to the tax collectors house.
The same Jesus went to a wedding, and even obliged ribturn water into wine.

Guven your example, then all these conmen posing as priests and pastors ought to have been chased out long ago. Jesus never chased away those who came for the message. He chased away those who wanted to profit from it. The priest has no right to chase the boy out of the church

That guy exhibited indiscipline by refusing to take instruction. Jesus ministry of servanthood and service is built on obedience to instructions. A man who finds it difficult to follow instructions meant for the good of himself and others because he wants his comfort can't be following Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values / What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.