Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (41606 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Emanodimo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
decatalyst:
While I don't feel it is right for the "boy" to disrespect the "appointed" protocols, I am disappointed in the way some churches go about delivering the message of Christ Jesus these days!

Jesus welcomed everyone, the downtrodden, the poor, the rich, the homeless, the wealthy, the strong the weak...to be able to 'feed' them the word so that they may be healed, saved, blessed and go on to preach the Gospel.

The Church these days is going against the teachings and practice of Christ.

This is disheartening!

I disagree with your "Jesus welcomed everyone, the downtrodden, the poor, the rich, the homeless, the wealthy, the strong the weak".

If He does he wouldn't sent those gambler and marketers away from the temple that day ....

That's to say there's time to let them know what it is rather appealing to their ego or stupidity.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by udemzyudex(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
mastermaestro:

You are a bad learner and I can't help you. But never put GOD'S Word and marketing together! Be warned!

What's there to learn from?

Who are you warning? Is this one alright at all?

Pls stop disturbing my mention.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
meobizy:
You should have protested by walking out of the mass.
Jesus never rejected anyone, why do churches feel big enough to do so?
Na when scout and MOD descend on you then you go know the difference between Pentecostal and Catholics. That's how sit where you like now messed up my church in onitsha as cult boys now enters the church unchecked even as far as showcasing their stupidity all in the name of rudgedity.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by meobizy(f): 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
dirtydiva:
Na when scout and MOD descend on you then you go know the difference between Pentecostal and Catholics. That's how sit where you like now messed up my church in onitsha as cult boys now enters the church unchecked even as far as showcasing their stupidity all in the name of rudgedity.
Cult boys come to my church also but thank God they don't do anything stupid.
Why?
I don't get why someone whose job is causing fear and terror goes to church.
Wetin dem dey find there?
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by shadeyinka(m): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
peterveo:
How A Young Man Was Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass

I was in church this morning for Palm Sunday mass(somewhere in Delta state). A young man walked into the church, he wanted to sit behind(where he finds comfortable). The wardens insisted he moved to the front, at his refusal they reported him to the priest who publicly disgraced this young man and asked him to leave the church before he starts the mass. Sadly the young man left.

Now you can imagine what this act must have done to this young man's perception of the church and God. What if he decides never to go to church again
I'm feeling really bad about this.
I am not a Catholic but every organisation I know has rules of membership. If the young man wants to attend the Catholic church, he must obey the Catholic rules!

No other way
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Vince77(m): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
I don't believe this story
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Emycord: 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:
Nonsense, if a SARS officer had asked him to change his seat won't he do just that? So, the priest has become his mate. Children that lack home training would be taught in a hardway outside
don't believe those kind of stories they are just made up to discourage people from going to church have you not observe that this kind of topics that will make you hate going to church are always on front page every sunday? i'm a catholic and such thing will never happen in church at most the youth or mod will simply call you out . but this story that says the reported to the priest and he had to stop mass for one guy is a big lie
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
midnighter:

Lol no i didnt just storm out...this happened over an extended period until i got tired of their _stupid attitude and stopped coming

The whole vibe of that church wasnt nice

The priest kept complaining that people's offering wasnt enough, that we know that his salary is low. Making people stand up to come and pledge

All the kids and young people were at the back making noise and barely listening...once a guy sitting behind me started asking me for my number

It just wasnt my type of place

I understand.

Priest complaining? That's strange because I know that they live well and besides what do they need much money for... I mean they don't marry.

Persuading people softly to give what they don't have ain't nice. Giving should be from the heart.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by RTSC: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
Teespice:
something similar happened to my sis and I some years ago. sat somewhere waiting for mass to begin only for one church warden to tell us to leave the seat that the priest said nobody should stay there.

my sister tonguelashed the warden and that one too tried to guilt trip her. after the exchange of words, we left the church when mass had barely begun.

You and your sister have the spirit of rebellion,which the Bible say is as the sin of witchcraft.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Wantedmiller: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
wunmi590:
Your write up is not complete, before we can discuss on issue like this, you should at least tell us the true story, not a one side story.

Though I see no reason why a church warden will ask you to move front and you will bee forming Jacky Chan. What if it your school and you were ask to go front and write your exams, won't you?

I am a Catholic, so sitting in front is my thing, as it makes n to concentrate, may be because I was once an altar server.

Lastly, I don't believe what OP said about telling the perso to go out of he can't sir where he was told to by the church warden.

#StopPedllingLiesAgainstTheCatholicPriest

And tell your friend or who ever he his to change his ways.

You sounded like a gullible Christian......... are you the only Catholic here?

Tell us the full gist if you are not satisfied with the story.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by SoNature(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
Castroii:

Bros have you thought of the fact that some people are uncomfortable sitting at the front and as well might not give needed attention to the word if God.
All my schooling days right from primary sch, I stayed at the back seat and always come out best of my class, maybe if my teachers had insisted I stay at the front seat, the story might not have been same. Even in church I prefer back seat and that does not make me less of a Christain.
The priest did wrong by sending him out unless there is something else missing in the story.

Uncle, a church is not a school.
In church, you just spend a few hours and go home.
You may never come again until another Sunday.
But you go to school 5 days in 7.
Christ spent time teaching us Christians the importance of obedience in many different parables
Yes, obedience is important in our Christian lives
QED
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
meobizy:

Cult boys come to my church also but thank God they don't do anything stupid.
Why?
I don't get why someone whose job is causing fear and terror goes to church.
Wetin dem dey find there?
To create awareness for people especially babes to see them and like them, I nearly beat up one last two weeks in my church for discussing their planned matter against one group, so loudly dat I couldn't hear the priest again if not for early intervention of stewards, that fool for see real matter. Weak boys hidden under cultism.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by asksteve(m): 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
wunmi590:
Your write up is not complete, before we can discuss on issue like this, you should at least tell us the true story, not a one side story.

Though I see no reason why a church warden will ask you to move front and you will bee forming Jacky Chan. What if it your school and you were ask to go front and write your exams, won't you?

I am a Catholic, so sitting in front is my thing, as it makes n to concentrate, may be because I was once an altar server.

Lastly, I don't believe what OP said about telling the perso to go out of he can't sir where he was told to by the church warden.

#StopPedllingLiesAgainstTheCatholicPriest

And tell your friend or who ever he his to change his ways.

Tnx dear, u just spoke my mind.
This story doesn't add up.
I've witnessed such n it has happened to me and nobody asked me to leave.
Op, why not tell us the name of the church and where in Delta it happened.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Drienzia: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
peterveo:
How A Young Man Was Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass

I was in church this morning for Palm Sunday mass(somewhere in Delta state). A young man walked into the church, he wanted to sit behind(where he finds comfortable). The wardens insisted he moved to the front, at his refusal they reported him to the priest who publicly disgraced this young man and asked him to leave the church before he starts the mass. Sadly the young man left.

Now you can imagine what this act must have done to this young man's perception of the church and God. What if he decides never to go to church again
I'm feeling really bad about this.
ST GREGORY THE GREAT CATHOLIC CHURCH AGBARHO . My brother, the action of the priest is Justifiable
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Wantedmiller: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
shadeyinka:

I am not a Catholic but every organisation I know has rules of membership. If the young man wants to attend the Catholic church, he must obey the Catholic rules!

No other way

Which one is rules again...... To sit in the front seat.

let us assume Dangote is a member of a Catholic Church and he decides to sit at the back. will you question his motives..... we will all say... he is a humble man.

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Elliot2(m): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
decatalyst:
While I don't feel it is right for the "boy" to disrespect the "appointed" protocols, I am disappointed in the way some churches go about delivering the message of Christ Jesus these days!

Jesus welcomed everyone, the downtrodden, the poor, the rich, the homeless, the wealthy, the strong the weak...to be able to 'feed' them the word so that they may be healed, saved, blessed and go on to preach the Gospel.

The Church these days is going against the teachings and practice of Christ.

This is disheartening!

Ehen! So na who come drive the traders from the synagogue in anger? Chibuke?
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by psalmylee(m): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:
Nonsense, if a SARS officer had asked him to change his seat won't he do just that? So, the priest has become his mate. Children that lack home training would be taught in a hardway outside
all this rubbish wey u write make sense at all??
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Tmonex: 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
Emycord:
don't believe those kind of stories they are just made up to discourage people from going to church have you not observe that this kind of topics that will make you hate going to church are always on front page every sunday? i'm a catholic and such thing will never happen in church at most the youth or mod will simply call you out . but this story that says the reported to the priest and he had to stop mass for one guy is a big lie
I was trying to play the scene in my head. A church warder will never step on the altar just to report such. They'll know how to manage it from their end.

But then we were not present to know the context of the situation. if it truely happened.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Elliot2(m): 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
Happa7:
So many things go into why people do what they do. Agreed, all the parties were wrong in some way but let's really think if it: if I have truly gone to meet God in worship, why stay far from him? If I'm invited forward, why refuse? As a representative of Christ among his people, why cast any out except he that is destined to be lost? The thought here is, why do we go do what we do? Before casting accusing fingers, let's look deeply into ourselves and examine our lives. Have you been, the young man, the ushers or the priest lately? Choose wisely your condemnation. Happy Passion/Palm Sunday to us all.
The young man is wrong. If everybody should be allowed to sit wherever they want then there won't be any orderliness as most people detest sitting at the front.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Tmonex: 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
Drienzia:
ST GREGORY THE GREAT CATHOLIC CHURCH AGBARHO . My brother, the action of the priest is Justifiable
Seems you were present can you share more to the story? Curious Catholic.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by lonelydora: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
dalass:

Judge not!

I'm not judging, sis
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by tooth4tooth: 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:
SARS is for the devil,we are talking about the house of God here.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by suwalee(f): 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2019
Paulpaulpaul:
just stopeet so if a man like dangote walks into the church sits behind imagine what they'd do they would practically worship him..... Well on the last day the priest would be held accountable if that one soul goes to hell trust me

2 Likes

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
moscobabs:
See this:

His phone rang in church by accident during prayers.

The Pastor scolded him.

The worshippers admonished him after prayers for interrupting.

His wife kept on lecturing on his carelessness all the way home.

His co-vineyard workers shook their heads in disgust

You could see the shame, embarrassment and humiliation on his face.

He never stepped foot in the church again.

That evening, he went to a bar.

He was still nervous and trembling.

He spilled his drink on the table, bottle falls by accident and it splashed on some people.

Those it touched rushed towards him. He closed his eyes expecting bashing of words or slaps.

Instead they cared to know if he didn’t get a cut from the broken bottle.

The waiter apologized and gave him a napkin to clean himself.

The janitor mopped the floor.

The female manager offered him a complimentary drink.

She also gave him a huge hug and a peck while saying, "Don't worry man. Who doesn't make mistakes?"

He has not stopped going to that bar since then.

#Lesson

Sometimes our attitude as believers drives souls to Hell.

You can make a difference by how you treat people especially when they make mistakes.

* IF you cannot be a bridge to connect people, then do not be a wall to separate them.

* IF you cannot be a light to brighten people's good deeds then do not be darkness covering their efforts.

* IF you cannot be water to help people's crops sprout, then do not be a pest destroying their crops.

* IF you cannot be a vaccine to give life, do not be a virus to terminate it.

* IF you cannot be a pencil to write anyone's happiness, then try to be a nice eraser to remove their sadness.

We can always be each others keeper, let us resolve to heal the world and make it a better place. Yes, we can.

The difference is..
There was no reason to take phone to church in the first place, phone doesn't belong/relate to church.(so that was not a mistake) Main while bottles belong to to bar, so that was a mistake...
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Elliot2(m): 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
lonelydora:
The priest has failed woefully in his priestly duties. He forgot the passage that says "there is joy in heaven over one soul won". The church is not for the 'clean' but for the unclean. The church is a place where the unclean comes to get cleaned.

The same way hospital is not for the healthy but for the sick.

I recommend the priest should be given 'oche azu' for at least 3 months.
use ur head na? Who in his right sense dictates to a doctor how to do his job,how much more the church? If you can not obey simply instructions from the priest,then is it God you will obey? Nobody dey beg anybody to be saved,na ur cross. Boy should get lost.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Drienzia: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
Tmonex:

Seems you were present can you share more to the story? Curious Catholic.
The church Warden instructed the boy to go to the front since there are still empty seats just at the beginning of the mass, But he refused. Since this has been a recent occurrence in the church and even an announcement was made about it last Sunday by the CMO President, the Church Warden just went straight up to the Priest to report the issue at hand. The Priest quickly took the Mic and instructed the boy to go outside else he won't continue with celebration of the Mass, So the boy left.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Elliot2(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
moscobabs:
See this:

His phone rang in church by accident during prayers.

The Pastor scolded him.

The worshippers admonished him after prayers for interrupting.

His wife kept on lecturing on his carelessness all the way home.

His co-vineyard workers shook their heads in disgust

You could see the shame, embarrassment and humiliation on his face.

He never stepped foot in the church again.

That evening, he went to a bar.

He was still nervous and trembling.

He spilled his drink on the table, bottle falls by accident and it splashed on some people.

Those it touched rushed towards him. He closed his eyes expecting bashing of words or slaps.

Instead they cared to know if he didn’t get a cut from the broken bottle.

The waiter apologized and gave him a napkin to clean himself.

The janitor mopped the floor.

The female manager offered him a complimentary drink.

She also gave him a huge hug and a peck while saying, "Don't worry man. Who doesn't make mistakes?"

He has not stopped going to that bar since then.

#Lesson

Sometimes our attitude as believers drives souls to Hell.

You can make a difference by how you treat people especially when they make mistakes.

* IF you cannot be a bridge to connect people, then do not be a wall to separate them.

* IF you cannot be a light to brighten people's good deeds then do not be darkness covering their efforts.

* IF you cannot be water to help people's crops sprout, then do not be a pest destroying their crops.

* IF you cannot be a vaccine to give life, do not be a virus to terminate it.

* IF you cannot be a pencil to write anyone's happiness, then try to be a nice eraser to remove their sadness.

We can always be each others keeper, let us resolve to heal the world and make it a better place. Yes, we can.

las las, na DAT bar him love go end.

1 Like

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Elliot2(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
perpeling22:

But not in that way nah. Me personally, I don't like sitting at the front sit. The priest no try at all
A lot of people don't like sitting at the front. so? all the chairs at the front should be empty?
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by decatalyst(m): 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
Emanodimo:

I disagree with your "Jesus welcomed everyone, the downtrodden, the poor, the rich, the homeless, the wealthy, the strong the weak".

If He does he wouldn't sent those gambler and marketers away from the temple that day ....

That's to say there's time to let them know what it is rather appealing to their ego or stupidity.

I see the point in what you wrote.

Well, for the first timer in the Church, he was directed I think he should have follow the directive while the Priest should have invited the boy over and show love that could have won him over.

1 Like

Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Elliot2(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
diehard1:
Christians I believe emulate Christ. What would Christ have done to his follower in similar condition?
Christ would say his sheep obey him. So? is d boy ready to obey him by sitting at the front?
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Goalnaldo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
Maybe the warden was not polite enough or the guy was too stubborn hence the attention of the priest was called. Sometimes some people needs to be used as a fall guy for others to learn..am sure some people in that church will start been rebellious and stubborn if the pastor did not send the young man out.
Re: Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State by Elldeb(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Maybe the young man is a well known pick pocket

grin
Too much wisdom will not kill you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Did Jesus And The Apostles Paid Tithe? / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Reigners Church Building Collapse: I Don’t Want To Be A Bishop Again - Akan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.