Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran (31650 Views)

Olajide Blessing: DSS Arrest Killers Of UNILORIN Student Raped To Death / Man Killed & Buried In Anambra. Police Arrest Killers, Recover Body (Graphic) / Abia Police Arrest Killers Of Husband And Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by cardoctor(m): 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
God Don catch dem
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by CaptainPlanet(m): 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
godofuck231:
a soldier without tactical strategy, he was shooting from inside the trunk, I find this hard to believe

My thought exactly..
when i first saw this on FB, i knew this was a cock and bull story...

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by RexTramadol1: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
Y dem go kill am sef?

Person wey u go beg to Roger you small change
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by CaptainPlanet(m): 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
godofuck231:
a soldier without tactical strategy, he was shooting from inside the trunk, I find this hard to believe

My thought exactly..
when i first saw this on FB, i knew this was a cock and bull story...

i said cocck Admin!!
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by islandmoon: 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
no wonder majority of them stay back in Lagos, that zone is a kidnapper's den, even Evan still followed them here, na wah oo

I challenge you to develop ozubulu, build those mansions in the forest at the mercy of kidnappers
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by otabuko(m): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
antagonist:
hmmm

this is an article from March 2017 where the police said they arrested the same killers

so were those they arrested innocent? what kind of magic is this?
Don't mind the police. These guys on this news are phone sellers at St. Michael Aba.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by EricBraven: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
That's how they killed a US doctor who came to his home town for medical outreach.

The most dangerous place for any Igbo man is the SE. If you're coming home, get at least 4 Mopol or soldiers to guard you.

Your family members and kinsmen telling you to come home would collect things from you and arrange kidnappers and robbers to collect the remaining.

they do that out of jealousy,they never want to be under someone

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Smalliegirl: 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
soberdrunk:
Why the guy dey go dey form Rambo? angry

Believe the story from criminals believe anything.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Unconquerable: 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
kennosklint:
Good one kill them all silly Igbos
Idiot; what has tribe got to do with this? I feel sorry for the people in your life.

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by seborrhic: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
How can a serving army officer be referred to also as a veteran?
Some Nland posters are redrafting the English language.
We better change to pidgin to avoid all these commotion.

2 Likes

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
Imagine sacrificing to serve your country, deploying to battles only to come and be killed by these rats. RIP

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by elmodee7(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
Flat headed idiotic criminal minded pig's. All they know is CRIME .kill them all.

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by anuda(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
Remember that JESUS is coming back very soon! Give your life to Christ now! Do not be taken unawares! Delay is dangerous!
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Enemyofpeace: 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
"He tried to disarm us" "we disarmed him" the bloody Igbo does not even know how to tell lies.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by goldenarrow: 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
We Igbos just love killing our stars. That's how they killed a US doctor who came to his home town for medical outreach.

The most dangerous place for any Igbo man is the SE. If you're coming home, get at least 4 Mopol or soldiers to guard you.

Your family members and kinsmen telling you to come home would collect things from you and arrange kidnappers and robbers to collect the remaining.

True talk

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by oluwaahmed: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
godofuck231:

Me too. Why would he do that with his weapon? He would have just waited for them to pop the trunk after they arrived at the kidnap location then ambush them all at once. Story doesn't add up

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by olisaokere(m): 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
[sub][/sub]
NairaMedia:
Operatives of the Inspector General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, led by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, have apprehended a seven-member notorious kidnapping gang that killed an American Soldier in Okigwe area of Imo State in 2017.

The deceased, a Nigerian who was serving in the US army and identified as Chuks Okebata, was holidaying in Okigwe when he was abducted and killed. Read initial story here.

The suspects, Sunday Igwe, alias School Boy, Michael Ahmefula, Oyebuchi Echefule, Ndubusi Isaac, Victor Dagogo, Chima Okoro and John Edet were arrested last week.

In their confessional statement to the police, the suspects admitted being members of a deadly armed robbery and kidnapping gang terrorizing Imo, Abia and Rivers States. Their leader, School-Boy, said that they never knew that the deceased was an American soldier and that they never planned to kill him.

“He tried to disarm me and in the process was killed. If we had not killed him, he would have killed us. He is strong with tough muscles and the only way to save our lives was to kill him.

We bundled him into the boot of our operational vehicle after he was kidnapped. We didn’t know who he was. While we were heading to our camp where we hope to keep him until ransom is paid. He pulled out his gun and started shooting at us from the boot and the bullet hit me on the leg and the driver on his hand.

Realizing the danger I asked our driver to stop the vehicle. As soon as the vehicle came to a halt we disarmed him. He was killed right there on the spot. We dumped his body inside a gutter and left. I want everyone to understand that I have no intention of killing him but he forced us into doing it,” he stated.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/04/police-finally-arrest-killers-of-us.html

Look at their faces..who would ever believe they are in the business of kidnapping and killing their captives??hell no!!.my people,we should be wary of people we meet everyday in our lives
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Almaiga: 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hmmm, Igbo Amaka.

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by seborrhic: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
Bloody liars.
If he had been able to shoot them from the boot where he was kept,he would have been able to shoot out the boot lock and jumped out.
He could av also shot all of them or the first person to open the boot.
Finally evenif he didn't how could an injured driver and a badly injured co robber av had d strength to still come out and disarm the officer,while they were obviously bleeding.
These killers think they are narrating a tale to their fellow low brained criminals in a beer parlor.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Emanodimo(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
soberdrunk:
Why the guy dey go dey form Rambo? angry

I guess that was what happened before he got served.

What a pathetic situation ....

I don't know who to blame after a deep thought from why did you kidnapped him? ..

Everyone will come out with a defensive script ....

God guide us all .
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Elliot2(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
antagonist:
hmmm

this is an article from March 2017 where the police said they arrested the same killers

propaganda!!! D recent police episodes of misbehaviors need to be countered.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by maasoap(m): 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
sweetilicious:
My neighbor will have peace of mind now.Live so quietly when you make money or come back from overseas.Live quietly.

The man wasn't allowed to set foot on the ground, not to talk of living quietly
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Kingspin(m): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
How Nigerian security agencies arrest cases like this is usual a surprise to me. This is a where citizen has no data base or identify. Maybe na juju police dey use work
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by tooth4tooth: 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
antagonist:
hmmm

I thought I was the only one that noticed it. The reason I don't always believe police report.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by UKBobo(m): 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
kennosklint:
Good one kill them all silly Igbos

Clear you never fed well. Hunger dey wire your cranium.

Oya, chop!

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by fk001(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
Na wa for ipob pigs! shocked shocked

So you are Yoruba??

1 Like

Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by Section7: 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2019
Who is posting these again? More than 2years wey we don see dis news
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by JastSiryin(m): 8:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
godofuck231:
You've probably watched too many action flicks... You don't know the circumstances surrounding his death. Do you think it's easy to take on four heavily armed men who attack sporadically? You can have the toughest military training in the world but, it doesn't give immunity from death.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by erico2k2(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
NairaMedia:
Operatives of the Inspector General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, led by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, have apprehended a seven-member notorious kidnapping gang that killed an American Soldier in Okigwe area of Imo State in 2017.

The deceased, a Nigerian who was serving in the US army and identified as Chuks Okebata, was holidaying in Okigwe when he was abducted and killed. Read initial story here.

The suspects, Sunday Igwe, alias School Boy, Michael Ahmefula, Oyebuchi Echefule, Ndubusi Isaac, Victor Dagogo, Chima Okoro and John Edet were arrested last week.

In their confessional statement to the police, the suspects admitted being members of a deadly armed robbery and kidnapping gang terrorizing Imo, Abia and Rivers States. Their leader, School-Boy, said that they never knew that the deceased was an American soldier and that they never planned to kill him.

“He tried to disarm me and in the process was killed. If we had not killed him, he would have killed us. He is strong with tough muscles and the only way to save our lives was to kill him.

We bundled him into the boot of our operational vehicle after he was kidnapped. We didn’t know who he was. While we were heading to our camp where we hope to keep him until ransom is paid. He pulled out his gun and started shooting at us from the boot and the bullet hit me on the leg and the driver on his hand.

Realizing the danger I asked our driver to stop the vehicle. As soon as the vehicle came to a halt we disarmed him. He was killed right there on the spot. We dumped his body inside a gutter and left. I want everyone to understand that I have no intention of killing him but he forced us into doing it,” he stated.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/04/police-finally-arrest-killers-of-us.html
Story, he won't be armed in Nigeria besides he would have started the shooting B4 he was kidnapped.
Re: Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran by erico2k2(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
JastSiryin:
You've probably watched too many action flicks... You don't know the circumstances surrounding his death. Do you think it's easy to take on four heavily armed men who attack sporadically? You can have the toughest military training in the world but, it doesn't give immunity from death.
Bro US-based soldiers are not scared of death in any shape or form. if 100 people come up they will do what it is they are trained to do within them circumstances!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Arrested In Ikorodu As Security Operatives Raid Criminal Hideouts. Photos / Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Killed Rival In His Daughter's Presence / Lady Calls Out Edo 'Big Boy' Who Scammed Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.