Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts (43725 Views)

Emmanuel Dennis Pulls Out Of Nigeria's AFCON Squad After Pressure From Watford / Sophia Omotola Omidiji Gets Super Falcons Call Up For France Friendly / Competition Time!!! 'CONTEST AND WIN' With Sophia Omidiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Alejoas(m): 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2019
sad

shocked
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Ikpongiton: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
Oh boy ,just face your football with seriousness and forget nigeria.good and proactive nigerians are not good for nigeria
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by malvisguy212: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
Daninya111:

Manu Garba for me is the only Nigerian coach that I know whom to a large extent is fair and transparent.
manu garba fair ? thank God it is your opinion. but bro , manu garba is not fair. just believe me, in fact NO Nigeria coach is fair, this is the reason Nigeria football is dying gradually.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Seethrough(m): 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
The simple reason is our age grade players are all cheats. So a truly talented kids lateef doesnt stand a chance, because he will always be regarded as too small or too fragile.The same way we lost David Alaba to Austria and till today we don't have one like him in left back position.

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by henryhemon(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2019
SoNature:
The Nigeria's U-17 team is super talented.
Just this afternoon before hundreds of Tanzanian fans watching at Dar El Salam national stadium, the Nigeria's squad destroyed them by 5-4.

That goalkeeper is useless no talent at all. He is a big joke.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Awoo88: 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
ofiko123:
He is still young..in Nigeria when you are 15 you are not eligible to play for the U-17..you have to be 19 years upward..
Are you trying to be modest You have to at least 23!!
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by henryhemon(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
Seethrough:
The simple reason is our age grade players are all cheats. So a truly talented kids lateef doesnt stand a chance, because he will always be regarded as too small or too fragile.The same way we lost David Alaba to Austria and till today we don't have one like him in left back position.

I'm sure you didn't see the match if you did,you will know that those boys are obviously under 17 - 19 max.,however he should ve been given a chance. Those Nigerian kids are super talented aside the goalkeeper. Go see the match again n come back.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by timbros(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
SoNature:
The Nigeria's U-17 team is super talented.
Just this afternoon before hundreds of Tanzanian fans watching at Dar El Salam national stadium, the Nigeria's squad destroyed them by 5-4.

You call 5-4 destroy?

Does the word destroy have a new meaning I don't know of?

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by ochiosa(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
Does he want us to lose out? others countries are coming with 20yrs and above and he is here talking about 15yrs baby. He should wait for at least 4-5yrs before coming for screening.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by ochiosa(m): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
Lateef Omidiji Jr has made history as the first youngster to be called up to the Nigerian U-17 national team at age 15. He is not the youngest to be called up. Fatai Atere played at the finals in beljin 1985 at the age of 14.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/lateef-omidiji-jr-reacts-after-being-dropped-out-afcon-u17-team.html
[/quote]
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by fx45(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
ochiosa:

Lateef Omidiji Jr has made history as the first youngster to be called up to the Nigerian U-17 national team at age 15. He is not the youngest to be called up. Fatai Atere played at the finals in beljin 1985 at the age of 14.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/lateef-omidiji-jr-reacts-after-being-dropped-out-afcon-u17-team.html
Peter Ogaba was also 14 when he went for Canada 87
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by SIRTee15: 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
henryhemon:

I'm sure you didn't see the match if you did,you will know that those boys are obviously under 17 - 19 max.,however he should ve been given a chance. Those Nigerian kids are super talented aside the goalkeeper. Go see the match again n come back.
Una don start again..
Same lie we repeat every year ...
How far with kelechi...

1 Like

Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by AngelicBeing: 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
SageMK:

But a simple DNA ancestry test will still show 99.9% affiliation with Nigeria. Dude should pack one side abeg.

[img]https://media1./images/e0b5f75413b75427a01134ce18374488/tenor.gif?itemid=5135974[/img]
tongue
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Akalia(m): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
SageMK:

But a simple DNA ancestry test will still show 99.9% affiliation with Nigeria. Dude should pack one side abeg.

[img]https://media1./images/e0b5f75413b75427a01134ce18374488/tenor.gif?itemid=5135974[/img]
What is the name of the movie 50cent starred in from which you created the memes?
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by chidexxy007(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
Oga, you're just 15 you still have time to feature goe the U17 grin grin
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by OkunrinOloro: 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2019
First off, Angelo Ogbonna is not a half caste.
Secondly, switching allegiance doesn't always end badly. The likes of Dele Alli, Jerome Boateng, Memphis Depay, Raheem Sterling and 75% of the French National Team have nothing to regret.

Thirdly, it is a well known fact that coaches in Nigerian age grade teams take bribes to field players, so until I hear the full story, I'm not going to question Lateef's actions. Certainly there is far more to this episode than meets the eye.

JasonScoolari:
Dear Lateef,

You're not the only wonder kid in the nest, there are so many other MORE talented player than you who didn't got the coach call up but are still rooting and supporting the Golden Eaglets.

So many half caste players like Gabriel Agbonlahor, Angelo Ogbonna and Ola John are still regretting their rash decision. Don't be like them, kindly wait for your time, you might just be our own Kylian Mbappe. (You even resemble Mbappe sef)

Goodluck to the Golden Eaglets today.

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
We all know his too small to play for under 17 in Nigeria ��
Our under 17 are 25-28 years old above so a 15years old like him will never make it

1 Like

Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
he should wait for his time if he didn't play for junior teams you re going to play for the Senior team.your time is your time
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by henryhemon(m): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
SIRTee15:

Una don start again..
Same lie we repeat every year ...
How far with kelechi...

How does not playing well translate to age? So its kelechi old?
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by lucianohase(m): 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
He should forget about Nigeria as far as soccer is concerned. Let go for either US soccer or Holland , I knw he will go far n be well encouraged.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
timbros:

You call 5-4 destroy?

Does the word destroy have a new meaning I don't know of?

Two of the penalty kicks awarded to the Tanzanians where highly debatable.

All things being equal the game should have ended 5:2 in favour of the Golden Eaglets.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Gerardo88: 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
His case is different, he has a team nd he is getting change. Make i hustle succeed 4 football 1st, after all many of us were screened out. NOT knowing the stars they left out, i will try d nxt time, if i fail which i believe i wil nt if they are fair..... Sha na opportunity, cause many dat were chosen are nt beta than me or my team mates here...... futbol 4 naija i tink is nt hardwork bt money... May God help me(us)
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by thedio(m): 10:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
This boy is too small and fragile to play African football.if he is that gud let him wait for word cup
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by BENEAMATA: 11:27pm On Apr 14, 2019
i don't understand the made history as a 15 year old part . peter ogaba , c. babayaro played u16/ u17 tournaent as 13 year olds .
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Earthquake2: 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2019
BENEAMATA:
i don't understand the made history as a 15 year old part . peter ogaba , c. babayaro played u16/ u17 tournaent as 13 year olds .

He is a striker and he's 15 years old what impact do you think he will make in the team
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by giftedben: 2:09am On Apr 15, 2019
USA visa, Netherlands visa or Nigeria visa. Abeg make una choose one.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by Brightest04(m): 6:14am On Apr 15, 2019
The mistake we often make in life.For not being picked at your first attempt and you lose hope.Abraham Lincoln contested for presidency several times before he finally won the seat.Our own President Buhari contested for several times before he finally won the seat.And so are many others on various fields who never got chance to showcase their talents at first attempt.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by pamcode(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2019
ofiko123:
He is still young..in Nigeria when you are 15 you are not eligible to play for the U-17..you have to be 19 years upward..
or even 24.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by mexzony: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2019
He is 15 he still has time. Let him cool his head for now.
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by zolajpower: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Dear Lateef,

You're not the only wonder kid in the nest, there are so many other MORE talented player than you who didn't got the coach call up but are still rooting and supporting the Golden Eaglets.

So many half caste players like Gabriel Agbonlahor, Angelo Ogbonna and Ola John are still regretting their rash decision. Don't be like them, kindly wait for your time, you might just be our own Kylian Mbappe. (You even resemble Mbappe sef)

Goodluck to the Golden Eaglets today.
Each time I see or here the word Goodluck especially when it's written in block letters and joined together, I remember the drunken sailor of otuoke . This gives me goosebumps alot . shocked
Re: Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts by timbros(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2019
Orkpekyandega:

Two of the penalty kicks awarded to the Tanzanians where highly debatable.

All things being equal the game should have ended 5:2 in favour of the Golden Eaglets.

Personal opinion.

The official scoreline is 5-4.

That scoreline is far from destruction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Serena William Hawking Plantain Chips, Pure Water With Her Trophy Tray / Which Player Should Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2022? / AFCON 2022: La Liga Celebrate Nigeria In Pidgin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.