Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,233 members, 7,957,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:25 PM

Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. (14908 Views)

Xavi Vs Pirlo Vs Scholes; Who Is The Best Passer? / Amazing!!!!! Victor Moses Rated Second Best Dribbler In EPL / Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by HighChief4(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2010
THE profile of the Chelsea and Nigeria midfielder John Mikel Obi is rising everyday in the Premier League. 

In the official premier league ranking of players, the 23 year old is rated the ninth best player in the Premier League, while Dickson Etuhu is placed on 18th position.

Mikel has started all the league games for Chelsea this season and has contributed to Chelsea's 'stingy' defense. Only one goal conceded in four games.

For Chelsea, he may not be the most glamorous of players' neither the most prolific of goal scorers, Obi Mikel is not a footballing celebrity like most of his team mates. Nonetheless, he is second in the English Premier League’s passing calculators.

Mikel has completed 234 passes out of a total of 258 passes. Only 25 of his attempted passes have gone astray of their projected mark, something that the young midfielder duly deserves credit for.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/football-golf-boxing/12979.html
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by sulad82i(m): 5:27pm On Sep 14, 2010
Nice. Good news at least
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2010
unbelievable
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by HighChief4(m): 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2010
The guy has improved tremendously, most of our(naija) players in EPL are doing well, Nsofor was a threat when West Ham played Chelsea last week end
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Johnnny(m): 9:21am On Sep 15, 2010
This is good news! He shud keep it up.

We are gradually getting back our glory, We need more naija players to do well in Europe.

In the ongoing Champions league, we have 7 naija players playing for their clubsides. It is a very good development.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by ObamaUS: 9:58am On Sep 15, 2010
he's rated 2nd because his passes are always back passes,
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by orangemen: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2010

@ObamaNigeria,
you are right. but what can u do about that? i think nothing.
it is not by might, success most times is by favour. it is obvious that God's hand is upon mikel hence even with back pass(according to u) he is still getting awards while ppl like u who can pass forward will remain how they are forever and ever.
it is obvious if u are the english fa, mikel will not be a footballer but ur ways are different from the ways of God and the most unfortunate thing here is that mikel does not need u in any way to survive.
if i were u, in the presence of all these frustrations, i will think of suicide.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Skidoc(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2010
orangemen:

@ObamaNigeria,
you are right. but what can u do about that? i think nothing.
it is not by might, success most times is by favour. it is obvious that God's hand is upon mikel hence even with back pass(according to u) he is still getting awards while ppl like u who can pass forward will remain how they are forever and ever.
it is obvious if u are the english fa, mikel will not be a footballer but your ways are different from the ways of God and the most unfortunate thing here is that mikel does not need u in any way to survive.
if i were u, in the presence of all these frustrations, i will think of suicide.

Never knew a post can be so true, spot-on and funny at the same time. grin grin
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by luvhenry(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2010
you all are mking me laugh. has mikel ever held the ball for more than 5 seconds. has he had up to 20 goal attempts since he joined chelsea? has he ever crossed the box 18 yard. laugh wan kill me die. this is an embarrasing award.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by orangemen: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2010
you all are mking me laugh. has mikel ever held the ball for more than 5 seconds. has he had up to 20 goal attempts since he joined chelsea? has he ever crossed the box 18 yard. laugh wan kill me die. this is an embarrasing award.

@luvhenry,
u are right brother. as long as you are writing from a mental rehablitation home, u are right. even in ur abnormalities, u still claim to know more than the english fa. who will even blame u. if u are yet untreated and u can still manage this kind of thinking, then nairalanders shld watch out for u after u must have recieved enough mental treatments.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Kgdavid(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2010
his passes r not all back passes as many r led to think, mikel gives a number of very good long passes and his short passes serve the purpose of the team
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by 12large: 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
lol and this orangeman wants them to give him his old name back when he has still not changed. mikel is still the same player with last season, just finished watching chelsea vs slovakian club and he is still playing the same thing just sidepass and back pass, one in a while he gives long pass
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by orangemen: 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2010
lol and this orangeman wants them to give him his old name back when he has still not changed. mikel is still the same player with last season, just finished watching chelsea vs slovakian club and he is still playing the same thing just sidepass and back pass, one in a while he gives long pass

@12monkies,
wether they give me that name back of not, i don't care. how much does it course to get a new id? ppl who eat good food and think corectly have spoken so what a poverty ridden brain thinks does not matter.
ur problem is mikel and siasia and unfortunately, God has made these guys to be beyond ur abilities.
commit suicide if u are not comfortable
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by 12large: 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2010
idiot no change topic i like siasia, i like mikel, siasia has potential and uses it, mikel has potenial and don't ue it.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by orangemen: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2010
no change topic i like siasia, i like mikel, siasia has potential and uses it, mikel has potenial and don't ue it.

@13large,
what abt u? do u have potentials at all? do u love these two guys more than urself? are u a disabled man? why are u not coaching or playing football?
i will suggest u get a life.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Primegold: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2010
luvhenry:

I don't know why we find it difficult to celebrate our own. If some other foreign player was voted the 2nd best 'passer of the ball' we'll be over the moon celebrating them. When he's a fellow Nigerian, some will remember that his great grand papa did not play for the Eagles!

There's been a bit of Mikel bashing going on, sometime ago, we were told that once Jose Murinho leaves Chelsea, Mikel will become history. What did we see? Mikel has become a regular under 4 other world class coaches! We were told once Micheal Essien is back from injury, nobody will remember Mikel exists, so far Mikel has 100% record for appearance this season despite Essien's comeback.

For the 5 seconds as my broda quoted above, modern football is built on teamwork and not individual brillance alone. Well knit teams prefer excellent ball passing to excellent individual ball dribblers. Ask yourself, why is Barcelona & Arsenal beauty to watch? They pass the ball so well in amazing manners.

Mikel is a holding Midfielder. We may wish that he's a creative/attacking midfielder like Okocha, but Chelsea has groomed him to be a holding midfielder and he's so damn well efficient at it! He understands his role in the game and executes it brillantly!

Whether we like it or not, he's the most successful active Nigerian footballer today(Kanu is in semi retirement), playing for a club in the top 10 in the world. How I wish our other footballers play like Mikel!

Let's give the young man his due! Mikel is a success story.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by orangemen: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2010
I don't know why we find it difficult to celebrate our own. If some other foreign player was voted the 2nd best 'passer of the ball' we'll be over the moon celebrating them. When he's a fellow Nigerian, some will remember that his great grand papa did not play for the Eagles!

There's been a bit of Mikel bashing going on, sometime ago, we were told that once Jose Murinho leaves Chelsea, Mikel will become history. What did we see? Mikel has become a regular under 4 other world class coaches! We were told once Micheal Essien is back from injury, nobody will remember Mikel exists, so far Mikel has 100% record for appearance this season despite Essien's comeback.

For the 5 seconds as my broda quoted above, modern football is built on teamwork and not individual brillance alone. Well knit teams prefer excellent ball passing to excellent individual ball dribblers. Ask yourself, why is Barcelona & Arsenal beauty to watch? They pass the ball so well in amazing manners.

Mikel is a holding Midfielder. We may wish that he's a creative/attacking midfielder like Okocha, but Chelsea has groomed him to be a holding midfielder and he's so damn well efficient at it! He understands his role in the game and executes it brillantly!

Whether we like it or not, he's the most successful active Nigerian footballer today(Kanu is in semi retirement), playing for a club in the top 10 in the world. How I wish our other footballers play like Mikel!

Let's give the young man his due! Mikel is a success story.

@primegold,
u forgot wat nairalanders were saying when chelsea was going for ramires?
there is a natural law on those who appreciate good things.
look into ur village and u will see those enemies of progress will never succeed.
i am happy that mikel has grown above a certain level at least what nigerians think of him now does not matter.
if u look at the way nairalanders see football, u will have a reason to say most of them are ignorant of what modern football is.
which other nigerian footballer can command a shirt in the present chelsea team? which other nigerian player is playing at the same level with mikel?
negative minds all over the place. even when mikel signed for chelsea, wow, HE IS FINISHED. OH, BECAUSE OF MONEY, CHAI, IN SUCH A STAR STUDDED CLUB. HMM WHY NOT MAN U?
to the glory of God, the young man has defiled all theories of bad belle ppl to finish his first contract and get a second improved one.
if a player does not score a goal and chelsea is paying him heavily, then with one goal, UNO will start paying him.
mikel(captain of the super eagles -to be) will continue to grow from strenght to strenght.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2010
I know Mikel is very good, but i just want to beef him anyway grin Congrats Mikel, but tomorrow we shall beef you about not scoring angry
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by AloyEmeka5: 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2010
ObamaUS:

Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by SirMethod: 3:06pm On Sep 16, 2010
@orangemen: You are really working here. These guys are d-u-m-?. I wonder why they think like this
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by KakiP(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2010
na short passes,good work though!
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by kingchild(m): 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
orange,you are too much.
please let them know that football is football, it's either you've played it before or you are a good fan and most of the best fan around have always been a fan all their life.
almost all the MAN U fans we have in Nigeria have not kicked that round leather before hence their knowledge of the game is shallow, they think it's all about bribing a ref. remember it's only those that knows the worth of gold invest their money therein, na we know wetin we see when we say OBIMIKEL Na somebody.

NA GOD BLESS MIKEL> MIKEL If you can hear me , i think i love you just like a love myself. you , tuface, Jose Mourinhno and Pastor are like my very self to me. Na touch them.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by luvhenry(m): 3:28pm On Sep 16, 2010
its obvious this orange man of a guy is frustrated probably, he is jobless or has had a miserable life since he was born so no need talking with him
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Suntemi(m): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
If He's second, who is the first? but to me, Mikel is second to none at the moment
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Stonnydrey(m): 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2010
Mikel, Oh! It's culled from TheNation, I no no,
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by HighChief4(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
John Mikel Nchekwube Obi, you can love or hate him but you can never ignore him. Nigerians should love their own and support them to do more.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by BizBooks(m): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2010
Mikel's performance this season has been near excellent. The arrival of Ramires and Benayoun and the return of Essien has not affected his playing time contrary to conventional wisdom. Here's a summary of his performance against West Brom and Wigan by my recollection.

Chelsea 6 West Brom Albion 0 - Saturday August 14, 2010
Mikel made major contributions towards the first 2 goals. For the first goal, Malouda scored off Mikel's rebounded shot. For the second goal, Mikel gave a through pass to Essien who was immediately brought down near the 18 yard box. Drogba scored from the resultant free kick.

Chelsea 6 Wigan Athletic 0 - Saturday August 21, 2010
Mikel provided the assist in the second goal for Chelsea. He sent a through pass to Anelka who fired past the Wigan goal keeper in the 3rd minute of the second half.
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by adagz01(m): 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
MAN U is going to snap him up very soon to pair with scholes
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by Goldenmeda(m): 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2010
dat's my man, keep improving every day, i luv mikel die as i luv kalou,
All busy body and amebo make una go die, mikel go soon became no.1 in africa whether una lyk am or not

Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by adagz01(m): 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2010
My 9ja boy

Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by JohnDoe77(m): 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]But how many of those passes are back passes[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Mikel Rated Second Best Ball Passer In Premier League. by luvhenry(m): 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2010
beautiful pictures, but we want to see the one where he was rejoicing after scoring for his club. NONSENSE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Should Be In Goal For Nigeria Against Algeria: Akpeyi, Ezenwa Or Alampasu? / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Cameroon Withdraws Joel Tagueu From AFCON Over Life-threatening Heart Defect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.