Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 (59500 Views)

Ajax Amsterdam Vs Juventus: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 1) On 10th April 2019 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by jelel6: 10:43am On Apr 17, 2019
LordAdamX:

That's your opinion. You're entitled to it.

Can played for the Liverpool that got to the UCL Final last year. Matuidi got to the Euros and WC Final. Won the latter. Pjanic has gotten to a UCL Final. That's supposedly the weak link in Juve. So, it's arguable to say the City squad is better. Look at what Pep is doing with Foden.

-Lord

Jon Obi Mikel won the champions league. It doesn't make him better than Kante. Pjanic is juve best football player. Who's saying he's a weak link?

Everything is arguable. But who's going to make way for all those Juve players you're talking about. Fernandinho, bernado Silva and Debruyne?

What is Pep doing with Foden?
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Wizywiz(m): 10:47am On Apr 17, 2019
Heeyor:
June 2018
RONALDO: I need a wage raise
PEREZ. : getting a wage raise means you have to play like Messi
RONALDO: But ......but

July
RONALDO: "Juventus is a great club , we're more like a family"

MARCH , now they've been knocked out of UCL by Ajax he'll ask for a wage raise which he will be denied of

JULY 2019
" Shanghai China is the club of my dreams , I grew up watching legends like Chong Li and Jang Jung

1 Like

Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Wizywiz(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

I know if the midfield is crap, Messi drops deep to provide. Funny how you can compare Messi and modric but not cr7 in the midfield. Please wake me up when Ronaldo wins 2 trebles
which two ..someone that has never one a single treble u talk of two
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Reussite: 11:01am On Apr 17, 2019
Athletico Madrid, Juventus, Manchester United, Bayern Munich & Real Madrid play one way sorta football: cross & nod and I don't consider this style of football exciting or result driven in anyway. A team work style of play would always trump a one man focal point kind of play: this was the case of Juve last night. sad It was painful to watch Ajax teach them what quality football play is...I hope they learn from this & cease to focus every ball on CR7.

2 Likes

Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by jelel6: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2019
chiboy1116:
bernado Silva , dude is just on another level this season , he doesn't get tired at all , he defends , scores , dribbles and most importantly is very creative .

Again, excellente! 90 percent of the time, players have some of all the qualities you've mentioned, never all of them. BUT ALL THOSE QUALITIES ARE WHAT MAKES BERNARDO SILVA. He can protect the ball whenever he wants. He demands the ball whenever you have it.

I can never forget his performance against Liverpool at the Etihad. Simply unbelievable.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Ozkar: 11:11am On Apr 17, 2019
jelel6:
Football is difficult to always predict because of the variables seemingly beyond human control. However, we must still try to analyze as best as we could.

All the juventus supporters here are not sincere to themselves if they think Juventus is one of the favorites for this season's champion league simply because they bought Ronaldo. Last season, juve were unbelievably fortunate to knock out Spurs. They don't have a very recognized way of playing, mostly in constructing attacks. Ronaldo can only help you finish attack, not start them. Hence, I was very sure that they didn't necessarily improved compared to last season.

Athletico Madrid and Juve play similar style and Juve just got the better of them. No surprises there.
Ajax just showed everyone the benefits of a very organized style of play if you have good players to implement it. Team football always trump one man teams.

Not that I was certain Ajax will beat Juve but I was sure it was going to be an even game overall. Ajax was fantastic over two legs. But I think Man City and Tottenham are both different teams to Juventus. Both will pressure Ajax intensely like Juve never did because that's their own way of playing. And both can play football that juve can't. Man City, in particular could wallop Ajax because they both play similar styles, but City have way better players than Ajax.

Ajax vs Spurs. Generally even game
Ajax vs Man city. City are already in the final.
don't be so sure. That's how you guys were saying Juve isn't Madrid and they would easily beat Ajax. City couldn't handle Lyon in the group stages. They are far from invincible.

Let them qualify for the semis first. Tottenham might just knock them out. I hope City qualifies though.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Akinwale14(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
u are sounding it like his Barcelona is invincible...Now...
Answer my question,,D messi cry when Roma knocked Barcelona out last season?
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by jelel6: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2019
STILESGANG:
Abeg what's special about mancity?.The same ones who with all the spending have never lived up to expectation in the champions league.Liverpool is a far bigger threat to barca than mancity.Enough of the English media hype.Mancity have never been on barca level and would never be.
Even guardiola knows when Messi is in form no one can stop him.

I'd advise you to stop listening to English media hype and go watch City play football yourself. If you find what you see ordinary then I wonder why most teams are not able to post the same numbers.

I wonder why you're getting all emotional and philosophical. History is history and even the great Messi can't change it. We are talking about the present and the future here.

In a one off game Liverpool can beat anyone. But everybody knows Man city is the best team in the EPL. Even Klopp has said that himself time and again.

At least, you've admitted yourself that Barça is about Messi and Messi is Barca. I wonder if Messi happened to be injured most of the season you'd still be confident about Barça like Man city had been without Debruyne this season, who was by far and large, their best player last season.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
Akinwale14:
Answer my question,,D messi cry when Roma knocked Barcelona out last season?
are u now an examiner oga go sleep..am not obligated to ansa ur useless questions

1 Like

Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Kylekent59: 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

bro, there is no Bet9ja on my part of the world, but if there was, then i would know better than betting on Juve or ManU...

funny you should say that, i am French, probably France/PSG biggest supporter on NL, and here below is something to keep you quiet for a minute...below is A) my post right before the WC in Russia, and B) picture of yours truly in Brasilia during the France-Nigeria match in WC 2014 still supporting my team... sweet dreams!

Keep deceiving yourself.

From your comments, i saw you are a gambler.

Stop the hatred.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by COOL10(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
selemo:
Why do we have world best player instead of best players?

How do you mean?
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by jelel6: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ozkar:
don't be so sure. That's how you guys were saying Juve isn't Madrid and they would easily beat Ajax. City couldn't handle Lyon in the group stages. They are far from invincible.

Let them qualify for the semis first. Tottenham might just knock them out. I hope City qualifies though.

Common now. I never said Juve will beat Ajax. In fact, what you quoted clearly indicates I'm of the opinion that Juventus are not a special team and I expected a generally even game with Ajax.

Lyon troubled City no doubt. But the margin for error in the group stages is greater than the knockout. Complacency happens time to time.

As soon as I saw the lineup against Spurs, it was clear Pep was over-tinkering again. He never curbs his team's attacking intent but he did that night. To not have Bernardo Silva, Debruyne and Sane when he could have included some of them indicated a slightly defensive mindset. He admitted that after the loss.

Spurs were ready to fight in that first leg and deserve their Victory. I just hope Man city get the job done. Quality wise, a place in the finals is theirs to lose
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Akinwale14(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
are u now an examiner oga go sleep..am not obligated to ansa ur useless questions
you are very stupid for tagging my name in the first place,,abeg get lost idiot,abi na me mk Ajax kill ur overrated penaldo yesterday
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by chiefotini: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
@aduku1 Hello i think you are trying to message me or contact you ? all i need is appointment date and put document together
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2019
Akinwale14:
you are very stupid for tagging my name in the first place,,abeg get lost idiot,abi na me mk Ajax kill ur overrated penaldo yesterday
you are a confirmed idiot of the century...
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
ricon:
Ronaldo to deliver as usual

Juventus made it clear that they bought him to win champions league.

Quality player anytime. He delivers at when expected.
Guy how market

1 Like

Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
Topmaike007:
watch and see how Ajax will eliminate them ov2.5
I said it and it happened like that
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Akinwale14(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you are a confirmed idiot of the century...
Brainless kid,,juventus is gone so kill yourself imp
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Ozkar: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ozkar:

jelel6 I told you so. City isn't invincible and they are out.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by jelel6: 10:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ozkar:
jelel6 I told you so. City isn't invincible and they are out.

Yeah. They were my favorite for the Champions League. Spurs deserved their Victory. The spirit of the Champions League is really unexplainable.

Pep tactics from the first leg cost his team.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by maxwell530(m): 12:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Which Messi goal took Argentina to the finals??
go and re watch how Argentina made it to the World Cup Final in Brazil and why he was named best player of the tournament.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Jokerman(m): 6:26am On Apr 18, 2019
maxwell530:
go and re watch how Argentina made it to the World Cup Final in Brazil and why he was named best player of the tournament.

Oga Blatter just dashed Messi that award
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by maxwell530(m): 12:06am On Apr 20, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga Blatter just dashed Messi that award
Bullocks!!!
Mention another player that played more than Messi in 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Jokerman(m): 1:21am On Apr 20, 2019
maxwell530:
Bullocks!!!
Mention another player that played more than Messi in 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

James Rodriguez
Thomas muller
Manuel Neuer
Re: Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 by Candyness(f): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2020
ola2033:

When he is not Messi

Hiya. Boo y'all cute. Boo y'all fancy girl on girl lesbian action? Y'all look capable

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: F.A Cup (0 - 2) On 18th February 2019 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.