Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (59867 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
It is with great pleasure that I launch the latest installment of the greatest club thread on the face of nairaland.

I know we'll probably see more speculation, arguably pointless financial analysis and more 'hoping for next season' talk on this thread, but regardless we all remain gooners. cool

We are a club with a proud history - despite the recent struggles, our history and class remain.

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2010
Dobo, what happened to "In Wenger We Trust"? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2010
debosky:

We are a club with a proud history - despite the recent struggles, our history and class remain.

Gunner 1965  cool tongue

Arsenal have no HISTORY abeg.
Show us your Champions League trophy, abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2010
Sorrow, tears, Wailing and trophylessness of the past 5 seasons continue

Its Business as Usual
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2010
debosky:

It is with great pleasure that I launch the latest installment of the greatest club thread on the face of nairaland.

I know we'll probably see more speculation, arguably pointless financial analysis and more 'hoping for next season' talk on this thread, but regardless we all remain gooners. cool

Gunner 1965  cool tongue

How the heck did I miss this? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2010
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he is disappointed with Andrey Arshavin after the midfielder claimed that a move to Barcelona would represent "the peak of my career."

The Russian playmaker, who is currently injured with a calf problem, was quoted by Russian newspaper Sport Express, though he has subsequently claimed he would finish his career at Arsenal.

Wenger has since admitted, however, that he was disappointed with the former Zenit St Petersburg star's comments.

"We do not, of course, accept that [talk of leaving the club]," he added.

"When you are at Arsenal, you are at Arsenal. When you are somewhere else, you are somewhere else.

"I believe that your pride makes first that you defend your club.

"Everybody has the freedom to speak, but you want to make sure first of all that you respect your club."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/04/29/1901346/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-very-disappointed-with-andrey
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by maedan(f): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Sorrow, tears, Wailing and trophylessness of the past 5 seasons continue

Its Business as Usual

hawhawhaw. I guess all of the above are what helps constitute the "greatest club" (thread) on NL tongue.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2010
Don't be daft Sharon - not winning the CL is not what determines the proud history of the club.

Now leave - we don't need your foul commentary on this thread.  tongue

@ Chamo

If you don't like it, go jump into the Thames.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2010
And the trophylessness, boring, long, meaningless debates and delusions of grandeur continues tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2010
debosky:

Don't be daft Sharon - not winning the CL is not what determines the proud history of the club.

Now leave - we don't need your foul commentary on this thread.  tongue

History starts with those great nights in Europe in the days of black-n-white TV.
Chelsea and Arsenal have no history. . . . .When Bobby Charlton was leading United players to lift the UCL in 2008, Chelsea had Peter Kenyon.
Should Bayern win the UCL next month, you will see Beckenbauer, Rummenigge and probably Matthaus leading the Nazis to lift the cup.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2010
History starts with those great nights in Europe in the days of black-n-white TV.
Chelsea and Arsenal have no history. . . . .When Bobby Charlton was leading United players to lift the UCL in 2008, Chelsea had Peter Kenyon.
Should Bayern win the UCL next month, you will see Beckenbauer, Rummenigge and probably Matthaus leading the Nazis to lift the cup.

Sharap Sharon,

Give GAYYners a break dude,

Should Assanal win the Emirate cup in August you would see legends like Owusu-Abeyie, Arturo Lupoli, Daniel Karbasiyoon, Francis Jeffers, Stepanovs, lead them to the cup grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by maedan(f): 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2010
jalether:

And the trophylessness, boring, long, meaningless debates and delusions of grandeur continues tongue

hehehe. Now I'm really ROTF grin grin. You people should not totally annihilate the "great pleasure" with which this thread was "launched" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Apr 29, 2010
hehehe. Now I'm really ROTF . You people should not totally annihilate the "great pleasure" with which this thread was "launched

They should be banned from opening new thread on NL till they can produce a trophy, Whats the rational behind celebrating Failure!!!

Fulham are 90mins away from winning a European trophy, Portsmouth are 90 min away from winning 2 in 3 seasons.

GAYYners, Whats your excuse?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Should Assanal win the Emirate cup in August you would see legends like Owusu-Abeyie, Arturo Lupoli, Daniel Karbasiyoon, Francis Jeffers, Stepanovs, lead them to the cup grin grin grin grin grin

Arsene Wenger should be ashamed of himself, abeg.
Roy Hodgson just took Fulham to Europa League final. This man spent just £4.1 million on players in the current season.
Money is no longer the excuse now watching teams like Fulham getting to a European final. Arsene Wenger must pay for crimes against HUMANITY. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2010
1,000 hybrid DK-Sharon muppets cannot dampen my enthusiasm for Arsenal FC, regardless of our current state. cool

No one can stop us from discussing about our great club on our thread. I know y'all hate it, but there is NOTHING you can do to stop it. cool

You can continue to act like jobless minions you are start rehashing your stories all over again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2010
Dudu can explain it,

The embryos have refused to develop.

Pls Sauron I remember one either Carling cup or FA cup match in 2003-2004 between Arsenal and Manure.

Where they both fielded Youngsters. I remember Arturo Lupoli specifically.

What happened to those players? Now we hear they are building for the future AGAIN!! What happened to the youths of yesteryears? All in division 2.

Lupoli, Aliadiere and Justin Hoyte as key examples.

Fulham playing a European final, Portsmouth playing FA cup finals, Tottenham won carling cup some seasons back, Are these clubs richer than Arsenal or do they spend more?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2010
know y'all hate it, but there is NOTHING you can do to stop it

You are right. I hate it, I hate Failure, I hate cyclical existence, I hate excuses, I hate 5 seasons of trophylessness, I hate deluded fans

FAILURE I reject you. Though Most GAYYners see it as a way of life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Dudu can explain it,

The embryos have refused to develop.

Pls Sauron I remember one either Carling cup or FA cup match in 2003-2004 between Arsenal and Manure.

Where they both fielded Youngsters. I remember Arturo Lupoli specifically.

What happened to those players? Now we hear they are building for the future AGAIN!! What happened to the youths of yesteryears? All in division 2.

Lupoli, Aliadiere and Justin Hoyte as key examples.

Fulham playing a European final, Portsmouth playing FA cup finals, Tottenham won carling cup some seasons back, Are these clubs richer than Arsenal or do they spend more?

This same Pompey win the FA Cup in 2008.
What have Arsenal won in that time-frame?

debosky:

1,000 hybrid DK-Sharon muppets cannot dampen my enthusiasm for Arsenal FC, regardless of our current state.  cool

No one can stop us from discussing about our great club on our thread. I know y'all hate it, but there is NOTHING you can do to stop it.  cool

You can continue to act like jobless minions you are start rehashing your stories all over again.

1,000 hybrid DK-Sharon might not dampen your spirit but i know who did. . . . .NZOGBIA. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2010
Keep on ranting - y'all are like Dumb and Dumber following each other about like simpletons. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2010
This same Pompey win the FA Cup in 2008.
What have Arsenal won in that time-frame?

You are still talking about 2008, 2005/2006 till now is 5 full seasons.

Since the creation of NL, Trophies have vacated the Arsenal FC. I think your trophylessness might be associated with the existence of NL.

NL and Trophies for Arsenal can not co exist.

Dobosky and Mukina, Best solution is to crash NL servers!!!!!  grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2010
I thank God Debo created this thread and not DK, I thank God the haterz thot we would be out of the top four instead we moved up to the top 3 and left that dubious honour to maedan's team.

By this time next season we shall surely be in the top 2 and DK will be unable to post his infamous empty trophy cupboard picture cos we woulda won somethin, while Sauron will be unable to post on our thread cos by then Manure's debt would be approaching £1b.   grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by maedan(f): 12:45am On Apr 30, 2010
duduspace:

I thank God Debo created this thread and not DK, I thank God the haterz thot we would be out of the top four instead we moved up to the top 3 and left that dubious honour to maedan's team.

By this time next season we shall surely be in the top 2 and DK will be unable to post his infamous empty trophy cupboard picture cos we woulda won somethin, while Sauron will be unable to post on our thread cos by then Manure's debt would be approaching £1b.   grin grin grin

See your mouf tongue tongue tongue. Darn right it's maedan's team. Thank goodness you finally looked in to give the thread some support tongue. Looked like there was only one fan in the whole NL universe to stand up for a team that has "arse" as its first syllable tongue lipsrsealed grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:51am On Apr 30, 2010
chamotex:

How the heck did I miss this? undecided undecided undecided
You haven't missed anything, its only just starting, we always generate the buzz, why exactly are you here again? yeah rite, its becos yu luv us so much and can't do without us. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:48am On Apr 30, 2010
Bunkumery all over. . .una dey craze ni, G O and D A ?

U guys r sounding like u only got a little time left on earth . . .OR HOW ELSE DO U WANT TO BE CONVINCED THAT WE WOULD SOON MAKE PEOPLE TREMBLE WHEN THEY HEAR THE WORD 'ARSENAL' ?

Seriously. . . I BELIEVE!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2010
Was about to do a thread and saw this, thanks Dee  cool

DK,
This thread is a page old, please do NOT ruin the breathe of fresh air it brings along with other possibilities. . .so in the words of mukinat3, WAKA! angry grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:31pm On Apr 30, 2010
i just wonder at times how come all ya mumu's never go to the threads for ur teams and are always coming here to spout trash!

talk about obssession with anor man's business

y'all need to get a life. some of you guys just login to nl just to spout on arsenal thread, maybe u need to expend a bit of the energy u waste on arsenal on ur own clubs, TWATS.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2010
[Quote]
At his press conference on Thursday, Arsène Wenger remained sceptical about the validity of the quotes. Speaking in Russian newspaper Sport Express on Friday, Arshavin corrected his position and revealed he was used to all the rumours.

"I respect the club and I am happy that I am a part of it," he said. " I am very grateful to the Arsenal fans, who love me.

"I am often translated wrongly. If I talk to the English press, there is no problem but when I say something in Russia, some special news agency takes it, translates it and sells these quotes.

"During the process of interpretation they translate my words as they see fit. I find this unpleasant because people might think I said something that, in fact, I never said."
[/quote]

Good boi, omo daadaa, now go on the pitch and show what you can do son, all is forgiven. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2010

[size=16pt]£40m Sergio Aguero heading to Chelsea[/size]

Atletico Madrid's Argentine striker Sergio Aguero has already agreed a £40 million summer transfer move to Chelsea, according to ESPNsoccernet sources.

A top Premier League manager told Soccernet of the transfer as Aguero lined up for his club in the Europa League semi-final against Liverpool and maintained that it was common knowledge within the game that the deal was on its way.

"The word is that Aguero is going to Chelsea - it's a done deal at £40 million," he said.

Aguero was close to a move to Stamford Bridge in the January transfer window but Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti was convinced that his squad were capable of winning the league without a huge investment and the price for the striker quoted at the time was £50 million.

However, Atletico Madrid's financial situation has worsened since, while the player is reportedly more relaxed about a move in the summer with more time to settle in to live in London after the World Cup.

Only recently Aguero was quoted as saying how much he admires players such as Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, which was naturally interpreted as a 'come and get me' message to the Blues.

"Chelsea are a great club,'' Aguero was quoted as saying. ''They have become one of the most feared in Europe over recent years. London would be a really amazing city to live in as well - myself and my wife could be really happy there."

Aguero - signed by Atletico in 2006 - has been likened to the legendary Diego Maradona for his playing style. Ironically he is now engaged to Giannina Maradona (Diego's daughter) and is fighting for a place in the Argentina manager's World Cup team

Didn't someone say these dudes are in a transfer cap situation or sumn?? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2010
eldee:

It isn't confirmed yet and even if it is, Arguero isn't any improvement over what they have already in Drogba and Anelka, doesnt have Messi's skills neither does he have Tevez's hustle. I'm quite happy for them to waste that kind of money, it is less money for them to make more meaningful signings.
I hope you are not suggesting we should have gone for such a player though cos that is alreay 95% of the 45m the papers claim Arsene has to spend.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
V3 Free my posts jor angry angry
Or Is It my fault you lot haven't the European Cup since the Ice Ages? undecided grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

V3 Free my posts jor angry angry
Or Is It my fault you lot haven't the European Cup since the Ice Ages? undecided grin
What are you on about What happened to your post tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2010
eldee:

You don't say. grin I thought everyone was destined to buy 2 for 1m players like Arsenal has had to do. . . .I guess spending 40m is the fulfillment of a certain prediction. grin

Better yet, according to dudu he doesn't add anything better to Chelski - doesn't that remind you of Wenger's favorite excuse? 'I couldn't find anyone to improve the side'.

I'd rather take the experience and judgment of a coach who has won numerous titles both European and domestic, and is on the cusp of another one, than a coach who is apparently an irredeemable navel gazer who will never see anything wrong with his failed policy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 6th November 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.