Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1577688 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
Standard Chartered Bank HQ in Westlands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2014

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2014

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by MorrisaMkenya(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2014
gallivant:
wow..*singing* nobody do it like we do it in 254.........great work you have done there
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
MorrisaMkenya:
wow..*singing* nobody do it like we do it in 254.........great work you have done there

Thanks. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
Upper Hill

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Prism Tower

Kenya National Library

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Bifwoli: 2:42am On Aug 19, 2014
Gallivant don't you have a snipping tool for use to get the photos on your last post?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:58am On Aug 19, 2014
Bifwoli: Gallivant don't you have a snipping tool for use to get the photos on your last post?

I tried and failed but I emailed the owner for permission to post his pictures, I will format them soon.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Natifa(f): 10:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
On my way to kenya 4 my undergraduate programme in tourism and recreation.
Wish me luck
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by lennymutai(m): 4:45am On Aug 21, 2014
Natifa: On my way to kenya 4 my undergraduate programme in tourism and recreation.
Wish me luck
Good luck and welcome.Which university are joining?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Natifa(f): 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
lennymutai: Good luck and welcome.Which university are joining?
tnx lenny. I don't even knw whc uni. to join. My sch z going to recommend 1 4 me when am done with my diploma in tourism & recreation. Or hav u got any ideas?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by lennymutai(m): 5:11am On Aug 22, 2014
Natifa: tnx lenny. I don't even knw whc uni. to join. My sch z going to recommend 1 4 me when am done with my diploma in tourism & recreation. Or hav u got any ideas?
Well several universities here offer courses on tourism.So i. do some research to findout which one suits you best or one offer tthe best in terms of quality,accomondation,cost and so forth and so on.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Malila: 9:45am On Aug 22, 2014
My man @Constantin and others who are wondering how come Nairobi is so grand while they have no oil like Nigeria you should know one thing. Nairobi is the location of UN Headquarters in Africa.

Look here http://www.unon.org/content/other-un-agencies-nairobi

The UN has two global HQ's in Nairobi (namely UNEP and UN-HABITAT). And over 20 regional HQ's (meaning for Africa, the whole continent is the region).

With UN in her backyard Nairobi has become host to many expatriates, has a strong real estate market and forex is flowing freely. The Kenyan govt has also placed ambassadors (special liaison officers) at each of the UN office at Nairobi to make sure all the money flowing through those agencies benefits Kenya. So many UN projects end up in Nairobi, the expatriates there are completely biased. They do research studies in Kenya and end up recommending projects to be implemented in Kenya.

It's better than oil, as the system creates more linkages with other sectors of the economy.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Natifa(f): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
lennymutai: Well several universities here offer courses on tourism.So i. do some research to findout which one suits you best or one offer tthe best in terms of quality,accomondation,cost and so forth and so on.
i wil appreciate it pal.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kamenmen(m): 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Malila: My man @Constantin and others who are wondering how come Nairobi is so grand while they have no oil like Nigeria you should know one thing. Nairobi is the location of UN Headquarters in Africa.

Look here http://www.unon.org/content/other-un-agencies-nairobi

The UN has two global HQ's in Nairobi (namely UNEP and UN-HABITAT). And over 20 regional HQ's (meaning for Africa, the whole continent is the region).

With UN in her backyard Nairobi has become host to many expatriates, has a strong real estate market and forex is flowing freely. The Kenyan govt has also placed ambassadors (special liaison officers) at each of the UN office at Nairobi to make sure all the money flowing through those agencies benefits Kenya. So many UN projects end up in Nairobi, the expatriates there are completely biased. They do research studies in Kenya and end up recommending projects to be implemented in Kenya.

It's better than oil, as the system creates more linkages with other sectors of the economy.
How does the UNEP headquaters being based in Nairobi be an economic asset to the point of comparison as oil? UNEP programmes deals with mostly environmental issues of the world(not just" Kenya). It barely even deals with the Kenyan govt. I mean dont you think that it doesnt even add up if you think about it? If it runs any economic projects(which I have never heard of) its impact is COMPLETELY overshadowed by almost all the other
economic factors in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kamenmen: How does the UNEP headquaters being based in Nairobi be an economic asset to the point of comparison as oil? UNEP programmes deals with mostly environmental issues of the world(not just" Kenya). It barely even deals with the Kenyan govt. I mean dont you think that it doesnt even add up if you think about it? If it runs any economic projects(which I have never heard of) its impact is COMPLETELY overshadowed by almost all the other
economic factors in the country.

I think what he meant to say is with UNEP bieng based in Kenya, it sells Nairobi as a stable and friendly business hub, where multinational coporations can set up there headquarters and be guaranteed that there bases will still be standing and their intrests protected by the law a century later. UNEP has been there since 1970's. Also, with kenya hosting the the largest refugee camps in Africa, other bodies like WHO,World Food Program,UN-Refugee Agency a result find themselves sitting up bigger bases in kenya. And also with kenya having one of the most diversified economies in Africa and economic policies that strictly follow recommendations of the World Bank, bodies like IMF tend to favor kenya when launching new programs in africa.
As a result, Kenya uses this as a bargaining chip for other NGOs and other UN bodies to set up bases for regional/africa coordination when it comes to setting up development projects, eg, the africa power project launched by Obama last year was to be head quartered in Nairobi.
When Bodies such as UNEP,WHO,WFP,UNHCR sep up regional bases, Kenya Appoints ambassadors or coordinators to this agencies to streamline economic projects between these bodies and the government, This support from the government makes these bodies favor kenya in return,when launching new development projects

Thus When other Business multinationals want to venture into Africa and are looking to set up HQs in Africa, Kenya leverages on hosting bodies such as UNEP which has alot of expatriates working(there must be lots of office space), eating(lots of world class restaurants and eating places) and living (world class hotels and real estate) in kenya.
So UNEP doesn't run economic projects but its presence brings other bodies to start economic projects in kenya.
Some of multinational corporation based in Nairobi include

General electric, Google, IBM, Coca cola, visa,
Pfizer
PwC
Bharti Airtel
Huawei
Procter & Gamble

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2014

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2014

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
The Nairobi Safari Walk

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2014

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2014

Albino Zebra

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2014
Gavillant should like win an award or something, or be appointed an ambassador for kenya.

Anyway, could you be able to get pics of Kenyatta University, there lots of development there
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
Must watch latest video from Kenya Tourims Board- See all the nice places to visit in kenya in 3 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziWkM_6SfbY
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
denisfidha: Gavillant should like win an award or something, or be appointed an ambassador for kenya.

Anyway, could you be able to get pics of Kenyatta University, there lots of development there

Thanks.The whole city is abuzz with construction. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ngong Racecourse

Home of the Kenya Derby. Horse racing has been ongoing here for over 100 years

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2014

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2014
Am posting this Nairobi down town photo in protest of neglect of low income residental areas.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.