Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,654 members, 7,851,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1582327 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

Mwanamwiwa

This photo is the best thing to have happened on this thread. Gives a temporal, even a spatial perspective to Nairobi's growth. I wish it was dated. Looking back at it (in temporal perspective) you begin to understand one thing: that although Nairobi has metamorphosed infrastructurally, successive governments have hardly expanded from the original template the British left of the city which did not envisage the kind of demographic explosion the city has witnessed. Thus the choking concentration of too much in too little a space as well as the movement of traffic (human and vehicular) radially inwards during the day and outwards in the evenings making simple traffic regulation a nightmare, can be explained. It is reassuring to see the concept of satellite cities coming to the rescue albeit late in the planning day.

But this photo is is a real gem which everyone can jivunia. Au sio?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2009
Thanks for the positive feedback,naliakar smiley

Update,Delta Corner,Westlands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2009
Dont know if you guys remember this project.

Say hello to Southern credit insurance co. HQ. (I think).

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2009
@mwanamiwa.
nice job men,keep it up.

is the Delta hotel project taken off?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:47am On Sep 24, 2009
Thanks. smileyI will check with my contacts about the Delta Hotel.

The first boutique brewery-bar-restaurant in East and Central Africa

Sierra Brasserie-Mombasa Rd.

http://www.sierrabrasserie.com/

before completion

After

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:49am On Sep 24, 2009
Zen Gardens Nairobi - Boutique Bar & Restaurant

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:55am On Sep 24, 2009
Kenyans love to party,the tourists are not drawn by the animals,but the Kenyan nightlife grin, I will post a few.

Zen Gardens Nairobi - Courtesy of VIP Fridays FB

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:58am On Sep 24, 2009
Acapulco restaurant and bar - Westlands, Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:59am On Sep 24, 2009
More to come! wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 2:17am On Sep 25, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

More to come!  wink

I don't need more. With the last round of  photos you have posted, I am off to Nairobi. And no Kenyan dare stop me. Incidentally I just attended a public lecture by the Kenyan Prime Minister, Raila Odinga at the  Kennedy  School- Harvard Cambridge. I was amused at his quip that he is half Nigerian as he responded to Nigerian lady who wanted to know more about the rationale for continued ethnicity in African politics. That man is quick on his feet and displayed a sound and  informed mind. Makes me love NBI now.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 5:55am On Sep 25, 2009
@naliakar

you made ma day,no words.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by ikeyman00(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2009
@@@^^^^

right

yea

lookin=words
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Naliaka
that is very good of you, I am impressed with the new attitude. We are all African and we should be happy of our success as Africans
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2009
Thanks everybody for the comments.As someone said we are all AFRICANS>

Moi avenue.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2009
New park, Nairobi railway station.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2009
kariz75:

@ Naliaka
that is very good of you, I am impressed with the new attitude. We are all African and we should be happy of our success as Africans

Kariz75

You should have known by now that nothing beats beer, beauties and the ambiance around these two elements. I did not know that so many Naija beauties travel south to party in NBI's new and beautiful restaurants and  dancing joints. This should explain my inclination to travel to NBI pronto. My visa is being processed.

On a serious note however, the last round of photos that Mwanamwiwa posted brought in a new element in the thread, namely the human element. the beauty of the still photos of those tall glass buildings and other attractive infrastructure, is the satisfaction that comes with  the knowledge and assurances that human  activities take place within those walls. That live, hard working and visionary men and women inhabit them. This theme appeared briefly on pages 35-36 with the focus on the rugby and cricket going-ons in Mwamba rugby grounds and Gymkhana respectively but suddenly disappeared only to reappear in the last round with irresistible impressions. If only there could be more of say Hillary Clinton, dancing at the Carnivore, Raila and Bishop Wanjiru flagging slum dwellers from old Kibera to the New High rise (there is a footage of this I believe), students coming out of schools etc, the thread would have added value. It is in this light that I reconsidered leaving Enugu for NBI albeit temporarily. You will notice that this the most visited thread in Nairaland and it does a lot to showcase human interaction amid the hard stone and glass structures that speak well of the city.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by kariz75: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2009
@Naliakar,
Whatever motivation you have, i am glad you now like the city and i hope you have a good time when you get there.
I try to make there every end xmas and everytime time i go it is like a new city.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2009
Thanks guys and naliakar for that great observation, I will try to balance the pics as much as I can. smiley

In the meantime,

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by ikeyman00(m): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2009
@@@@

do buildin multiply itselves in kenya??

just wonderin

or poster as a fellow that em migrated from massia forset to nairobi; u no believe ur brown eyes all these nice house will dey have pages and pages

nice doe
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2009
Seriously ikeyman,how old are you?Did mama let you use the computer? angry
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2009
[B]Eastlands Sprawl[/B]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2009
Homes in Runda Suburb

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2009
Steves Steak House Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2009
The Game in Kenya

a few more

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
How come there are more white people than Kenyans partying in these pictures?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gamine(f): 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
I think its high time these Kenyans pack their load to their own forum

han han angry angry angry angry

which kain by force by force campaign is this.

as if nepa no take light as i dey dem airport

shior.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
How come there are more white people than Kenyans partying in these pictures?

Tourists?Most white Kenyans keep in the suburbs or farms.Not surprising coz Kenya is ranked fourth in tourist arrivals in Africa after SA,Egypt and Morocco.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2009
Hurlingham,Kilimani and Ngong Road area.

Commercial

Residential

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
Here's another project. Still dont know the name yet.

Its right next door to the business park and Safaricom HQ's.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2009
New Apartments

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.