Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,701 members, 7,851,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:20 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1582357 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:32am On Oct 03, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:36am On Oct 03, 2009
Here are some countryside pics between Eldoret and Nakuru in the Rift valley province.

Wheat fields around Wareng near Eldoret.

Some cows grazing.

Around the Burnt Forest area.

From Burnt Forest.

Farm growing potatoes (white flowers).

Maize farm.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:42am On Oct 03, 2009
[B]Sotik, Rift Valley Province.[/B]

Guest house in Sotik.

Inside a tea factory in Sotik.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by SeanT21(f): 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2009
Beautiful.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 6:24am On Oct 06, 2009
@Mwanamwiwa.
If mark Twin were to be freely paraphrased "heaven could have been moulded on Kericho". That is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Even from my Naija station at Enugu, I still smell the freshness of the area. The Sotik pictures reveal this just too well. If only you capped this section with a picture of the famous Kericho Tea Hotel.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:58am On Oct 08, 2009
Thanks naliakar smileyThe Kenyan countryside is just amazing sad thing is most pple,esp Kenyans dont take time to appreciate this.

Mt Kenya's peaks and farm in the Laikipia plains. (Central Province).

Ploughed fields on the other side of the mountain in Timau, Eastern Province.

[/
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:02am On Oct 08, 2009
Lets go on safari.

Lake Nakuru - October 2008 pics

Deloraine House Hotel,Nakuru

Horse Back Safaris

Knowing what lurks in the Kenyan rivers, I think this is crazy!!

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:08am On Oct 08, 2009
Last batch smiley

Kenya Methodist University, Meru- Eastern Province.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by blackspade(m): 7:19am On Oct 08, 2009
Great stuff, thanks man! cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:40am On Oct 10, 2009
Ur are welcome blackspade. cheesy

Mombasa Road.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:47am On Oct 10, 2009
Mombasa road towards Athi river. They are still constructing it and it looks almost like what they are doing on Thika road (8 lanes), or maybe the side lanes are just access roads (like on Waiyaki way in Westlands).

Alot of residential and industrial developments are coming up.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:56am On Oct 10, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by DisGuy: 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2009
Is that a private university?

Great pictures, did you see how the elephants charged at the horse, those tourists are brave!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2009
@ mwanamwiwa

One of the places I enjoyed staying at when in Kenya was the Mt Kenya safari Club in Nanyuki. It came to mind after seeing the pictures you posted as you went round Mt Kenya to Timau and on to the Methodist university. Pictures of Mt Kenya safari club would enrich this section a great deal. Along with the Aberdare Country Club and Outspan and Treetops Hotels. A picture of the grave of the world's founder of the scouts movement Badden Powell also sits in this area (in Nyeric town). These pictures would be wonderful additions to this section.

But that is only because Mt. Kenya Safari club in Nanyuki is the closest thing Kenyans have that would compare favourably to the beauty of Naija's Obudu cattle ranch.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:30am On Oct 11, 2009
naliakar!Am at awe as to your knowledge of Kenya.Respect. wink

For you,

Aberdare Country Club.

Nice resort, and you can play golf while watching wild animals in the nearby bushes.

I love the scenery.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by DisGuy: 11:46am On Oct 11, 2009
Is those flamingoes were in nigeria, they'd have been extinct by now!!

in fact they will be called 'local delicacies' aka bushmeat!! grin
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 9:13am On Oct 12, 2009
@mwanamiwa

i had time to be in nairobi over the weekend and i was amazed by its developments,however much more needs to be done.i saw a fly over project at the globe round about and more interestingly,there is tower under construction at the juction of koinange street and muktardada street,vertically opposite nakumatt life style.

i never had a camera with me,would have taken some pics.i was really fascinated by the developments along mombasa road,that was amazing.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:01am On Oct 13, 2009
Thanks Dis Guy.Its human nature,in Kenya we ve been left with no alternative but to fence some parks and impose long sentences on poarchers.

@ chinook,Mombasa rd and all of Kenya is booming even after the skirmishes last year,all thanks to the resilience of Kenyans and good leadership,so far. smileyI attribute the developments to the improvement done on Mombasa Road itself.

More on Mombasa Road.

The Sameer business centre project. One of the BPO centres coming up in the city.

Update cheesy

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2009
Dis Guy:

Is those flamingoes were in nigeria, they'd have been extinct by now!!

in fact they will be called 'local delicacies' aka bushmeat!! grin

Are you an illiterate agbero? Why tell lies about Naija. Where in Nigeria are flamingos considered food. Abeg, talk for yourself. In the East we don't eat flamingos. I have traveled widely in Nigeri and I can assure you that from Sokoto to Yobe and Borno: from Akwa Ibom to Ogun and nowhere do they prize game meat. For your info it is a testimony to Naija's love of animals that our Elephants are way bigger than the ones you find in Kenya or Southern Africa and our Giraffes even taller. Have you been to The Kainji, Cross River or Gashaka-Gumti national parks?Dont feed the ego of these Kenyans abe.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2009
Welcome to Kenya, Discover the Magic of Africa[color=#006600][/color]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nphe6O8TXy8&feature=related
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2009
[B]All white pool party at the Tribe Hotel- Nairobi[/B]

Loadsa pix ,  enjoy grin

Black Twang

Nonini

Klepto

Akon

Nameless + Ajuma Nasenyana

(For those who watch mtv base in the UK ajuma is the hand model during interludes and program starts)

Susan Owiyo

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 1:44am On Oct 15, 2009
@Mwanamwiwa
This is unfair. You think Naija has no beauties to match? And where were these pictures taken? The hotel venue I mean. Looks more Abuja to me.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2009
The event was held at the Tribe Hotel,Nairobi.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2009
Ingawaje the name is curious, That Tribe place is cosy. Makes for a mouth watering prospect. In what part of NBI is it by the way?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:53am On Oct 16, 2009
Ingawaje the name is curious, That Tribe place is cosy. Makes for a mouth watering prospect. In what part of NBI is it by the way?

Its situated in Gigiri,opposite the Village market mall.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:33am On Oct 16, 2009
Only in Nairobi, grin

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 16, 2009
^^

they have ostriches as well? Thats to be expected I suppose.

Not sure we have any in Nigeria.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by DisGuy: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2009
naliakar:

Are you an illiterate agbero? Why  tell lies about Naija. Where in Nigeria are flamingos considered food. Abeg, talk for yourself. In the East we don't eat flamingos. I have traveled widely in Nigeri and I can assure you that from Sokoto to Yobe and Borno: from Akwa Ibom to Ogun and nowhere do they prize game meat. For your info it is a testimony to Naija's love of animals that our Elephants are way bigger than the ones you find in Kenya or Southern Africa and our Giraffes even taller. Have you been to The Kainji, Cross River  or Gashaka-Gumti national parks?Dont feed the ego of these Kenyans abe.

You are the blind one, why do you think we don't have ostrich and the likes? there are many animals in other parts of africa where we share the same climate not present in nigeria and you know why?? We bloody ate those things! Just the other day on NTA the governor of a SW state had to chase away a farmer who came to display three buffaloes
In a country where they openly eat dogs-a supposedly domesticated animal is eaten with all sense of seriousness-why wont they eat flamingoes if they are available

the elephant I saw on nta looks like it was forgotten in a nazi camp!
tongue

the Kenyans have obviously invested in their reserves and thanks to nature they are reaping the benefits -well done to them!!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 12:50am On Oct 17, 2009
Dis Guy:

You are the blind one, why do you think we don't have ostrich and the likes? there are many animals in other parts of africa where we share the same climate not present in nigeria and you know why?? We bloody ate those things! Just the other day on NTA the governor of a SW state had to chase away a farmer who came to display three buffaloes
In a country where they openly eat dogs-a supposedly domesticated animal is eaten with all sense of seriousness-why wont they eat flamingoes if they are available

the elephant I saw on nta looks like it was forgotten in a nazi camp!
tongue

the Kenyans have obviously invested in their reserves and thanks to nature they are reaping the benefits -well done to them!!

We have plenty of Ostriches at Chingurmi in the Chad basin national Park. But the elephant forgotten in a NAZI camp? that made my day. LOL. You saw a sick one may be. Naija Elephants are big and healthy. We know they are there which is why we dont flaunt them like these Kenyans do.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:29am On Oct 17, 2009
lol!Bigger elephants, anyway,if Nigeria has wildlife well and good.I only posted them coz naliakar claimed she didnt want to see nice buldings only.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 4:32am On Oct 17, 2009
Proposed Landmark High-rise Building in Nairobi, Kenya.( designed by K P See Architect)

Kenyatta University: Proposed Post-Modern Library 2008

This library project is for a state-of the art library to accommodate 21,000 users and more. The library design involves an axis approach with two branches of offices and reading spaces as well as recreational spaces like a cafeteria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.