Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,643 members, 7,851,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:25 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1582321 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2009
New estate along Thika road.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:14pm On Nov 15, 2009
Only in Nairobi. shocked

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 8:05am On Nov 16, 2009
@naliakar,seemingly you have nairobi at your hear,at last,kudos to mwanamiwa for his relentless effort to show the beauty of nairobi.when did you study at the univesity of nairobi?

@mwanamiwa
thanks men for nice pic,do you have any recent pics on Delta projects?

i understand that somenone,i don't whether its a cooprate,has acquired the NSSF prime land adjacent to the now famous laico regecy hotel for development,any idea on this?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 3:27am On Nov 17, 2009
chinook:

@naliakar,seemingly you have nairobi at your hear,at last,kudos to mwanamiwa for his relentless effort to show the beauty of nairobi.when did you study at the univesity of nairobi?

@mwanamiwa
thanks men for nice pic,do you have any recent pics on Delta projects?

i understand that somenone,i don't whether its a cooprate,has acquired the NSSF prime land adjacent to the now famous laico regecy hotel for development,any idea on this?

That was a long time ago. I left in 90. But still with inalienable interests in Nairobi and Kenya. Besides, Nairobians need to learn a few things from Nigeria for their prosperity.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:32am On Nov 18, 2009

I saw the article on the paper.Its a new hotel.

InterCon to to open second five-star hotel in Nairobi

Posted Monday, November 2 2009 at 00:00

The InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) will on Monday morning announce its investments plans that will see it open a new five star hotel in a bid to capture the growing conference and business travellers market.

The new 182 room hotel, Crowne Plaza, will be opened next month in Nairobi’s growing Upper Hill and it comes at a time when the country is witnessing the recovery of the tourism industry.

This will be IHG second five starbrand in Kenya after the Inter Continental Hotel and it sets the stage for a control of conference and business travellers among city hotels, including Hilton, Serena and Sarova.

“We trust this market and we are here to stay because our Nairobi hotel has been doing well despite the economic downturn,” said Karl Hala, the group’s director of operations in Africa and the General Manger of the Nairobi hotel.

Boost presence

The five-star hotel is expected to help the group boost its presence in the country and tap into the Nairobi market that is first emerging as the regions hub for leisure, conference and business tourism.

Local tourism is showing strong signs of recovery after suffering from last years post-election violence and the financial crisis that pushed world travel to record lows.

Official data show that tourism earnings rose 10 per cent to Sh36.64 billion in the first half of the year and the sector is optimistic it could reach the 2007 highs of Sh65 billion with two million guests.

The 2007 boom was short-lived due to the post-election violence and the financial crisis that affected the world economy.

The change is attributed to increased marketing and efforts to reach out to new zones in the last eight months of the year— a campaign expected to continue in the industry’s recovery path.

As a result, players such as IHG are angling to get a larger piece of this market.

Globally, IHG owns Holiday Inn, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, and InterContinental Hotels.

Crowne Plaza is part of the group’s expansion plans in the region where it has planned to open up to eight new units in coming months.

IHG has its sights set on moving to Angola, Nigeria, Tanzania, Senegal and South Africa.

Africa is currently the focus of many other hospitality groups who are looking at the potential of investing in the region.

For Fairmont group acquiring properties from Lonhro in 2005 was a step into moving into the region.

Since then it has refurbished three of the key properties - Norfolk, Mount Kenya Safari Club and Mara Safari - to Fairmont standards, it also acquired a property in Zanzibar.

IHG has had presence in the Kenyan market for 40 years, having celebrated its birthday over the weekend, under the InterContinental Hotel in Nairobi, which the Kenyan government has a 33.8 per cent stake.

The group though had to struggle last year following the slump in the sector that saw room occupancy slightly impacted.

However, business travel sustained the unit during the rough patch.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:33am On Nov 18, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:36am On Nov 18, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:41am On Nov 18, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:39am On Nov 20, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:42am On Nov 20, 2009
[img]http://www.cedcc.psu.edu/khanjan/ccKenya/109_Uhuru%20Monument,%20Nairobi.JPG[/img]
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:44am On Nov 20, 2009
SALESIANS OF DON BOSCO Catholic church and college of theology

[img]http://www.architect.cc/theolo3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.architect.cc/theolo2.jpg[/img]
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:47am On Nov 20, 2009
South B suburb

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:50am On Nov 20, 2009
Aga khan Academy,Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 2:09am On Nov 21, 2009
Waiyaki way (A1)-Westlands.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 2:11am On Nov 21, 2009
The Citadel - Westlands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 2:18am On Nov 21, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 2:20am On Nov 21, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 2:21am On Nov 21, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 2:22am On Nov 21, 2009
Brookhouse School - Karen, Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 2:25am On Nov 21, 2009
The city in the sun.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africhika(f): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2009

beautiful beautiful. that village on the lake was nice.

poster, do u know k24, the tv station?

Thanks.I do know about K24 but my favourite is Nation TV.

what's the difference btw the 2 stations and what do u know about k24?

i'm a graduate journalism student and i'm supposed to be doing an internship at k24 summer 2010
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 6:33am On Nov 24, 2009
which station is this. What is the proprietorship?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by sunboy(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2009
Please wat is the cheapest hotel rate i can find near airport in nairobi
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
what's the difference btw the 2 stations and what do u know about k24?

i'm a graduate journalism student and i'm supposed to be doing an internship at k24 summer 2010

They have different ownership.Nation Tv is owned by the Nation Media Group while I dont know who owns K24 but its not the Govt.Welcome to Kenya and enjoy.

Please wat is the cheapest hotel rate i can find near airport in nairobi

It depends on how deep yur pockets are but you will find tonnes of hotels ranging from 5 star to bed and breakfast.I really dont know the rates.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2009

Times Tower

CBD

Nairobi Law Courts

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2009
Panari Sky Centre - Mombasa Rd.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
McMillan Library - CBD

Kenyatta Avenue

Standard Street

NSSF-National Social Security Fund

Uhuru Park

Phones

cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
KICC - Kenyatta International Confrence Centre

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.