Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1582295 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 3:34am On Nov 01, 2009
One thing that beats me about the Mara is that it is famous for something other than her own wonders. I understand that without the Serengeti, there would be no Mara. The wildebeests that create a spectacle every year they migrate are actually Tanzanian. Why is it that Kenyans are the ones reaping from these creatures and not Tanzania. Something fishy here.

I understand that the same scenario plays out with Mt Kilimanjaro. Tourists who wish to visit Africa's highest peak go to Kenya instead of Tanzania where Kilimanjaro is actually  located. What is it with Kenyans: reaping where they do not sow.

Funny, that you will never see pictures of black folk reclining near the swimming pool

Well, Naliakar and the like, keep puking hate against Kenya while your economies (without oil) are in a perpetual crisis. your governments are something to laugh about and your societies pretty much rotten.After all, why look at your own shit when its easier to look at the others? Like this you don't feel such a failure I suppose. angry

A constructive critic, Yes. Just to throw visceral and unlogical reason, Not. angry
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 4:14am On Nov 01, 2009
mwanamwiwa:

Well, Naliakar and the like, keep puking hate against Kenya while your economies (without oil) are in a perpetual crisis. your governments are something to laugh about and your societies pretty much rotten.After all, why look at your own shit when its easier to look at the others? Like this you don't feel such a failure I suppose. angry

A constructive critic, Yes. Just to throw visceral and unlogical reason, Not. angry

Easy! Easy! Mwanmwiwa. With such beautiful photos, criticism is the last distraction you wish for. Now that you are in western Kenya, do show us how beautiful Africa's largest Lake is. I understand it has beautiful features and pristine islands. I also know about strange rock formations that I never quite got to see. Do not forget these. One thing you will realize is that this thread is visited quite often and criticism is just as fine as it is informative.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:05am On Nov 02, 2009
?? angry
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:06am On Nov 02, 2009
The Nairobi Safari Walk.

This is a new concept introduced to the Nairobi national park where people can view wildlife while walking on a raised platform instead of the usual game drive through the park.

[quote][/QUOTE]
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:21am On Nov 02, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:26am On Nov 02, 2009
Camelot house - Westlands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:32am On Nov 02, 2009
Eden Square - Westlands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by vanitty: 6:37am On Nov 02, 2009
Never been there before, will love to
I have a kenyan friend, she is absolutely gorgeous
What I have realised is that if a kenyan lady is going to be beautiful, she is going to be very very. No half measures
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:39am On Nov 02, 2009
The Pride of Africa wink

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:40am On Nov 02, 2009
Aerial from Wilson airport.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:45am On Nov 02, 2009
Never been there before, will love to
I have a kenyan friend, she is absolutely gorgeous
What I have realised is that if a kenyan lady is going to be beautiful, she is going to be very very. No half measures

Thanks and Karibu(Welcome) to Kenya. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2009
Riara suburb

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:51am On Nov 02, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:55am On Nov 02, 2009

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:15am On Nov 02, 2009
Parklands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2009

quite true, actually.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 5:58am On Nov 03, 2009
Norfolk Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:03am On Nov 03, 2009
Mamba Village - Karen

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:07am On Nov 03, 2009
Upper Hill Nairobi

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2009
Intercontinental Hotel, Nairobi.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2009
The Stanley Hotel -Nairobi.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
The Jacaranda trees are blooming again.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 6:54am On Nov 06, 2009
Muthaiga Country Club

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2009
@mwanamiwa

we have been appreciating the beauty of nairobi but when kenya want to be in the leagues of south africa and egypt then its high time they devolve city development to other towns.

the capital should now be moved to either eldoret or nakuru which still enjoy enormous land for expansion.

i was in nairobi recently and there was one tower coming up along muindu bingu at the intersection of muktada street,next to nakummatt life sytle,i was really fascinared by the building but i din't have a camera with me.i thinks it has reaches around 15th floor by now.

do you have any renders for the building?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by naliakar: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2009
chinook:

@mwanamiwa

we have been appreciating the beauty of nairobi but when kenya want to be in the leagues of south africa and egypt then its high time they devolve city development to other towns.

the capital should now be moved to either eldoret or nakuru which still enjoy enormous land for expansion.

i was in nairobi recently and there was one tower coming up along muindu bingu at the intersection of muktada street,next to nakummatt life sytle,i was really fascinared by the building but i din't have a camera with me.i thinks it has reaches around 15th floor by now.

do you have any renders for the building?

Now Now. These Nairobi go tire me oh. But Chinook you do have a point. A few postings on this thread showed us what some other Kenyan Towns look like. but only Mombasa and Kisumu townships featured. I would love to see pictures of other Kenyan cities. Mwanamwiwa has done great in the last couple of pictures by giving life to the beauty of NBI. She has also shown the beauty of the countryside. Now let us see the beauty of say Athi River or Machakos or Nyeri townships.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2009
why am being reffered as a She?.

Chinook

the capital should now be moved to either eldoret or nakuru  which still enjoy enormous land for expansion.

i was in nairobi recently and there was one tower coming up along muindu bingu at the intersection of muktada  street,next to nakummatt life sytle,i was really fascinared by the building but i din't have a camera with me.i thinks it has reaches around  15th floor by now.

do you  have any renders for the building?

I wouldnt say that coz Nakuru and Eldoret are around our breadbasket and we dont want large human migrations to the new capital.Its also very expensive to transfer a capital city or build one like Abuja coz frankly we cant afford it.Kenyan officials are not saints so some of the money will disappear,maybe most of it.The best way to go is improving infrastracture , provide better services in other cities and towns.Also a free democratic society must be guaranteed and leave the rest to the ingenuity of the Kenyan people.Thats my take and am open for critism.

About the tower in Muktada street,I will get some infor on it.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:51pm On Nov 08, 2009
Apartments in Kilimani suburb

[img]http://www.laljimeghji.com/images/photo_gallery/Randrolf-Apart-(1)_Large.jpg[/img]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2009
Aga Khan walk - C.B.D

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:49am On Nov 10, 2009
Kisumu City - Nyanza Province

City hall

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by mwanamwiwa: 12:50am On Nov 10, 2009
United Mall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.