Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday (36831 Views)

Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row (Photos) / Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) / Canaan City; Images From A House Purchased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by HigherEd: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2019
It is all well and good to minister to people’s souls, but without a roof over their heads, clothes on their bodies and food in their stomachs, the sheep will assuredly stray from the flock. Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel is cognizant of this truth that escapes the mind of other men of God. Hence he always incorporates community schemes into his broader mission of soul winning.

The stupendously rich pastor who presides over one of the biggest congregations in the southern hemisphere is a maverick of no mean repute who has invested far and wide and boasts perhaps the biggest business portfolio in the body of Christ. While it is undeniable that the Overlord of Canaanland attracts wealth by the lorry load, a lesser acknowledged fact is how every scheme he engages in is carried out with the benefit of his burgeoning congregation in mind.

And now the charismatic and explosive man of God is at it again. The dream of a gigantic housing estate-cum-mini city which was floated few years back has materialized. The huge complex of colourful homes and first-rate amenities is said to comprise up to 15 000 residences, ranging from a single bedroom apartment to multi-bedroom mansions.

Related Post

Transcorp Hilton Promises Easter Treat for Families

Indaba: Africans Urged to Change Continent’s Narrative

The best part of the humongous superestate dubbed Canaan City Estate is its self-sustaining model. In a move comparable to the famed Eko Atlantic project, it will have its own markets, parks and gardens, sports centres, pipe-borne water system, police department, fire and medical services, and power generation. Everything will be connected together by a network of fine roads that look like they were transplanted straight from a First-World country.

It is no news that when he founded Covenant and Landmark universities, two of the best private schools in the country, he decreed preferential treatment for members of his church when it comes to admissions. It is more of the same with the current project. According to those in the know, the Canaanland Housing project is adopting a strict “Church Members First” policy before outsiders are considered.

With repayment mortgages of up to 30 years on offer for the houses which are up for sale at mouth-watering prices, the Canaan City Estate has become a hot cake among property lovers who are rushing to buy before the prices balloon out of pocket range.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/04/07/bishop-david-oyedepo-wins-with-canaan-city-estate/?amp

Photos of the First estate Immediately after construction ended.

Each estate contains about 300 houses and are gated even within Canaancity

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by HigherEd: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2019
I don't like how they call it an estate, canaancity is nearly twice of Ikeja in land area.

Canaancity is a bit above 8,000 hectares which is 80 Km2. Ikeja is 49km2. I may be wrong if Google information about Ikeja Land size is wrong. But as I checked ikeja's land size is 49km2.

Anyone with contrary information can share. But for now I stand with my assertion.

Cc codetemplar

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by CodeTemplar: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2019
People are beginning to notice and that's good. Imagine, it is being compared to eko Atlantic project already. I hope haters don't derail a good observation with the usual " some members can't afford it" line of thought. Nobody plans for poverty consciously.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by generationz(f): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2019
While some people are still mourning about whether or not poor members get preferential treatments , winners church members are enjoying a goal driven ,visionary leader

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by barojana: 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
CodeTemplar:
People are beginning to notice and that's good. Imagine, it is being comparing it to eko Atlantic project already. I hope haters don't derail a good observation with the usual " some members can't afford it" line of thought. Nobody plans for poverty consciously.
The same duplex winners is selling 35 million is being sold by adron for 70 -90 million naira in the same Ota. And I don't think adron has the sort of services canaancity offers. So anyone who talks down on the church is saying rubbish... There are spaces for high rise buildings in the future plan and it would accommodate thousands of people. 90% of Winners adult members would be ablte to afford the housing self.

The only thing I hope they are working on is how to bring in the business community into that place. I advise the Bishop to reserve a chunk of the land for an industrial estate. The presence of 24/7 electricity and good road networks would be too enticing for businesses to pass over. And with that, banks would start moving in. The presence of a thriving middle class of hundreds of thousands of people would further encourage other businesses to come in.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by barojana: 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
However a word of caution to Winners family and Oyedepo. I'm saying this as a christian. Canaancity that I saw with my eyes is too big to have a strict Christian identity. It would spark unnecessary debates if Muslims are in anyway shape of form excluded from this city. How can a citizen of this country be exempted from a city within Nigeria based on religious affiliations.

When the church finally opens to member of the public it must sell to Muslims, traditionalist and atheists too, because the land was procured from both Christians , Traditionalist and Muslims and the land still belongs to Nigeria.

We enjoy amazing peace and coexistence here in Ogun State, between Christians and Muslims. And our peace over the years has been a product of mutual brotherly respect not grandstanding.

Also, the church for the love of God should avoid running a business monopoly. Schools, hospitals, market should be open to everybody to invest in. These are issues that can cause problem in the future.

Lastly, It would be interesting to see whether Winners would allow RCCG fulfill her aggressive church planting system inside Canaancity. If rccg and winners fail this test, then if anyone complains of too much churches in Lagos then we should all just shut up.

Canaancity and Redemption city should take note...

22 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
The Church is marching on and the Gates of Hell cannot prevail!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Factfinder1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
God bless me like you have blessed Bishop David oyedepo Amen

19 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by kiiingemmy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
cool
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by twilliamx(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Gsteve01(m): 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ok.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by seunaj: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
I know that some goddam people will still come here and rant that the estate should have been given free to the less privileged members, but in reality they would probably never think of a cheap housing estate for the privileged members if they were in his shoes. Good gesture and thumbs up Bishop

7 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Keywordconcept(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good development

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Funkybabee(f): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
More blessing... I'm a dominion

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by miketayo(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
HigherEd:
I don't like how they call it an estate, Canaancity is nearly twice of Ikeja's land area

Cc codetemplar

Hmmmm twice Ikeja land area .. I hail, just say it's bigger than Lagos

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Lotel: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good one from them.. Money coming from everywhere.

Haters right now..

8 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by pentax(m): 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:
However a word of caution to Winners family and Oyedepo. I'm saying this as a christian. Canaancity that I saw with my eyes is too big to have a strict Christian identity. It would spark unnecessary debates if Muslims are in anyway shape of form excluded from this city. How can a citizen of this country be exempted from a city within Nigeria based on religious affiliations.

When the church finally opens to member of the public it must sell to Muslims, traditionalist and atheists too, because the land was procured from both Christians , Traditionalist and Muslims and the land still belongs to Nigeria.

We enjoy amazing peace and coexistence here in Ogun State, between Christians and Muslims. And our peace over the years has been a product of mutual brotherly respect not grandstanding.

Also, the church for the love of God should avoid running a business monopoly. Schools, hospitals, market should be open to everybody to invest in. These are issues that can cause problem in the future.

Lastly, It would be interesting to see whether Winners would allow RCCG fulfill her aggressive church planting system inside Canaancity. If rccg and winners fail this test, then if anyone complains of too much churches in Lagos then we should all just shut up.

Lalasticlala
Can Al-Hikmah or fountain University do what you just said?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by phransix2: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
Churches now playing role of Governments... Providing basic amenities

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by yerokunphilips: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
The church of God is marching on and nothing can stop her .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by pavoda: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
LOL Daylight Stealing!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by evil1: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
cant imagine all my neighbours attending same church with me.
if u wan win soul, were will u start from

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Funkybabee(f): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:

Lalasticlala

What did you mean the land was procured from muslim christian and traditionalist biko did they say that Oyedepo didn't pay his dues fully because I can't understand ur point here

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by FhukaFhuka: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
cheesy
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by nazablossom(f): 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
This is what our government should be engaging in but they won't. They keep making empty promises.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Kingjames(m): 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
forget rit...evidence of malachai 3vs10

it's our money

proceed from tithes, offering, first fruit, new comers, seed, I mean seeds, sowing.

mtchew
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by thankfulsoul: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
lovely place to be. I am staying there. My view now. But the hype too much. Canaancity is not as. Big as the poster is portraying it. Canaanland is even bigger than Canaancity. Abeg Oyedepo na correct businessman

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
Haters of Pastors can hug high tension.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Kingspin(m): 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
When will government own project ever look like this?

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Kennyfancy(m): 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
barojana:

Lalasticlala
They should even allow you to bring Brothel girls inside the Estate just to please U, Ode like you

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by CodeTemplar: 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
miketayo:

Hmmmm twice Ikeja land area .. I hail, just say it's bigger than Lagos
It may end up being bigger than Lagos because developers are already seeing the nearest future prospect of that axis as a high brow area and are expanding it already by situating new estates around Canaan city. What's the size of Ikeja by the way.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by SamOyovwi: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2019
I like something here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vera Uwaila: Apostle Suleman To Give N1 Million To Any With Reliable Information / COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings / Offiah Identical Twins To Be Ordained As Catholic Priests Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.