Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday (36846 Views)

Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row (Photos) / Inside Canaan City, The Home Of Winners (Pictures) / Canaan City; Images From A House Purchased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by ismart: 8:43am On Apr 17, 2019
lilwetdick:

ok..people that talk like you are poor in real life. we do not have to associate with each other in real life because me myself find it hard to associate with dreamers and people living in fantasy or those drunk with motivational books
lol... dreamers? Even here on Nairaland,I have given people the key to making money for themselves and some of them have gone on to make as much as 1M-3M for themselves... of course, under a different moniker. A kid in his early 20s made his first 1M in 2015 by virtue of the foundation I laid, The highest money he ever got from his own parents is not even up 50k.

Just 4 days back, one of them called me on my birthday and we got talking.He told me bro, I think I got another deal and by conversion it is over 1M as well. This one has been able to set up a small transport business from the proceed he made from the foundation I laid.

Dude, we are miles apart and do not have anything in common. it will be tragic to have someone like you around. You wreak of so much negativity in a world of so much abundance.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 17, 2019
ismart:
lol... dreamers? Even here on Nairaland,I have given people the key to making money for themselves and some of them have gone on to make as much as 1M-3M for themselves... of course, under a different moniker. A kid in his early 20s made his first 1M in 2015 by virtue of the foundation I laid, The highest money he ever got from his own parents is not even up 50k.

Just 4 days back, one of them called me on my birthday and we got talking.He told me bro, I think I got another deal and by conversion it is over 1M as well. This one has been able to set up a small transport business from the proceed he made from the foundation I laid.

Dude, we are miles apart and do not have anything in common. it will be tragic to have someone like you around. You wreak of so much negativity in a world of so much abundance.

pls stop your story telling..i know people like you....they start saying all these nonsense just to hype themselves, i know when they are lying, dont dont think i am naive... this is not the first time i will hear stories and bragging like this on a faceless forum, na naija we dey and i wasn't born yesterday... you are just a dreamer.... so you think business is about positive thinking and some reading of motivational books.. pls wake up from your slumber and stop your lies, no proof..no believe..sorry na naija we dey.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by ismart: 9:37am On Apr 17, 2019
lilwetdick:

pls stop your story telling..i know people like you....they start saying all these nonsense just to hype themselves, i know when they are lying, dont dont think i am naive... this is not the first time i will hear stories and bragging like this on a faceless forum, na naija we dey and i wasn't born yesterday... you are just a dreamer.... so you think business is about positive thinking and some reading of motivational books.. pls wake up from your slumber and stop your lies, no proof..no believe..sorry na naija we dey.
LWKMD.. like i said, you are so close minded. Anybody that comes in contact with u is in danger cos they will never rise.... all you see is lies, negativity. You celebrate poverty and penury... tueh!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2019
ismart:
LWKMD.. like i said, you are so close minded. Anybody that comes in contact with u is in danger cos they will never rise.... all you see is lies, negativity. You celebrate poverty and penury... tueh!

yes i am close minded to lies... now why accusing me of the stuff i accused you of..it shows how shady you are.

i dont need people to come in contact with me because i am a realist and not drunk on motivational speech.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by ismart: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2019
lilwetdick:

yes i am close minded to lies... now why accusing me of the stuff i accused you of..it shows how shady you are.

i dont need people to come in contact with me because i am a realist and not drunk on motivational speech.
motivational? realist? lol bro, just visit the business section more to save ur life. That is the only thing I have to tell you. Though, the glorious days of that section is over, but you can still find some life jacket to sustain you and who knows, you may stumble on one of my contents there grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2019
ismart:
motivational? realist? lol bro, just visit the business section more to save ur life. That is the only thing I have to tell you. Though, the glorious days of that section is over, but you can still find some life jacket to sustain you and who knows, you may stumble on one of my contents there grin

dude i dont need business section to get what i want
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2019
barojana:
However a word of caution to Winners family and Oyedepo. I'm saying this as a christian. Canaancity that I saw with my eyes is too big to have a strict Christian identity. It would spark unnecessary debates if Muslims are in anyway shape of form excluded from this city. How can a citizen of this country be exempted from a city within Nigeria based on religious affiliations.

When the church finally opens to member of the public it must sell to Muslims, traditionalist and atheists too, because the land was procured from both Christians , Traditionalist and Muslims and the land still belongs to Nigeria.

We enjoy amazing peace and coexistence here in Ogun State, between Christians and Muslims. And our peace over the years has been a product of mutual brotherly respect not grandstanding.

Also, the church for the love of God should avoid running a business monopoly. Schools, hospitals, market should be open to everybody to invest in. These are issues that can cause problem in the future.

Lastly, It would be interesting to see whether Winners would allow RCCG fulfill her aggressive church planting system inside Canaancity. If rccg and winners fail this test, then if anyone complains of too much churches in Lagos then we should all just shut up.

Canaancity and Redemption city should take note...

Advice your Imam to build a city and sell houses to Christians in it. It's a two way thing.

Since you know how to advice people to use their money.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by blank(f): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
lilwetdick:

this is fact. Real estate and money laundering go hand in hand. This is a church that dont pay tax nor shows its earnings to govt. I can steal govt fund, buy a property there then resell it after 9month or a year, make a profit then report it as legal earning.if I am asked how i got money to buy the property, i will tell them I took a loan.

Churches do not ask a giver where he gets his or her money from. they collect your money and pray for you even if it is stolen fund.

So, the solution is for houses not to be sold because it could be money laundering or i did not quite get your point? All over the world, real estate has been an issue with regards to money laundering. Take Canada as an example. It is the government's responsibility to ensure there are strong enough rules to curb it. A church is not taxed but once it includes business ventures, those are taxed and earnings are declared to government.

Even the govt taxman does not ask where your money comes from. They collect their percentage and move on. They will even calculate to ensure they collect their full percentage.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
blank:

So, the solution is for houses not to be sold because it could be money laundering or i did not quite get your point? All over the world, real estate has been an issue with regards to money laundering. Take Canada as an example. It is the government's responsibility to ensure there are strong enough rules to curb it. A church is not taxed but once it includes business ventures, those are taxed and earnings are declared to government.

Even the govt taxman does not ask where your money comes from. They collect their percentage and move on. They will even calculate to ensure they collect their full percentage.

Nigeria is not canada...i think you are getting my point wrong, my point is corruption money mixing with churches, then this same church then tell you not to steal while they collect your stolen money in private.. is this not hypocrisy. How come in a land of the poor, the pastors are the richest, flying private jets while their member suffers, it shows their members are funding the lifestyle. if they stop, the pastor becomes poor

most of church businesses are not taxed here in Nigeria nor even the pastor's earning from sales of books and other materials, they rely on the concept that they are doing the public good even when they make a profit on sales of various business enterprises, there was a debate to start to tax churches in Nigeria but the churches worked hard to fight against it.

there is a reason why money laundering is a crime both in nigeria and all over the world because it is illegal earnings and they dont pay tax. the tax man do not care once you pay your tax as long as it is a legal business,you dont see the tax man telling the drug dealer to pay tax because it is illegal likewise you wount see the tax man taxing illicit funds. it is also the duty of the govt to monitor all illegal financial transactions that goes on within its systems that is why banks are fined once they break the law and also that is why corrupt officials keep their money under the bed and then launder it when the opportunities like this comes.

as i have written in one of my comment with you, govt officials on a small salary donate money in billions to many of these big churches, how do they get this money on a salary of 500,000 thousand per month, that means he or she steals, what stops them from bringing illicit funds to the church.

since the church wrote that it will sell its property to non-Christians, it is also the duty of the church to ask a property buyer where he gets his money from.. in this same Nigeria, a pastor rejected an offering worth billions of naira from a member without a traceable source of income.

there have been a lot of cases of people using the church to launder their cash, either by buying a property or donating for so called to support gods work.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by Sterope(f): 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
The tax man will ask If you have way more than you should. It is the reason criminals create fronts to clean their money. In America, some deposits will require the bank to notify the IRS.

blank:

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by baratech: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2019
HigherEd:
I don't like how they call it an estate, canaancity is nearly twice of Ikeja in land area.

Canaancity is a bit above 8,000 hectares which is 80 Km2. Ikeja is 49km2. I may be wrong if Google information about Ikeja Land size is wrong. But as I checked ikeja's land size is 49km2.

Anyone with contrary information can share. But for now I stand with my assertion.

Cc codetemplar

What should it be called?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by InansBobo(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2019
barojana:
However a word of caution to Winners family and Oyedepo. I'm saying this as a christian. Canaancity that I saw with my eyes is too big to have a strict Christian identity. It would spark unnecessary debates if Muslims are in anyway shape of form excluded from this city. How can a citizen of this country be exempted from a city within Nigeria based on religious affiliations.

When the church finally opens to member of the public it must sell to Muslims, traditionalist and atheists too, because the land was procured from both Christians , Traditionalist and Muslims and the land still belongs to Nigeria.

We enjoy amazing peace and coexistence here in Ogun State, between Christians and Muslims. And our peace over the years has been a product of mutual brotherly respect not grandstanding.

Also, the church for the love of God should avoid running a business monopoly. Schools, hospitals, market should be open to everybody to invest in. These are issues that can cause problem in the future.

Lastly, It would be interesting to see whether Winners would allow RCCG fulfill her aggressive church planting system inside Canaancity. If rccg and winners fail this test, then if anyone complains of too much churches in Lagos then we should all just shut up.

Canaancity and Redemption city should take note...

is the Canaan "city" a state? By what you're saying because I know the whole land mass there can't be up to half of the landspace of futmx that I know.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by dmakoy: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JfXR0wU6Uc

HigherEd:
It is all well and good to minister to people’s souls, but without a roof over their heads, clothes on their bodies and food in their stomachs, the sheep will assuredly stray from the flock. Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel is cognizant of this truth that escapes the mind of other men of God. Hence he always incorporates community schemes into his broader mission of soul winning.

The stupendously rich pastor who presides over one of the biggest congregations in the southern hemisphere is a maverick of no mean repute who has invested far and wide and boasts perhaps the biggest business portfolio in the body of Christ. While it is undeniable that the Overlord of Canaanland attracts wealth by the lorry load, a lesser acknowledged fact is how every scheme he engages in is carried out with the benefit of his burgeoning congregation in mind.

And now the charismatic and explosive man of God is at it again. The dream of a gigantic housing estate-cum-mini city which was floated few years back has materialized. The huge complex of colourful homes and first-rate amenities is said to comprise up to 15 000 residences, ranging from a single bedroom apartment to multi-bedroom mansions.

Related Post

Transcorp Hilton Promises Easter Treat for Families

Indaba: Africans Urged to Change Continent’s Narrative

The best part of the humongous superestate dubbed Canaan City Estate is its self-sustaining model. In a move comparable to the famed Eko Atlantic project, it will have its own markets, parks and gardens, sports centres, pipe-borne water system, police department, fire and medical services, and power generation. Everything will be connected together by a network of fine roads that look like they were transplanted straight from a First-World country.

It is no news that when he founded Covenant and Landmark universities, two of the best private schools in the country, he decreed preferential treatment for members of his church when it comes to admissions. It is more of the same with the current project. According to those in the know, the Canaanland Housing project is adopting a strict “Church Members First” policy before outsiders are considered.

With repayment mortgages of up to 30 years on offer for the houses which are up for sale at mouth-watering prices, the Canaan City Estate has become a hot cake among property lovers who are rushing to buy before the prices balloon out of pocket range.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/04/07/bishop-david-oyedepo-wins-with-canaan-city-estate/?amp

Photos of the First estate Immediately after construction ended.

Each estate contains about 300 houses and are gated even within Canaancity

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Wins With Canaan City Estate - Thisday by blank(f): 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
Sterope:
The tax man will ask If you have way more than you should. It is the reason criminals create fronts to clean their money. In America, some deposits will require the bank to notify the IRS.

Yes the banks do. And IRS will investigate if you are paying tax on all sources if income. That's why Al Capone and co were convicted on tax evasion and not on organized crime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Offiah Identical Twins To Be Ordained As Catholic Priests Same Day (Photos) / Reinhard Bonnke: "We Don’t Collect Offering At Our Crusades" / COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.