Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka (28693 Views)

Four Men Found Dead In One-room Apartment In Abraka After Eating Noodles / Lady Stabs 24-Year-Old Boyfriend To Death In Abraka, Delta (Graphic Photos) / Favour Ogheneyenrowho: 18-Year-Old Girl Killed In Abraka, Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2019
ABRAKA – A female student of the Delta State University, DELSU who is reported to have dropped out from the institution, has committed suicide at her Abraka residence in Ethiope East local government area of the state.

Giving details of the incident Monday, a security source from the Abraka Police station, gave the name of the victim as Tejiri Direia, 21.

The source who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the late Tejiri who is supposed to be a 300 level student of the Department of Nursing, had also enlisted for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination, UTME.

The source said: “She locked herself inside her apartment and consumed the poisonous substance. Her neighbours had to break into her apartment when they started perceiving an offensive smell from the room.

“By her lifeless body was a can of an empty insecticide. Her parents were immediately contacted and that was when it was discovered that she had since dropped out from the university and we believe she was forced to end her life out of frustration.”

Efforts to speak with the DELSU Public Relations Officer, Freeborn Aganbi were fruitless as at press time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/delsu-dropout-commits-suicide-at-abraka/amp/

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2019
Cc: Lalasticlala And Seun
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 16, 2019
Am sure the Guardian and Counselling unit of the school is a dead place. And in other schools too. If not, her situation would have been professionally handled and she would have been alive

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Niyiboi: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2019
I don't know why she would end her life this way. I gained admission into UNILAG at 19. She's just 21 and still young to start all over.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Niyiboi:
I don't know why she would end her life this way. I gained admission into UNILAG at 19. She's just 21 and still young to start all over.
Bro, Is Too Bad

2 Likes

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Teeq1234: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2019
Thia is sad sha oooo
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by ikombe: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
So because you dropout you decided to take your life. Mtchew angry

Contact me for your gym equipment wink

1 Share

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by finalboss(m): 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
memento mori
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by OgbanjeProphet: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
Blame Buhari!

Frustration leading Nigerians to do the unthinkable.
May her soul rest where it deserves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Onyekachi419(f): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
So so sad .
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Pavore9: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
So sad.
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by xynerise: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
Those days, suicide was not something that easily come across our minds. Now people see it as part of life experiences undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by MistadeRegal(m): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
embarassed

Suicide is never an option. But the issue is that even the person sitting or standing right next one might be depressed and having that strange mind telling them it's over and that they just have to give up while we might never even notice due to the hardship going on in the country which makes everyone believe you are on your own.
I know what it means to be depressed and contemplate suicide. So I'd never use the ignorant 'Wetin fit make person kill himself" because I have also used that ignorant term several times until I come to know it's beyond human control when that evil thought comes to your mind like it's the solution.

May her soul rest in peace.
Only it's sad that she wasn't so lucky to pull through safely.

22 Likes

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Pavore9: 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
kaorama:
Am sure Guardian and Counselling unit of the school is a dead place. And in other schools too. If not, her situation would have been professionally handled and would have been alive

I doubt if their unit is functional.

1 Like

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by SamOyovwi: 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
God help us
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
kaorama:
Am sure Guardian and Counselling unit of the school is a dead place. And in other schools too. If not, her situation would have been professionally handled and would have been alive

See you! Does guardian and counseling work in Nigeria with the frustration here and there?

Even some Guardians and Counselors are killing themselves already. undecided

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by flemsy15(m): 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
very high probability it was 'Sniper' insecticide, sniper is becoming popular for wrong reasons
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by JasonScoolari: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
The way young lads commit suicide nowadays, you would think there's a birthday party going on in Heaven every seconds.

3 Likes

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by prinsam30: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
I blame buhari for this
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by SamOyovwi: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Who wan commit suicide, na professionals dey help them
kaorama:
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Necksonnel: 3:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
prince3009:

See you! Does guardian and counseling work in Nigeria with the frustration here and there?

Even some Guardians and Counselors are killing themselves already.

Guardian and counselors killing themselves grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by dheaven: 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Its like Nigeria is competing to beat South Africa in suicide rate.
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by sparog(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
kaorama:

You're funny ooh

Does guardian and counseling unit do anything in our public schools?

This is Nigeria mbok, that unit is usually one of the most useless unit in public universities, even when a student goes there, dey usually don't have any help to render the student at d end

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Adaibeku(f): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Niyiboi:
shut up ,her blood is on u n ur tribes head

1 Like

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Talknochip(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
We are really short of Mentors nowadays! A tragedy like this could be avoided if one has a mentor aside parents. May her soul RIP
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by gonkin(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Instead to kill urself. Why not use yourself for money ritual

1 Like

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Wigetsolar: 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
embarassed
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by victorazyvictor(m): 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
Suicide is an alien
Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by Opistorincos(m): 3:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
University education is not everything

3 Likes

Re: Female Delta State University Dropout Commits Suicide In Abraka by otokx(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
Too much zeeworld

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Community President General Assassinated In Imo. Graphic Photos / Baby With Eye Infection Abandoned In Abuja (Disturbing Photo) / Police Officers Catch Men Who Impersonated SARS Operatives In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.