Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup (5005 Views)

Was The Jan 15, 1966 Coup An Igbo Coup? A Detribilized, Historical Perspective / Wikileak's Revelation On Fuel Subsidy & Gej Corrupt Practices / Dora Akunyili And Her "sudden" Revelation On Nigeria Problems! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by T9ksy(m): 1:04am On Sep 16, 2010
Go on then, Komando. Please, correct my "facts", if you can instead of attacking my person. Its childish and unproductive.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by chyz(m): 1:14am On Sep 16, 2010
My Igbo brothers Ngwanu ka anyi fuo n'ebea since ndi yoruba enweghi ike zaa ajuju anyi grin
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 1:19am On Sep 16, 2010
@T9ksy
You heared chyz or dede saying it was an emergency, and the opposition was in tatters, and for your info the Igbos are not landlocked as you said. Alaigbo extends to Igweocha (the town you know as Port Harcourt), (and some argue),over our good neighbors, the Ogoni to Igwe Nga, Bonny/ Opobo.

Nairaland is a research tool used by many, avail yourself of it. This topic has been trashed severally, but your master, bkhomo wouldn't let sleeping dogs to lie in peace, as he salivates whenever he hears the words Igbo or Ojukwu.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by T9ksy(m): 1:30am On Sep 16, 2010
Ok Komando, if you say so however, i still insist that the 1st coup in nigeria was an Igbo coup aimed solely at snatching power from the northerners + you igbos were the only one interested in One nigeria and promptly gave us One Nigeria at the first opportunity you got.

That my brother is my premise. And i believe i have been able to buttress my point with hard facts.

Oh btw, i have no master here nor do i kiss anybody's ass- just not my scene.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 1:38am On Sep 16, 2010
@ T9ksy

Do you know whom Nzeogu and co had planned to make Prime Minister? Awolowo. They believed the man had what it takes to make Nigeria great. Awo was great in bringing education for his people, but he failed woefully in other respects. My own 2 cents.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 1:40am On Sep 16, 2010
And besides a Yoruba, Ademoyega was one of the leaders of that coup.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by karo93: 1:50am On Sep 16, 2010
@T9ksy
i am going to forgive your blindness and low capacity to understand.i will repost those lines you were unable to understand.

[i believe he would have sworn in a nominee of his party[b] if they had the majority[/b]]

what is Nwafor orizu expected to have done?favour one party's candidate over another?[seeing as his party was the minority],

so what's your point?you do know that it is not by force to post dont you?
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 2:01am On Sep 16, 2010
@ karo93
What Nwafor Orizu did can be described as the doctrine of nessecity. If David Mark can be understood in 2010 why not bk and his ilk? I guess its because they have sworn an oath to insult Ndigbo.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 2:06am On Sep 16, 2010
@karo93
Nwafor Orizu would have handed over to anybody who was GOC of the army, wether the person was Igbo or not.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 2:08am On Sep 16, 2010
@T9ksy
You have my facts. If you can't critisize David Mark for his doctrine of necessity,don't critisize Nwafor Orizu for the same thing.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by T9ksy(m): 2:16am On Sep 16, 2010
Komando,

stop wriggling, man. That might have been the story Nzeogwu fed Ademoyega to rope him in to the plot as he's a well-known Awoist but you and i both know that what the coupist say and what they actually do is a different ballgame, entirely.

Moreover, knowning the kind of principled person Awo was, he would not have wanted to assume power in such a despicable and threachrous manner.

Anyway, are you trying to tell me that a group of igbo boys will risk their lives to place a yorubaman -their political rival at the helm of their affairs? The coup was an igbo coup within an igbo coup with most top igbo military and civilians in the know. Zik definately was aware of the coup courtesy of Ifeajunna, his nephew who was the original mastermind of the coup, so too was ironsi, Ojukwu, Okpara etc.

Ademoyega was not one of the leaders of the group. He was the last Major to be recruited. he was recruited around mid-late November 1965 by Nzeogwu and the coup occurred about 8 weeks after his conscription into the plot. How then can you say, he was one of the leaders. Also, he was not given any operation to lead, infact he was just a baggage man whose inclusion was obviously (judging from the part he played in the whole shennaigan), an afterthought to give a resemblance of a southern coup.

I beg my brother, let's call a spade, a spade ojare and not an agricultural machinery. And I thought you said, this issue has already been trashed many moons ago, here on Nairaland? So why then are you coming up with all theses boju-bojus (cover-ups)?

As for Awo, your two cents is inconsequential to me/us. we are not interested in your opinion. As far as we yorubas are concerned, he was successful and the best leader we've  had since and after independence. we are just glad that he was there for us at that aspicious moment in our political history. Am not going to give you my two cents on zik or Ojukwu asit's beside the point here.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by T9ksy(m): 2:32am On Sep 16, 2010
Karo,

Nwafor could not have sworn anybody in. His Party was in govt. curtesy of the NPC. The prime minister (an NPC member) was missing so how then could Nwafor had just sworn in an NCNC member to deputise for the missing NPC PM? Afterall, NCNC were the junior partner so they certainly do not have majority vote in the cabinet.

To think that you guys were already caucusing to swear-in Mbadiwe when no-one was supposed to be aware as to the whereabout of the PM simply manifest your duplitious disposition. Oh yes , Mbadiwe was alleged to have cried "oh where is our Pm"? on being told by Ironsi that there was still no news about the PM.

Nwafor didn't have to do anything other than follow the constitution of the country which was that in the absence of the PM, a temporary one should be sworn in by the party in govt which at that time was the NPC with NCNC as his lackey.

At anyrate, it wasn't in our constitution then to swaer-in no bleeping GOC. It was unconstitutional and Iron si forced the rump of what was left of the Balewa govt. to hand over power to him, at gun point. It was a military coup by Ironsi. This is why I always maintain that the coup was an igbo coup within an igbo coup. Iron si schemed the ilk of Ifeajunna and co. out hence his procrastination at trying them.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by karo93: 2:38am On Sep 16, 2010
T9ksy:

Karo,

Nwafor could not have sworn anybody in. His Party was in govt. curtesy of the NPC. The prime minister (an NPC) was missing so how then could Nwafor had just sworn in an NCNC member to deputise for the missing NPC PM? Afterall, NCNC were the junior partner so they certainly do not have majority vote in the cabinet.

To think that[b] you guys [/b] were already caucusing to swear-in Mbadiwe when no-one was supposed to be aware as to the whereabout of the PM simply manifest your duplitious disposition. Oh yes , Mbadiwe was alleged to have cried "oh where is our Pm"? on being told by Ironsi that there was still no news about the PM.

Nwafor didn't have to do anything other than follow the constitution of the country which was that in the absence of the PM, a temporary one should be sworn in by the party in govt which at that time was the NPC with NCNC as his lackey.

At anyrate, it wasn't in our constitution then to swaer-in no bleeping GOC.

i am neither igbo nor do i have any ties or relationship with them.i think you should know this in the situation that you feel i am biased in my opinions.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 2:46am On Sep 16, 2010
T9shoeshiner

Stop forcing me to popularise this thread of your master, bkhomo with your illogical arguments:
The next leader after Balewa was an NCNC man. He should have become the next PM. Stop calling the NCNC lackeys. Are you jealous because they produced the first president of Nigeria. Don't be. Afterall Awolowo later became Finance Minister under Gowon's military regime.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by T9ksy(m): 2:55am On Sep 16, 2010
@ Karo,

I care not whether you are igbo or not nor whether you are biased or otherwise. My point is basically that you are WRONG, period!

Nwafor was uncooperative with the NPC members but however was willing to bend backward to accomodate the GOC. Only God knows what they were talking about for 40mins before Ironsi made his move on the remaining NPC members who were given no choice but to "voluntarily" hand over power to the "reluctant" Ironsi to enable him to quell the rebellion.

@ Komando,

Zik was a ceremonial leader in Balewa's govt. Awo would never work under Balewa, an ordinary school teacher whilst Zik with all his degrees was willing to kiss balewa's ass. Your Zik of Africa, rather than form a coalition govt. with Awo with NCNC as a dominant partner would rather kowtow to the northerners. Anyway, we all saw why as the igbos got most of the political appointments designated for the south.

Jealous ke. Go and do your research well, man. Awo took over the finance job because he knew he can excel and he did and once his job was done, he resigned. Nigeria, a new nation fought a 30month old war without borrowing a penny. Even britain when he fought the falklands war for less than a year had to borrow money.

Oh btw, the name is T9ksy.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by sbeezy8: 3:10am On Sep 16, 2010
komando.:

T9shoeshiner

Stop forcing me to popularise this thread of your master, bkhomo with your illogical arguments:
The next leader after Balewa was an NCNC man. He should have become the next PM. Stop calling the NCNC lackeys. Are you jealous because they produced the first president of Nigeria. Don't be. Afterall Awolowo later became Finance Minister under Gowon's military regime.

Awo was an economist- what else was he supposed to do? join the military and carry out a coupe like others did? lol

If Zik was Nigerias first president and top dog- whats the need for zoning after all. like you said

Zik was first president, then iroinsi- SE igbo slot fufilled,
Balewa- NE slot,
Buhari and Shagari- NW slot zone
IBB and Gowon- NC slot zone
Obasanjo- SW
lastly Jonathan- SS niger delta slot.

so according to you nothing is wrong with nigeria and igbo have had a shot at the presidency according to you
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 3:11am On Sep 16, 2010
@ T9shoeshineboy

You just said it like your massa bkhomo would have. Bet he'll be so proud of you his 'new boy' right now.

Well Zik was never a finance minister: he was the last Governor General of the whole Nigeria, and its first president. He was the first person in to have his name written on a constitution. Let me paraphrase it for you, 'when Nnamdi Azikiwe becomes president Nigeria will become a sovereign nation.

The Igbos got back only 20 pounds each for all their money while Awo was Gowons finance minister. Not that we still need those billions.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by sbeezy8: 3:14am On Sep 16, 2010
komando.:

@ T9shoeshineboy

You just said it like your massa bkhomo would have. Bet he'll be so proud of you his 'new boy' right now.

Well Zik was never a finance minister: he was the last Governor General of the whole Nigeria, and its first president. He was the first person in to have his name written on a constitution. Let me paraphrase it for you, 'when Nnamdi Azikiwe becomes president Nigeria will become a sovereign nation.

The Igbos got back only 20 pounds each for all their money while Awo was Gowons finance minister. Not that we still need those billions.

lies as usual nigeria became independent under balewa as PM- why are you lying? Hausas are not stupid they would have never agreed to one nigeria under any southerner.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 3:17am On Sep 16, 2010
Some people got very very rich after the end of the civil war.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 3:21am On Sep 16, 2010
@ sjeezy

That constitutional statement was proposed specificaly by Balewa, with the express approval of Sardauna. We Igbos got along very well with the North until someone joined the Fedral Government, and then everything changed.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by sbeezy8: 3:37am On Sep 16, 2010
its alarming when people believe their own lies. . . .

komando.:

@ sjeezy

That constitutional statement was proposed specificaly by Balewa, with the express approval of Sardauna. We Igbos got along very well with the North until someone joined the Fedral Government, and then everything changed.

lies

sbeezy8:

In 1948, Abubakar Tafewa Balewa attended Nigeria Executive Council meeting for the first time northern Nigeria was represented, he (Abubakar) had this message from Ahmadu Bello, “ I come to warn southern Nigeria who behave as though they want to dominate Nigeria’s politics, especially the Igbos, who pour into the north as invaders and not as visitors. If the Igbos continue to pour into the north as invaders, we (north) shall be compelled to dip the Quran into the sea”.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by sbeezy8: 3:38am On Sep 16, 2010
lol yea they really loved you guys
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 3:49am On Sep 16, 2010
Awo, Zik and Ahmadu Bello are all great. They are our heroes.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by bkbabe97y(m): 4:01am On Sep 16, 2010
sbeezy8:

In 1948, Abubakar Tafewa Balewa attended Nigeria Executive Council meeting for the first time northern Nigeria was represented, he (Abubakar) had this message from Ahmadu Bello, “ I come to warn southern Nigeria who behave as though they want to dominate Nigeria’s politics, especially the Igbos, who pour into the north as invaders and not as visitors. If the Igbos continue to pour into the north as invaders, we (north) shall be compelled to dip the Quran into the sea”.

Oh, how I love this quote. . . . . . .
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by TewMuch: 5:05am On Sep 16, 2010
chyz:

This thread should be removed from the politics section.it is meant to cause tribal mayhem and the poster is reducing the quality of the "Politics" section, the poster has also change the title of the thread which the name "Ibo" was used,in order for it not to be sent to the "Tribal" section:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-513711.0.html

Someone is whinning and crying about this thread on the complaints thread. shocked grin
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by bkbabe97y(m): 5:59am On Sep 16, 2010
TewMuch:

Someone is whinning and crying about this thread on the complaints thread. shocked grin

Lol. These brutish, deceitful, dumb, fools! See why noone trusts them? When he thought he was getting the better of the argument with his idi*otic "Tell me how this topic benefits Yorubas" rants, he was cool, His diyyck was getting hard and he was having fun as KomandHomo stroked it! Now, his head has been bashed against concrete, he runs to the police. . . . . Snitch aszz Ibo dude; always trying to move the goal posts in the middle of the game! Cheats!
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 6:42am On Sep 16, 2010
@ bkhomo

Sorry to bust your buble but I dont believe in having comanding homos. On the other hand you the male babe is BkHomo for real.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by Onlytruth(m): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2010
komando.:

@ bkhomo

Sorry to bust your buble but I dont believe in having comanding homos. On the other hand you the male babe is BkHomo for real.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 6:47am On Sep 16, 2010
By the way
bk thechiefhomo

You have a loyal leutenant in toomuchpussy, who ran snitching to you about something happening in the complaints thread. Keep fucking those shameless shemen.Lol.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 7:04am On Sep 16, 2010
@bk slimyhomo

I komando will keep defending nairaland from homos like you. I don't believe in having homos in my army. Nah!

You, the great male 'babe' can swallow the dicks of tewmuch, aigbofa and t9ksy. Anytime I discover a new member of your gang I will immediately treat him like the homotribalist you all are.
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by bkbabe97y(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol. How easy is it for an Ibo man to believe his own lies! I cant see u, but any sane person knows that u cringe each time u see that KomandHomo dropped a new line (and grammatical error) on us innocent folk. . . .
Re: Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup by komando1: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2010
@ Bk could you please stick your dick into your pussy and then ejaculate shouting Igbo kwenu! Kwenuoo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Total Number Of Registered Voters By State For 2015 Election / The High Points Of Port Harcourt Rallies (PDP Vs APC) In Pictures.. / Opobos Are Very Proud Of Our Igbo Heritage – Dr. Tina Edmund-oguokiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.