Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! (1086 Views)

Buhari Ally Abubakar Tsav Warns Him Against Sectional Appointments / Why Jonathan Sacked Abba Months After APC Asked For It!!! / EXCLISIVE: Real Reasons President Jonathan Sacked IGP Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by wales(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2010
Former Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, Alhaji Abubakar Tsav, has faulted the timing and the spirit behind the sack, recently, of the service chiefs, and the Inspector General of Police by President Goodluck Jonathan. Tsav linked the disengagement of the officers to the president’s plots to have easy ride in the 2011 presidential polls.

Tsav spoke in Kano during the weekend at a time, Second Republic Adviser, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai said the elevation of an officer of Igbo extraction to replace the former Chief of Army Staff, General Danbazau would not in any way endanger the cooperation and ongoing consultation between the North and the South east.

Speaking to the Daily Sun in Kano , the elder statesman noted that by early next year, the North will offer the slot of the vice president to the South east and by 2015, they will extend the Presidency to them.

Tsav held that, “the sack of Service Chiefs and the IGP was ill-timed and was neither centered on patriotism nor transparency. Rather, I see it as a grand plan by President Goodluck Jonathan to have it easy at the polls”
Tsav further said: “Unfortunately, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is not God, he is only a worldly president with specific period to rule. The action of the president reminds me of the sad days of the military when civil servants had no job security”.

He stated that, “We are talking of reformation of the Police, and Mr Onovo who is doing his best to achieve this, was not only removed but his DIGs and senior AIGs are being swept away by the tide to create room for an officer who made it possible for Jonathan to succeed Alamieyeseigha as governor after an Obasanjo’s carefully schemed impeachment”.

“This is unfair and negates our so-called war against social injustice. This is not the type of democracy we are yearning for. The sack is an act of selfishness and greed rather than in the interest of national security.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/sept/13/newsbreak-13-09-2010-001.htm

Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 15, 2010
He stated that, “We are talking of reformation of the Police, and Mr Onovo who is doing his best to achieve this, was not only removed but his DIGs and senior AIGs are being swept away by the tide to create room for an officer who made it possible for Jonathan to succeed Alamieyeseigha as governor after an Obasanjo’s carefully schemed impeachment”.

the bane of nigerian politics.

its always payback time,at the expense of meritocracy
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by naso2(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

Lame talk. so it was the police that impeached Alamieyeseigha for GEJ to become governor? All these mallams will not seize to crack me up.
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 15, 2010
These desperation and careless loose talks from the northerners is gettting worrisome.

Since the creation of Nigeria, everynorthern leader moves have always have political undertone and not meriocracy, that is the reason Nigeria is where it is today - their nepotism over merit.

So if Jonathan is beating them at their game this time around, they should spare us the whinning.

As for the claimed North and East collaraboration, I laugh in vietnamese. grin
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 15, 2010
wales:

Speaking to the Daily Sun in Kano , the elder statesman noted that by early next year, the North will offer the slot of the vice president to the South east and by 2015, they will extend the Presidency to them.

Ndigbo on Nairaland (EzeUche, komando, Onlytruth, Dede1, etc) will never acknowledge the bizarre power relationship between them & the North. Instead they continue to whine about how they were betrayed by Yorubas on the eve of the civil war and how Yorubas are dirty & evil people.

The North has been giving you guys an.al sex  grin  since the counter-coup in '66 & they continue to do so till tomorrow. Better wake up & smell the coffee.
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2010
ilugunboy:

These desperation and careless loose talks from the northerners is gettting worrisome.

Since the creation of Nigeria, everynorthern leader  moves have always have political undertone and not meriocracy, that is the reason Nigeria is where it is today - their nepotism over merit.

So if Jonathan is beating them at their game this time around, they should spare us the whinning.

As for the claimed North and East collaraboration, I laugh in vietnamese. grin

The 'leadership' cadre in the North is one of the most patently greedy & self-serving classes human-being you can ever imagine.

All the so-called Arewa leaders have been giving irresponsible interviews to the journalists since the entire zoning saga began, because they would rather overheat the political space & have Nigeria up in flames, than tolerate a South-South presidency.
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by labiyemmy(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2010
Careless talk -

their terms had expired, so big deal! should they be kept there when their terms has expired?
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by otokx(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2010
Me i wonder o, their terms expired since august so why all this talk?
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by Beaf: 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
They demonstrated their power by freeing 721 Boko Harams in Bauchi. GEJ showed his power by simply freeing them off their jobs. 1 - 1!

So why are they still making daft noises? Its because they have been threatening that all hell will break loose and they will provoke largescale almajiri riots. Well, well!! Their govt agents have been decapitated and their plans have failed, so they get in the news and talk crap. I wonder where their leaders Tanko Yakasai and Kanti Bello are these days?
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by seunmsg(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2010
[size=8pt]Speaking to the Daily Sun in Kano , the elder statesman noted that by early next year, the North will offer the slot of the vice president to the South east and by 2015, they will extend the Presidency to them.
[/size]

This is just an insult to the people of the south east and Nigerians in general.
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by Dede1(m): 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2010
ziddy:

Ndigbo on Nairaland (EzeUche, komando, Onlytruth, Dede1, etc) will never acknowledge the bizarre power relationship between them & the North. Instead they continue to whine about how they were betrayed by Yorubas on the eve of the civil war and how Yorubas are dirty & evil people.

The North has been giving you guys an.al sex  grin  since the counter-coup in '66 & they continue to do so till tomorrow. Better wake up & smell the coffee.

Talk is cheap and worst when it comes from a person who knows much about an.al sex. Ndigbo could be many things, I guess political treachery is definitely not one of them. If Ndigbo decide not to support the political campaign of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, there is no doubt Jonathan will loose the election.

It is has been a natural occurrence such as the day which follows the night that Ndigbo and its allies in eastern region of Nigeria had constituted a clog in the wheels of political machine Tafawa Balewa boasted of dipping Quran into Atlantic.

When issue of sensitive political matters reared it ugly head in Nigeria, Ndigbo do not give a hoot what southwest or the so-called south-south political zone think about it. The cases in point were the 1967 civil war and 1999 Nigerian presidential election.
Re: Why Jonathan Sacked Service Chiefs -tsav ! by jamace(m): 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2010
Why do people use the word "sack" for redeployment? To me, the word "sack" connotes dismissal of an office holder because of poor performance. But I don't think the service chiefs performed poorly during their tenure. I think the chiefs served meritoriously and their redeployment was a normal routine activity, necessary to reorganize the organisation they came from.

Are people expecting the service chiefs to serve forever? Don't they know that the service chiefs came from a non-political organization in which career development (professionalism) is of utmost importance to members? For the information of all, the chiefs are civil servants who are supposed to retire after 35 years in service. They have clocked 35 years and are therefore retired in conformity with the requirement of the nigeria civil service rule. Also, if they continue to remain in service, the junior ones who are supposed to be promoted will not be promoted because there can not be 2 captains in a ship, and the juniors will be retired prematurely due to stagnation in career profile, for no fault of theirs.

Tsav, having served as a civil servant and in the police for that matter should know this better. He should rather praise the action of the president instead of interpreting it from a biaised standpoint.

(1) (Reply)

Our Youths Are So Money Oriented Is This Good Or Bad For The Future Of Nigeria / Julian Assange Walks Out Of Cnn Interview / Threat #2: Disqualifying Me Will Not Mean Well For This Country –atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.