Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited - Jobs/Vacancies (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited (1436812 Views)

2021 Nigerian Customs Recruitment / Ekiti: TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2019. How To Apply / Union Bank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 08, 2021
[quote author=nniero11 post=103489202][/quote]

IF YOU THINK I AM MAD THEN ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS!

1. WHY IS THE PRO SAYING THEY WANT TO REMOVE SOME NAMES FROM THE SCREENING LIST?

2. DOES IT MEAN ALL THE SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS SHOWED UP FOR THE SCREENING?

3. DOES IT MEAN NO CANDIDATE WAS DISQUALIFIED FOR ONE SHORTCOMING OR THE OTHER?

GOD WANTS TO USE THE CG TO HELP HIS PEOPLE!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
The service will still need to axe some applicants on the grounds of false documents. I could remember when a top officer addressed us at the Ikeja training centre that all our documents would be screened and noting that they would have to confirm from the institutions we attended for authentication and anybody guilty will be prosecuted (maybe it's just a bluster anyway)
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Sikpa04(m): 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nothing wey my eyes no go see for Nairaland. Abeg make una rest with all these una theories. grin

No one has an idea of why the successful candidates hasn't been called for training yet.
All these Ali this, Senators that, DCG's said, Hostel renovations, yen yen yen..... Make una just rest. When NCS ready Dem go call who they want either by Merit or egunje way.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Epidnugo2020: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nothing person no go hear on this platform
Concerning NCS

Fake people everywhere with different theology

Biko make una rest jareee

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
Sikpa04:
Nothing wey my eyes no go see for Nairaland. Abeg make una rest with all these una theories. grin

No one has an idea of why the successful candidates hasn't been called for training yet.
All these Ali this, Senators that, DCG's said, Hostel renovations, yen yen yen..... Make una just rest. When NCS ready Dem go call who they want either by Merit or egunje way.

My brother. People will just come out from nowhere and begin to analyze things. Of the truth, nobody knows shit. Anytime any day, people will be invited to pick up letters.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Booler: 2:06am On Jul 10, 2021

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Stephen038: 2:35am On Jul 10, 2021
Please, kindly permit me to crave ur indulgence sir boiler"; I would like to request for an undiluted explanation of what u meant by the truth

Booler:
Now many of u are saying SK9 was right. Tomorrow if Ahmed comes to say the CG is a legal man and the recruitment is going to be strictly on meritocracy, u people will say things like "God bless you Ahmed", "Ahmed you are a wonderful man", "Ahmed anything you put your hand you will prosper". What I'm saying in essence is that some of you seem to be suffering from some form of unconscious mental problem as a result of the trauma from this unending recruitment.
U don't see hot water and call it cold water simply because u want a cold water tea at all cost; that is not the way to be a rational thinker. No matter the colouration u give to it, hot water remains hot until it is proven to be cold.
The truth is stamped in our hearts from unset; with or without SK9 and Ahmed.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Booler: 4:19am On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=Stephen038 post=103549123]Please, kindly permit me to crave ur indulgence sir boiler"; I would like to request for an undiluted explanation of what u meant by the truth

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
[quote author=Stephen038 post=103549123]Please, kindly permit me to crave ur indulgence sir boiler"; I would like to request for an undiluted explanation of what u meant by the truth

hahahahahahahahahaha

Oluwa this guy English na from London ooo

Aaaah Aaah Baba na 4 puerto Rico i go school

Aaah chai i supoz know book oooo
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sk92: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC)
The Complete 2004 Laws of Nigeria

Print This Law
NIGERIAN CUSTOMS SERVICE BOARD ACT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS

PART I

Establishment and composition of the Nigerian Customs Service Board

SECTION

Establishment of the Nigerian Customs Service Board.
Membership of the Board.
PART II

Functions and powers of the Board

Functions of the Board.
Powers of the Board.
PART III

Staff of the Board
5. Administrative secretary and other staff of the Board.

PART lV

Limitation of actions

6. Limitation of actions.

PARTY

Miscellaneous

Delegation of power.
Application of the Pensions Act.
Staff regulations.
Transitional provisions.
Interpretation.
Short title.
SCHEDULE

Supplementary provisions relating to the Board

An Act to establish the Nigerian Customs Service Board and for matters connected therewith.

[1992 No. 45.1993 No. 77.]

[lstJune,1992]

[Commencement.]

PART I

Establishment of the Nigerian Customs Service Board
(I) There is hereby established under the control of the Federal Ministry of Finance, a board to be known as the Nigerian Customs Service Board (in this Act referred to as
"the Board"wink which shall be responsible for the administration of the Customs and Excise Management Act.

[1993 No. 77. Cap. C45.]

(2) Accordingly-

(a) any reference in the Customs and Excise Management Act-

(i) to the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board or to Board,
shall be construed as a reference to the Nigerian Customs Service
Board established under this Act;

(ii) to Minister, shall be construed as a reference to the Minister charged
with responsibility for matters relating to finance.

Membership of the Board
(1) The Board shall comprise-

(a) the Minister of Finance who shall be the chairman;

(b) the Comptroller-General of Customs who shall be the deputy chairman;

[1993 No. 77.]

(c) all the deputy Comptrollers-General;

[1993 No. 77.]

(d) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Finance;

(e) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Commerce;

(f) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Industry;

(g) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Transport
(h) the legal adviser to the Nigerian Customs Service Board, who shall also head the legal division of the service to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Justice;

[1993 No. 77.]

(i) two other persons to be appointed from any two of the following institutions, that is-

(i) commercial banks;

(ii) reputable economic or trade consultancy firms;
(iii) the universities;
(iv) the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture;
(v) the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria; and
[1993 No. 77.]

(j) the chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.

[1993 No. 77.]

(2) The Minister of Finance shall appoint the persons mentioned in paragraphs (d) to (g) and (i) of subsection 1 of this section, after due consultation with the appropriate
Ministry or institution.

(3) The provisions set out in the Schedule to this Act shall have effect with respect to the proceedings of the Board and the other matters therein mentioned.

[Schedule.]

PART II

3. Functions of the Board

The Board shall be responsible for-

(a) formulating the general policy guidelines for the Nigerian Customs Service (in this Act referred to as "the Service"wink; and

[1993 No. 77.]

(b) administering the Customs and Excise Management Act and, accordingly, the Board shall-

(i) subject to the general control of the Minister, control and manage the
administration of the customs and excise laws; and

(ii) collect the revenues of customs and excise and account for them in such manner as the Minister shall, from time to time, direct.

Powers of the Board
(1) The powers, being exercised by the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board to appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over staff of the Service are
hereby vested in the Board.

(2) The Board shall have power-

(a) to appoint persons to hold or act in all the offices in the Service, including power to make appointments on promotion or transfer and to confirm appoint-
ments; and

(b) to dismiss and exercise other disciplinary control over persons appointed pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection.

(3) If the Board thinks it expedient that any vacancy in the staff of the Service should be filled by a person holding office in the civil service of the Federation or of a State, it
shall notify the appropriate Civil Service Commission to that effect and thereafter the Board may, by arrangement with the Civil Service Commission concerned, cause such
vacancy to be filled by way of secondment or transfer.

(4) Where a person is seconded under subsection (3) of this section, he shall be notitied of the terms and conditions of the secondment, and the secondment shall be without
prejudice to any pension rights which but for the secondment would still accrue to him.

(5) A person seconded pursuant to subsection (3) of this section may elect, subject to the approval of the Board, to be transferred to the Service.

(6) A member of staff of the Service may elect to be transferred or seconded to any other civil service in the Federation and such right of transfer or secondment shall not
operate to the disadvantage of the member of staff concerned.

PART III

Staff of the Board

Administrative secretary and other staff of the Board
The Board shall appoint-
[1993 No. 77.]

(a) an administrative secretary who shall-

(i) be a serving officer of not less than grade level UPSS 15; and
(ii) be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the work and per-
form such other functions as the Board may, from time to time, assign
to him;

[1993 No. 77.]
(b) such other members of staff as may appear necessary to the Board for the efficient performance of its functions under this Act.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sk92: 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
To sum it up, the minister of finance is the chairman of the NCS Board, while the CG of customs is the vice chairman... There are also representitives from commerce, trade , finance and others... Other DCG'S inclusuve.. The MOF is the Alpha and omega of the board.. and votes counts in each decision. The board is responsible for displine, promotion and apppoitments into the Nigerian custom servics... May God be with us!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by siremmyt(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2021
I just received a message today , I want to confirm whether it's true or not

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by meetgaya: 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2021
siremmyt:

Final screening is done and dusted in March.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Sikpa04(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2021
siremmyt:
NCS Career bawo grin...
Wetin be NCS SMS service, shey na network provider? grin
Boss stage wey we de now na *"THE LONG WAIT"*.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Oladapo96: 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
Why should a recruitment process take this long? And they are quiet about the whole thing as if its normal.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Jstikal: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
Maybe me myself will start sending myself message �
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Jstikal: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
Congratulations Judy Judy
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by meetgaya: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2021
Good morning and happy New Week of waiting
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Dotman0001: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2021
meetgaya:
Good morning and happy New Week of waiting

Same to you
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Mosunmolade: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2021
sk92:
Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC)
The Complete 2004 Laws of Nigeria

Print This Law
NIGERIAN CUSTOMS SERVICE BOARD ACT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS

PART I

SECTION

Establishment of the Nigerian Customs Service Board.
Membership of the Board.
PART II

Functions of the Board.
Powers of the Board.
PART III

Staff of the Board
5. Administrative secretary and other staff of the Board.

PART lV

Limitation of actions

6. Limitation of actions.

PARTY

Miscellaneous

Delegation of power.
Application of the Pensions Act.
Staff regulations.
Transitional provisions.
Interpretation.
Short title.
SCHEDULE

Supplementary provisions relating to the Board

An Act to establish the Nigerian Customs Service Board and for matters connected therewith.

[1992 No. 45.1993 No. 77.]

[lstJune,1992]

[Commencement.]

PART I

Establishment of the Nigerian Customs Service Board
(I) There is hereby established under the control of the Federal Ministry of Finance, a board to be known as the Nigerian Customs Service Board (in this Act referred to as
"the Board"wink which shall be responsible for the administration of the Customs and Excise Management Act.

[1993 No. 77. Cap. C45.]

(2) Accordingly-

(a) any reference in the Customs and Excise Management Act-

(i) to the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board or to Board,
shall be construed as a reference to the Nigerian Customs Service
Board established under this Act;

(ii) to Minister, shall be construed as a reference to the Minister charged
with responsibility for matters relating to finance.

Membership of the Board
(1) The Board shall comprise-

(a) the Minister of Finance who shall be the chairman;

(b) the Comptroller-General of Customs who shall be the deputy chairman;

[1993 No. 77.]

(c) all the deputy Comptrollers-General;

[1993 No. 77.]

(d) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Finance;

(e) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Commerce;

(f) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Industry;

(g) one person to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Transport
(h) the legal adviser to the Nigerian Customs Service Board, who shall also head the legal division of the service to be appointed from the Federal Ministry of Justice;

[1993 No. 77.]

(i) two other persons to be appointed from any two of the following institutions, that is-

(i) commercial banks;

(ii) reputable economic or trade consultancy firms;
(iii) the universities;
(iv) the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture;
(v) the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria; and
[1993 No. 77.]

(j) the chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.

[1993 No. 77.]

(2) The Minister of Finance shall appoint the persons mentioned in paragraphs (d) to (g) and (i) of subsection 1 of this section, after due consultation with the appropriate
Ministry or institution.

(3) The provisions set out in the Schedule to this Act shall have effect with respect to the proceedings of the Board and the other matters therein mentioned.

[Schedule.]

PART II

3. Functions of the Board

The Board shall be responsible for-

(a) formulating the general policy guidelines for the Nigerian Customs Service (in this Act referred to as "the Service"wink; and

[1993 No. 77.]

(b) administering the Customs and Excise Management Act and, accordingly, the Board shall-

(i) subject to the general control of the Minister, control and manage the
administration of the customs and excise laws; and

(ii) collect the revenues of customs and excise and account for them in such manner as the Minister shall, from time to time, direct.

Powers of the Board
(1) The powers, being exercised by the Customs, Immigration and Prisons Service Board to appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over staff of the Service are
hereby vested in the Board.

(2) The Board shall have power-

(a) to appoint persons to hold or act in all the offices in the Service, including power to make appointments on promotion or transfer and to confirm appoint-
ments; and

(b) to dismiss and exercise other disciplinary control over persons appointed pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection.

(3) If the Board thinks it expedient that any vacancy in the staff of the Service should be filled by a person holding office in the civil service of the Federation or of a State, it
shall notify the appropriate Civil Service Commission to that effect and thereafter the Board may, by arrangement with the Civil Service Commission concerned, cause such
vacancy to be filled by way of secondment or transfer.

(4) Where a person is seconded under subsection (3) of this section, he shall be notitied of the terms and conditions of the secondment, and the secondment shall be without
prejudice to any pension rights which but for the secondment would still accrue to him.

(5) A person seconded pursuant to subsection (3) of this section may elect, subject to the approval of the Board, to be transferred to the Service.

(6) A member of staff of the Service may elect to be transferred or seconded to any other civil service in the Federation and such right of transfer or secondment shall not
operate to the disadvantage of the member of staff concerned.

PART III

Staff of the Board

Administrative secretary and other staff of the Board
The Board shall appoint-
[1993 No. 77.]

(a) an administrative secretary who shall-

(i) be a serving officer of not less than grade level UPSS 15; and
(ii) be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the work and per-
form such other functions as the Board may, from time to time, assign
to him;

[1993 No. 77.]
(b) such other members of staff as may appear necessary to the Board for the efficient performance of its functions under this Act.

Thanks for the info, but some people say senators and HOR committee to customs too are part of the board. Happy new week

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Stephen038: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2021
Air force DSSC form is out

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Mosunmolade: 8:56am On Jul 13, 2021
FRSC recruiting again...

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by CaptGroin(m): 8:58am On Jul 13, 2021
DAILY SAVINGS OFFICERS
Qualification: SSCE, ND and NCE, discipline

Interested candidates should send CV to tpsavingsandloan@gmail.com

*PLEASE INDICATE JOB TITLE IN AS SUBJECT OF THE MAIL*
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 13, 2021
@Mosunmolade please was the previous recruitment concluded?
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by meetgaya: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2021
eniolaamos7:
@Mosunmolade please was the previous recruitment concluded?
It was concluded Oct 2019
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Fantus(m): 9:35am On Jul 14, 2021
Them don hijack this recruitment oh. Just go find something doing.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Sportifier: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2021
Everywhere quiet! Nawa oh shocked
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by meetgaya: 11:55am On Jul 14, 2021
Fantus:

Who are these hijackers?
Definitely not with CGC
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Sikpa04(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
Fantus:
Na you hijack abhi?? Terrorist grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by saxha: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
meetgaya:

Who are these hijackers?
Definitely not with CGC

Booler and sk92 are the hijackers. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 15, 2021
if list no drop tomorrow then make una begin the look 23 but e no supoz pass this month oo

i no get source oo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by meetgaya: 8:10am On Jul 15, 2021
nniero11:
if list no drop tomorrow then make una begin the look 23 but e no supoz pass this month oo

i no get source oo

Me sef, ebi like enu go pass Monday

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (554) (Reply)

Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.