Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

Comfort For Christians In A Changing World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comfort For Christians In A Changing World (245 Views)

There Will Be No Christians In Nigeria In Next 25 Years – NCEF Warns / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2019
Comfort for Christians in a Changing World
by Roy Reynolds (N. Ireland)

"Seek those things which are above" Colossians 3.1

"Set your affection on things above" Colossians 3.2

This world is not our home: we have become increasingly conscious of that since conversion. The Saviour said twice in His prayer to His Father, "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" Jn.17.14,16.

Since we have known the transforming grace of God in salvation, we have come to recognise heaven as home; we are citizens of the celestial city and soon to populate the Paradise of God.

Then, fulness of joy will be ours and the everlasting pleasures at His right hand will be sampled by our satisfied souls eternally. "Earth’s sad story will be closed in glory, on yon shore"; the dark clouds that hung so low in our sky will give way to the brightness of that unclouded day. There will be no night there and sin and sorrow can never enter that blest abode.

Best of all, the Lamb is there and we shall see His blessed face.

Oh, what a prospect! How, how can we cling
To earth’s dark dream, when such a hope is given?
Oh may we from this hour, on faith-plumed wing,
No longer cling to earth, but soar to yon bright heaven!
"Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." 1Peter 5.7

Are you in circumstances that make you question His love and care? Do you, like Peter, and the other disciples, ask in the depths of your depression and despondency, "Carest Thou not?" Have you begun to wonder if there is any point in continuing to pray? Maybe, a beloved saint reading just now, feels like Jonah, "It is better for me to die than to live" Jonah 4.3.

My brother, my sister, "He careth for you"; it really means that you matter to Him; your concerns are His concerns. He will lend a listening ear and He is touched in all the tenderness of His sympathetic heart.

Have you forgotten the weeping Christ of Bethany; the compassionate Man Who took Jairus’ daughter by the hand and presented her alive to her grieving parents? Have you forgotten the love which led Him all the way to Calvary for you? Should we not look again and again at the nail-pierced hands Thomas saw, until we learn just how much He cares?

O yes He cares; I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary,
The long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares.
Re: Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by jiggaz(m): 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nice one my bro.... I can't wait for the Rapture and that day is fast approaching!! Cc solite3

1 Like

Re: Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by tartar9(m): 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
jiggaz:
Nice one my bro.... I can't wait for the Rapture and that day is fast approaching!! Cc solite3
You have been waiting for rapture for 2000 years now sad
Re: Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 17, 2019
jiggaz:
yes bro, what a day it will be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comfort For Christians In A Changing World by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 26, 2020
what a glorious day that will be

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/05/19 / 'holy Spirit' Saves German Driver From Speeding Fine / The God We Serve Is A Mighty Dragon With Flames Of Fire Everyone Should Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.