Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School (1753 Views)

Religious Discrimination And Favoritism By Mods On Nairaland / Kaduna State University Students Cry Out. Against Religious Discrimination!! / How Can Any Intelligent Person Be An Adherent Of Any Of The Abrahamic Religions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
As narrated,

"Where are all my traditionalist and all Isese well wishers?

Today, one of us was disgraced and embarrassed openly here in Ibadan.

She went to sat for her JAMB exam this morning. On getting there, she was first harrased by some security in brown uniform not sure if they are ManOWar or something that why will she use Ifa bead to the exam hall, the bead was on her hand for that matter. She explained to them that it's just her religion bead and it causes no harm.

After entering the compound and approaching the exam hall, she was stopped again by some Civil Defence and some other securities that what was she doing with the bead in her hand. She explained to them again but they insisted she removed it or else she won't be allowed to sit for the exam.

Just to avoid missing the exam and embarrassment, she complied and removed the bead, she gave it to one of the civil defense to hold for her.

She finished her exam, came outside and requested for her bead from the civil defence, to her surprise the civil defence said he couldn't find it again and what does she need it for again?

She left there in shame when they started shouting on her.

Now my people, this is just one among many of our children going to school facing this kind of harrasment. Till when are we going to continue to condone this?

When will this stop?

What is our stand in this country?

We need to let this get to Jamb Officials and know if this is the instructions given to their officials?

This happened at Sunshine groups of school,oke bola Ibadan

Please help spread this and let's get justice for our fellow traditionalist."

~Concerned Isese Youth(CIY)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
If hijabs and crucifixs can be allowed into examinations, then so should Traditionalist articles of faith.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by MuttleyLaff: 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
PAGAN9JA:
If hijabs and crucifixs can be allowed into examinations, then so should Traditionalist articles of faith.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. I am sorry for your pains, the extreme pains and all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by GavelSlam: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
She should be allowed her Jazz.

grin

Kidding about the Jazz.
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by HappyPagan: 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
Funny story.

During my service year (NYSC), the early morning parade included a worship session. The Muslims will be led off the parade ground for prayers, while the Christians would stay behind singing praise songs.

Traditionalists/pagans don't exist to these people. I changed that.

While the praise and worship was going on, I would move to the back of the line, fold my arms, and just stare round at the insanity around me.

One morning, one of the ManOWar members noticed while going round for inspection. The following conversation ensued:

MoW: Why are you not clapping your hands?
HP: I am not Christian.

MoW: Why didn't you join the Muslims then?
HP: I am not Muslim.

MoW: Are you Christian?
HP: I am not Christian. I am a traditionalist.

MoW: Whattt? (drawing some attention from other corp members)

MoW: If you know what you are doing is legal, why not come out and say it..
HP: My religion is personal. And you people didn't mention it.

MoW: What you are doing is illegal...
HP: African religion is illegal in Africa?

MoW: (stunned face)

He stood frozen for a while - I could hear his brain grinding, like an old man's teeth on kolanut. The look of resignation came before his next reply..

"May God have mercy on your soul "
and then he walked off...

i no be gentleman at all
i be teddy bear
i no dey smoke cigar, no menthol
na steady beer

if you give me nonsense
i feed you nonsense

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by lepasharon(f): 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
HappyPagan:
Funny story.

During my service year (service year), the early morning parade included a worship session. The Muslims will be led off the parade ground for prayers, while the Christians would stay behind singing praise songs.

Traditionalists/pagans don't exist to these people. I changed that.

While the praise and worship was going on, I would move to the back of the line, fold my arms, and just stare round at the insanity around me.

One morning, one of the ManOWar members noticed while going round for inspection. The following conversation ensued:

MoW: Why are you not clapping your hands?
HP: I am not Christian.

MoW: Why didn't you join the Muslims then?
HP: I am not Muslim.

MoW: Are you Christian?
HP: I am not Christian. I am a traditionalist.

MoW: Whattt? (drawing some attention from other corp members)

MoW: If you know what you are doing is legal, why not come out and say it..
HP: My religion is personal. And you people didn't mention it.

MoW: What you are doing is illegal...
HP: African religion is illegal in Africa?

MoW: (stunned face)

He stood frozen for a while - I could hear his brain grinding, like an old man's teeth on kolanut. The look of resignation came before his next reply..

"May God have mercy on your soul "
and then he walked off...

i no be gentleman at all
i be teddy bear
i no dey smoke cigar, no menthol
na steady beer

if you give me nonsense
i feed you nonsense

grin grin

Haha..You mean to say he only said 'god have mercy on your soul' and walked off?
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by HappyPagan: 12:01am On Apr 17, 2019
lepasharon:

grin grin

Haha..You mean to say he only said 'god have mercy on your soul' and walked off?
He was really confused. Greeted me with respect every time we passed by each other in the camp. Also, my room was the only where no morning devotion was held.

First morning, one 'SU' raised a prayer, and I hushed everyone. I told them my God likes me to enjoy my sleep... if their God doesn't like good sleep, they could meet him outside.

Made some cool friends.. they just found me really weird.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by lepasharon(f): 12:22am On Apr 17, 2019
HappyPagan:

He was really confused. Greeted me with respect every time we passed by each other in the camp. Also, my room was the only where no morning devotion was held.

First morning, one 'SU' raised a prayer, and I hushed everyone. I told them my God likes me to enjoy my sleep... if their God doesn't like good sleep, they could meet him outside.

Aww that's nice. I kinda thought you would be a target

And are prayers compulsory for NYSC?

1 Like

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:21am On Apr 17, 2019
HappyPagan:

A big salute and respect to you! We need more people like you!

We must stand up for our rights.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by HappyPagan: 6:22am On Apr 17, 2019
lepasharon:

Aww that's nice. I kinda thought you would be a target

And are prayers compulsory for NYSC?
The morning parade is compulsory. How they snuck worship sessions into it is something I'd never understand.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. I am sorry for your pains, the extreme pains and all.

Thank You. I appreciate it.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Ultimus: 7:23am On Apr 17, 2019
HappyPagan:

The morning parade is compulsory. How they snuck worship sessions into it is something I'd never understand.

Had a problem with it as well. I simply stood there and tried to amuse myself with all the balderdash. My hostel though was another story. I was well accepted by my roommates and they seemed to enjoy arguing with me too. I'm still friends with some of them till date.

One highlight was when a traditionalist in the hostel sought me out and told me I was doing a great job, that it was a pleasure to meet me...so forth. I found out he's been bashing "imported" religions around camp too. He had a profound hatred for Christianity that I envied. Lol.

7 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2019
Ultimus:

Had a problem with it as well. I simply stood there and tried to amuse myself with all the balderdash. My hostel though was another story. I was well accepted by my roommates and they seemed to enjoy arguing with me too. I'm still friends with some of them till date.

One highlight was when a traditionalist in the hostel sought me out and told me I was doing a great job, that it was a pleasure to meet me...so forth. I found out he's been bashing "imported" religions around camp too. He had a profound hatred for Christianity that I envied. Lol.

You guys should get together and form a group or a society.
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
--------------NEWS UPDATE -----------------

The Ide has been returned!

This was resolved yesterday after the case was taken up by the Isese Youth.

As narrated,

"Hello my people, i so much appreciate you all.

Good news, they found her bead and returned it to her!

The girl returned back home sad and informed her people, today Isese people made me proud. They all went back there in full Isese squad and good enough they met the security and guess what? She was a woman!

Clearly it was stated in the brochure that no one is allowed to enter into the exam hall with their beads, rings or any jewelry be it for religious or fashion purpose.

On getting there, they understood everything but still if you collect someone's property, you have every right to return it afterwards but due to the hatred the woman have towards Isese, she threw the bead somewhere she couldn't find it again while other people's bead and properties were found there.

When people started boiling up and make them understand we ain't taking it slightly, she knew she was in trouble. She saw traditionalist well dressed and speaking good English, standing on their feet, the woman started crying.

I wasn't there with them but I was on the phone with her all through and I also spoke with the supervisor heading that school. I told them we will be going legal again them and involve lawyer!

They never expected it!

Miraculously they found the bead that was nowhere to be found in the first place. Still I could still hear the woman crying and at the same time praising her god.

Afterwards they started begging like a baby.

I also blamed the girl for leaving the center without making sure they provided her bead at all cost but at the same time, who knows what the woman would have told her.

My people, we still have a long way to go but still we shall start from somewhere.

Let's not entertain any form of discrimination or hatred against us.

We are traditionalist not terrorist. Ire ooo"
~Concerned Isese Youth (CIY)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by HappyPagan: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
this is good news.

lalasticlala.. Traditionalists 1 - Hatred 0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Uyi168: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
I love this!

1 Like

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by lawani: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ifa is the theology of Yoruba people. It is not a religion.

1 Like

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Shepherd00: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
HappyPagan:
this is good news.

lalasticlala.. Traditionalists 1 - Hatred 0
This is what I expected you to be doing, not crying about men of God in Bill-boards.

Next, post your Chief Priests on BBs too.
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
lawani:
Ifa is the theology of Yoruba people. It is not a religion.

Abeg tell me the meaning of theology.
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by lawani: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

Abeg tell me the meaning of theology.
It is the study of Theo or God. It is a science. Ifa is a science.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
lawani:
It is the study of Theo or God. It is a science. Ifa is a science.

It is a Spiritual Science. Like all Pagan religions.
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by MissRaine69(f): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2019
PAGAN9JA:
In a civilised society yes, as there should not be any discrimination based on one’s faith. But then Nigeria is a little progressive but mostly regressive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by budaatum: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nigeria has indeed changed. In the 80s when Ijanikin and Oto decide they wanted to celebrate the Oro Festival, they'd inform everyone weeks before so don't go saying you're going for some vigil or whatnot. Some tried, but the indigenes let them know they were guests in their towns! Funny though, we once had a full tapping on school grounds during Oro and the locals joined in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by lawani: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

It is a Spiritual Science. Like all Pagan religions.
Religion is rigid and know it all while theology is ongoing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by OpenYourEyes1: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
PAGAN9JA:

Pagan priests freely sell materials like this to dubious characters. They don't care!
Armrobbers, murderers, crooks, scammers and other criminals collect stuff like this from them.

Pagans and their priest have zero sense of morality. This is why the filth is forbidden.

1 Like

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by budaatum: 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Pagan priests freely sell materials like this to dubious characters. They don't care!
Armrobbers, murderers, crooks, scammers and other criminals collect stuff like this from them.

Pagans and their priest have zero sense of morality. This is why the filth is forbidden.

Don't some priests of other religions too not care and sell the same crap? There's a story of one on here feeding people worms!

3 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by OpenYourEyes1: 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
budaatum:

Don't some priests of other religions too not care and sell the same crap? There's a story of one on here feeding people worms!

Holy Bible has moral guidelines. Pagans have none.
I don't click on boring nairalandish links.
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by budaatum: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Holy Bible has moral guidelines. Pagans have none.
I don't click on boring nairalandish links.
My pagan foreparents had tons of morals! Didn't yours?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Emperordynasty: 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Epic truth
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by HappyPagan: 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Pagan priests freely sell materials like this to dubious characters.
They don't care!
Any evidence of this? Or are you just talking out of your Nollywood educated mind?

OpenYourEyes1:

then pay their tithes of the proceeds to your men of God. I fail to see your point.

OpenYourEyes1:

I'm sure you have never met a priest.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by budaatum: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
lawani:
Religion is rigid and know it all while theology is ongoing.
Religion is believing while theology is ignorance?

I could not help myself, lawani grin
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by budaatum: 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
HappyPagan:

I'm sure you have never met a priest.
Did you just say to closeyoureyes?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Should Worship Any Deity, I Think It Would Be The Christian Satan. See Why / Pastor Who Died And Came Back To Life Explains His Horrible Encounter With Hell / False Religion Portrays God As Diabolical...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.