Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School (1747 Views)

Religious Discrimination And Favoritism By Mods On Nairaland / Kaduna State University Students Cry Out. Against Religious Discrimination!! / How Can Any Intelligent Person Be An Adherent Of Any Of The Abrahamic Religions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by budaatum: 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
HappyPagan:

I'm sure you have never met a priest.
Did you just say he closeshiseyes?
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by HappyPagan: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
budaatum:

Did you just say he closeshiseyes?
Good vision is only useful when there is light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by lawani: 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
budaatum:

Religion is believing while theology is ignorance?

I could not help myself, lawani grin
Theology is the study of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:17am On Apr 19, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Pagan priests freely sell materials like this to dubious characters. They don't care!
Armrobbers, murderers, crooks, scammers and other criminals collect stuff like this from them.

Pagans and their priest have zero sense of morality. This is why the filth is forbidden.

Morality?! What a joke! Says the slave of the rapi.st and thieving pastor and the terrorist mass murderer imam who preach all the worst from the pulpit. P
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Amujale(m): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2019
PAGAN9JA:
As narrated,

"Where are all my traditionalist and all Isese well wishers?

Today, one of us was disgraced and embarrassed openly here in Ibadan.

She went to sat for her JAMB exam this morning. On getting there, she was first harrased by some security in brown uniform not sure if they are ManOWar or something that why will she use Ifa bead to the exam hall, the bead was on her hand for that matter. She explained to them that it's just her religion bead and it causes no harm.

After entering the compound and approaching the exam hall, she was stopped again by some Civil Defence and some other securities that what was she doing with the bead in her hand. She explained to them again but they insisted she removed it or else she won't be allowed to sit for the exam.

Just to avoid missing the exam and embarrassment, she complied and removed the bead, she gave it to one of the civil defense to hold for her.

She finished her exam, came outside and requested for her bead from the civil defence, to her surprise the civil defence said he couldn't find it again and what does she need it for again?

She left there in shame when they started shouting on her.

Now my people, this is just one among many of our children going to school facing this kind of harrasment. Till when are we going to continue to condone this?

When will this stop?

What is our stand in this country?

We need to let this get to Jamb Officials and know if this is the instructions given to their officials?

This happened at Sunshine groups of school,oke bola Ibadan

Please help spread this and let's get justice for our fellow traditionalist."

~Concerned Isese Youth(CIY)

That is a travesty of justice.

If the lady concealed a bible or quaran in her person such embarrasement would probably not have occurred.

Where is common sense when you need it, the civil defence officer in the above scenario certainly doesnt have sense.

God bless her poor soul. The Almighty God will fight for the weak, the Orisa's of Yorubaland will fight for the weak; and make certain you poor lady that was embarassed in such a horrific way are admitted into the higher institution of your choice, eitherway you will not suffer in vain.

Ase!

2 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Amujale(m): 12:01am On Apr 24, 2019
Ones school-of-thought is determined by ones geographical inheritance, there is NO short cut. Its either we face the truth NOW or forever keep our peace.

For days, months and years we have invested all our spirituality into false HOPES and ASPIRATIONS. When common sense dictates that the only TRUE aspiration is one that which can actually be achieved in its entirety.

There is so much to learn about ourselves and surroundings yet we are being taught NOT to think; what kind of psychology beats continuity.

We dont need to be saved by anyone or anything because God has already given that to us countless times and i dont see that stopping anytime soon.

We dont need to repent because We are NOT a guilty people.

We are NOT waiting for a white or tanned man to come an eliviate US from suffering because thats just NONSENSICAL if a white or tanned man was going to descend from the skies to eliviate anyone, the first people on the list would be those that look like HIM. Its not discrimination, its common sense.

We dont need to face anywhere during petition but our immediate solvable problems.

We dont need salvation because we were saved the day we were allowed into the world

All the ethics and moral philosophy we need to navigate the planet Earth is already present in our OWN psychology.

Our ancestors, heroes and saviours deserve nothing more than the best reception.

What is the point in living for somebody elses goal.

There is so much work to be done, and yet little effort awarded to a course.

Let us invoke the spirit of OUR ancestors, in everything that we partake, We need to operate as if our world has been stolen and we AIM to re-take it.

We have to snap out of this daze that we are in, it's us, we are the LIGHT of OUR world nobody else.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32am On Apr 24, 2019
Ase Amujale. Well written

1 Like

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Amujale(m): 2:03am On Apr 24, 2019
PAGAN9JA:
Ase Amujale. Well written

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by capitalzero: 3:39am On Apr 24, 2019
religion is personal affair. prayer in. secular activities should be banned. religious activities in both private and public secular schools school be banned. religion houses should be removed from public institutions.
most Nigerians especially muslims and christians are just motherfuckinghypocrites because they secretly patronize traditionalists they despise in public. I would blame traditionalists too. they could not reinvent their practice. everything about traditional religion is fettish,archaic, barbaric, dirty etc. there is no place for dirty shrine or useless sacrifices in modern Africa tradition religion.
Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:58am On Apr 24, 2019
capitalzero:
religion is personal affair. prayer in. secular activities should be banned. religious activities in both private and public secular schools school be banned. religion houses should be removed from public institutions.
most Nigerians especially muslims and christians are just motherfuckinghypocrites because they secretly patronize traditionalists they despise in public. I would blame traditionalists too. they could not reinvent their practice. everything about traditional religion is fettish,archaic, barbaric, dirty etc. there is no place for dirty shrine or useless sacrifices in modern Africa tradition religion.

Clearly you have never visited a proper shrine.

Why dont you donate to construct a better shrine then? Since there is no tithe system in ATR.

And sacrifices cannot be done with. Dont you eat meat?

1 Like

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by wirinet(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2019
PAGAN9JA:
--------------NEWS UPDATE -----------------

The Ide has been returned!

This was resolved yesterday after the case was taken up by the Isese Youth.

As narrated,

"Hello my people, i so much appreciate you all.

Good news, they found her bead and returned it to her!

The girl returned back home sad and informed her people, today Isese people made me proud. They all went back there in full Isese squad and good enough they met the security and guess what? She was a woman!

Clearly it was stated in the brochure that no one is allowed to enter into the exam hall with their beads, rings or any jewelry be it for religious or fashion purpose.

On getting there, they understood everything but still if you collect someone's property, you have every right to return it afterwards but due to the hatred the woman have towards Isese, she threw the bead somewhere she couldn't find it again while other people's bead and properties were found there.

When people started boiling up and make them understand we ain't taking it slightly, she knew she was in trouble. She saw traditionalist well dressed and speaking good English, standing on their feet, the woman started crying.

I wasn't there with them but I was on the phone with her all through and I also spoke with the supervisor heading that school. I told them we will be going legal again them and involve lawyer!

They never expected it!

Miraculously they found the bead that was nowhere to be found in the first place. Still I could still hear the woman crying and at the same time praising her god.

Afterwards they started begging like a baby.

I also blamed the girl for leaving the center without making sure they provided her bead at all cost but at the same time, who knows what the woman would have told her.

My people, we still have a long way to go but still we shall start from somewhere.

Let's not entertain any form of discrimination or hatred against us.

We are traditionalist not terrorist. Ire ooo"
~Concerned Isese Youth (CIY)

Weldone. Kudos to you guys for standing up to your rights. Nigeria is a secular country and not a Muslim - Christian country. The Abrahamic religions are the most violent religions in the history of Mankind. African traditions traditions had their negative practices just like the Abrahamic religions encouraged human sacrifices, but it never engaged in genocide or religious wars.

The practice of bowing down before an image of a dying white man covered with blood to atone for sins never seemed logical to me.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Discrimination Against Ifa Adherent At Ibadan School by Amujale(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2019
wirinet:

Weldone. Kudos to you guys for standing up to your rights. Nigeria is a secular country and not a Muslim - Christian country. The Abrahamic religions are the most violent religions in the history of Mankind. African traditions traditions had their negative practices just like the Abrahamic religions encouraged human sacrifices, but it never engaged in genocide or religious wars.

The practice of bowing down before an image of a dying white man covered with blood to atone for sins never seemed logical to me.

Totally agree with your viewpoint here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Possibilianism / Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits / Abuja Higher Life Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.