Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

'3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria (37891 Views)

Cross River: We Feed Pupils With 2 Loaves Of Bread, One Fowl, Per Term - Vendors / UNILAG Student Turns Into A Mermaid At Fagunwa Hall, Gets Arrested (Photos) / Types Of People At A Secondary School Reunion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by afroxyz: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
Tellemall:

Ask for my school results, not that I'm obligated to show you.

Not everyone you see on nairaland is your Nigerian. And not everybody behind a keyboard is broke like you all like to imagine to feel better.

I don't know why once you confront a Nigerian they want to tell you that you are inferior. Is everything about inferiority and money? People go to private schools without making noise and feeling superior. You guys need reorientation. Life is not about making noise, acting flashy and dying young the way you guys do in your hamlets.

true talk

2 Likes

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by bishopkay: 1:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
afroxyz:

If the system was 'working' you wouldn't have had the LA riots of black lives matter protests. And all these happened before the rise in white supremacy that we are currently witnessing.

We've had the #EndSARS protest, Benue lives matters, save zamfara and many more too numerous to mention protests. Hope it yielded results you can see?

You still dispute the working system?
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by yaki84: 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
LadySarah:
I see no arrogance here.Igbo si ''o na ara ahu ya arawa ahu' grin grin'.Before they will trace him to Ikoyi ,just like the ph fishhead lady that flaunted her husbands earnings and they met Their waterloo that night.

What he said is something to reflect on.Nigerians are getting poorer.Before You Come at me with your rice nonsense,check the price of our former foreign rice against our local now.Can the poor even cook palm oil rice with it?I met a woman last yr who sincerely begged me for rice that her family now eats sweet potatoes for months now .Rice is a luxury to ppl now

Phedc since last yr announced 3 days on 3 days off power for us against regular 20 hrs plus Light we were enjoying.now Its 5 days off 3 days on.The enterpreneurship we are preaching,how does the common man power his business?

Npower volunteers opened a thread here to mobilize themselves and Vote in Buhari again because of #30k stipends.Graduates selling Their rights away for
#30k?Isnt it cringe worthy?

Insecurity,purchasing power Very low,Its a sad situation
before 2k fit give u 3good pot ofdifferent soups but now 2k na to waka d whole market find..pot.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by yaki84: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Where ? UK? USA? Canada? Scandinavia?
You don't produce anything but want to live like Jay-Z.
Nigerians and their sense of entitlement.
what do qataris, saudis produce?
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by afroxyz: 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
bishopkay:

We've had the #EndSARS protest, Benue lives matters, save zamfara and many more too numerous to mention protests. Hope it yielded results you can see?

You still dispute the working system?

Nah. my point is that the system is not as flawless as you think
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by GavelSlam: 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
yaki84:

Qatar:
Population - 2.5 million

Oil production - 4.8 million barrels per day.

Nigeria:
Population - 170 million

Oil production - 2.4 million barrels per day.

Won't bother quoting Saudi Arabia

3 Likes

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Joevics(m): 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
They are the elite based on the 'hustle' of their parents.

Question now is, what is their hustle?

What are their expectations?

If they have a car and home already, I'm assuming they want more.

All well and good, but is that a realistic expectation?

If you have all these, then your only rightful complaint should be issues relating to insecurity.

Wherever else you find yourself you would hardly have more than a car and home.

Having a car and a house can be your ambition, but people world over have a bigger picture in sight. How are we expected to have a Bill Gate or Mark Zuckerberg if those born with silver spoons are finding it hard to survive.

Children are expected to do better than their parents, but in a case where they can't even afford the same schools their parents sent them: and are even selling properties, shows the standards have fallen far off.

He has spoken about the economy, It won't be bad if you make a thread about security instead of stylishly bashing him.

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by GavelSlam: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Joevics:

Having a car and a house can be your ambition, but people world over have a bigger picture in site. How are we expected to have a Bill Gate or Mark Zuckerberg if those born with silver spoons are finding it hard to survive.

Children are expected to do better than their parents, but in a case where they can't even afford the same schools their parents sent them: and are even selling properties, shows the standards have fallen far off.

He has spoken about the economy, It won't be bad if you make a thread about security instead of stylishly bashing him.

Someone that cannot produce even a spoon should continue with his Bill Gates ambition.
grin
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
Tellemall:

Ask for my school results, not that I'm obligated to show you.

Not everyone you see on nairaland is your Nigerian. And not everybody behind a keyboard is broke like you all like to imagine to feel better.

I don't know why once you confront a Nigerian they want to tell you that you are inferior. Is everything about inferiority and money? People go to private schools without making noise and feeling superior. You guys need reorientation. Life is not about making noise, acting flashy and dying young the way you guys do in your hamlets.
chaiii.....thinking of a reply for you is already draining. Have a beautiful day. grin grin
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by seunprodigy13: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
Creampro:

And if you haven't made it, therein lies a support base for you.
one of the best mentions I have seen on nairaland...well done bros

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by bishopkay: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
afroxyz:

Nah. my point is that the system is not as flawless as you think

See why your reasoning is flawed. A working system doesn't mean there won't be incidents; no. A WORKING SYSTEM will make sure those incidents don't happen again and punish the root source for that happening in the first instance.

A working system brings government closer to the people because that's how it's meant to be
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Qatar:
Population - 2.5 million

Oil production - 4.8 million barrels per day.

Nigeria:
Population - 170 million

Oil production - 2.4 million barrels per day.

Won't bother quoting Saudi Arabia
Dont be citing shit, Nigeria is like this because our leaders are not doing their work stop trying to defend a failed system,shikena.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by GavelSlam: 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
Dont be citing shit, Nigeria is like this because our leaders are not doing their work stop trying to defend a failed system,shikena.

What is your contribution?

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

What contribution does he need to make?you can't be fighting gravity when the system is pushing down.

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by GavelSlam: 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2019
olas24u:

What contribution does he need to make?you can't be fighting gravity when the system is pushing down.

Nigerians and excuses.

If you don't produce you will perish.

That's the simple fact about any economy.

You can continue avoiding the truth.

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Nigerians and excuses.

Since 2014, Qatar has been divided into eight municipalities (Arabic: baladiyah).[186]

Al Shamal
Al Khor
Al-Shahaniya
Umm Salal
Al Daayen
Doha
Al Rayyan
Al Wakrah
For statistical purposes, the municipalities are further subdivided into 98 zones (as of 2015),which are in turn subdivided into blocks.
Can you see the structure of the country?
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Nigerians and excuses.

This is UAE
The sovereign constitutional monarchy is a federation of seven emirates consisting of Abu Dhabi (which serves as the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al Quwain. Can you see the structure.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Nigerians and excuses.

So coming back to what you have written,the most productive years of Nigeria,in industry was during regional arrangements.tnis structure will make fight against the impossible.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Nigerians and excuses.

You need a steel industry , electricity ,railway,airways,shipping lines etc to industalize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by pedrilo: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
bishopkay:

My good friend... Don't let experience teach you!

True what you said, not everyone does well over seas but You have to know wise people don't run over seas because of basically work... They go because of their working system! Our system is irredeemably broken and it can't be fixed by these crop of leaders and followers!

Don't forget the pendulum could also swing where people who went there came back to establish something for themselves and see their old friends who refused to take the leap living in penury or outrightly dead!
too much sense
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by pedrilo: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
olas24u:

Poor people are terrible,they are so damaged ,that after you help them,they become greedy and wicked to others.
i hav a broda dat is bhavin dis way currently.

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by banio: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
LadySarah:
I see no arrogance here.Igbo si ''o na ara ahu ya arawa ahu' grin grin'.Before they will trace him to Ikoyi ,just like the ph fishhead lady that flaunted her husbands earnings and they met Their waterloo that night.

What he said is something to reflect on.Nigerians are getting poorer.Before You Come at me with your rice nonsense,check the price of our former foreign rice against our local now.Can the poor even cook palm oil rice with it?I met a woman last yr who sincerely begged me for rice that her family now eats sweet potatoes for months now .Rice is a luxury to ppl now

Phedc since last yr announced 3 days on 3 days off power for us against regular 20 hrs plus Light we were enjoying.now Its 5 days off 3 days on.The enterpreneurship we are preaching,how does the common man power his business?

Npower volunteers opened a thread here to mobilize themselves and Vote in Buhari again because of #30k stipends.Graduates selling Their rights away for
#30k?Isnt it cringe worthy?

Insecurity,purchasing power Very low,Its a sad situation

GOD bless you

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by felaismyhero(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
germanized:

Yea you're right. While I know what he was trying to say as per the regular economic issues, his entitlement mentality kept popping up and killing his delivery.

Just because their own parents made enough to aend them to a 3.5m school doesn't mean they should feel entitled to the same privilege. After all, most elites are still the ones in the corridors of power, so what happened to them?

Poor people become rich, rich become poor. If you don't have money, you don't have it, simple.
you are not being realistic,i doubt if you would ever be okay being poor if your parents are rich.its natural and human for him to feel entitled

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by meobizy(f): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
...and this is why I believe in reunions only when people hit age fifty and above.
In this country anyone from age twenty to early forties is still a hustler.
I have met many forty year olds still unsure on what to do in life.
Why you wan torture yourself by seeing what others are up to when Facebook alone is enough to put pain in one’s heart?

5 Likes

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by felaismyhero(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
yaki84:

oil;crude oil.qatar even has top hotels,and is home to al jazeera.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Just forget it.have a beautiful day
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by GavelSlam: 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
Just forget it.have a beautiful day

You too.

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by GavelSlam: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
olas24u:

You need a steel industry , electricity ,railway,airways,shipping lines etc to industalize.

You need the willingness of the majority.

You need honest and inquisitive people.

Logic and science should be our bedrock.

You need creativity merged with excellence.

I tell you, all other things would be added.

No society can ever thrive on the low intellect, low morals and low self esteem that pervades the Nigerian space.

2 Likes

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:08pm On Apr 17, 2019
olas24u:

Baba you summarized it for him!in layman's way. grin
grin

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by djon78(m): 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Igbo's adage says ego di na ogwu meaning (wealth is hidden in the midst of thorns)

See to make it in this life no be beans, it must require hard work, diligence, persistence.
The era we are in Nigeria now, those characters I listed above is the only thing that will save you.
This Buihari era is what Nigeria should have gone through before, but we didn't, and it is now biting everyone.

Many young Nigerians don't know the value of money, they spend recklessly, they don't know the principles of wealth building as a result of unhealthy money attitude passed down from subsequent generations.
And the truth is that if you have not learnt these principles, if you like steal from public, do fraud, do drug business, you will shine only for a short period, and still poverty will hit you.

Nobody will teach you these principles, you will learn it from personal failing and rising falling.
Even successful people rise and fall and rise. Donald Trump was a time he went broke, bankrupt, in debt, but he bounced back and even rose higher and now President.

Steve jobs of Apple went under, he was chased away by Apple boards, but when he came back from his failure, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, iPad were all innovations that followed his comeback.

Like I said, only the strong will survive at the end of the struggle.
Most of these guys were passed down inheritance without the formula for building lasting inheritance. So they are now crying.

My little advice to aspiring young men;

Don't live above your means
Don't waste money to impress anyone be it any woman
Don't jump into any investment, study it very well and use a piece meal approach
Avoid unnecessary/reckless spending
Guard your money jealously
Running a business is good but be wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by sunnyprof: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
WHO ARE THESE INHERITANCE SYNDROME FAZE GUYS?

THE HOUSE THEY SOLD WAS TO WHO? AND WERE THE HOUSES TAKEN OUT OF NIGERIA? someone in nigeria bought it .... very simple.

THEY COULD NOT ADD VALLUE TO WHAT THEY GOT ..... THEY COULD NOT FANTHOM SOMETHING OUT IN THIS LAND WHERE THERE SO MANY NEED TO BE MET

THEY ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO THINK OUT OF THE BOX..... JUST 3.5M TO READ AND WRITE AND NOT TO INVEST OR INNOVATE ...... THEY SHOULD GO AND LEARN FROM THE TWO CHAPPS THAT STATED APTECH

THEY WANT TO KEEP LIVING IN THE LUXURY THEY GREW IN WITHOUT WORKING FOR ANYTHING

SMART GUYS ARE GATHERING THE KOBOKOBO HERE AND RAKING MILLIONS FOR THE BANKS TO USE FOR DAILY CASH TRANSACTIONS, STILL IN NIGERIA

WHO CAN TELL IF IT WAS NOT STOLEN MONIES THAT PAID THIER 3.5M GOOD FOR EMPTY LEARNING THEN?

NOW THERE IS NO CONTRACT MONEY TO PICK FREELY FOR THEIR PRIVILEDGED COMRADIER ..... SO THEY HAVE TO RUN

ABROAD NOW, DO THEY PICK MONEY ON THE STREET and IS THEIR INVESTMENT OVER THERE ENOUGH TO ELEVATE THEM? NATHER !!

NOW THEY COMPLAIN FROM WHERE? EMPTY SKULL, EMPTY POCKET OR BUSINESS THRONE?

Kindly tell them ...Nothing is wrong with Nigeria, they should change their thinking.

HE WAS TALKING AS IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO INVEST IN NIGERIA

PLEASE KINDLY REMAIN THE SLAVE YOU ARE IN CANADA OR US OR EUROPE ..... AND leave us who are making our gradual progress to Live better than YOU in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by HyAccent: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
tolanibae:
50 shades of arrogance has overshadowed the main point he’s trying to pass across

Its good that people are speaking up but this one’s sense of entitlement because his parents made it in the 60s, went to 3.5 million secondary school and built house in VI is somehow.

He said his parent does not have any property for him to sell and he lives in a mini flat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / Abducted Lagos SchoolGirls Back In School [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.