Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

'3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria (37849 Views)

Cross River: We Feed Pupils With 2 Loaves Of Bread, One Fowl, Per Term - Vendors / UNILAG Student Turns Into A Mermaid At Fagunwa Hall, Gets Arrested (Photos) / Types Of People At A Secondary School Reunion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by seangy4konji: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
For real Nigeria is in a big mess.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by adonainana: 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
afroxyz:

quick question: what makes you think if you dad went abroad you would be richer than him now?

If my dad had sold his 8 milliion naira property in 1998 and invested it in a more SANE currency. I will never be as rich as him for at least 4 generations (400 years ). This is because he would be worth millions in dollars. WIth the way my income is now, i doubt i would ever earn that during my lifetime.

Hope this answers your question

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
They are the elite based on the 'hustle' of their parents.

Question now is, what is their hustle?

What are their expectations?

If they have a car and home already, I'm assuming they want more.

All well and good, but is that a realistic expectation? High school fees doesn't translate to high academic standard. His points are lame and shallow.

If you have all these, then your only rightful complaint should be issues relating to insecurity.

Wherever else you find yourself you would hardly have more than a car and home.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
They are the elite based on the 'hustle' of their parents.

Question now is, what is their hustle?

What are their expectations?

If they have a car and home already, I'm assuming they want more.

All well and good, but is that a realistic expectation?
If you have all these, then your only rightful complaint should be issues relating to insecurity.

Wherever else you find yourself you would hardly have more than a car and home.
High school fees doesn't translate to high academic standard. His points are lame and shallow.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
adonainana:

If my dad had sold his 8 milliion naira property in 1998 and invested it in a more SANE currency. I will never be as rich as him for at least 4 generations (400 years ). This is because he would be worth millions in dollars. WIth the way my income is now, i doubt i would ever earn that during my lifetime.

Hope this answers your question
And buy in which country?8million?
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
Olufemiolaolu:
High school fees doesn't translate to high academic standard. His points are lame and shallow.
The people you meet and get to know will matter in the future than grades,you could read that they are meeting .
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by adonainana: 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
olas24u:

And buy in which country?8million?

In probably on all the 180 countries on the planet Earth except Nigeria

in 1998, His 8 million Naira was worth 400,000 Dollars ( £500,000). Even if it was a random decent house he bought in the UK 20 years ago with his money Jeje.

That property would have been worth at least £2,500,000 today date.

Hope you understand now

4 Likes

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Foolishbuhari: 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2019
bishopkay:

Oh no I am not!

Would it be fair if I called you an advocate for poverty and mediocrity?

My good sire, you really know how to handle dem zombiez. Best them with superior argument and knowledge!

Gavelslam hope you learned from this guy?
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 12:26am On Apr 18, 2019
When you folks sell those houses in VI and Ikoyi best know that those who bought it started life in the Mainland, Aba, etc...

2 Likes

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 12:40am On Apr 18, 2019
Meanwhile, checked out the dude’s bio and understand why it’s perhaps best for him to migrate...
He’s a “writer” with ChannelsTV (a joke writer on ‘The Other Show’), trying to dabble in cryptocurrency.

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by walex2(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
bishopkay:

It is definitely poverty mindset Bro LOL believe me.

Quick question... What is your confidence that investing half that money like you say for example would bring good returns, or the investment won't even die or rot away with time?

You people don't still know government policies do a lot to make a business float or die! Example... Do you know how many cement factories and companies died for dangote to be what it is today due to the government of obasanjo giving it the only license for imports at that time?

Do you know that singular move gave dangote the lion share of cement sales in Nigeria today? Then we had elephant cement, rock cement and many others... But today Rock cement is dead and you will see a thousand bags of dangote cement before you'd see 1 bag of Elephant cement.

The multiplier effect of paying 3.5m per term is absurd to a reasonable and prudent earner. with 7m you will get a good masters degree in oxford. i will rather chose dangote as a father rather than for my parents to pay such huge amounts in secondary school and i will still need to husstle abroad rather than being the CEO of my father's company after graduation

This administration you are rejoicing over is killing the middle class by its policies and not necessarily check mating the corruption and thievery still going on unabated at the top and that is why we are complaining!

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by walex2(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Olufemiolaolu:

many dumb people dont believe this
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by walex2(m): 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
olas24u:

Still your mentality,the people and network in school matter more than grades in school.And again 3.5m per three month is not true.

how many month(s) makes a term in secondary school?
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
walex2:

The original post was per annum,this was sugar coated.

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
walex2:

He was an old student and did not pay that figure ,but quoted current figures per year

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by BetterWorld100: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
WhatsApp me on 09013910304 to know how to make money by answering questions. Class starts at 8pm.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
olas24u:

You obviously don't live in the country or very young.have you heard of the structural adjustment programme before?that was the main policy that killed industries.and you need electricity to produce,cairo is a city in Egypt,it produces 25000 mega watts,Tokyo is a city in Japan ,it produces 70,000,South Africa produces 40000.so ours is less than 4000.how can you industalize with this type of figure.
So u cannot read n comprehend what I wrote, be arguing with ur phone there.
Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by seguno2: 5:11am On Apr 25, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
The question is what did their parents actually do to afford that lifestyle for them back in the day? 3.5 mil per term school is definitely not for the middle class, even less 20 years ago. So why don't people like him just do what the parents did, continue running the family business and just keep getting richer?

My guess is that there was never any business to begin with. Maybe their parents were the jobbers who brought Nigeria to its knees in the first place, now they are either retired or dead, so no more access to free money. Of course the kids of today's political class and their proxies are the ones attending 3.5 million per term schools now. And guess what? Themselves and their parents are eating the future of Nigeria, today. Those kids will surely come back here too, to lament when their parents are dead.

Spoken like a wise man.
Thanks wink

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by seguno2: 5:17am On Apr 25, 2019
michlins:
They would call you corrupt soon. Fact is that if you aren't a politician, you na sufferhead

Can the politicians get into public office and steal money without the active or passive endorsement of the suffer heads

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by seguno2: 5:21am On Apr 25, 2019
olas24u:

You obviously don't live in the country or very young.have you heard of the structural adjustment programme before?that was the main policy that killed industries.and you need electricity to produce,cairo is a city in Egypt,it produces 25000 mega watts,Tokyo is a city in Japan ,it produces 70,000,South Africa produces 40000.so ours is less than 4000.how can you industalize with this type of figure.

What was the electricity situation before SAP?
Was it better than what we have today
Your megawatts for Nigeria does not include what is privately generated, so please update.
Where there is a will there is always a way. Do you know who sang those words

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by seguno2: 5:28am On Apr 25, 2019
afroxyz:
so in the US or abroad they dont have police that kill innocent citizens?

Is that why Baba Suwe carried his son to the USA and many others are finding ways to get there and stay?
Or maybe it is the Americans that are praying and fasting for Nigerian visa to come and stay here since their own police kill innocent citizens to just like ours

1 Like

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by seguno2: 5:34am On Apr 25, 2019
bishopkay:
It is definitely poverty mindset Bro LOL believe me.

Quick question... What is your confidence that investing half that money like you say for example would bring good returns, or the investment won't even die or rot away with time?

You people don't still know government policies do a lot to make a business float or die! Example... Do you know how many cement factories and companies died for dangote to be what it is today due to the government of obasanjo giving it the only license for imports at that time?

Do you know that singular move gave dangote the lion share of cement sales in Nigeria today? Then we had elephant cement, rock cement and many others... But today Rock cement is dead and you will see a thousand bags of dangote cement before you'd see 1 bag of Elephant cement.

This administration you are rejoicing over is killing the middle class by its policies and not necessarily check mating the corruption and thievery still going on unabated at the top and that is why we are complaining!

Too many wise people on this thread grin
Thanks for your insight.

2 Likes

Re: '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria by olas24u(f): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2019
[quote author=seguno2 post=77833024]

What was the electricity situation before SAP?
Was it better than what we have today
Your megawatts for Nigeria does not include what is privately generated, so please update.
Where there is a will there is always a way. Do you know who sang those words [/quote
You failed to get the gist ,that you need certain figures to industrialize .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Summary Of Jamb Novel "Sweet Sixteen" By Bolaji Abdullai / Dangerous Mistakes We Made Before We Graduated From School! / Nassarawa State University Post-ume Is Out Hurry'''' 16th-19th July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.