Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson (37406 Views)

CEO Blasts Security Guard For Sleeping On Duty (Photos) / How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals / Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by SocialJustice: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
paddyofboss:
I know boiz that sleep 4 hours a day in one HK and yet maga never pay. So painful
Na their alert dey loud pass. It is the law of nature to reward sacrifice. Always.

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by paddyofboss(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
SocialJustice:
Na their alert dey loud pass. It is the law of nature to reward sacrifice. Always.
Real matters

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by olabent85(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
How you take know? You dey stalk them....lol
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by sweetilicious(f): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
So it means i am going to make it? I sleep approximately 5hrs.

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by charlsecy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2019
TooNoisy:
These guys are now in their 60s so naturally they need more sleep...... did they sleep this much in their 30s?
7 - 8 hours of sleep is not bad. It's normal and not "much."

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by bayelsaowei(m): 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
These are guys that could actually get to their places of work with a chopper.. abeg make person hear word..
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by bigtt76(f): 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
And what were they up that early doing? tongue tongue tongue

maol27:
Sleeping is very important especially if you want to be successful in life. But sleep at the right time with the right amount of sleeping time is very essential.

Here are the sleeping habits of the most successful people.

1 Richard Branson:
Sleeps 5 - 7 hours a day, 12 am - 5/6 am.

2 Bill Gates:
Sleeps 7 hours a day with no set time.

3 Jack Dorsey:
Sleeps 7 hours a day, 10:30pm - 5:30am.

4 Jeff Bezzos:
Sleeps 7 - 8 hours a day, 10pm - 5/6 am.

Source and more:
The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People. http://www.sanwomi.com/2019/04/the-sleeping-habits-of-successful-people.html

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by OhiOfIhima: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
What of me that sleeps 4 hours a day. 1 a.m to 5 a.m?
Are you selling gala in Lagos traffic?
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
sweetilicious:
So it means i am going to make it? I sleep approximately 5hrs.
Sure.
You will make it in life sis.
Jesus got you covered already.
Your future is so bright and beautiful.
Pray and work towards it.
Meet you at the top sweetie!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by AnuliKay: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2019
Sleep is important

Your Instagram Captions Will Be Lit With These Nicki Minaj Barbie Freestyles:

Instagram is the most popular social media app now. The visual journal has spawned a culture of posting bomb AF pictures. To successfully grow your Instagram account, you need more than pretty pictures, as captions are a major factor. Enter Nicki Minaj.

Nicki Minaj is a famous female rapper whose bars are globally considered iconic. She recently released her album, Queen and has just announced the completion of her fifth album.

These lyrics from her recent freestyles, will be the perfect caption for your Instagram account.

See them here: https://kaynuli.com/lit-instagram-captions-from-nicki-minaj-barbie-freestyles/

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by payman(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
lol...see me wey dey sleep frm 8pm to 7am,and my 5 year plan na to enter forbes list.una sure say e go work?
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by sweetilicious(f): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Thank you for the encouraging words.
post=77617992:

Sure.
You will make it in life sis.
Jesus got you covered already.
Your future is so bright and beautiful.
Pray and work towards it.
Meet you at the top sweetie!

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
sweetilicious:
Thank you for the encouraging words.
You are always welcome sis.....anytime!

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by MizAijay(f): 1:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
TooNoisy:
24 hours is more than enough time in a day to be very productive and have at least 7 hours of decent sleep.

It's about prioritizing the important things and ensuring they are done at the right time. That way, one will sleep well.

Your comment suggests that we have a total of 31 hours in a day. We have only 24 hours and the 7 hours of sleep should come out of that 24 hours in a day.
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by Icon79(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2019

1 Richard Branson:

2 Bill Gates:

3 Jack Dorsey:

4 Jeff Bezzos:

5. Icon79:
Sleeps 7 hours a day (m - f), 9/9:30pm - 4am.

O pari
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by akilo1: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
Buhari nko
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by meobizy(f): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ah ah, they are lazy men.
I sleep only an hour nightly.
They should get on my level.
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
TooNoisy:
These guys are now in their 60s so naturally they need more sleep. And besides, they have built organisations that run by themselves.

However, did they sleep this much in their 30s?

Wrong. Generally, the older you become, the less sleep you need

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by eyinola: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
maol27:
Sleeping is very important especially if you want to be successful in life. But sleep at the right time with the right amount of sleeping time is very essential.

1 Richard Branson:

2 Bill Gates:

3 Jack Dorsey:

4 Jeff Bezzos:

Source and more:
The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People. http://www.sanwomi.com/2019/04/the-sleeping-habits-of-successful-people.html

I think dem say rich people no dey sleep pass 3 hrs a day... Lolz
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by koboko69: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
TooNoisy:
These guys are now in their 60s so naturally they need more sleep. And besides, they have built organisations that run by themselves.

How much hours u sleep does not define how rich u will be. This nonsense mentality has to stop in Nigeria.
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by sammiepraise(m): 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
TooNoisy:

good question.
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by spinna: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
Johnbosco77:
Great men
That's how they sleep..
The lady above me, pls what do U mean by D...
Do U like D?

You do you like the P? Or is it the b?
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by Ginomel(m): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
What of me that sleeps 4 hours a day. 1 a.m to 5 a.m?

Don't pride in that.

Some people live up to 62 and die while some are very healthy at 81. The difference could be how they slept and managing their well being.

what goes around comes around.
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by NwaliE01: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
As a student, I dare not try their sleeping habit.
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by IprintMONEY: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
me na number 2 . no fucking set time. anytime is morning to me
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by CanadaOrBust: 4:22am On Apr 18, 2019
maol27:
Sleeping is very important especially if you want to be successful in life. But sleep at the right time with the right amount of sleeping time is very essentisl

Not necessarily. See below.

How Much Sleep Does Donald Trump Get? When Does He Wake Up?
Mark Reddick
Last Updated On April 8, 2019
1 comment
donald trump sleep schedule
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Pinterest
Is it me or does it seem like successful people and top performers need less sleep than the average person?

Love him or hate him, there’s no denying that President Donald Trump is one of our planet’s most successful people, and arguably the most powerful person in the world. So how many hours per night do you think he sleeps? And what do you imagine his daily routine is like?

Related: Learn about the sleep habits of geniuses.

On average, he gets about four to five hours per night. Want to know how he manages? Keep reading to find out more about Donald Trump’s sleep schedule.

Quick Links

Overview of President Trump’s Sleep Schedule
What is the Thatcher Gene?
Characteristics of a Short Sleeper
Sleeping Habits of Other U.S. Presidents
Frequently Asked Questions
Conclusion
Overview of President Trump’s Sleep Schedule
Trump has a tough job. After all, he has to lead the most powerful country while maintaining an active Twitter account. That’s a joke. I love his Twitter account.

Anyway, he says that to get everything done he works until about midnight or one o’clock in the morning. Then he’s back up and at ‘em at 5 am.

During particularly busy times, those four to five hours can become as little as three. He’s been maintaining this schedule for years, not just as president, but as a businessman, too. He reasons that he’s better able to compete and accomplish more than someone who sleeps double or triple that amount of time.

What is the Thatcher Gene?
Trump may be part of a group called the “sleepless elite.” People who belong in this category can get by and even thrive with a fraction of the sleep that normal people get. It’s being attributed to a gene that people in the UK refer to as “The Thatcher Gene,” based on Margaret Thatcher’s sleeping habits of getting just four hours per night of rest.

In other parts of the world, The Thatcher Gene is simply referred to as being a “short sleeper.” This term refers to the amount of time one sleeps per night, not their height, of course. Though the percentage of the total number of people who fall into this category is small (about 1% of the population), they’re at a pretty distinct advantage because they can get by with just four to six hours per night.

Though it may seem anecdotal, there is a building body of evidence supporting a short-sleeping gene. A biologist at the University of California, San Francisco, by the name of Ying-Hui Fu started studying people with this gene just over 20 years ago.

Fu discovered what we already know as widely accepted common sense. She theorized that people are either early risers, night owls or something in the middle. But, she also found multiple genes associated with short-sleeping, and so we now also believe that this ability (or disorder as some like to call it) is genetic.

image of margaret thatcher
Characteristics of a Short Sleeper
Energetic
Since they don’t seem to need sleep (or at least as much of it), it makes sense that short sleepers would naturally have more energy. Annoying, right?

Outgoing
Maybe it’s all those extra hours of learning how to be social. Or maybe they get out to more parties while the rest of the world is sleeping. Either way, this group of sleepless elite tends to display more extroverted behavior.

Optimistic
This is definitely a genetic anomaly! “Normal” people are cranky and pessimistic when they don’t get enough sleep.

Ambitious
Rather than lying in bed for extra hours, short sleepers take the world by storm. They’re up and ready to go early, and they’ll keep working while the rest of us are watching American Ninja Warrior.

High Metabolism
All that energy can also translate into fidgeting and more movement. The more we move, the more calories we burn, so it makes sense that these miraculous creatures would also have a higher metabolism.

High Tolerance to Pain
This characteristic is perhaps the most magical of all. As someone with almost zero pain tolerance, I’m about ready to rip this gene out of someone and splice it onto my own. If only it worked that way. It could be that the short sleeper / Thatcher gene has other unique and beneficial characteristics. Or, it could be that their sheer optimism diminishes any pain sensations that come their way.

man in black shorts giving a punch
Sleeping Habits of Other U.S. Presidents
Barack Obama
During his presidency, Obama was a classic night owl. Often, he’d work for several hours after dinner, up until about 2 am. Then he would rest for five hours.

Bill Clinton
Former president Bill Clinton got more sleep than Trump and Obama, but not by much. He averaged about six hours per night, though often got only four. Like Obama, he did a lot of his work in the middle of the night. But, unlike Barack, instead of emailing his staff, Clinton would phone them in the middle of the night.

Also, Clinton almost undoubtedly didn’t have the short sleeper gene. We know that sleep deprivation can have devastating health effects, and Clinton had heart surgery in his 50s even though he lived an otherwise healthy lifestyle.

George W. Bush
Bush slept more than most presidents, getting about nine hours of nightly shuteye. He went to bed at nine o’clock and slept until about 6 am. In defenses of his desire for extra sleep, he said he kept a “tight but efficient” schedule.

Calvin Coolidge
Between naps and an early bedtime, Calvin Coolidge got a whopping 11 hours of sleep per night! However, this habit wasn’t entirely due to just being tired or needing extra rest. Instead, historians theorize that his extended sleep schedule was because he suffered from depression. His son died at the tragically young age of 16, and Coolidge likely never recovered, especially since he never sought grief counseling.

image of calvin coolidge
photo credit: Wikipedia
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all successful people sleep less?
The answer to this question might surprise you! One would think that all successful people thrive on less sleep. After all, it can be a huge competitive advantage if you can get by on a couple of hours less shuteye each night. Imagine how much more you could accomplish!

In reality, there’s only a 12-minute difference in the amount of sleep that successful people get. On average, they get 6.6 hours per night, while “regular” people get 6.8 hours.

Which president slept the least?
While George W. Bush got the most sleep, ironically it was his father, George H.W. Bush, who got the least. It’s been reported by live-in White House Staff, that Bush regularly slept just two hours a night, from 2 am until 4 am. However, he did take advantage of napping opportunities throughout the day. If he was traveling, he’d get some rest while in transit.

Conclusion
Donald Trump’s daily routine doesn’t leave much room for downtime. And it doesn’t appear like he’s one of the genetically gifted short-sleepers. Hopefully, his lack of rest doesn’t negatively affect his health or ability to lead. With a current approval rating of only 37%, he may do a little better if he takes a nap!

More Reading
Top 11 Sleeping Habits of Successful People [Infographic]
How Much Sleep Do We Really Need? Recommended Sleep Times for Every Age
Sleeping 3 Hours – How to Sleep Less

Author: Mark Reddick
When I’m not learning about sleep, you can find me hanging out with my wife and close friends.

I absolutely love entrepreneurship and learning how to improve yourself daily. We only get one life, and I want to make it the best one possible.

I hope that everyone that finds our site takes a new approach to sleep. The world needs to stop thinking about it as something “we just do,” but rather something that allows us “to do every day.”

Twitter
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Pinterest
RELATED ARTICLES
45 Sleep Mantras Better Than Counting Sheep 45 Sleep Mantras Better Than Counting Sheep
ZzZs to Dollars: How much does Sleep Deprivation Cost? ZzZs to Dollars: How much does Sleep Deprivation Cost?
Dream Journal Templates to Help You Reconnect to Your Creativity Dream Journal Templates to Help You Reconnect to Your Creativity
1 Comment

TIM
November 12, 2018 at 5:50 am
I’m reminded of Millhouse on the Simpsons throwing the photocopier out the window. MILLHOUSE! DID YOU TAKE YOUR NAP!?
“DOES IT LOOK LIKE I TOOK MY NAP!? HAHAHAHAHAHAA

The trouble is if you’re the president, that photocopier might be a bomb and the school car park might be Syria

LEAVE A REPLY
Name

Website
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Disclosure
Transparency Disclosure – We may receive a referral fee (at no additional cost to the buyer) for products purchased through the links on our site or other applicable pages. To learn more, please read our full disclosure page here. We also encourage you to read about how we may research and/or test Products here.

like us on Facebook

Learn About Sleep
45 Sleep Mantras Better Than Counting Sheep
45 Sleep Mantras Better Than Counting Sheep
April 10, 2019
ZzZs to Dollars: How much does Sleep Deprivation Cost?
ZzZs to Dollars: How much does Sleep Deprivation Cost?
April 8, 2019
Dream Journal Templates to Help You Reconnect to Your Creativity
Dream Journal Templates to Help You Reconnect to Your Creativity
March 29, 2019
Napping with the Rich and Famous: Top 8 Most Famous Nappers
Napping with the Rich and Famous: Top 8 Most Famous Nappers
March 29, 2019
Parent’s Guide to a Child’s Sleep
Parent’s Guide to a Child’s Sleep
March 26, 2019
Sleep Disorders
Excessive Daytime Somnolence – A Sleeping Disorder
Excessive Daytime Somnolence – A Sleeping Disorder
March 19, 2019
Two Mouthpieces Commonly Used for Sleep Apnea – Pros & Cons of Both Devices
Two Mouthpieces Commonly Used for Sleep Apnea – Pros & Cons of Both Devices
January 9, 2019
13 Tips To Ease a Nightmare in Toddlers
13 Tips To Ease a Nightmare in Toddlers
January 7, 2019
Hypnic (Hypnagogic) Jerking Explained – The Comprehensive Guide For 2019
Hypnic (Hypnagogic) Jerking Explained – The Comprehensive Guide For 2019
January 3, 2019
Waking up With Diarrhea at Night? Here are 8 Common Treatment Options
Waking up With Diarrhea at Night? Here are 8 Common Treatment Options
November 19, 2018
Follow Us on Social Media

Info and Legal
About Us
Contact Us
Terms & Conditions
Privacy Policy
Contribute
About Us
Sleep Advisor was created out of frustration. We asked our friends about how they find information about sleep information and products. Most of them kept saying they go online and read what shows up on Google. After hearing that, we decided to try it out for ourselves. We conducted search after search and realized there was a common issue: The information wasn’t up to our standards.

Read More >

Copyright © 2019, Sleep Advisor. All rights reserved.
Important - By using this website, you are agreeing to our Terms of Use

1 Like

Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by AlphaSoul: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2021
maol27:

1 Richard Branson:

2 Bill Gates:

3 Jack Dorsey:

4 Jeff Bezzos:

Source and more:

Insightful.
Re: The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson by lindatola1: 1:16pm On Apr 27
Incredible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Skye Bank Salary Scale: Salary Of Skye Bank Nigeria PLC / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver / Dapper Man Selling Fruits In Traffic In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.