Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration (7500 Views)

Dalung, Lalong And Others At WestAfrica Golf Tour Tee-off At IBB Intl Golf Club / Rabiu Kwankwaso Presidential Declaration, Live On Ait. Pictures. / 2015 PRESIDENTIAL DECLARATION!!!BUHARI VISITS AND INVITES GOVERNOR FASHOLA!(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Ayowumie(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2010
The ends they say justify the means. Abacha's govt was the first to critically dig into Nigerian Banks rots and he single-handedly approved d fund for and completed LNG in Bonny Island which remains one of d most important money-making matchine for Nigeria to date. But a pocket of positive decisions like these dont remove the over-all assessment of leaders like Abacha (as even admitted by IBB) as being wicked, inept, and inapt for leadership positions.

So, in the light of above quote, where does IBB stand?
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by shakara4u(m): 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2010
[quote][/quote]
[b][/b]GBAAM!!!!!!!!!!onlytruth,whats your take on this question
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by ausman: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2010
IBB is an expire political commodity. to hell wit him. lol.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
shakara4u:

GBAAM!!!!!!!!!!onlytruth,whats your take on this question
"In the country of the blind, one-eyed man is the king", so says the great Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
Why did I start with this quote?
In the history of Nigerian nationhood, we have never had what I would classify as a superlative leader. By this I mean transformative leaders like Mahatir Muhammed of Malaysia, Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore, Jerry Rawlings of Ghana, and maybe Nelson Mandela of South Africa.

Since the failed January 1966 coup, all has not been the same in Nigeria. So, we have to make do with what ill fated history as  burdened to us.
Looking back through our history, one is compelled to compare all our previous leaders and match their records one by one. So far, IBB's record of achievements trumps the rest. If Abacha were still alive, maybe he would have achieved more, 'cos frankly, inspite of his dictatorship, Abacha was headed somewhere. Under him, we had security and Naira was very stable at $84/$.

Therefore IBB is that one eyed man in this country of the blind. cool
Now, having said that, does that mean we may never find a man with full 20-20 eyesight to lead Nigeria? NO. What it means is that those who are jostling to rule Nigeria must demonstrate with whatever opportunity they have, their leadership abilities. That is why someone like Jonathan is not really impressing me much, because he is there and have not really done anything transformative since he was acting, and then became the substantive president.

We wouldn't be arguing this if we no longer have kidnappings, or we have 24 hrs electricity, or that all the thieves of public office are behind bars.  . .you know, something powerfully new and refreshing. His government is too much like Obasanjo and yar adua combined.

You need some earth shaking policy changes in Nigeria to move us forcefully forward
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Solomon227(m): 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2010
@ Ayowumie

The ends they say justify the means. Abacha's govt was the first to critically dig into Nigerian Banks rots and he single-handedly approved d fund for and completed LNG in Bonny Island which remains one of d most important money-making matchine for Nigeria to date. But a pocket of positive decisions like these dont remove the over-all assessment of leaders like Abacha (as even admitted by IBB) as being wicked, inept, and inapt for leadership positions.

Go back to my response and u will see I was responding to a foolish list of established beauracratic agencies as achievements of IBB.

Abacha's case I have cited is just an analogy of leaders 'taking 2 steps forward and taking 1000x steps backward'. IBB created agencies to siphon Billions of Naira to offshore accounts. He instituted repressive economic programmes like SAP and that is still being counted as an achievement, he started a transition programme into civil rule first cancelled Yaradua's election and finally MKO's election that forced him out of power 1993.

Ask OBJ his achievements in 8 years and he will hand you a crazy list of rurbish that wil be 10x IBB's. I have just mentioned 2 of possible items on Abacha list of achievent. But on the overall have they impacted on the lifes of Nigerians?

IBB stands out among the past leaders with worst looting and killing records and to make his case worse he hasnt shown any democratic tendencies (just like OBJ) and will only come back to become a maximum ruler and like OBJ will surely want to die in Aso rock. And judging by his past he will simply remove all oppositions trying to stop him from dieing on the throne.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by aduahim: 12:33am On Nov 08, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Photos From Tambuwal’s Defection To PDP, PDP calls APC dysfunctional / Difference How Ghanaian And Nigerian Soldiers Handle Covid19 Lockdown Offenders / Akpabio Doing Havoc In Akwa Ibom With Highest Allocation (600billion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.