Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration (7498 Views)

Dalung, Lalong And Others At WestAfrica Golf Tour Tee-off At IBB Intl Golf Club / Rabiu Kwankwaso Presidential Declaration, Live On Ait. Pictures. / 2015 PRESIDENTIAL DECLARATION!!!BUHARI VISITS AND INVITES GOVERNOR FASHOLA!(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by xterra2(m): 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2010
Beaf:

This is 100% [size=14pt]MetalDung[/size]!
There is no crowd, we've got folks on the scene. Not a single PDP top shot turned up. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Not a MetalDung
Actually there was a crowd a large one,
And PDP top ShotS turned out like Governors same governors that influenced PDP's order of primaries
Thats why i out the www.watchnta.com website you and everyone else could see it

OAM4J:

Can anyone watching the declaration confirm if the Niger State Governor - Babangida Aliyu is at the rally.
I can confirm he was and he gave a speech
I wrote the www.watchnta.com website so you people could see it live ha an now

Beaf:

He is there. The only other governors in attendance are gov's of Zamfara (married to IBB's daughter) and Nasarawa.
Niger state PDP backed out. grin

Gov Nyako of Adamawa state was also there

marvix:

If the Niger state gov is not present or has chosen to back Jonathan then the light at the end of the Nigerian tunnel is actually in sight.

It implies that d presidential contest would be a national contest and not ethnic or regional, supports should not be justbecause someone is of your tribe, religion or zone.

I look forward to a day an Ibo man will contest and win the governorship seat of a state like Lagos or Kano and when an Edo man can contest in Ogun State and when you dont have to be an indigene to be made a commisioner of a state.

I still believe in Nigeria, If after 25yrs of continuos despoilation of the land we still are here at the threshold of a new dawn, I believe that in another 25 yrs we wld be greater than we can imagine, that the generation coming behind us will have kind words for us, this is my dream

Cut it short ,
He was there
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by olafolarin(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2010
those People were paid spectators doing their Job
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Solomon227(m): 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2010
High dignitries there right now are: Ken Nnamani, Alex Akinyele, Peter Odili, Mrs Adiukwu Bakare and a host of others

Cant find any person that can deliver PDP presidential ticket to IBB among this people. They are all spent forces politically

Simple as KOBO's brain
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by mechris: 12:22am On Sep 16, 2010
IBB will be fooled and toyed with by nigerians this time, just the way he did us back then.This is what u get when u eat your future prematurely and begin to desire it again with an evil passion albeit at an old age.I guess the scenario will be that he will eventually have a heart attack at the end of the election then 'willfully' join maryam yonder.Adieu IBB 2011, O TI KU, !!!
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Vindy: 4:40am On Sep 16, 2010
When I saw Ken Nnamani there my heart went out tm my unborn kids and Nigeria, I loved and respected that man, where are the true statesmen that can't bind with money. Known of them is playing politics having the poor masses at heart, but to butter their bread. How did IBB must have given or promised I kept wondering. God help Naija.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2010
Dede1:

This is a machination of fool’s delight. If you have forgotten pal, any form of socio-political trust in the jungle called Nigeria died in 1966.

Any true born Igbo person who dreams to become president of cesspit called Nigeria is a redundant fool.
Masterful creature of Igbo heritage must never cease to articulate the means of unconditional disintegration of Nigeria.

I think the money! money!! money!!! money!!!! money!!!!! money!!!!!! money!!!!!!! music will not allow such.

Even in the New Mansion of Biafra, lots of betrayal will be ochestrated by money! money!! money!!! money!!!! money!!!!! money!!!!!! money!!!!!!! music.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2010
I just can't shake off this feeling that IBB under VERY TOUGH oil market (under $20/barrel) did what Obasanjo couldn't do in 8 years of above $80/barrel. cool

Nigeria was making in a year then what Nigeria makes in a month today. Yet IBB built more infrastructures then.

Just look at IBB achievements! I just can't believe it! An edifice like the THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE was build by IBB. Even everything that makes Abuja tick today was built by him.
Every institution of substance even INEC (was a remnant of his NEC). Nobody has made ANY improvements on IBB's achievements since he left office.
All institutions of the Federal government today from Federal road safety commission, to SSS to National defence college (he called it National war college), . .you name it, IBB did it! shocked shocked shocked

Chei! Frankly I've never fully thought about these until now!

And he did these with oil at miserable international prices! Now imagine what he can do today with Nigeria swimming in oil money.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

I just can't shake off this feeling that IBB under VERY TOUGH oil market (under $20/barrel) did what Obasanjo couldn't do in 8 years of above $80/barrel. cool

Nigeria was making in a year then what Nigeria makes in a month today. Yet IBB built more infrastructures then.

Just look at IBB achievements! I just can't believe it! An edifice like the THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE was build by IBB. Even everything that makes Abuja tick today was built by him.
Every institution of substance even INEC (was a remnant of his NEC). Nobody has made ANY improvements on IBB's achievements since he left office.
All institutions of the Federal government today from Federal road safety commission, to SSS to National defence college (he called it National war college), . .you name it, IBB did it! shocked shocked shocked

And he did these with oil at miserable international prices! Now imagine what he can do today with Nigeria swimming in oil money. 
Stop being stup!d with your useless thinking. . .how was nigeria eceonomy like before IBB came into power ? Please inform me about that.
what is the inflation rate between both regimes ? Fyi,the third mainland bridge was constructed with about 30 million naira and if i'm not mistaken,that should be about today's 30 million dollars. . .is that not too much ?
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

No one begs you to shake off the feeling of part of the windfall talking from your coffer.
Theives with cheap conscience. Hope he paid up to a Million to buy up that miserable conscience of yours.
Shit.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 8:09am On Sep 16, 2010
I'm sure that many Nigerians have never REALLY thought about IBB's achievements in terms of building institutions of governance and building Nigeria as a whole, all with VERY meager resources. Nigeria was making about $12 - $15 billion annually then. Yet he built more infrastructure than Obasanjo who ruled as Nigeria made about $80 billion annually.

[size=18pt]This Abiola thing is STEALING the future of this country. The sooner this is buried with the man the better for Nigeria.[/size]

I cannot see any other candidate better than IBB in this election. The man is head and shoulder above the rest.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 8:20am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

I'm sure that many Nigerians have never REALLY thought about IBB's achievements in terms of building institutions of governance and building Nigeria as a whole, all with VERY meager resources. Nigeria was making about $12 - $15 billion annually then. Yet he built more infrastructure than Obasanjo who ruled as Nigeria made about $80 billion annually.

[size=18pt]This Abiola thing is STEALING the future of this country. The sooner this is buried with the man the better for Nigeria.[/size]

I cannot see any other candidate better than IBB in this election. The man is head and shoulder above the rest.

Your confession in the coloured and boldened part is understandable.
(1) You can not see.
(2) So your judgement is based on hearsay enveloped with heresy.
A blind man singing a song of shame. Shio.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

The US and UK have young men as their leaders but our so-called future leaders of tomorrow have grown up to sell their souls to an old man. . .
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by yemmight(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2010
Honestly, Ken is the only Ibo politician I used to respect and if the guy is romancing IBB,  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by bkbabe97y(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2010
yemmight:

Honestly, Ken is the only Ibo politician I used to respect and if the guy is romancing IBB,  undecided undecided undecided

Is this Ken dude Ibo? He is?!?! So, why the hell r u surprised?
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 8:28am On Sep 16, 2010
yemmight:

Ken is a solid as ever. You just have to look carefully to understand what is going on. IBB remains the best in this election. The man is the only real leader we've had in about 40 years. Murtala Muhammed was another but didn't last long so we would never know. IBB designed everything we have today as Federal Government. Name it, and IBB did it!

So, Nnamani remains a true statesman.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 8:32am On Sep 16, 2010
Olaolufred:

Your confession in the coloured and boldened part is understandable.
(1) You can not see.
(2) So your judgement is based on hearsay enveloped with heresy.
A blind man singing a song of shame. Shio.

How old are you? If you are not old enough, how can you say I base my findings on hearsay?

I saw it all first hand. I'm just recalling it all now because Nigerians have been inundated and intimidated by the Abiola mob.

We are losing the future to Abiola! The man died as he lived. He sponsored all the coups of the 80s. God only paid him in his own coin. How can I forget?

IBB build everything we know today as Federal Government.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by eyanpataki: 8:43am On Sep 16, 2010
whether u like it or not;
the capable one will assume the position and is no other person than IBB
tell me he does a harm and i will transform the harm into good for you
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 9:05am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ken is a solid as ever. You just have to look carefully to understand what is going on. IBB remains the best in this election. The man is the only real leader we've had in about 40 years. Murtala Muhammed was another but didn't last long so we would never know. IBB designed everything we have today as Federal Government. Name it, and IBB did it!

So, Nnamani remains a true statesman.

Old Brain advocating for old rogue.

I B B devalued Naira at ( 1 USD to 0.892 Naira ) in 1985, to (1 USD to 21 Naira) when leaving in 1993. Due to his "chop make I chop policy".

I know OnlytruthLies was old enough then to be part and parcel of the corruption that devalued our money by 1,177% in 8 years.

In 2010, 1 USD is equivalent to 148.50 Naira. This also means that between the exit of evil genius in 1993 and 2010 (17years), Naira is devalued by 353.6%.

Baba Ole or Barawo. I know I am young (30+). But where is the dignity of your old age?

To hell with you and your IBB.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 9:12am On Sep 16, 2010
Olaolufred:

I B B devalued Naira at ( 1 USD to 0.892 Naira ) in 1985, to (1 USD to 21 Naira) when leaving in 1993. Due to his "chop make I chop policy".

I know OnlytruthLies was old enough then to be part and parcel of the corruption that devalued our money by 1,177% in 8 years.

In 2010, 1 USD is equivalent to 148.50 Naira. This also means that between the exit of evil genius in 1993 and 2010 (17years), Naira is devalued by 353.6%.

Baba Ole or Barawo. I know I am young (30+). But where is the dignity of your old age?

No my friend, you on the other hand is already in hell, because that is where your master Abiola is now.

This is 2010 and we are making tens of billions of dollars every month. So why is Naira at N140/$ ?
If when oil was under $20/barrel, we still had Naira at N21/$, why do we have all the money, but we can't improve Naira values?

I am NOT even sure I'm older than you.

You are just an irresponsible fool who can't reason outside the realm of a dogmatic mob.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 9:12am On Sep 16, 2010
eyanpataki:

whether u like it or not;
the capable one will assume the position and is no other person than IBB
tell me he does a harm and i will transform the harm into good for you

Eyanyepere, Pele o.

I hope you are not part of the rented crowd complaining of not being paid at Eagle's Square.

Or are you the contractor who did not pay the contracted?

Arije nidi modaru. Ole.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2010
Olaolufred:

Eyanyepere, Pele o.

I hope you are not part of the rented crowd complaining of not being paid at Eagle's Square.

Or are you the contractor who did not pay the contracted?

Arije nidi modaru. Ole.

You think by abusing people you make your case stronger against IBB? C'mon we are not all airheads you know.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

No my friend, you on the other hand is already in hell, because that is where you master Abiola is now.

This is 2010 and we are making tens of billions of dollars every month. So why is Naira at N140/$ ?
If when oil was under $20/barrel, we still had Naira at N21/$, why do we have all the money, but we can't improve Naira values?

I am NOT even sure I'm older than you.

You are just an irresponsible fool who can't reason outside the realm of a dogmatic mob.

You can never be sure of your age. The years changes with your belly.

Money can make you an 80 years or a 10 years old depending on the contract you want to sign with your Baba.

I never will expect a derailed, deluded and unsound mind like yours to know his age.

Wait for another analysis.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2010
Olaolufred:

So your age is 30+ right? Are you a computer code?
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Onlytruth(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2010
Answer my questions though. What are OBJs achievements apart from killing all this political opponents and committing incest with his son's wife?

Before you condemn IBB look at your ugly brother first and count his achievements in office. What did OBJ achieve in office? Yet he wanted to rule for ever?

All these Abiola mobs must be stopped! Nonsense. cool
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2010
When Naira was introduced in 1973, 1 USD = 0.7143

Before your IBB took it over in 1985,   1 USD = 0.7649.

Devaluation of Naira between 1973 and 1984 (12years) = 7%.

Crude oil price per barrel between 1973 and 1984 = 3.10USD and 30 USD per Barrel

Why were the pre- IBB's government able to pen devaluation at 7% in 12 years with 21.31 USD per barrel(average for 12 years)?

When your IBB at same rate Maintained almost 1,500% devaluation in 8 years.

Chop make I chop people. Funny at muddling the Truth. Why they like to associate with truth, they are far from it.

Rogues.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 9:57am On Sep 16, 2010
Barawo has signed out. Afraid of facing the fact.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Answer my questions though. What are OBJs achievements apart from killing all this political opponents and committing incest with his son's wife?

Before you condemn IBB look at your ugly brother first and count his achievements in office. What did OBJ achieve in office? Yet he wanted to rule for ever?

All these Abiola mobs must be stopped! Nonsense. cool

It is not Nonsense. I Remember Obasanjo didn't do well.

But, shall we because OBJ failed an exam(at 30% score), pass IBB with 20%.

Note this: Nigerian revolted against OBJ third term. OBJ can't come to say he wants to rule us.

IBB said he wants. That is the reason why he (IBB) is being disected to know if he had a good precedence.

If OBJ anounce his ambition tomorrow, then we look at what he did in his 8 years as well.

I never voted for OBJ. and will not because I do not like OBJ's rule give IBB a big 100% score for ruining this Nation called Nigeria.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Solomon227(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2010
@ Onlylies

All these Abiola mobs must be stopped! Nonsense.

Nna u shuld be ashamed of yourself because the North&IBB gave u an Evil OBJ leaving behind evil deeds and the same North is now giving u an undiluted Evil-supremo and u are still em brassing it like your brain don loose all d memory. rubbish
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by desgiezd(m): 11:32am On Sep 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Would you ever talk this way if Abiola were to be your father?
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 16, 2010
[size=14pt]This ONLYTRUTH guy is peanut brained. He just keeps arguing sentimentally without hard facts to back his claim. IBB built the 3rd mainland bridge. So? Which government didnt built up to 8km of bridges? My friend, respond to the figures and facts and quit making a fool of yourself. Mscheeew[/size]
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2010
Excerpt from Babangida speech while Inaugurating Political Bureau on 13th January, 1986

The debate can, of course, be carried out by socio-economic groups; professional associations can and should also participate. In short, participation must be completely divorced from partisan leaning. It must not seek to muzzle or even harness individuals’ views in the name of providing leadership at the grassroots. In order to enhance wider participation therefore, I hereby lift the ban on the Medical Association and the National Union of Students.

The Political Bureau shall comprise the following —

S.J. Cookey — Chairman     Oye Oyediran             Mrs. Hilda Adefarasin
E.O. Awa                                 Tunde Adeniran         Mrs. R. Abdullahi
A.D. Yahaya                             S.E. Oyovbaire         Ola Balogun
Haroun Adamu                         Bala Takaya             Edwin Madunagu
Ibrahim HaliIu                             O.E. Uya                 Abdullahi Augie -
Paschal Bafyau                         Sani Zahradeen     Executive Secretary

In the course of my Budget Speech, I identified a number of factors which have contributed to our political instability. I would like the Bureau to regard my Budget Speech integrally with my present address as key notes for their work.

I hereby inaugurate the Political Bureau with the following terms of reference —

(a) Review Nigeria’s political history and identify the basic problems which have led to our failure in the past and suggest ways of resolving and coping with these problems.

(b) Identify a basic philosophy of government which will determine goals and serve as a guide to the activities of governments.

(c) Collect relevant information and data for the Government as well as identify other political problems that may arise from the debate.

(d) Gather, collate and evaluate the contributions of Nigerians to the search for a viable political future and provide guidelines for the attainment of the consensus objective.

(e) Deliberate on other political problems as may be referred to it from time to time.

Finally, I wish to reiterate my promise in the Budget Speech to the effect that [b]this Administration will not stays day longer than it is absolutely necessary. Your assignment must therefore provide time-sequences for the transition to be achieved (by October 1, 1990).[/b]
I would like to end this address by commending you to Allah’s guidance. You are about to embark on a difficult assignment, but I believe there is no greater satisfaction than a call to serve one’s country. It is a call to duty. It is my hope that the new political arrangement would enrich our faith and rekindle our hope in the future of this great country.

Good luck end God bless.

Who was still rulling in 1991?

IBB a liar , a deciever, a dictator, a thief, a killer, an Evil genius as he called himself.

A thief (IBB) commeth but to kill, to steal and to destroy.
Re: Crowd At IBB Presidential Declaration by Olaolufred(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
An excerpts from IBB speech on June 26th, 1993.

Fellow Nigerians, I address you today with a deep sense of world  history and particularly of the history of our great country. In the  aftermath of the recently annulled Presidential Election, I feel, as I believe you yourself feel, a profound sense of disappointment at the outcome of our last efforts at laying the foundation of a viable democratic system of government in Nigeria.

I therefore wish, on behalf of myself and members of the National Defence and Security Council and indeed of my entire administration, to feel with my fellow countrymen and women for the cancellation of the election. It was a rather disappointing experience in the course of carrying through the last election of the transition to civil rule programme, ,

In the light of our recent experience and, given the mood of the nation, the National Defence and Security Council has imposed additional conditions as a way of widening and deepening the base of electing the president and sanitizing the electoral process.  Accordingly, the candidates for the coming election must:

(1)   Not be less than 50 years old.
(2)   Have not been convicted of any crime;
(3)   Believe, by act of faith and practice, in the corporate existence of Nigerians;
(4)   Posses records of personal, corporate and business interests which do not conflict with the national interests;
(5)   Have been registered members of either of the two political parties for at least one year to this election.

All those previously banned from participating in the transition process other than those with criminal records, are herebyunbanned.  They can all henceforth participate in the electoral process. This is with a view to enriching the quality of candidature for the election and at the same time tap the leadership resources of our country tothe fullest.  The decree to this effect will be promulgated.

Fellow Nigerians, I wish to finally acknowledge the tremendous value of your patience and understanding, especially in the face of national provocation.

I urge you to keep faith with the commitment of this administration.

I enjoin you to keep faith with the unity, peace and stability of our country for this is the only country that you and I can callour own.  Nowhere in the world, no matter the prompting and inducements of foreign countries, can Nigerians ever be regarded as first class citizens. Nigeria is the only country that we have.  We must therefore renew our hope in Nigeria, and faith and confidence in ourselves for continued growth, development and progress.

Thank you all, and God bless you.

Maradona wanted to start a new electoral process that will still be truncated by him as shown in his speech.

Thank God that the heat from Nigerians was too high for him to bear.

Hence, he could not stay longer than 27th August 1993.

If not a deciever, how would he have organized a new presidential election and hand over within 2 months? What he failed to do in six years?

A leopard ca never change its colour. IBB is demonic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

National Conference Report Will End-up With Akara Sellers — Shehu Sani / See How Ugandan Women Are Being Tortured, Raped & Humiliated Without Help In Mid / Benue Water Project: World Bank And FG Begin Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.