Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Margaret Amure: "I Lied" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Margaret Amure: "I Lied" (5566 Views)

Margaret Idahosa Celebrates Her 78th Birthday (Photos) / I Did Not Die, I Did Not Go To Heaven, Hell- Margaret Amure / My Apology To The Church Of Christ By Sis Margret Amure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49am On Apr 17, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em8liK4PPOA

Margaret O. Amure - "I Lied"

Margaret O. Amure is a pastor from Benin-City, Nigeria. She previously came out with a testimony in 2013 that she had died and gone to hell and heaven, and that she had come back with a message from the Lord for mankind. Now on her latest video posted 24 March 2019 she says that she had been sick for six or seven months and almost died after traveling to Israel and Italy, but she did not actually die. She says, "I did not die and go to heaven and hell. I lied," and she has made an apology to the body of Christ. She also states in the video that she has been going around to churches confessing this sin since May 2015.

Here are some excerpts from the video, which you can find on Youtube:

"It was the Word of God that I preached, [but] I was not sent. Satan used me to confuse the program of God for this end time. He used me to corrupt other testimonies. Today, whether good or bad testimonies, nobody believes them [any more]. What I did was very, very wrong. I stand to judge and condemn my actions. I am very, very sorry for what I did. Please forgive me, brethren. When this message comes to you, if you are truly a child of God, just ask God for mercy for me and don't begin to ask me questions...I was a liar. I was a cheat, a fraud."

My preface to my original article, in which I posted her testimony, stated: "Although I have not yet personally spoken to sister Marguerite herself, I made a good faith effort to do so. I managed to speak briefly with her son, who says that she really did die, and she is a good mother. I also spoke with a pastor who knows her well, named Dr. Stephen Tepu Aikhoje, whom she acknowledges with gratitude at the end of her video testimony, as one of the people who helped her. Dr. Aikhoje said that she was the State Director for the Police Chaplaincy, and he sat under her leadership as such, while they were chaplains together. He went to her home and her church several times to pray with her, as her case was getting worse before she died. He said, "She is a trustworthy leader, very disciplined, and I know her to be truthful." In fact, he distributes copies of her testimony on CD. Therefore, I feel confident in posting this testimony without any reservations."

That was what I wrote originally after attempting to do my due diligence, which in conjunction with the Scriptures seemed to indicate that her testimony was genuine. However, that is no longer my opinion of her testimony. Of course, I retract that statement, although I am quoting it here, so that you can see that I did in fact attempt to validate her testimony. The fact that I never got a call back from her is probably because she knew at that time that she was lying and didn't want to speak with me.

Why Did This Happen?
In her recorded confession, she claimed that she was a sinner at the time she committed this sin, implying that she was not saved yet. In light of what Dr. Aikhoje told me about her at that time in 2013, it is hard for me to believe she was not yet born again, but I suppose it is possible. That is the way she explains what she did by simply saying she was a sinner.

As I have already mentioned, Dr. Aikhoje had said to me that she was the State Director for the Police Chaplaincy, and he had sat under her leadership as such. He said, "She is a trustworthy leader, very disciplined, and I know her to be truthful." That is not something you say about a sinner, and her ministry is not typical for a sinner. But the Lord knows whether she was already born again at that time or not.

Moreover, only He knows what motivated her to commit this sin. But in my opinion it was similar to what Ananias and Saphira did, as recorded in Acts 5. They saw that Barnabas had sold a piece of property and had given to the apostles the full amount he had received from its sale. They wanted to appear as generous as he was, so they sold a piece of property and then kept part of the proceeds for themselves, but lied to the apostles and the Holy Spirit by pretending to have given the full price they got to the apostles. That is why they were struck dead by the judgment of God.

If you look at what sister Margaret did, to me it seems like it may have had a similar motivation. Perhaps she wanted to appear to have a heaven and hell testimony like so many others, in order to enjoy the benefits that such a testimony affords in terms of popularity, sensationalism, broadening her preaching opportunities, and helping to drive home the message of holiness that she felt was so important for the church to hear. You have to remember that she had been sick for six to seven months and almost did die, so after that experience she was in a weakened state and that may have contributed to her becoming vulnerable to the enemy's temptation to make up this fraudulent story as she did. That is not to justify what she did, but to offer a possible reason why it happened. It is not for me to judge her motives.

The Damage is Done
Nevertheless, here is some of the damage done by sister Margaret's fraudulent testimony, which I trust you will not allow to happen to you:

1. It may cause some people to doubt any testimony they hear about heaven or hell.
2. It may cause some people to doubt the message of holiness.
3. It may cause some people to doubt that godly attire and adornment is pleasing to the Lord, as I have written about in Godly Attire and Adornment -- Seven Divine Revelations, Garments of Godliness, Seven Reasons to Believe the Seven Divine Revelations, Is a Woman's Hair Her Head Covering? and Cross Dressing or Carrying Your Cross.

Closing Words
She was a reputable pastor in Africa who lied to the Body of Christ, which is very serious. At least she has now repented and given an apology, so that she can be forgiven. The Lord has been merciful to allow her to live and to forgive her. However, the damage has unfortunately been done. I personally forgive her and apologize to you for posting her testimony which has been on this site for nearly six years now. If someone had informed me sooner that she was confessing that it was a fraud, I would have immediately removed the article as I did today as soon as I discovered that she had lied. This emphasizes the importance of carefully praying about any message you hear and using the Scriptures to discern whether what they have said is truly from the Lord or not.

Author's note: Sister Amure is not personally connected with this site. Neither is this ministry associated in any way with HOREMOW, which produced the video of her confession in Abuja, Nigeria. For more information on our position, please see Disclaimers.

https://eternal-destinations..com/2013/05/margaret-o-amure-back-from-heaven.html

See her false testimony on a thread I posted below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1298776/margaret-amure-died-came-back

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by lepasharon(f): 7:56am On Apr 17, 2019
LOL. They are all liars, many more are yet to confess

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by LordReed(m): 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2019
LMFAO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by Shepherd00: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
I always knew that these women in Nigeria who died and went to heaven and see only servants of God both dead and alive are liars. Their agenda is to distract and throw feeble minded believers into confusion.

They never see unbelievers in hellfire only Men of God. I never bothered to listen or read their shiiit.

May she truly repent, if not, the hellfire she pretended to have seen, will indeed welcome her.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by Dantedasz(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2019
Majority of the leaders of the church know that the concept of heaven and hell are not real. They know that religion is the greatest scam ever sold to mankind but they persist to sell the falsehood to the mindless followers because it helps to mind control as well as being a business and a source of lively hood.
This Amure woman is small fry besides a woman called Katty Kerr who has built a complete industry from propagating a visit to heaven and meeting Jesus. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJzpLxmsX0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Kumuyi repeats rejection of Linda and Margaret's testimony
Published on Sep 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNPKFhdjcJ4

The G.S. W.F. Kumuyi here rejected the Linda's and Margaret's testimonies as lies.

3 Likes

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25am On Apr 28, 2019
lepasharon:

LOL. They are all liars, many more are yet to confess

The jury is out. cool
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by NPComplete: 7:41am On Apr 28, 2019
We already knew u are a liar. Christians are generally liars. Pastors lie on the altar everyday and the Christians on nairaland spout vicious lies here habitually. So u just perpetuated a long history of abhorrent Christian behaviour we sceptics have been talking about.

The funny thing is that your fellow Christians that all claim to have the holy spirit, the OP being one of them, could not see your lie. But we thinkers with the power of our brains could already discern your mendacity. This proves, again, that the power of logic supersedes religion by a factor of millions.

Most Christian stories are fake. Even the stories about angels or Jesus converting some anonymous Muslims in some anonymous town reported by CBN are fake. And those insane people cured of their insanity are nothing but malicious subterfuge. Christians are compulsive liars. Their religion cannot hold up to scrutiny so they make up stories to keep themselves happy.

3 Likes

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by paxonel(m): 7:50am On Apr 28, 2019
When i say supernatural testimonies in churches are all lies they wount believe me
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by shadeyinka(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em8liK4PPOA

Margaret O. Amure - "I Lied"

https://www.nairaland.com/1298776/margaret-amure-died-came-back
I also comend you to for retracting your earlier post.
For sis Margaret, she has made her peace with God. Anyone who judges her stands condemned. However, only God can repair the damage done by the testimony.

Let's pray for grace for children of God all over the world for grace and mercy to live for Him
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OpenYourEyes1: 8:27am On Apr 28, 2019
It's good she confessed this.
She's very lucky woman. GOD hardly show mercy to clergyman who lie and deceive other in HIS NAME
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by TVSA: 8:41am On Apr 28, 2019
and gullible people were spreading the message that time. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by NPComplete: 11:08am On Apr 28, 2019
shadeyinka:

I also comend you to for retracting your earlier post.
For sis Margaret, she has made her peace with God. Anyone who judges her stands condemned. However, only God can repair the damage done by the testimony.

Let's pray for grace for children of God all over the world for grace and mercy to live for Him

Wait, what?
Anyone who judges her is condemned but she is free to make up stories willy nilly and just turned around later and say she has repented without repercussions? LMAO.
U Christians are always happy to reap the reward of lies and use such stories to reinforce ur points and proselytize unsuspecting morons. But soon as the lie is discovered u start whipping up sentiments and hoping you can force people to forget. Lol.

Christians are liars. Very vicious liars. And nairaland is a proof of it. Lalasticlala come and see another one o lol.

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by Funaki: 11:29am On Apr 28, 2019
so Sis Margaret na scam? my folks must hear this grin grin

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kikikikikikiki...........only gullible Christians fell prey to her trap. Even as at then I was not too grounded in Christendom but knew that her testimonies were fake.
Nobody dies and come back alive with a message from heaven or hell, but however there is room for visions, dreams, prophecies, trance concerning heaven and hell which must be in total alignment with the Holy Bible.
Whichever way I thank God she has confessed and repented of her sins which is the most vital thing to do.
Go and sin no more sister because who the Lord has set free is free indeed.
May God continue to help and comfort us by the Holy Spirit through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Thanks.
God bless.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by shadeyinka(m): 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
NPComplete:

Wait, what?
Anyone who judges her is condemned but she is free to make up stories willy nilly and just turned around later and say she has repented without repercussions? LMAO.
U Christians are always happy to reap the reward of lies and use such stories to reinforce ur points and proselytize unsuspecting morons. But soon as the lie is discovered u start whipping up sentiments and hoping you can force people to forget. Lol.

Christians are liars. Very vicious liars. And nairaland is a proof of it. Lalasticlala come and see another one o lol.
She lied!
Her sin was to God, the Church and all theists!
She confessed and apologized!

If those who matter have forgiven her, what's your business?

If you think you still have any problems with her, charge her to Court!
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23am On May 04, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuciG28yFMU

It is now becoming clear why the sin of Ananias and Sapphiras was visited with such judgment from the Lord.
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17am On May 05, 2019
Shepherd00:

I always knew that these women in Nigeria who died and went to heaven and see only servants of God both dead and alive are liars. Their agenda is to distract and throw feeble minded believers into confusion.

They never see unbelievers in hellfire only Men of God. I never bothered to listen or read their shiiit.

May she truly repent, if not, the hellfire she pretended to have seen, will indeed welcome her.

I hope she truly repented and not just a front to absolve the platform she was speaking on.
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:06pm On May 05, 2019
Dantedasz:

Majority of the leaders of the church know that the concept of heaven and hell are not real. They know that religion is the greatest scam ever sold to mankind but they persist to sell the falsehood to the mindless followers because it helps to mind control as well as being a business and a source of lively hood.
This Amure woman is small fry besides a woman called Katty Kerr who has built a complete industry from propagating a visit to heaven and meeting Jesus. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJzpLxmsX0

The fact that there are counterfeits doesn't mean that there is no genuine. The counterfeits are the evidence of the existence of the genuine. cool
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by Dantedasz(m): 4:26am On May 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The fact that there are counterfeits doesn't mean that there is no genuine. The counterfeits are the evidence of the existence of the genuine. cool

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36am On May 08, 2019
Dantedasz:

Yes, the counterfeit is the evidence of the genuine. cheesy
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by LordReed(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, the counterfeit is the evidence of the genuine. cheesy

Not if there never was a genuine to start with.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41pm On May 08, 2019
LordReed:

Not if there never was a genuine to start with.

Does it make 'atheist sense' to have a counterfeit if there is no genuine to start with? undecided
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by LordReed(m): 1:44am On May 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Does it make 'atheist sense' to have a counterfeit if there is no genuine to start with? undecided

Because it isn't counterfeit either, merely a copy or more accurately copycat.

BTW what the heck is atheist sense?
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by NPComplete: 10:52am On May 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Christians and silly arguments. It seems u guys now rely on faith so much that u no longer pause to think before typing. Lol

So if someone releases a video of a flying pig now and atheists and sceptics like myself call it fake, then according to Ur own Christian sense, it means a real flying pig must exist because that one was fake abi? Lol.

There are no smart Christians on nairaland anymore.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by Image123(m): 2:15pm On May 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuciG28yFMU

It is now becoming clear why the sin of Ananias and Sapphiras was visited with such judgment from the Lord.

We keep telling people to believe the Bible and not men/women testimony without biblical basis. Why would anyone leave bible and be watching or reading i went to hell/heaven? And the Holy spirit didn't tell them that they are being deceived. Because they want to be deceived. Itching ears want to hear how many musicians are in hell fourth floor, and how many of their church people are in heaven ground floor with Elijah. Smh

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2019
Image123:

We keep telling people to believe the Bible and not men/women testimony without biblical basis. Why would anyone leave bible and be watching or reading i went to hell/heaven? And the Holy spirit didn't tell them that they are being deceived. Because they want to be deceived. Itching ears want to hear how many musicians are in hell fourth floor, and how many of their church people are in heaven ground floor with Elijah. Smh

God bless you my brother from another mother for your timely warning alerting me of Pastor Kumuyi's denouncing of the false testimonies. wink

1 Like

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

Because it isn't counterfeit either, merely a copy or more accurately copycat.

BTW what the heck is atheist sense?

If she copied the original she wouldn't be a counterfeit.

'Atheist sense' is illogical, irrational, unreasonable and unscientific. tongue

Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On May 09, 2019
NPComplete:

Christians and silly arguments. It seems u guys now rely on faith so much that u no longer pause to think before typing. Lol

So if someone releases a video of a flying pig now and atheists and sceptics like myself call it fake, then according to Ur own Christian sense, it means a real flying pig must exist because that one was fake abi? Lol.

There are no smart Christians on nairaland anymore.

Atheists may think but their thinking is crooked. If something is fake that means it is a lie as opposed to telling the truth unless you don't believe truth is a moral issue. cool
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by LordReed(m): 7:42pm On May 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

If she copied the original she wouldn't be a counterfeit.

'Atheist sense' is illogical, irrational, unreasonable and unscientific. tongue

You must have atheist sense since you accurately describe your senselessness.
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2019
LordReed:

You must have atheist sense since you accurately describe your senselessness.

Logic can only make sense within the Christian worldview. Atheism cannot account for it. The counterfeit is the evidence of the original. Go figure. cool
Re: Margaret Amure: "I Lied" by LordReed(m): 9:16pm On May 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Logic can only make sense within the Christian worldview. Atheism cannot account for it. The counterfeit is the evidence of the original. Go figure. cool

Balderdash! Any time we attempt examine your god's actions logically you lot tell us your god is not subject to logic so quit the charade.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Key To Bearing Fruit As A Christian? / "Thank You God" By Repentant Atheist Tim Minchin (Concert Video) / Update On The Donations Refused From The Atheist Community For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.