Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Don't Become The Family ATM - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Become The Family ATM (29274 Views)

My Colleague's Wife Gets His Salary Alerts & Holds His ATM Card / How Your Birth Position In The Family Can Influence Your Personality / Video:Women Are The Major Cause Of Domestic Violence In The Family- Angela Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by IprintMONEY: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Martinez39:
Beggi Beggi, go and hustle. Stop the defense mechanism. This thread won't stop your maga from giving you money so calm down. Nothing spoil.
write in english or write in your language
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by DAramis: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
IprintMONEY:
na only u make sense here. i hate people that attach too much importance to money. u deserve an account boost

cool cool
Make I pm you . wink
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by DAramis: 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
JOMAX:

Abeg na wu b family?
I don't understand your question but if you mean, Who be family?, then it is your immediate siblings and some extended family members who truly deserve to be helped.

It is your money sha, if you don't want to help no one will hold you responsible.
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by ImaIma1(f): 12:04am On Apr 19, 2019
It is terrible especially when your parents have also made you their retirement plan. In some families it is a disadvantage to be the First born especially a boy. Because you automatically become the sacrificial lamb and scapegoat.

May God bless all first boys and give them wealth and wisdom to sift who they should give to

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Acidosis(m): 5:32am On Apr 19, 2019
If money or more money is the only thing your family and relatives ask you, just know that you're a useless person, your doom day is nearer than you think.

1 Like

Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by hope4life: 7:11am On Apr 19, 2019
NobleAngell:
This is very good advice O. I just recently discovered that you can never exhaust all your responsibilities. They keep growing and giving birth to more. The only option is to pick the ones within your capacity. Don't overwhelm yourself trying to be the hero of your family.

You are very correct. I tried to be the hero.of my family and I regret it.When people know you are nice and soft hearted,they will milk you dry in a subtle.way giving you head swelling praises but once the milk is finished,they turn their back at you and face elsewhere. Pls to avoid pain,be careful.of people
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2019
Pavore9:
Insightful. Family members give wide berth to those who stick to not being an ATM. Your income is primarily for your immediate family, be up to date with your health insurance, life assurance, investments etc whatever remains one can choose to extend to extended family members.

Just this afternoon, I was thinking of a neighbour of ours back in the 90s who was like his extended family's "messiah", he was catering for his brothers' families as his 2 elder brothers had 15 children between them. By the time he got married in his early 40s, his finances were plummeting, health issues arose and died within 7 years of being married leaving the wife with 3 young children. From 3 bedroom flat apartment to one room, the wife had to start selling food at the bus stop, while her late husband's nephews and nieces who were by then earning comfortably were least bothered.

That is why Nigerian men die early.

Too much care for family.

Some of them work 12 hours a day.

No rest, small sleep, too much worry to make ends meet.

Health starts giving way.

God forbid.

And lazy women and extended family members have perfected ways to take advantage of that.
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Pavore9: 10:21am On Apr 19, 2019
Naughtysite:

That is why Nigerian men die early.

Too much care for family.

Some of them work 12 hours a day.

No rest, small sleep, too much worry to make ends meet.

Health starts giving way.

God forbid.

And lazy women and extended family members have perfected ways to take advantage of that.

That is why I advocate for marrying a woman who is earning, issues of finances, to what extent can siblings and extended family members be assisted, the need for health insurance, life assurance policies, investments etc be discussed during courtship.

Men forming Voltron, die untimely.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Apr 19, 2019
solasoulmusic:
People that don’t know God’s Grace are in constant denial and will always be stingy.

On the 1st Of January while everyone was celebrating New Years my laptop went dead I took it for repairs and basically I needed a new one it was a mac and I didn’t have enough for a new one and my job requires that I have one especially for my music. I didn’t sleep that night I prayed and also cried myself to sleep basically. Luckily for me my birthday was coming up and decided to ask every family member for a token towards replacing the Mac well in 48 hours I had enough money.

Even those I didn’t expect gave something for the first time and also those I thought were ride or die seemed to ignore my plight

I shared my story because everyone remembers when they gave but not when they received when you can receive you will learn to give. I don’t give more than I can afford to let go by the wayside.

Without our parents we won’t be here without our siblings we won’t be able to interact globally I have drained my account for family and will gladly do it again because when I asked they answered

The new album Karma Kafe is as a result of that seed

This is not the OP is talking about.

You had a one time genuine need and they helped.

And hear yourself: those you thought were ride or die ignored you.

You feel entitled to their money not considering that they might not even have.

1 Like

Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by bukatyne(f): 11:07am On Apr 19, 2019
Yakzo:
I used to be one not until one of my cousins who pesters me from time to time bought a plot of land while I did'nt have one!

Hahaha

A lot of people's story.
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 19, 2019
bukatyne:

This is not the OP is talking about.

You had a one time genuine need and they helped.

And hear yourself: those you thought were ride or die ignored you.

You feel entitled to their money not considering that they might not even have.

Trust me they did and it was obvious they just couldn’t bring themselves to because sometimes even with adversity with very little you can do more than those who just have money but no ambition.

Its the same way when you have positive news about your progress only a few applaud we know them it’s like those who come to you for the inspiration and expert opinion on the outline of the business idea and then go to your competitor to complete the business.

I am saying I chose to be there for family whenever they need be based on they have been there for me over the years giving an example we have received life and even seeds from them as well over the years even if they can’t be there for me

I’ll be there for them Christ only died once so we could live and learn to forgive.

Money won’t throw you a funeral so ignoring them will only ensure you as well will be ignored when that time comes. We all close our eyes one day regardless of account balance.

I didn’t feel entitled to their funds I just took as their silence really means they really don’t want to invest in my future. If family approaches me and I don’t have I have the boldness to say it.
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by bukatyne(f): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2019
solasoulmusic:

Trust me they did and it was obvious they just couldn’t bring themselves to because sometimes even with adversity with very little you can do more than those who just have money but no ambition.

Its the same way when you have positive news about your progress only a few applaud we know them it’s like those who come to you for the inspiration and expert opinion on the outline of the business idea and then go to your competitor to complete the business.

I am saying I chose to be there for family whenever they need be based on they have been there for me over the years giving an example we have received life and even seeds from them as well over the years even if they can’t be there for me

I’ll be there for them Christ only died once so we could live and learn to forgive.

Money won’t throw you a funeral so ignoring them will only ensure you as well will be ignored when that time comes. We all close our eyes one day regardless of account balance.

I don't think you are responding to my quote.

I am not against helping family. So someone has a project, fell on hard times and kids are in school, aged parents, someone working where salary is not paid, dwindling business, sick child/spouse, helping some set up a business etc, please help.

But random sending money to people, maybe if I have excess and I am done investing in my and nuclear family's future.

Most people would use the money you give them to do things you can't afford.

On the flip side, a lot of people showoff what they do not have so the family wants to partake.

1 Like

Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2019
bukatyne:

I don't think you are responding to my quote.

I am not against helping family. So someone has a project, fell on hard times and kids are in school, aged parents, someone working where salary is not paid, dwindling business, sick child/spouse, helping some set up a business etc, please help.

But random sending money to people, maybe if I have excess and I am done investing in my and nuclear family's future.

Most people would use the money you give them to do things you can't afford.

On the flip side, a lot of people showoff what they do not have so the family wants to partake.

I am I’m saying support those who have supported you whether in the past or currently a little goes a long way. I have learnt to give without holding on to the guilt of what they spend it on but if you tell me and it was rubbish it’s another story I will vex but I will forgive

If it’s from the heart once it leaves your hands you don’t think about it. I can only call you to ask did you get it not what will you spend it on
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
BoboDodo:
That is my goal in life, exactly to become the family ATM.
I would love to be able to help everybody as many times as I can. Nothing gives me more joy
Its giving them necessary means to be independent. And not giving them money every now and then
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by 2buffagain(m): 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
solasoulmusic:
People that don’t know God’s Grace are in constant denial and will always be stingy.

On the 1st Of January while everyone was celebrating New Years my laptop went dead I took it for repairs and basically I needed a new one it was a mac and I didn’t have enough for a new one and my job requires that I have one especially for my music. I didn’t sleep that night I prayed and also cried myself to sleep basically. Luckily for me my birthday was coming up and decided to ask every family member for a token towards replacing the Mac well in 48 hours I had enough money.

Even those I didn’t expect gave something for the first time and also those I thought were ride or die seemed to ignore my plight

I shared my story because everyone remembers when they gave but not when they received when you can receive you will learn to give. I don’t give more than I can afford to let go by the wayside.

Without our parents we won’t be here without our siblings we won’t be able to interact globally I have drained my account for family and will gladly do it again because when I asked they answered

The new album Karma Kafe is as a result of that seed

Of course a woman will say this.
What do you care? Sebi after you marry, it is your husband that will be paying for everything. At least that's the typical Nigerian females mind.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by BoboDodo: 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Its giving them necessary means to be independent. And not giving them money every now and then
Did I ever mention I wanted to just be giving out money to them to enjoy. I will set them up repeatedly even if they fail, cos me sef Don fail severally and it's not a crime. Make baba God bless everybody
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by savanto: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Okay stay in your lane. As for me 1kobo I no dey give any family member. Even my own wife has limit beyond which I tell her NO!
Her family don't even come near me!

Hmmnnn! (Sighing)

My dear friend, I do not know how old you are but remember that we make a living from what we get and make a life from what we give.

In other words, giving is living. When I give, there's this unspeakable joy in my heart to be of help to someone. No matter how little it is but the receiver goes away happier than he came.

When you love people, you are moved by compassion to give without expecting anything back. When you walk down the alley let people point fingers at you and whisper to the winds.....thank God for this Guy!
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by chibuzorAbia: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
savanto:

Hmmnnn! (Sighing)

My dear friend, I do not know how old you are but remember that we make a living from what we get and make a life from what we give.

In other words, giving is living. When I give, there's this unspeakable joy in my heart to be of help to someone. No matter how little it is but the receiver goes away happier than he came.

When you love people, you are moved by compassion to give without expecting anything back. When you walk down the alley let people point fingers at you and whisper to the winds.....thank God for this Guy!

Ok, to each one his own
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
2buffagain:

Of course a woman will say this.
What do you care? Sebi after you marry, it is your husband that will be paying for everything. At least that's the typical Nigerian females mind.

I contribute if I have if I don’t God go bless us with
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
BoboDodo:

Did I ever mention I wanted to just be giving out money to them to enjoy. I will set them up repeatedly even if they fail, cos me sef Don fail severally and it's not a crime. Make baba God bless everybody
Good thinking Bro.
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by 2buffagain(m): 6:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
solasoulmusic:

I contribute if I have if I don’t God go bless us with

Your use of the clause "contribute if I have" regarding your own married nuclear family needs proves my point.
Re: Don't Become The Family ATM by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
2buffagain:

Your use of the clause "contribute if I have" regarding your own married nuclear family needs proves my point.

I can only be real if it’s in excess I can give if it’s dwindling I can give but if I don’t have them I can’t steal to give

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother's Wife Wants to Sleep With Me / How To Find If A Child Is Yours Or Not Without A DNA Test / Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.