Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S (22416 Views)

Bornu Old Hawker Wows Nigerians With His Impeccable Queen's English: Video / Igboho To FG: I’m Not Nigeria’s Problem… Don’t Intimidate Me / BIAFRA: Don’t Speak Against Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB – Prophet Warns Nigerians (vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by festacman(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
The police officer who made that statement is not worthy to serve in a city such as Lagos. He should be transferred out to place like eeemmm! maybe Sambisa Forest. Yes, Sambisa Forest where some rag heads abhor western education.

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Image123(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
So the people police killed were speaking Queens English?
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
During the Reign of the Illiterates, the educated humankind are endangered species.

Behold a failed State.

3 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by doggedfighter(f): 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
What a shitholean advice undecided lipsrsealed
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by nwakibie3(m): 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2019
profolaolu:
Some people will not listen they will be criticising without proper understanding, I notice that most of those that are killed are not well dressed, or with tattoos or earrings

Sense is far from u

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
Not far from the truth
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by philos(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
I hope he's not insinuating that Nigeria Police officers are illiterates who can neither speak nor understand simple English.
What a country!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder their leaders are what they are.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
Are u kidding me? I’m done sad
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by noble2faith(m): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
Rude Boy of defunct Psquare said on Niger Fm yesterday and I quote "Nigerian Polices are Illiterate"

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by sukerefakere(m): 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
queengift:
We still have a long way to go in this country, God help us
I can't even see any way for this country
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2019
nwakibie3:

Sense is far from u
imp of a goat.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Chinekepikin:
Following the recent increase in extrajudicial killings by his colleagues, ACP Abayomi Shogunle has advised Nigerians to henceforth stop speaking Queens English to police officers that accost them on duty.

Abayomi in his post wrote;

"For now, don't go and be speaking Queen's English with them on the road. For proper understanding talk to them in Pidgin, another way to avoid kasala".

Watch video below;

Source:
http://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/04/to-avoid-problem-dont-speak-queens.html?m=1

Now apc has completely destroyed the little that is left of the totally destroyed Nigeria.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by UKBobo(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
She is saying bullet only understand pidgin abi!
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by RealEzee(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
profolaolu:
Some people will not listen they will be criticising without proper understanding, I notice that most of those that are killed are not well dressed, or with tattoos or earrings
is that ur excuse for the killings? tattoos, earrings? y dem no dey kill those our old mama way get tattoos for leg n hand na, mtcheeeeew, at one point u were trying to make sense but lost it. tattoos? earrings?
dressing?

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by BrokenCock: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
So they recruited bastards into the police force to wear black and intimidate civilians with big teargas guns
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
I keep saying this most police officers are illiterate and recycled cultists and criminals no one listens you need to goto Sars office at Ikeja and confirm
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
tempest01:
The worst police force on the face of the earth. How will they be able to read and understand the police laws if they can't speak English?

Why won't there be extra Judiciary killings and kidnap for ransom.

There are lots of intelligent Nigerians that are fit, sound and can speak and understand good English, that are dying to get a job with the police.
But man know man will fill up the police force with illiterates.
Absolutely! it Appears Nigerian police employs only Illiterates.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
armadeo:
shithole....

Nigerians as usual will make a joke of this not knowing the severe implications, imagine the man with a gun triggered to anger because you are speaking English.

yet we are LOLing all the way,

shithole

Armadeo my man, proudlyngwa says hi.

Speaking English or pidgin is not the problem, them understanding your message is, a man with a biased mentality will shoot you, whatever you speak, however you speak it, demilitarisation of our police force is a must, and it his high time the police introduces bodycam if they must be armed

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Hadampson(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
I think he's right, Pidgin English is widely spoken in Naija.

The educated and uneducated have an idea speaking Pidgin English.

Language is one of the entities that causes disunity in any Nation. Pidgin English can be the uniting chord we've been missing.

After all, majority Lagosians speaks Pidgin.

I'm I making any sense at all?

You are making sense sir

Just like English is the official language of Jamaica but they don't usually speak English. Instead they speak Creole otherwise known as patwah among themselves.

Pidgin is our creole here in zoogeria but many NIGERIANS prefer to use QUEEN ENGLISH just to impress

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
Let's get it straight
1. No tattoos
2. No dreadlocks
3. No good English
4. No expensive phone/cars
5. No casual dressings

Have you everead wondered why blacks were so easy to enslave? Zero revolutionary spirit. They just suffer and smile

Hadampson:

You are making sense sir

Just like English is the official language of Jamaica but they don't usually speak English. Instead they speak Creole otherwise known as patwah among themselves.

Pidgin is our creole here in zoogeria but many NIGERIANS prefer to use QUEEN ENGLISH just to impress
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hadampson:

You are making sense sir

Hhmmm... You just helped me upgrade my knowledge.

Moreover, It's Nigeria not Zoogeria. We are humans, we aren't goats or dogs, because we are going through this mess doesn't mean we label ourselves with crappy names.

Kindly take note of that, thank you. smiley

2 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Oblivionsmiles: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Just to be safe and avoid had I know(that's if you are alive to tell the story sef) we should all adhere.

Just start by greeting them, 'Oga how work's.

[/i]Please holla for your amazing gift experiences.[i]
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Jkt001(m): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
Imagine the ACP "Don't go and be speaking" Please tell me, who among the angels have i offended ,and the punishment is to send me down to a country like this...
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mexyz:
Nothing wey we no go hear for this our country.
How about I speak Esan language to them to avoid kasala So I need to speak a particular language to people I pay with my tax in order to avoid getting killed?
He gave the best advice. Speak pidgin since it spoken and understood by many Nigerians

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
I think he's right, Pidgin English is widely spoken in Naija.

The educated and uneducated have an idea speaking Pidgin English.

Language is one of the entities that causes disunity in any Nation. Pidgin English can be the uniting chord we've been missing.

After all, majority Lagosians speaks Pidgin.

Am I making any sense at all?
Correct

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Mizwisdom(f): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2019
When you speak English they will think you're proud, so why not simply speak pidgin? save your life
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by figoperch: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
DamolaIbrahim:
Actually, I only use Queen's English to interact with policemen when flagged down. In fact once I get to any legal or illegal checkpoint and they stop me, I greet them and speak in plain English, so they know they are dealing with someone who is educated enough to put them in trouble. Dey don't give me troubles.

If every car driver speaks pidgin to police, they'll treat all of us like unlearned Danfo drivers, whom they bully Upandan.

I once approached an illegal checkpoint and was flagged down by the policeman, before he could utter a word I said 'Hello officer, I'm an activist and a journalist and the police guy mellowed, and said 'Ah Oga, you can go, Abeg write well oo'. I drove off and bursted into laughter. grin grin

On my way back, the useless police guys don Japa! grin

Driving between Owerri and PH today, an officer asked what was in my truck and I said my baggage.

He frowned and asked what product is called baggage?

I said my bag and clothes, then he said I should go.

So sorry for this country o
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by onyxo76(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
just learn how to speak hausa well well ,wear jalabi and hold that islamic prayer beads, no police go fit search you.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Dearlord(m): 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
Well well well!!!
Our Society is the course of all this problem we are having in the force because we failed to correct them when they were at tender age and now they have overpowered us we dumped them to the military ,
voila! La problem !
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by frozen70(f): 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2019
Am glad he has indirectly informed us that they are buch of stack illiterates

Let's take his advice serious pls

Most true words normally comes out from jokes
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by newtee: 3:36am On Apr 18, 2019
If that is the case, policemen should be enrolled in English classes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Celebrates His Wife, Ibijoke's 53rd Birthday / Mohammed Idris: Why Bandits Kidnapped Me – Niger Commissioner / Absolute Immunity Is No Longer Allowed Under The Law- Falana Tells Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.