Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,616 members, 7,827,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S (22421 Views)

Bornu Old Hawker Wows Nigerians With His Impeccable Queen's English: Video / Igboho To FG: I’m Not Nigeria’s Problem… Don’t Intimidate Me / BIAFRA: Don’t Speak Against Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB – Prophet Warns Nigerians (vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by LegalOpinion: 3:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Afonja police officers everywhere.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by lukui: 4:50am On Apr 18, 2019
a wise man once said: in basket of eggs, there will be bad eggs and small eggs, its just that sometimes we are usually overwhelmed with the bad ones that we forget to praise the good guys among them

don't get me wrong, I am not saying that harrasing anybody who carries a laptop and calling him a yahoo yahoo is good, but all in the name of vain glory we shloud not always be shooting down our policemen and women ,because we still have good ones among them, even if they are few!

and let's not forget, that they were selected from our society, they are not aliens, so what we breed is what we get!!!!

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by neyobills: 6:58am On Apr 18, 2019
This is the height of recklessness and stupidity,how can such crap be coming from a force pro, he has successfully bastardized our security institution with this reckless statement

In other words Brits, Americans and all foreigners who cant speak pidgin should consider themselves unsafe in this country.

He should be fired with immediate effect.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Pappyto: 7:00am On Apr 18, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
I think he's right, Pidgin English is widely spoken in Naija.

The educated and uneducated have an idea speaking Pidgin English.

Language is one of the entities that causes disunity in any Nation. Pidgin English can be the uniting chord we've been missing.

After all, majority Lagosians speaks Pidgin.

Am I making any sense at all?

NO!
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Nobody: 7:03am On Apr 18, 2019
Pappyto:

NO!

Okay! Thank you smiley

Read Below:

Hadampson:

You are making sense sir

Just like English is the official language of Jamaica but they don't usually speak English. Instead they speak Creole otherwise known as patwah among themselves.

Pidgin is our creole here in zoogeria but many NIGERIANS prefer to use QUEEN ENGLISH just to impress

asuustrike1:

Correct

2 Likes

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by armadeo(m): 8:52am On Apr 18, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

Armadeo my man, proudlyngwa says hi.

Speaking English or pidgin is not the problem, them understanding your message is, a man with a biased mentality will shoot you, whatever you speak, however you speak it, demilitarisation of our police force is a must, and it his high time the police introduces bodycam if they must be armed

Lol. True talk my guy.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by chris31(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
He is saying the truth
Most of us Nigerians like intimidate unnecessary with big grammer
Difference in communication may result to anger & u no the likely thing to happen next
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by Hadampson(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

Hhmmm... You just helped me upgrade my knowledge.

Moreover, It's Nigeria not Zoogeria. We are humans, we aren't goats or dogs, because we are going through this mess doesn't mean we label ourselves with crappy names.

Kindly take note of that, thank you. smiley

Okay smiley

1 Like

Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by nwakibie3(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
profolaolu:
iam imp of a goat.
Re: To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S by orisa37: 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
You speak Fulani's English to Bokoharam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: APC Leaders Split Over Tinubu, South-East May Get Presidential Ticket / 7 Passengers Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Freed by Terrorists / FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.