Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) (43465 Views)

Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground / Yam Germinates In UNICAL Male Hostel While On Lockdown (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Sektor101(m): 8:14am On Apr 18, 2019
I remembered those days when I was working there.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by bettercreature(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:
give it one year

It will look like UNEC

Maintenance culture down here is zero
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by ecclize: 8:15am On Apr 18, 2019
I can bet my balls this picture was taken when they just complete it just give it two years... And see tranformation.
8TW kudos to Gov. He tried
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2019
DonHummer:
what nonsense is this, this one that looks like fox river in prison break. we are still using hostels to measure performance. una never wan grow for this country

smh
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 18, 2019
ibotic:
Give it another two years and then come talk.....Nigeria and poor maintenance be like bread and butter....smh
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2019
sarrki:

It’s about you and me

If we all have maintenance culture

Government is not to be blamed on maintenance

I agree but it's not totally about me and you bro. The school should employ a good number of active cleaners and regularly repaint n fix other dilapidated parts of the building

1 Like

Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by marvin906(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2019
truth be told the north has a better maintenance culture than the rest of the country

Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2019
Looks good, but we always get it wrong.

Provide accommodation via PPP. Let private sector provide according to University standards and charge students competitively.

Let me see how a private hostel owner will market dilapidated structures.

This looks good, though. Yet they always look this good when brand new.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by materialproject: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2019
Nice one
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Fixitgood(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2019
sarrki:

It’s about you and me

He never mentioned the government, you did.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Ubdavis(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2019
This is a direct opposite of Mbanefo hostel at UNN
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by godquality: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2019
sarrki:

Anuuuuu
lol the name calling just dey make me laff. One na mumu another na anuuu. Lol una no go kill person.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by frankoben(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2019
Well it's still new, five years later let's see the condition
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Fixitgood(m): 8:19am On Apr 18, 2019
verifiablefacts:

why insult dey easy for una mouth?

Na only mumu dey talk/type before reading and understanding.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by TheAngry1: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2019
davillian:
Zero maintainace culture would do the needful to the building in a couple of years.
And it would look like Nigerian prison grin

It is not funny. Every time something good pops up, the default reaction of Nigerians is negativity. They will maintain it. Chill!!!!
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 18, 2019
This country is so backward that hostel is now seen as an achievement....... SMH
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by netflicks(m): 8:22am On Apr 18, 2019
I hope the toilet is not that shit and run type...make the splash no touch u.

1 Like

Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by TheBeat: 8:22am On Apr 18, 2019
sarrki:

It’s about you and me

It's not just about you and I but about the authorities.
Maintenance all over the world is done by government or the management of the facility. When you don't make things easy, people will take shortcuts. When you don't provide waste bins and regularly evacuate the accumulated waste, people will start dumbing waste on the ground and this will become habit over time. You can't keep a toilet without running water and a standby cleaner and expect it to be clean. I have been to public toilets outside Nigeria and they are in good condition. The reason is not that their citizens are better than us but a culture that was unconsciously built over the years. Running water, tissue papers, soaps and cleaners with duty checklist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by ofiko123(m): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2019
It is actually beautiful but show us this same hostel after 2 years..
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 18, 2019
This building looks like a correction centre.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Kyrx(m): 8:27am On Apr 18, 2019
Nogodye:
If this kind of hostel is build in OAU, give them one year the building is over.

There's little different between this hostel and the renovated halls of Faj and Awo, its over one year since the renovations now and they are still beautiful.

In my opinion though, this ain't world class. Just a regular looking hostel, matter of fact, Faj looks more beautiful than this.

But in all, its a welcome development.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Eberex(m): 8:28am On Apr 18, 2019
Why waiting for that job why not create one yourself?

Telecommunication is emerging as the billion dollar investment and you need to tap in it.

Ask yourself why banks and JUMIA, plus other companies are into vtu? because there is a percentage they make for every recharge, data and cable sub you purchase.

But the good news is you can join in this business with as little as N5,000.

Start making money via vtu.

Sorry i cannot put my phone contact here but you can email or DM.

Check my signatur
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Beulah77: 8:29am On Apr 18, 2019
ibotic:
Give it another two years and then come talk.....Nigeria and poor maintenance be like bread and butter....smh

Ple help me tell the daft
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Monday60655(m): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2019
To build is not a problem at times in Nigeria. But to maintain is the big problem we are facing.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by ChristyB(f): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2019
Because they brought light you quickly took the pictures a nd ran online. We don't want to hear of any complain when they don't give light for 3months oo
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by tillaman(m): 8:33am On Apr 18, 2019
What a glorious sight to behold!! I hope the management takes maintenance serious!
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by TheBeat: 8:33am On Apr 18, 2019
Mrkumareze:

I agree but it's not totally about me and you bro. The school should employ a good number of active cleaners and regularly repaint n fix other dilapidated parts of the building
You are right. It's primarily about the management of the facility. Other countries employ or contract maintenance companies to take care of these. Government here is just not doing enough. Human everywhere behave almost the same if you remove some factors like environment and education. No one will poo on the ground in UK because clean toilets are everywhere. Bring that Oyibo down here and see what he would do when access to clean toilets is not available.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by CodeTemplar: 8:37am On Apr 18, 2019
sarrki:
Welcome badaru, Mr calculator

If all Governors can perform

There will be development across the country

Less attention will be paid to the federal unit

Most e warrior fighter should hold there state government accountable

Ganduje or Gandollar performed but at inflated cost because he included bribes and I am sure the bribes will affect quality of material used.
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Alexrayz(m): 8:46am On Apr 18, 2019
sarrki:

It’s about you and me

Unlike d south d north maintainace capability is more commendable so even 3o years to come I can say it will remain like this am from d south so I know what am taking about why we scatter and say it not my property why should I care d north make it a point of duty to protect it
Re: Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) by Pelxmiye(m): 8:53am On Apr 18, 2019
Well ....playing ball for the hostel go sweet too..see as efritin jas dey shine....omo that second floor go make sense for catcha catcha are you ready.. in short in 3 years...bois gon don turn the hostel to abete... embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Begging Classmates For Food In Primary/Secondary Schools (Pic) / Professor AAA Atayero And Olga Atayero, His Wife Vacation Pictures / Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.