Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp (34622 Views)

Female Imo Corper Dies In Accident On Her Way To Kwara On Relocation / Youth Corper Dies After Visiting Home Town For A Short Break / Fortune Ihe: Corper Dies In Sokoto NYSC Camp Due To 'Negligence' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by chimjoshjuan: 3:51am On Apr 18, 2019
An asthmatic NYSC member deployed to Bauchi State for her service year and orientation program, reportedly died while participating in a parade.

The 28-year-old Asthmatic NYSC member who died during parade on Monday, April 1, 2019, and it was learnt that the management of the NYSC in the state had not yet made any official statement on it.

The deceased who is an orphan and the second graduate in her hometown, hailed from Harshuwa, Kwaturu district, in the Kachia Local Government Area of Kaduna State. She reportedly sponsored herself through school. It was gathered that her complaint of being ashmatic and not being able to participate in the parade, was dismissed by an official at the Wailo orientation camp in the Ganjuwa Local Government Area. “The official told her that corps members were fond of giving flimsy excuses in order to avoid parade,” another corps member alleged.

A colleague who disclosed that Yohanna took part in the morning meditation despite her earlier complaints, said she reportedly slumped and was rushed to the camp clinic, but her situation got worse and she was transferred to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital in Bauchi, where she died.

Punch reported that at the closing ceremony of the three weeks orientation exercise, the NYSC coordinator in the state, Afolayan James, in his speech did not acknowledge the death of the female corps member. The deceased, according to the burial schedule was buried on April 5, 2019.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/18/asthmatic-nysc-member-dies-after-parade/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by jullidee2006: 4:24am On Apr 18, 2019
RIP

1 Like

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2019
All these things are avoidable.

As a corp member, I never took part in parade, I was usually on my bed till parade ends.

Go to camp with your doctor's report and don't die like a chicken on the road.

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Jamesonbrown(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2019
Eeeyaa cry
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by jaxxy(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2019
Things that cud be avoided. Quite Sad

9 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by sleekpro(m): 11:57am On Apr 18, 2019
#scrapit now.
No medical doctor on ground.
No ambulances on ground.
No test excesises to know the health status of Corp members.
No plans for all of the above in the first place.

Pls #scrapnyscnow.

17 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2019
E get as e be oh. After suffering for 4 years in school, only to die in a programme that doesn't guarantee you a job.

Wetin Nigerians dey suffer, mouth no fit talk am.

49 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by looseweight: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2019
Rip corper...The lies peddled by past corpers has done enough damage for the officer not to have believed her excuse. Never new asthma can kill anyway.
I will soon come out with my asthma cure, haven tested it with a mumber of clients, just waiting to take my weight loss program to a greater height. You can check my profile for info about what I mean.

6 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by maneju01(m): 11:57am On Apr 18, 2019
Seriously, it's well
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by grandstar(m): 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Shame .

I was in Wailo camp in Bauchi.

I didn't know how to get to Bauchi and I was to lazy to ask.

So, I tool a luxurious bus trip to Kano. At Kano, I said hello to my friend and his brother who were Akokites.
I enquired how to get to Bauchi and they directed me. I got to the park in Kano and met 2 buses. One was a large bus that was taking forever to load and the other was a small rickety bus.

I chose the small rickety 16 seater bus (probably a Hiace)and sat in the front seat with the driver. I was wondering why I was the only one seating in front. I was soon to find out.

One, the heat of the sun was killing! And worse, we started stopping every 30minutes to top up the radiator whenever the bus overheated. And guess where the radiator was? Underneath the seat beside the driver which was just beside me! That's why he didn't take an extra soul.

As if that wasn't enough, finding pure water or even bottled water to buy along the road proofed difficult. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

I then stumbled upon a lifesaver: sugarcane!. I bought quite a bit and the wetness inside started to soothing my thirst. I then understood why Hausa's like sucarcane..

The journey to Bauchi town took forever. This may be an exxegeration but it seemed like 6 hours. The journey should not have taken more than 3 hours but the bus was too slow.

The bus eventually got to Bauchi in the evening and I took a station wagon to Wailo camp!

Guess what route I used when going back to Lagos? I went through Jos. It's just an hour drive from Bauchi.
From there down to Lagos.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Felixalex(m): 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
May her soul rest in peace...

In as much as i hate this NYSC programme, this could have been avoided, she genuinely had asthma, she should not have engaged herself in such activities.

Those that are 100% healthy are the ones faking one sickness or the other either to avoid camp stress or for relocation.

5 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Ignorance is not an excuse. The NYSC Officials should be held responsible.
All these would have been averted if bullhari did not rig the election.
Bullhari= Badluck.
BTW, THE RIPs I RESERVED FOR THIS YEAR HAVE FINISHED, MORE THAN 50 HAS ALREADY BEING USED. SMFDH.

4 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by sukerefakere(m): 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Avoidable death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by TANID(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
Rest In Peac
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by ipobarethieves: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
sad To serve is NOT BY FORCE.Those NYSC staff sha.So sad.May her soul RIP.*A dumb fl@thead kid will cancel/quote me.Watch out for him.*
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
NYSC should be voluntary... But those getting fat from the annual budget won't like that.

6 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by seunjungle1(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
Nija, we kill ourselves
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Amuocha: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
If only APC has scrapped NYSC...human lives would not be going like this.

Buhari sef angry

2 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by EmekaBlue(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2019
u knw ur condition and u went to join.

RIP
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Gulher: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
Didn't she go with medical report?
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by bewla(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
RIP
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by anochuko01(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
i know nysc is shit but she should have stood her ground regarding her health condition...
i guess she was scared of them soldiers
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
That’s how they almost killed their father not me in adamawa camp,one idiot actually said asthma is not life threatening that there’s no excuse for parade.na so I just charge am say make him show me him medical certification.

4 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by lovingyouhun: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Father Lord!!! sad sad embarassed ot is well, may she rest well and may guilt torment that soldier for a long time IJN, AMEN
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Biingoo: 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
kennygee:
All these things are avoidable.

As a corp member, I never took part in parade, I was usually on my bed till parade ends.

Go to camp with your doctor's report and don't die like a chicken on the road.
Are you asthmatic
Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by UncletC: 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
she would have gotten her medical conditions known to nysc now or simply stop going for nysc and obtain exemption certificate knowing her health conditions...

2 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Amanew(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Remember O Lord!0ur Sister who have fallen asleep in the hope of the resurrection and all who have died in your mercy:Welcome them into the light of your face!
This will pray through Christ our Lord!
Amen †

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Angelawhite(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
People suffering from asthma and other similar diseases are exempted from camps .

2 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by RZArecta2(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Not to cry over spilt milk but her inhaler should have been with her in case of such an emergency knowing fully well the idîots placed in charge of such camps. All authorities in charge of the camp should be arrested and charged with culpable homicide to serve as deterrent

2 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by seunfly: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wailo camp is very dusty at this time of the year except if the condition has improved.

Why will somebody with such ailment such as asthma not applied for exemption or redeployment, it anoys me when I see pregnant women, breast feeding women, sick people and elderly in camp, something you can be exempted for, they will not just because they want to have camp fun.

2 Likes

Re: Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
Asthma is one bad disease

You can throw all the RIGHT drugs at it, and the thing no go gree go at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Corper In Delta State Was Not Missing - Brother Tells Okay.ng / Automatic Employment If You Marry An Indigene- Gov Al-Makura Tells Corpers / Nigerians React As Corps Member Blesses Corn Seller With Gift And Cash In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.