Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? (1780 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Respect The Jehovah’s Witnesses / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by Shepherd00: 7:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Lol....U funny man
I'm very serious, ask them
Read this and tell me a regular loving and forgiving church does these:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40704990
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by rottennaija(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
achorladey:

rottennaija: Of course, what do I know? The motor among Jws is: "The WORST WITNESS is BETTER than the BEST WORLDLY PERSON." I mean, It makes sense. Doesn't it? The worst is better than the best, probably in their utopian world.

achorladey: Perhaps Jesus must have seen this same kind of mindset in the heart of the Jews of his day the WORST JEW is BETTER than the BEST SAMARITAN or GENTILE yet Jesus said this about the SYROPHOENICIAN woman

Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus replied to her: “O woman, GREAT is your FAITH; let it happen to you as you WISH.” And her daughter was healed from that hour on.

And Jesus equally said this to the centurion

Luke 7:9 When Jesus heard these things, he was AMAZED at HIM, and he turned to the crowd following him and said: “I TELL YOU, not EVEN in ISRAEL have I found so GREAT A FAITH.

The reason Jesus must have given the good Samaritan story

Let me copy you by stating, what do I know after all ILLUSIONS abound all over the World.

Lol... You are funny
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by rottennaija(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
Janosky:

Not at all..
If you're convinced Jehovah's the true God, worship him with a complete heart .
If it's Baal that tickles your fancy, do make your choice .
JWs have never said they're perfect, but from what I found out, they are as close to the first century Christians as you can get . I'm JW for life .

Good. You should not be. The same way to put other religion under the radar and criticize them, you do likewise.

On your last sentence, well all I can say, there is appearance and there is reality. If you be happenstance find yourself among the early Christians, see what they do, how they worship etc, and compare them with the standards set by the organization today, you just might also called them false religion.
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by Jessicha(f): 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
rottennaija:

Should leaving the religion forces you to lose your family until you rejoin the religion? Isn't that coercion?

Why do you value losing your family ? Didn't Jesus said anyone whose love for family is. greater than him is not worth him ?

You are deluding yourself
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by rottennaija(m): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Shepherd00:

JW is not just a Church bro.

1StopRudeness:
It's just a church...Why does it sound like a cult that will kill u if u leave....Which one is legal action...Is it hard changing a church??... Just to wake up next Sunday and enter ur car or bike to another place and u are making it look like rocket science.......

1StopRudeness, Shepherd00 is right, albeit not what you have in mind. It really, it not just a Church, it's a high control religious groups or community. Easy to join, hard to leave with your reputation intact. In fact, there is simply no honorable way to leave the group.
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by Jessicha(f): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
Janosky:

Buda, pls go and do your investigations thoroughly.
No discipline is joyful and bliss to the one who errs & receives it.
These individuals are just disgruntled, their pain no get end because of bitterness they refused to move on. It's pointless pretending to serve God with a heart filled with bitterness.
If Man utd no fit you ,PSG no dey? Ajax no dey? Chelsea no dey? What of Leeds Utd? what of AC Milan?

last last,Jehovah's standard must be upheld. 1 Cor5:1-13

Lol, like a pained EX ...
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by rottennaija(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
Jessicha:

Why do you value losing your family ? Didn't Jesus said anyone whose love for family is. greater than him is not worth him ?

You are deluding yourself

I believe you meant to say value your family more than christ and what one must suffer for his sake? That is true and someday, a time will come when it doesn't matter or wouldn't matter any more. However, we are still humans.
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by Jessicha(f): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
rottennaija:

That is true and someday, a time will come when it doesn't matter or wouldn't matter any more. However, we are still humans .

Coward , you ain't worth Jesus . he is right.
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by rottennaija(m): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
Jessicha:

Coward , you ain't worth Jesus . he is right.

Yes, wise and brave one. You are worth him. Because I don't say what I pass through in the hands of Jws around would make you feel you know so much. I blame you not, for as written in the Bible, a person who respond to matters before he hear it is foolish.
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by Shepherd00: 8:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
rottennaija:

1StopRudeness, Shepherd00 is right, albeit not what you have in mind. It really, it not just a Church, it's a high control religious groups or community. Easy to join, hard to leave with your reputation intact. In fact, there is simply no honorable way to leave the group.
The energy surrounding Watch Tower. Org is evil
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by rottennaija(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Shepherd00:

The energy surrounding Watch Tower. Org is evil

Well, I would not really call it evil. I believe it's a case of people believing what they are doing is for God. Like Jesus said, "the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God."

Like it often said, when men pretend to know God's will, they end up harming others.
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by Shepherd00: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
rottennaija:

Well, I would not really call it evil. I believe it's a case of people believing what they are doing is for God. Like Jesus said, "the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God."

Like it often said, when men pretend to know God's will, they end up harming others.
Well said. But again, it is within the cracks of pretence that satan walks to manifest himself.
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by rottennaija(m): 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
Shepherd00:

Well said. But again, it is within the cracks of pretence that satan walks to manifest himself.

hmmm
Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by achorladey: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
rottennaija:

Good. You should not be. The same way to put other religion under the radar and criticize them, you do likewise.

On your last sentence, well all I can say, there is appearance and there is reality. If you be happenstance find yourself among the early Christians, see what they do, how they worship etc, and compare them with the standards set by the organization today, you just might also called them false religion.

The last part of your post here is REALITY. Were we to go back in time and turn back the hands of time even the first century Christians might fall short of Jehovah's STANDARDS. Eh eh e get as e be.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Attempt To Leave The Jehovah's Witness Religion ? by achorladey: 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
rottennaija:

What about this copied stuff as an illustration of what you posted up there. See below.......

If any of you SHEEP do not like the WAY we FEED and SHEPHERD YOU, you are PERFECTLY FREE to LEAVE. Any who WANT to GO, HOWEVER, should COME to us so THAT we can FIRST BRAND you as REJECTED and SPRAY you with a SUBSTANCE having the ODOR of WOLVES, so that the REST of the FLOCK can IDENTIFY you and AVOID you. And PLEASE have the DECENCY to leave QUIETLY without any BLEATING.

Omo na you go laugh tire oooooooo

Why the illustration.......

it is impossible to WITHDRAW QUIETLY, that the VIEW is, in EFFECT, “you CANNOT QUIT, we must FIRE YOU.” Why? Because by so doing the PERSON who has CONSCIENTIOUS CONCERNS about the ORGANIZATION’S COURSE and TEACHINGS is then placed “OFF LIMITS” to all other MEMBERS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Gospel Celebrity Set To Marry Soon / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Is He Outside Of The Church? / "Thou Shalt Not Judge: "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.