Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Islamic Rulings On Birth Control - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Rulings On Birth Control (10013 Views)

Islamic Rulings On Dealing With The Ex-wife / Islamic Rulings On Buying And Selling Akube/okirika Clothes / Rulings On Abortion In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by bafsonbaf: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2019
Note:im a Muslim
In as much as i hate reading hate comments i also hate to see children on our streets without proper upkeep i.e,Almajiris but come to think of it. In islam there ar rules which when a person is fully certified it become permissible for him to marry morethan one wife.
1.He must bear in his mind that he will love and treat them equally
2.He must be satisfied that he can carter for there needs as against cartering for only one wife without changes
3.He must be able to satisfy them but sexually or in all manners i.e the previous wife must not see changes.

But tell me are we really certifying such conditions? The answer is only less of us. The issue of birth control i don't think is the main cause rather marrying morethan one wife without been able to certisfy such above conditions

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
I agree. If he provides me enough to cater for just me and two kids or perhaps I am the kind of person who does not enjoy child rearing. I find myself in these scenarios, they are beyond me.

Unless it is a sin to use birth control, birth control is allowed.

What gave you the certainty that Allah provides for you and just TWO KIDS
Child rearing is part of our responsibility
Except beyond what you don't have control over
NOT FOR THE FEAR OF POVERTY, BODY DISFIGURE Just to mention few among many others, because we do give filmsy excuses
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by rowrowland: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:

I have a duty towards Allah to care for my kids that includes 'proper shelter', providing balanced diet and preparing them well for this competitive world. Which also translates to not having more kids than the wealth Allah has provided for. Even with wealth, not everyone has Allah given enough time and patience to care for kids.

Islam too wants us to cater for our children to the best of our abilities and resources- with plenty du'aas too.
Even if free foods are being shared, that should not be the hope of a Muslim family man.

I think the main issue is that a Muslim must not develop a deformed mindset.
1. Remove the fear of poverty from your mind and replace it with piety
2. Dont desire one-wife-one-child family style because you think its the ideal; its actually a concession.
3. Replace 2 above with desire for many children who are upstanding in faith, morals and skills. And work towards it.

If after all these, all Allah permits is one-wife-two-kids, no wahala. Allah knows best.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 10:44am On Apr 19, 2019
Islam has no problem with its teachings for it is perfect and would continue to benefit mankind till end of time, but Muslims of today have difficulty in understanding those teachings.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Seun(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2019
Niyi53:
Islam has no problem with its teachings for it is perfect and would continue to benefit mankind till end of time, but Muslims of today have difficulty in understanding those teachings.
What are some of the teachings that Muslims of today have difficulty in understanding?

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by MisterGrace: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2019
Lukgaf:
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

What the Muslims should do is to have as many children as they can, because this is the command issued by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said, “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers.” Because increasing the number of children increases the size of the ummah, and being of great numbers is a source of pride, as Allaah said, reminding the Children of Israel of that (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We helped you with wealth and children and made you more numerous in man-power” [al-Israa’ 17:6]

And Shu’ayb said to his people:

“ ‘And remember when you were but few, and He multiplied you’”

[al-A’raaf 7:86 – interpretation of the meaning]

No one would deny that if the ummah is great in number this will lend it pride and strength. This is contrary to what is imagined by those who think evil thoughts, that the large numbers of the ummah is the cause of its poverty and hunger. If the ummah increases in number and relies on Allaah, and believes in His promise, in the aayah “And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah” [Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning], then Allaah will make things easy for them and will grant them sufficient means from His Bounty.

On this basis, the answer to the question is as follows:

A woman should not use birth control pills unless the following two conditions are met:

(1)She should have a reason for that such as being sick and unable to bear a pregnancy every year, or being physically weak, or having other reasons why getting pregnant every year would be harmful for her.

(2) Her husband should give his permission, because the husband has the right to have children. This must also be done in consultation with a doctor, to find out whether taking these pills will be harmful to her or not.

If these two conditions are met, then it is OK for her to use these pills, but that should not be on a permanent basis, i.e., she should not use the type of birth control pills that prevent pregnancy permanently, because this is preventing progeny.

(Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/657, 658)

Concerning the harms caused by contraception, the Shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Birth control pills: I have heard from a number of sources that doctors say they are harmful. Even if we do not know this from the doctors, we know it from ourselves, because preventing something natural that Allaah has created and decreed for the daughters of Adam is undoubtedly harmful. Allaah is Wise, and He has only created this blood which flows at certain times for a reason. If we prevent it with these medicines, that is harmful without a doubt.

But I have heard that the matter is worse than we imagine, that they may be a means of damaging the womb, and a means of causing nervous disorders. This is something we must beware of.

(Liqaa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh, question no. 1147)

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

What is the ruling on removing the uterus in order to avoid having children for medical reasons which are either present, or may occur in the future and have been predicted by medical and scientific means?

He answered: if that is necessary, then it is OK, otherwise it should not be done, because the Lawgiver urges us to have children and promotes that in order to increase the size of the ummah. But if there is a necessary reason then it is OK, just as it is permissible to use means of contraception for a limited time for a legitimate shar’i reason. (9/434)

What is said concerning the birth control pill may also be said concerning the coil. It has been definitely proven by the doctors that this contraceptive method causes harm, especially when it is used continually. It is known that the woman who has a coil inserted has an increased flow of menstrual blood, and her period may come twice a month, which causes an iron deficiency in her body. Iron is one of the important minerals which the body needs. Some women may become anaemic when they use the coil and it makes their periods longer, resulting in the woman losing a large amount of blood and thus a large amount of the iron stored in the body. It has also been proven that many women suffer infections of the uterus as a result of using the coil. Despite all this, a woman may become pregnant with the coil in place, as has happened to a number of women. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

And Allaah knows best.

As extracted from IslamQA.

In conclusion, we are aware some non-Muslim will come here to abuse, curse and talk ill about Islam without prior knowledge of what Islam means. You are kindly advised to be objective while reading. In essence, while reading, do not forget to remove any hatred lenses you are wearing about Islam. This will enable you see the truth.

May Allah guide us all.

Wasalam Alaykum Waramotulah wabarakatuh

Very nauseating mentality.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by MisterGrace: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

if Nigeria is overpopulated at around 200 million people then China is what at 1.4 billion people?

The region is so poor yet has the richest man in Africa!

Focus more on leadership issues!

You don't have to be stupid.

China is facing a lot of problems caused by over population.

Why can't you read, research and try to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by IMAliyu(m): 11:09am On Apr 19, 2019
As much as Islam encourages us to reproduce, it has also placed a responsibility on us to care, feed, clothe, discipline and educate those children.
You need to evaluate the situation and resources that Allah has given you and have the number of children optimal for that.
You can't be making 5k a month and be providing all the necessities, meet all the obligations for 12 children and two wives. It is these people when they realize they can't take care of those children they send them away to do Almajiranchi so they can lower the burden on their shoulders and ignore the responsibility that Allah has placed on them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Blakjewelry(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2019
HitSong:

Don't be a liar and a hypocrite
FÙCK out of here if you are not a Muslim.
You think this rulings ia the cause of overpopulation in Nigeria? It is very silly and myopic to think that.
Consider the population of other Muslim countries
Dubai
Qatar
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia etc
Use your head!
you see, you are just one of the many problem of the country using religion only when it benefits you. what is the population of those country you mentioned compare to your own country. why is extremism not ravage those countries you mentioned? the answer is simple, the same religion different view. my pointer is not only to the Muslim but also to any religion who thread the part of the 1st century ad and you are one. please tell are there amajeris don't mind the spelling in any off the countries you mentioned?. since you are not thinking modern light, do you know there is suppose to be a balance in nature? years in as man population continues to expands he must clears out but previous farmland and or animal natural habitat so he can create shelter thereby endangering and driving other organisms to extinction.

what do you think its cause of too many process food these days, its all in a bid to meet the world teaming population, but I know you won't see that because you are blinded.

I wonder maybe when Nigeria population will be like 2 billion maybe probably your descendant will probably eat there siblings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Blakjewelry(m): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2019
IMAliyu:
As much as Islam encourages us to reproduce, it has also placed a responsibility on us to care, feed, clothe, discipline and educate those children.
You need to evaluate the situation and resources that Allah has given you and have the number of children optimal for that.
You can't be making 5k a month and be providing all the necessities, meet all the obligations for 12 children and two wives. It is these people when they realize they can't take care of those children they send them away to do Almajiranchi so they can lower the burden on their shoulders and ignore the responsibility that Allah has placed on them.
thank you very much
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2019
One wife, one child is not a sin. I quite enjoy how you lots kid yourself that you have got faith and piety because you subscribe to polygamy of all things. It only goes to show that is something fundamentally wrong somewhere.

does not mean
rowrowland:

Islam too wants us to cater for our children to the best of our abilities and resources- with plenty du'aas too.
Even if free foods are being shared, that should not be the hope of a Muslim family man.

I think the main issue is that a Muslim must not develop a deformed mindset.
1. Remove the fear of poverty from your mind and replace it with piety
2. Dont desire one-wife-one-child family style because you think its the ideal; its actually a concession.
3. Replace 2 above with desire for many children who are upstanding in faith, morals and skills. And work towards it.

If after all these, all Allah permits is one-wife-two-kids, no wahala. Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by newwater: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2019
salamander alaikum as a Muslim knowledge is very Important aspects in our religion, first revelation as we know emphasised on it , sheikh Adam al ilory, many scholars as well, warn Muslims about misleading, Saudi Arabia, what is the ratio of there production, are they blind not to have seen the hadith and born any how, remember what this same hadith has caused us, no body is saying we should not born but we should be able to control ourselves.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
One wife, one child is not a sin. I quite enjoy how you lots kid yourself that you have got faith and piety because you subscribe to polygamy of all things. It only goes to show that is something fundamentally wrong somewhere.

does not mean
What is wrong?
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
Allah gave me control over how many children I choose to have, he can decide that I will have more if the birth controls fail. He can decide to give me more wealth, health and time to provide the best for my kids but with the little I have, it is my responsibility as a Muslim yo appreciate it and make efficient use of it.

mutaalim:

What gave you the certainty that Allah provides for you and just TWO KIDS
Child rearing is part of our responsibility
Except beyond what you don't have control over
NOT FOR THE FEAR OF POVERTY, BODY DISFIGURE Just to mention few among many others, because we do give filmsy excuses
Regards

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Shafiiimran99: 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
herzernIsHere:

This is a very disturbing post.
with condition "as they can".
Eg Dangote's gateman can't compete with his Oga (Dangote) as far as the issue is concerned.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 12:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
You have got a god complex.

mutaalim:

What is wrong?
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by gibzzhd: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
I can't believe this.I'm so shelled shocked.In today's world where parents are busy.sHow many hours do parents spend daily parenting.Whether the money is there or not No one as any justification to fill us with kids.As a teacher I'm tired of ill brought up kids.who's faulty? The parents,but Mummy works in a bank and daddy an engineer.They spend more time in school,get picked up by the driver,end up in the home with nannies.Go to bed late without seeing mummy and daddy who are still busy out there.Get up early and rush back to school dropped off by the driver.PATHETIC
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
Allah gave me control over how many children I choose to have, he can decide that I will have more if the birth controls fail. He can decide to give me more wealth, health and time to provide the best for my kids but with the little I have, it is my responsibility as a Muslim yo appreciate it and make efficient use of it.

Kindly rephrase the word "Allah gave me control over how many children I choose to have" to Allah is in TOTAL control of numbers of children am to have.
That's why when a Muslim is asked how children you choose to have? The response should be
Whatever numbers of children Allah has destined for me to have.
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
You have got a god complex.

Meaning!?
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2019
You have a point.

mutaalim:

Kindly rephrase the word "Allah gave me control over how many children I choose to have" to Allah is in TOTAL control of numbers of children am to have.
That's why when a Muslim is asked how children you choose to have? The response should be
Whatever numbers of children Allah has destined for me to have.
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
@ Sterope how many children you do you choose to have?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
HitSong:

Don't be a liar and a hypocrite
FÙCK out of here if you are not a Muslim.
You think this rulings ia the cause of overpopulation in Nigeria? It is very silly and myopic to think that.
Consider the population of other Muslim countries
Dubai
Qatar
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia etc

Use your head!
These countries economy are run by Western countries the Kafir.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
Niyi53:
Islam teachings is not perfect and doesn't benefit mankind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by HitSong: 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
tintingz:
These countries economy are run by Western countries the Kafir.
In your face!
Keep fooling yourself
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
tintingz:
Islam teachings is not perfect and doesn't benefit mankind.
Islamic teachings are all in perfection.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 3:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
HitSong:

In your face!
Keep fooling yourself
Lol, ignorance is a bliss.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
mutaalim:

Islamic teachings are all in perfection.
Nothing is perfect.

If Islam teachings are perfect how come it's not accepted in world?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by udatso: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lukgaf:
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

What the Muslims should do is to have as many children as they can, because this is the command issued by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said, “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers.” Because increasing the number of children increases the size of the ummah, and being of great numbers is a source of pride, as Allaah said, reminding the Children of Israel of that (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We helped you with wealth and children and made you more numerous in man-power” [al-Israa’ 17:6]

And Shu’ayb said to his people:

“ ‘And remember when you were but few, and He multiplied you’”

[al-A’raaf 7:86 – interpretation of the meaning]

No one would deny that if the ummah is great in number this will lend it pride and strength. This is contrary to what is imagined by those who think evil thoughts, that the large numbers of the ummah is the cause of its poverty and hunger. If the ummah increases in number and relies on Allaah, and believes in His promise, in the aayah “And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah” [Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning], then Allaah will make things easy for them and will grant them sufficient means from His Bounty.

On this basis, the answer to the question is as follows:

A woman should not use birth control pills unless the following two conditions are met:

(1)She should have a reason for that such as being sick and unable to bear a pregnancy every year, or being physically weak, or having other reasons why getting pregnant every year would be harmful for her.

(2) Her husband should give his permission, because the husband has the right to have children. This must also be done in consultation with a doctor, to find out whether taking these pills will be harmful to her or not.

If these two conditions are met, then it is OK for her to use these pills, but that should not be on a permanent basis, i.e., she should not use the type of birth control pills that prevent pregnancy permanently, because this is preventing progeny.

(Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/657, 658)

Concerning the harms caused by contraception, the Shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Birth control pills: I have heard from a number of sources that doctors say they are harmful. Even if we do not know this from the doctors, we know it from ourselves, because preventing something natural that Allaah has created and decreed for the daughters of Adam is undoubtedly harmful. Allaah is Wise, and He has only created this blood which flows at certain times for a reason. If we prevent it with these medicines, that is harmful without a doubt.

But I have heard that the matter is worse than we imagine, that they may be a means of damaging the womb, and a means of causing nervous disorders. This is something we must beware of.

(Liqaa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh, question no. 1147)

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

What is the ruling on removing the uterus in order to avoid having children for medical reasons which are either present, or may occur in the future and have been predicted by medical and scientific means?

He answered: if that is necessary, then it is OK, otherwise it should not be done, because the Lawgiver urges us to have children and promotes that in order to increase the size of the ummah. But if there is a necessary reason then it is OK, just as it is permissible to use means of contraception for a limited time for a legitimate shar’i reason. (9/434)

What is said concerning the birth control pill may also be said concerning the coil. It has been definitely proven by the doctors that this contraceptive method causes harm, especially when it is used continually. It is known that the woman who has a coil inserted has an increased flow of menstrual blood, and her period may come twice a month, which causes an iron deficiency in her body. Iron is one of the important minerals which the body needs. Some women may become anaemic when they use the coil and it makes their periods longer, resulting in the woman losing a large amount of blood and thus a large amount of the iron stored in the body. It has also been proven that many women suffer infections of the uterus as a result of using the coil. Despite all this, a woman may become pregnant with the coil in place, as has happened to a number of women. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

And Allaah knows best.

As extracted from IslamQA.

In conclusion, we are aware some non-Muslim will come here to abuse, curse and talk ill about Islam without prior knowledge of what Islam means. You are kindly advised to be objective while reading. In essence, while reading, do not forget to remove any hatred lenses you are wearing about Islam. This will enable you see the truth.

May Allah guide us all.

Wasalam Alaykum Waramotulah wabarakatuh
Assalamu alaykum. I have a question ya akh.
When we say Allah will provide, I believe we mean that we have a plan and we are working towards it while praying and hoping Allah provides. It's similar to not doing something that will harm us and then pray to Allah to protect us. You can't stab yourself and then say Allah will protect me. I find it foolish.
Someone is on a pay of 30k monthly and with his business, he is able to take care of his wife and five kids conveniently and decided not to have more kids for now by means of temporary family planning. Without any more source of income or plan to find other means to provide for his family, is your article suggesting that this man is wrong and should just keep having babies as long as the wife is up for it?
Rashduct4luv your attention is needed here please Sir.

Secondly in your explanation of one of the verses you said
No one would deny that if the ummah is great in number this will lend it pride and strength.

I understand the point of pride. But as for strength, does this strength refer to power when fighting non muslims in jihad?
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by rowrowland: 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
MisterGrace:

You don't have to be stupid.

China is facing a lot of problems caused by over population.

Why can't you read, research and try to understand.
What if we break China into 100 small countries; will those nations become prosperous due to their small populations? At least that solves overpopulation question abi the whole world itself is overpopulated?!
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by rowrowland: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:

does not mean
I never said one-wife-one-child is a sin. I'm saying liking it because it's the rave of the moment signifies weak understanding and faith. The ideal is a large family. If Allah blesses you with wealth, health and time you should have a large family( except for some valid reasons known only to you)

50% of your worship is in your family life. Its a great act and we should all aspire for it, not the other way. Islamentality not Colomentality
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
rowrowland:

I never said one-wife-one-child is a sin. I'm saying liking it because it's the rave of the moment signifies weak understanding and faith. The ideal is a large family. If Allah blesses you with wealth, health and time you should have a large family( except for some valid reasons known only to you)

50% of your worship is in your family life. Its a great act and we should all aspire for it, not the other way. Islamentality not Colomentality
On point
But on that one - wife-one child " that if is what Allah has destined, not what we desire
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2019
It does not signify weak understanding and faith. Allah gave us choice and freewill. There are several ways of increasing Iman, having plenty wives and children is but one of several numberous ways. The ideal is not a large family. There is no farm to go to anymore, child mortality rate is declining and cost of a quality life is far higher than before.

The mentality you are talking about is the one working on how to increase food production. How about you add to your faith and helping mankind by dedicating your life to that research?

rowrowland:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Buying Expensive Items Regarded As Extravagance? / Why Smoking Is Haram and why you should stop smoking today? / Summary Of Things That Can Throw A Muslim Out Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.