Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Islamic Rulings On Birth Control - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Rulings On Birth Control (10011 Views)

Islamic Rulings On Dealing With The Ex-wife / Islamic Rulings On Buying And Selling Akube/okirika Clothes / Rulings On Abortion In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
MisterGrace:

You don't have to be stupid.
China is facing a lot of problems caused by over population.
Why can't you read, research and try to understand.
Sorry wisest researcher!
Please highlight the problems in China and also it's causes!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 5:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
It does not signify weak understanding and faith. Allah gave us choice and freewill. There are several ways of increasing Iman, having plenty wives and children is but one of several numberous ways. The ideal is not a large family. There is no farm to go to anymore, child mortality rate is declining and cost of a quality life is far higher than before.

The mentality you are talking about is the one working on how to increase food production. How about you add to your faith and helping mankind by dedicating your life to that research?

Is it because of FARMING is the reason why one is having more than one wifes and children?
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by rowrowland: 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2019
udatso:

No one would deny that if the ummah is great in number this will lend it pride and strength.

I understand the point of pride. But as for strength, does this strength refer to power when fighting non muslims in jihad?

Strength could mean Jihad if it's an Islamic country. Strength for any average Muslim community(e.g Naija Muslims) could be Voting strength, Economic strength, Intellectual and more . Allah knows best
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by udatso: 5:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
rowrowland:

Strength could mean Jihad if it's an Islamic country. Strength for any average Muslim community(e.g Naija Muslims) could be Voting strength, Economic strength, Intellectual and more . Allah knows best
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by rowrowland: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
It does not signify weak understanding and faith. Allah gave us choice and freewill.

I am not posting to debate (debating for just its sake is not beneficial). I pray Allah bestows me and you with more understanding and ease. Your point on social good is noted. I'm already working on something.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
It is not a leadership issue.

We have more people than food. Which means, if food is made free globally, it will still not go round. Many people will still starve. How many families have you fed this day alone before talking about having more kids? People should stick to the number of kids Allah has provided for them to care for.

Stop talking like one who disbeliefs in destiny. How do know how many kids you will have to cater for?

We do not have more people than food rather less policies that positively affects the masses! Every kid that would be born and their time of birth has been destined . No amount of rubber, coitus interruptus, contraceptive pills or IUD can prevent Allah's will.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Lukgaf(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
udatso:

Assalamu alaykum. I have a question ya akh.
When we say Allah will provide, I believe we mean that we have a plan and we are working towards it while praying and hoping Allah provides. It's similar to not doing something that will harm us and then pray to Allah to protect us. You can't stab yourself and then say Allah will protect me. I find it foolish.
Someone is on a pay of 30k monthly and with his business, he is able to take care of his wife and five kids conveniently and decided not to have more kids for now by means of temporary family planning. Without any more source of income or plan to find other means to provide for his family, is your article suggesting that this man is wrong and should just keep having babies as long as the wife is up for it?
Rashduct4luv your attention is needed here please Sir.

Secondly in your explanation of one of the verses you said
No one would deny that if the ummah is great in number this will lend it pride and strength.

I understand the point of pride. But as for strength, does this strength refer to power when fighting non muslims in jihad?

Wa alekum Salam Waramotulah wabarakatuh akhee. Thanks for your question. The fact is you can't take care of a child even if you are earning a million monthly. Do an assignment tonight sir, calculate your expenditure as against your income you will see the former is always greater than the latter this confirm that Allah is the one who provide risq and each individual comes with theirs. So, the scholar said you can plan your family but not for the fact that you are afraid of what to give them because your spending is not a function of your earning. A woman who had her delivery through CS may stop for a while on the advise of a sincere doctor. In essense, It is Allah that provide. I hope this is understood sir?
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
The concept not destiny (Qadr) does not exclude making active choice. If it does, we can give up on salat and tell ourselves that if Allah wills it, I will end up in Al janatul firdaus.

We have more people than food/resources. That is a fact. No amount of poliices can produce enough for everyone on earth to survive on. However, if Allah does not will it, birth controls will prevent it! Shikena

Rashduct4luv:

Stop talking like one who disbeliefs in destiny. How do know how many kids you will have to cater for?

We do not have more people than food rather less policies that positively affects the masses! Every kid that would be born and their time of birth has been destined . No amount of rubber, coitus interruptus, contraceptive pills or IUD can prevent Allah's will.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
Yes, large families were because of need for labour and high mortality rate of children.

mutaalim:

Is it because of FARMING is the reason why one is having more than one wifes and children?
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
Yes, large families were because of need for labour and high mortality rate of children.

I hear you, I suspect you are among those advocating/gospeler for one - wife - one - child.
Is high time you changed your orientation about that,
May Allah guide us right
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
I don't advocate for one wife one child however I am definitely against men jumping into polygamy like it is their birthright or advocating against birth control in the guise that it is against Allah's wishes or it shoes lack of faith and all other mumbo jumbo to make yourselves feel like you are better.

mutaalim:

I hear you, I suspect you are among those advocating/gospeler for one - wife - one - child.
Is high time you changed your orientation about that,
May Allah guide us right
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
I don't advocate for one wife one child however I am definitely against men jumping into polygamy like it is their birthright or advocating against birth control in the guise that it is against Allah's wishes or it shoes lack of faith and all other mumbo jumbo to make yourselves feel like you are better.

Could you please give more details /explain what you meant by "I am definitely against men jumping into polygamy like it is their birthright"
Regards
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Heavance(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

if Nigeria is overpopulated at around 200 million people then China is what at 1.4 billion people?

The region is so poor yet has the richest man in Africa!

Focus more on leadership issues!

Did you type that thing up there without doing little research about China?
How can you compare sef, just explain how? Seriously, you let religion give how intelligent you are.......
In this age, you still don't see where careless birth place us as a country.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
tintingz:
Islam teachings is not perfect and doesn't benefit mankind.

do you have a better and perfect teaching?
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Seun:

What are some of the teachings that Muslims of today have difficulty in understanding?

1. death of Jesus Christ
2. The blessings of the bounties of the Holy Prophet pbuh being the seal of Prophets.
3. Jihad
4. Apostasy
5. The Holy Quran and the issue of Abrogation.
6. Dajjal: The Anti -Christ.

to mention but a few...
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
Niyi53:

do you have a better and perfect teaching?
Like a said there's nothing perfect!
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 12:36am On Apr 20, 2019
tintingz:
Like a said there's nothing perfect!

lol... bro God is perfect and He himself has mentioned that He has sent down a perfect teaching to us.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2019
Niyi53:

lol... bro God is perfect and He himself has mentioned that He has sent down a perfect teaching to us.

God didn't send any teachings to anybody, both personal god and religion are man-made. If Islam teachings are perfect it should be accepted all over the world, it doesn't need people's interpretations because for something to be perfect it's free from faults. Unfortunately people are the ones interpretating your religious text causing diversities. Some men made up those teachings that are subjective to 7th century middle eastern practice and claim it's perfect which is delusional.

Let me ask, since God also sent teachings to the Hindus, does this means Hindu teachings are perfect?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 3:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
tintingz:

Let me ask, since God also sent teachings to the Hindus, does this means Hindu teachings are perfect?

Yes, it was perfect for that time and people it was sent to.
what you need to understand is that teachings were sent before Islam to specific people and not to last for eternity. That's why they all never claimed perfection in the sense that that was the final message. Rather, they contain information about the coming of another who is to give them another form of guidance!

so the teachings given to them then was perfect for that time, but when the person foretold to appear later actually appeared, and another teaching sent, then if they still insist on following the old teaching, that would be their own fault and not God's.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2019
Niyi53:

Yes, it was perfect for that time and people it was sent to.
what you need to understand is that teachings were sent before Islam to specific people and not to last for eternity. That's why they all never claimed perfection in the sense that that was the final message. Rather, they contain information about the coming of another who is to give them another form of guidance!

so the teachings given to them then was perfect for that time, but when the person foretold to appear later actually appeared, and another teaching sent, then if they still insist on following the old teaching, that would be their own fault and not God's.

Then it's not perfect.

Kindly know the definition of "perfect".
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
tintingz:

Then it's not perfect.

it is. You should try to understand it. It is a perfect teaching for the need of their "time". and right now, they have become imperfect! Why?
because, the doors of divine communication is closed in those religions. God no more takes care of them!
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2019
tintingz:

Then it's not perfect.

Sorry... but that is the definition of perfection, what the person you quoted said lipsrsealed

Read without bias...

It's better to exchange ideas than to debat.. debate is distasteful because all you're looking for is faults, rather than pearls kiss

As you were grin
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
Niyi53:

it is. You should try to understand it. It is a perfect teaching for the need of their "time". and right now, they have become imperfect! Why?
because, the doors of divine communication is closed in those religions. God no more takes care of them!

Is God the Government grin

Has he stopped taking applications for heaven grin

Correction: The people of the Books, as long as they are following the right "version" ie, those who believe jesus is a prophet, and those Jews who follow the correct scriptures, all have access to heaven (Allah knows best)
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
Guest007:

Correction: The people of the Books, as long as they are following the right "version" ie, those who believe jesus is a prophet, and those Jews who follow the correct scriptures, all have access to heaven (Allah knows best)

I don't know what you are correcting... Definitely, if such person from the People of The Book is in reality not aware of the advent of the Holy Prophet, then he/she can be excused. But if after they got to know about his advent, while it is also mentioned in their book that "The Prophet is coming" or "The comforter", making wrong interpretation would in no way make them not guilty.

For if "wrong interpretation" would be an excuse for them, the same would apply for the Jews who rejected the advent of Jesus based upon their own clear understanding of their scripture that Elijah himself has to descend from heaven before the advent of the Messiah and that Jesus's interpretation of that to mean John the Baptist is no way acceptable....

However, it is a fact that they are wrong for denying Jesus Christ and the earn the wrath of Allah by that. So if the people of the book fail to recognise the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) after explanations have been made to them, then they have no excuse.

to the best of my knowledge, such a one cannot be accepted into Allah's Mercy and would end up in hell for reformation.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
Guest007:

Sorry... but that is the definition of perfection, what the person you quoted said lipsrsealed

Read without bias...

It's better to exchange ideas than to debat.. debate is distasteful because all you're looking for is faults, rather than pearls kiss

As you were grin

lol... understand it in context. That perfection referred to is termed "itmaam-e-Nemat" perfection of bounty. and it's explanation has been given in scripturally.

In order for you to deny what he said, you have to present the teaching of any of the religion you support.
You cannot just deny without evidence saying you feel it should be like this or like that !!!
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Niyi53:

I don't know what you are correcting... Definitely, if such person from the People of The Book is in reality not aware of the advent of the Holy Prophet, then he/she can be excused. But if after they got to know about his advent, while it is also mentioned in their book that "The Prophet is coming" or "The comforter", making wrong interpretation would in no way make them not guilty.

For if "wrong interpretation" would be an excuse for them, the same would apply for the Jews who rejected the advent of Jesus based upon their own clear understanding of their scripture that Elijah himself has to descend from heaven before the advent of the Messiah and that Jesus's interpretation of that to mean John the Baptist is no way acceptable....

However, it is a fact that they are wrong for denying Jesus Christ and the earn the wrath of Allah by that. So if the people of the book fail to recognise the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) after explanations have been made to them, then they have no excuse.

to the best of my knowledge, such a one cannot be accepted into Allah's Mercy and would end up in hell for reformation.

I got a headache after reading this, but ok. You accepted that if such people exist, then heaven is open to them. There could be a number of reasons why those people won't introduced to Islam, and I don't really buy into the idea that if people don't do xyz, they won't go to heaven. That's not for you or anyone to decide.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2019
Niyi53:

lol... understand it in context. That perfection referred to is termed "itmaam-e-Nemat" perfection of bounty. and it's explanation has been given in scripturally.

In order for you to deny what he said, you have to present the teaching of any of the religion you support.
You cannot just deny without evidence saying you feel it should be like this or like that !!!

I was talking to tingtingz, and I meant that what you said was the definition of perfection, if indeed the Quran, is the Seal, then religion as far as (xtanity, Judaism,) is perfected.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2019
Guest007:

I got a headache after reading this, but ok. You accepted that if such people exist, then heaven is open to them. There could be a number of reasons why those people won't introduced to Islam, and I don't really buy into the idea that if people don't do xyz, they won't go to heaven. That's not for you or anyone to decide.

I am not selling any idea to you, I am rather telling what The Holy Quran says.
One who Denys after true knowledge has come to him/her would definitely suffer the punishment. Yes, it is not for me to decide and neither am I making any decision.

Get it clear, "after the person has gotten knowledge of the truth or after the truth has been presented to him or her In a very clear manner but still chose to reject!" how can such a one be accepted by God!!!
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Niyi53(m): 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
Guest007:

I was talking to tingtingz, and I meant that what you said was the definition of perfection, if indeed the Quran, is the Seal, then religion as far as (xtanity, Judaism,) is perfected.

understood.
Thanks
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 7:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
Guest007:

Read without bias...

As you were grin
Lol, what's debating and what's exchanging ideas.

If one doesn't look for faults how then do we know what's true and what's false?

Perfection means "free from faults" and "completeness", as long as faults are found in your teachings and subjected to the 7th century practice then it's not perfect.

Nothing is perfect.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2019
tintingz:
Lol, what's debating and what's exchanging ideas.

If one doesn't look for faults how then do we know what's true and what's false?

Perfection means "free from faults" and "completeness", as long as faults are found in your teachings and subjected to the 7th century practice then it's not perfect.

Nothing is perfect.
Religion of Islam is perfect and our creator Allah is perfect.
Nothing more nothing less.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
Guest007:

What happened to other religions?

This is a paradox, I mean the Abrahamic religion don't even agree with themselves, how does this have anything to do with perfection?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Summary Of Things That Can Throw A Muslim Out Of Islam / Is Buying Expensive Items Regarded As Extravagance? / Why Smoking Is Haram and why you should stop smoking today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.