Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. (317 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. by Thermodynamics(m): 9:14am On Apr 18, 2019
hello, I was posted to a remote village to do my national service(NYSC) I have someone who is ready to move me to another local government, but is requesting for some money, the money is not the problem but my faith is, I'm not sure if that is a bribe or not, as I'm ready to serve my nation but not in a village, I have something I want to do during this my NYSC period, but I decided to let it go and serve my nation, so I'm not a selfish person, I don't just want to waste this one year in a remote area in the name of national service. So, what do you guys think? if I decide to pay the money and move to another local government, is that actually a bribe?
remember that I'm ready to serve and fulfill my duty as a corper.
Re: I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. by Shepherd00: 9:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Thermodynamics:
hello, I was posted to a remote village to do my national service(NYSC) I have someone who is ready to move me to another local government, but is requesting for some money, the money is not the problem but my faith is, I'm not sure if that is a bribe or not, as I'm ready to serve my nation but not in a village, I have something I want to do during this my NYSC period, but I decided to let it go and serve my nation, so I'm not a selfish person, I don't just want to waste this one year in a remote area in the name of national service. So, what do you guys think? if I decide to pay the money and move to another local government, is that actually a bribe?
remember that I'm ready to serve and fulfill my duty as a corper.
First off, I must say, I love you. You are honest and Noble. You want to do the right thing with a clear conscience. The laws of God means something to you. Very few of us still consider the feelings of the Lord Jesus in our dealings these days. I'm glad there's still one disciple out there. This said.

I think what you shd do is to define Bribery and then apply it to this situation, you'd get your answers.

Bribery, without consulting the dictionary means to give or do something to influence someone to sway justice to your favour. To bend a rule. getting something which ordinarily shd go to someone else. Does these seem close to you?

Now, as Jesus kids, we have an edge in that, we have the authority to influence and change situations around us, on our knees.

If you Please the Lord, He will be pleased by you, and can go ahead to influence things and people for you sake. Don't bribe anyone for anything, that will be working for the other side. Whenever you do what Jesus says not to do, you work against Him and for satan.

Tell the Master what you want and wait. If He does nothing about it, then know that He needs you to go to that place and do something for Him in that Bush He is sending you to. Always know that He is involved in all we do as His kids.

Bishop Oyedepo was a 19 old boy who found himself in a bush such as this, when he went there, he discovered they was no church, not even a hut called a Church in that place, he may not have liked to be there, but he saw a need, he mobilized the few youths around him, they built a Church, the first Church of Jesus in that community. When he was leaving, the village Head sent him forth with an old lantern and a prayer. Is he doing exploit today? But, what if he had ran away from the bush?

Go where Jesus is sending you, if you positively impact one life in that Bush, you have served Jesus.

Don't go there and misrepresent Jesus by having a girlfriend o. lol. many youths pride themselves in that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. by Thermodynamics(m): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2019
Shepherd00:

First off, I must say, I love you. You are honest and Noble. You want to do the right thing with a clear conscience. The laws of God means something to you. Very few of us still consider the feelings of the Lord Jesus in our dealings these days. I'm glad there's still one disciple out there. This said.

I think what you shd do is to define Bribery and then apply it to this situation, you'd get your answers.

Bribery, without consulting the dictionary means to give or do something to influence someone to sway justice to your favour. To bend a rule. getting something which ordinarily shd go to someone else. Does these seem close to you?

Now, as Jesus kids, we have an edge in that, we have the authority to influence and change situations around us, on our knees.

If you Please the Lord, He will be pleased by you, and can go ahead to influence things and people for you sake. Don't bribe anyone for anything, that will be working for the other side. Whenever you do what Jesus says not to do, you work against Him and for satan.

Tell the Master what you want and wait. If He does nothing about it, then know that He needs you to go to that place and do something for Him in that Bush He is sending you to. Always know that He is involved in all we do as His kids.

Bishop Oyedepo was a 19 old boy who found himself in a bush such as this, when he went there, he discovered they was no church, not even a hut called a Church in that place, he may not have liked to be there, but he saw a need, he mobilized the few youths around him, they built a Church, the first Church of Jesus in that community. When he was leaving, the village Head sent him forth with an old lantern and a prayer. Is he doing exploit today? But, what if he had ran away from the bush?

Go where Jesus is sending you, if you positively impact one life in that Bush, you have served Jesus.

Don't go there and misrepresent Jesus by having a girlfriend o. lol. many youths pride themselves in that.

Thanks for your contribution
Re: I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. by Shepherd00: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2019
Thermodynamics:

Thanks for your contribution
UWC
Re: I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. by OpenYourEyes1: 11:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Is this kind of transfer allowed? If no, it is bribery and should be avoided.
Better not to serve atall than serving and breaking rules.

If I were part of this organization, a quiet community would be my favorite place to serve... Quiet rural areas are where my services would be needed most. And foods should be cheap there
Re: I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. by Thermodynamics(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
Is this kind of transfer allowed? If no, it is bribery and should be avoided.
Better not to serve atall than serving and breaking rules.

If I were part of this organization, a quiet community would be my favorite place to serve... Quiet rural areas are where my services would be needed most. And foods should be cheap there

Yes, you can transfer from one local government to another, based on some conditions.
Re: I'm Not Clear If This Is Bribery Or Not. by OpenYourEyes1: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thermodynamics:

Yes, you can transfer from one local government to another, based on some conditions.

Try to meet the conditions.

Good to know we still have people with conscience. Wish you the best.

(1) (Reply)

GOOD FRIDAY (TWO GREATEST LESSONS TO LEARN) / I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job If You Give Bribe – Oyedepo / Can A Christian Truely Be Happy In Heaven If Their Loved Ones Are In Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.