Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency (50004 Views)

FG Gives Update On New Minimum Wage Implementation, To Pay Arrears / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Ayasayas(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
midolian:
Buhari is winning.. grin

Patriotic Nigerians are happy... grin grin

Corruption is in sober moment.. grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9208196_img20190418152855_jpeg9c42b215fbd976da8cfd1f99d59f33c7

Election tribuner will still followed carefuly.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by lakesider(m): 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dreal1247:
The money cannot afford two bags of rice. It is even less than ten Dollars ($10.00).

Why do u want to eat 2bags of rice in a month,
U have Internet, please Google the meaning of minimum wage...
It's the minimum amount u can pay the lowest worker, e. G cleaners, it doesn't include allowance..
Minimum wage of 30k means the lowest paid person will still go home with like 50k at the end of the month when allowance is added

3 Likes

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by olajizz01(m): 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dreal1247:
The money cannot afford two bags of rice. It is even less than ten Dollars ($10.00).
Propaganda at it highest,so 30,000 is less than 10dollars in your hell

I pray hatred will not send you people to early grave because you still have another four years and beyond to wail.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
computer0810:
fool
I doubt if you have eaten mums food tonight. I know you don't even have the mental capacity to engage in any reasonable discussion. You exude reproach and pity. I pity your generation.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by okayman4real(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Good to hear that.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by wristbangle: 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
dafemnet:
If ur salary was 150k before, how much would you earn from today

Still 150k if u are working with a private firm but will increase if it is federal parastatals
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by olajizz01(m): 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thatnawtichick:
Will it affect corpers too?
FG said corper earning 50k
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
Mr educated, the minimum wage might be 30k but no one will earn that little.
Have you seen anyone who earns the exact minimum wage in an organized setting before?

I have an interesting life outside the internet and will tend to that rather than try to argue with someone like you.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by armyofone(m): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Where is the job ?
Where can I apply?
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by rectitude(m): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nice one
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Teejay13(m): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Good News. Standing Ovation to Mr Buhari✌�

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by doctokwus: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

I know you are one of the incurable low guys still feeding from mum and daddy. 18k under GEJ could comfortably buy 2 bags of rice. How many bags can 30k buy now? What has your Kunu guzzling terrorist achieved that you are celebrating. Your servitude has perpetually enslaved your ability to be objective. I pity your generation.
I call them satanic lots.So full of the dullards po o that commonsense and reasoning are now as alien to them as snow is to Nigeria.
Meanwhile has anyone sat to think where this extra money is going to come from?
A president that hasn't added a single economic value to the country will resort to the only thing destructive people like that do,print more money or increase VAT and fuel prices.
In some places bus fares have been increased already,rates of goods and services will soon increase because the major private sector employers that are obligated to pay this must source for the extra funds.
Many states could not pay N18k minimum wage,how are they going to pay N30k?
Invariably the only employees that would benefit from this are the FG workers,at the cost of inflation to the general populace and untold hardship to the private workers in several thousand small firms that sustain the uneducated and the semi literates.
Some people maybe celebrating but as long as it's a policy under Buhari,it's something that may turn out disastrous,so long he doesn't have any policy in place or even has an idea of how to actually take people out of poverty than this throwing money at the problem.Money that would benefit only a minute percentage of the workforce.

4 Likes

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Sososo(f): 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hurray�yipee� but it is long overdue �
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by searay(m): 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
Akwa Ibom State workers should forget about this minimum wage. Their Governor will not pay.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by uchevalentine: 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
nice 1,but in few wks now u hear dat litre of petrol is 200 to 250
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Awoo88: 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hope it will cut across senior civil service

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by richard870(m): 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
The 2023 Election votes has just been bought!

Wailers, over to you
Smh 4 you and your future. Do you know what our economic indicators are saying obviously, you don't!
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by dhareh: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Can't imagin how people can reason with sentiment. What can 30k buy in the market today as compared with 18k under previous administration. Meanwhile, OBJ increased lecturers' salary without making noise and GEJ increased workers salary without strike and no noise. Can't you people leave religion and ethnicity and face truth for ones in this country? How has APC helped you as a person? Do you go to market and buy things without money or do you get fuel free of charge at the gas station? It's unfortunate I share the same geographical space with some lunatics.

As much as we criticize this administration when something is done wrong, they also deserves commendation when they do things right...... every administration has its ups and downs, this very one have theirs...... let’s not be all partisan, let’s speak the truth, this is commendable

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Can't imagin how people can reason with sentiment. What can 30k buy in the market today as compared with 18k under previous administration. Meanwhile, OBJ increased lecturers' salary without making noise and GEJ increased workers salary without strike and no noise. Can't you people leave religion and ethnicity and face truth for ones in this country? How has APC helped you as a person? Do you go to market and buy things without money or do you get fuel free of charge at the gas station? It's unfortunate I share the same geographical space with some lunatics.
right from time salaries had never be enough for worker moreover some allowances will still be add. when he has not sign it people re complaint
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Sirjamo: 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
qqqqpppp:

I have an interesting life outside the internet and will tend to that rather than try to argue with someone like you.
Well. I didn't quote you first, you quoted me.
Whether your life is great or miserable is not my business.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
Well. I didn't quote you first, you quoted me.
Whether your life is great or miserable is not my business.

Haha, enjoy hell man.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by anonymous1759(m): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

You don't deserve any attention cos you have made yourself an enemy of truth. But convert 18k tondallar in 2014 and 30k to dollar in 2019 and conclude yourself if your brain is still intact. Sorry you have made yourself a servant of sentiment and a slave to a cow reaerer.

Go and sleep... Like I said if you're given 30k return the 12k balance to FG... What was the prize of oil in 2014& 2019?? Ask yourself if you've brain. Your so called PDP couldn't build the foreign reserve when the oil price was Good. And your here hating over nothing. If you like choke yourself with hate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by doffman: 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
midolian:
You guys behave like dogs. If you chase a dog, it will pant; If it chases you, it will pant; If you don't chase it, it will pant; if it doesn't chase you, it will still pant.

I don't know what is difficult in appreciating this even though it is little. Must you wail all of the time? undecided undecided

Don't mind them... They hated the man already so they can see good things coming from him.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
tstx:
What south africans earn in less than two weeks....

https://listwand.com/south-africa-launches-minimum-wage-with-start-of-the-new-year/amp/

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

the reason while they killed Nigerians
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by computer0810(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

I doubt if you have eaten mums food tonight. I know you don't even have the mental capacity to engage in any reasonable discussion. You exude reproach and pity. I pity your generation.
u sounds like u still live under ur parent
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by omoiyalayi(m): 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Calm down bro

He's just been sarcastic grin
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by omoiyalayi(m): 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Don't be surprised some people will reason that way
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by msylva2147(m): 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

My friend go and sit down the 18,000 minimum wage you are talking about was just on paper and as a worker my salary was even reduced. I Your hatred for the president has be clouded your mind that you can't even think straight again even when there's need for you to appreciate one's effort.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by dannybrasky(m): 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
It's called HATRED!! it knows no bounds. No mind them.

midolian:
You guys behave like dogs. If you chase a dog, it will pant; If it chases you, it will pant; If you don't chase it, it will pant; if it doesn't chase you, it will still pant.

I don't know what is difficult in appreciating this even though it is little. Must you wail all of the time? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by anonymous1759(m): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Is there any need to argue with a slave who's brain has been substituted with coconut water. Civil servants salary was increased by 53.6% in 2012. Keep deceiving yourself. Your generation is in deep shit

Which civil servant? You guys are shameless, lying just to discredit someone's effort. Shame on you guys. Civil servant ko civil servant ni
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
ajbf:

If the new minimum wage that is being celebrated #30,000 is $83.44 in 2019, how much was #18,000 minimum wage in dollar when the last administration implemented it? You will see how FG has tactically surchanged workers in Nigeria.
For your information, #18,000 was about $116.88 in 2011 was last FG administration increased the minimum wage.
are you buying your goods and services in dollars? NO base your analysis on naira

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019 Results By The Cable / David Lyon Will Be Sworn-In By March 2020 - Prophet (Video) / Iliasu Abdul-Rauf: 14 Girls Found Locked Up In Apartment In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.