Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency (50018 Views)

FG Gives Update On New Minimum Wage Implementation, To Pay Arrears / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Yankee101: 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dreal1247:
The money cannot afford two bags of rice. It is even less than ten Dollars ($10.00).

100 dollars not 10 dollars
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by LamidicownuBSS: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Some people think with nose and anus, be reminded that 55% will be added to everybody salary across the nation.

Hate will not allow some to think

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
sim12:
Pls, somebody help, how much will I earn now if I have been receiving 110,000 before
what is your basic salary
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by msylva2147(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
qqqqpppp:

There is actually nothing to appreciate here. Nigerians like suffering so they can say "We are among the strongest people on Earth, smiling and suffering crap".

It is definitely more than 18K but have you heard of a country called Venezuela ? and the clusterfuck position they are in, there's a lot of money in the hands of citizens but what value can you get with the money?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-45246409
https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/15/venezuela-all-my-life-s-savings-were-destroyed-by-hyperinflation-thecube
http://theconversation.com/what-caused-hyperinflation-in-venezuela-a-rare-blend-of-public-ineptitude-and-private-enterprise-102483
https://internationalman.com/articles/wheelbarrow-economics/

Lol, I hope you people keep this energy in the next 10 months
people like you will always complain even if they should give you the whole cbn. If you can not manage the little you have even if you are given the entire world you can never be satisfied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
hakeemhakeem:

are you buying your goods and services in dollars? NO base your analysis on naira

Lol... In a country that imports literally everything? Guy, they suppose slap you make you die on the spot instantly

3 Likes

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by IprintMONEY: 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Can't imagin how people can reason with sentiment. What can 30k buy in the market today as compared with 18k under previous administration. Meanwhile, OBJ increased lecturers' salary without making noise and GEJ increased workers salary without strike and no noise. Can't you people leave religion and ethnicity and face truth for ones in this country? How has APC helped you as a person? Do you go to market and buy things without money or do you get fuel free of charge at the gas station? It's unfortunate I share the same geographical space with some lunatics.
please shut up. i dont know why peasants and poor people are never grateful for once angry

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
msylva2147:
people like you will always complain even if they should give you the whole cbn. If you can not manage the little you have even if you are given the entire world you can never be satisfied.

Lol, I don't manage. I can comfortably spend 7 figures ( in Naira) every month.

I am concerned about Nigeria!!!
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by IprintMONEY: 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
midolian:
You guys behave like dogs. If you chase a dog, it will pant; If it chases you, it will pant; If you don't chase it, it will pant; if it doesn't chase you, it will still pant.

I don't know what is difficult in appreciating this even though it is little. Must you wail all of the time? undecided undecided
the guy is legit annoying

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by msylva2147(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
tstx:
What south africans earn in less than two weeks....

https://listwand.com/south-africa-launches-minimum-wage-with-start-of-the-new-year/amp/

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Why not go to the South Africa so that you will be advertising website building.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
msylva2147:
My friend go and sit down the 18,000 minimum wage you are talking about was just on paper and as a worker my salary was even reduced. I Your hatred for the president has be clouded your mind that you can't even think straight again even when there's need for you to appreciate one's effort.

Poverty of the mind is your undoing
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
Npfn:
No private sector will key into this because of our labour ministry can't enforce order even industries that pay workers 800naira per day won't obey naija chai
so they re bigger than the constitution of the land.take them to industrial court but after that have it in mind that your work has end after court.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by sapientia(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
Greek Gift.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by moskyg(f): 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nice one
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dreal1247:
The money cannot afford two bags of rice. It is even less than ten Dollars ($10.00).
ten or hundred?

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Iziquiel(m): 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Is there any need to argue with a slave who's brain has been substituted with coconut water. Civil servants salary was increased by 53.6% in 2012. Keep deceiving yourself. Your generation is in deep shit
Just shut your trap,I wanted to correct you earlier but I decided not to hoping that someone would. You should take corrections or better still, use Google. The last administration that increased the minimum wage was the Musa Yardua's.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by msylva2147(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
qqqqpppp:

Lol, I don't manage. I can comfortably spend 7 figures ( in Naira) every month.
people that does that doesn't come on social media to express their pain. I believe there's that possibility that you could be a gate man in real life and comfortable spending ten digits (in dollars) every month.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Sirjamo: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
qqqqpppp:

Haha, enjoy hell man.
The deepest part of that hell is your designated abode

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by ajbf: 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
hakeemhakeem:

are you buying your goods and services in dollars? NO base your analysis on naira
I am talking about the purchasing power of an average Nigerian in the international market.

3 Likes

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
msylva2147:
people that does that doesn't come on social media to express their pain. I believe there's that possibility that you could be a gate man in real life and comfortable spending ten digits (in dollars) every month.

Haha, enjoy your fantasy my man
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
The deepest part of that hell is your designated abode

You sound angry. I advise you take a chill pill.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by sanusikebbe(m): 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
Good news!
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
doctokwus:

I call them satanic lots so full of the dullards po o that commonsense and reasoning as now as alien to them as snow is to Nigeria.
Meanwhile has anyone sat to think where this extra money is going to come from.
A president that hasn't added a single economic value to the country will report to the only thing destructive people like that do,print more money or increase VAT and fuel prices.
In some places bus fares have been increased already,rates of goods and services will soon increase because the major private sector employers that are obligated to pay this must source for the extra funds.
Many states could not pay N18k minimum wage,how are they going to pay N30km?
Invariably the only employees that would benefit from this are the FG workers,at the cost of inflation to the general populace and untold hardship to the private workers in several thousand small firms that sustain the uneducated and the semi literates.
Some people maybe celebrating but as long as it's a policy under Buhari,it's something that may turn out disastrous,so long he doesn't have any policy in place or even has an idea of how to actually take people out of poverty than this throwing money at the problem.Monwy that would benefit only a minute percentage of the workforce.
what happen to increases in Firs and,custom generate more so a lot taxes are going to generate through compulsory excluding vat
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by pacespot(m): 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
ugonology:

Bro am talking from an economic stand point, 70% of our budgetary allocation is spent on recurrent expenditures, our national debt profile has increased by at least by 50% in the last four years, oil price pundits are strongly predicting an oil glut which will definitely affect our government earnings, inflation on the other hand will force prices up beyond the marginal salary increase the people are celebrating...who will loose from all this? Savers! Whose monies in the bank will loose value, salary earners! Whose thirst will be quenched with salty sea waters. And who will gain? Business men! Cause more money in circulation means more spending Real estate investors! Because every fixed asset will increase in value.
Am not an economist, just a guy who hunger and lack has forced to understand the systems of money.

you are the only one who reasons well as a Nigerian, minimum wage will not solve the economy problem in this country, in fact, it will create more problems than it solves, because this will discourage savings by businessmen due to fear of losing the value of their money, unless they can convert the money to hard currency. the more people are discouraged from saving, the more inflationary pressure will be applied on prices of goods and services. at the end of the day, workers will not be able to enjoy the benefits of the pay rise, the marginal benefits of domestic inflations will fall into foreign countries whose goods have become costlier due to higher exchange rate of naira to dollars.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
I am excited to see a lot of people in great pains in the coming months because of their stupid decisions.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by msylva2147(m): 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
ajbf:

In February 2011, FG started the implementation of the new national minimum wage of #18,000 per month. The naira exchange rate to dollar was $1 = #154. This means the then minimum wage in 2011 was $116.88
Today, the FG want the workers to be rejoicing that their minimum wage has increased from #18,000 to #30000, which only equivalent to $83.44 as you have put it up there.
Is this an increment in real terms?
please stop mentioning that 18,000 minimum wage because the only minimum wage that affected my salary was the one during OBJ and yar'adua. That one of GEJ made my salary to decrease instead of increasing.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dreal1247:

ten dollars
or less than one hundred dollars you mean?
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Antichristus: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
”Ichabod”, glory departed. Is this an achievement, paying approximately £2.00 per day in one of the world’s oil rich nations? No regret shredding my Nigerian passport.
Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by msylva2147(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
kaorama:

Is there any need to argue with a slave who's brain has been substituted with coconut water. Civil servants salary was increased by 53.6% in 2012. Keep deceiving yourself. Your generation is in deep shit
Which of the civil servant are you talking about? the last minimum wage we received as civil servants was during Yar'adu since then no dime has been increased on our salaries so stop saying what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by troublemakea(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
Budex40:

U are just too stupid. #30000 is $83.44 Bags of rice is now 13-16k per bag... Dont spread false info
Lmao

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by Rebelutionary: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2019

There is actually nothing to appreciate here. Nigerians like suffering so they can say "We are among the strongest people on Earth, smiling and suffering crap".

It is definitely more than 18K but have you heard of a country called Venezuela ? and the clusterfuck position they are in, there's a lot of money in the hands of citizens but what value can you get with the money?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-45246409
https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/15/venezuela-all-my-life-s-savings-were-destroyed-by-hyperinflation-thecube
http://theconversation.com/what-caused-hyperinflation-in-venezuela-a-rare-blend-of-public-ineptitude-and-private-enterprise-102483
https://internationalman.com/articles/wheelbarrow-economics/

Lol, I hope you people keep this energy in the next 10 months
You folks prayed for Nigeria to get to where Venezuela is but God pass una! You folks prayed for dollar to get to a N1000 but shame and foolish won't ever let you admit that we surmounted the challenge!

This was the same hoey u folks said about Npower and I am so sure there's someone whom you are related to that's on this scheme! This you can't deny! Abi people from your wailing coven no sign up? Or u want to lie to yourself abi?

Son who have you helped? All you folks do is wail! Your life is hard!

Oh now it is in 10months! 4 years has passed and non of your doom prophecy has come to pass! And just incase you don't kno, this is another 4 years staring you in the face!

Prepare to wail!!

2 Likes

Re: N30,000 Minimum Wage Implementation Begins Today —presidency by msylva2147(m): 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
Antichristus:
”Ichabod”, glory departed. Is this an achievement, paying approximately £2.00 per day in one of the world’s oil rich nations? No regret shredding my Nigerian passport.
Then why are you so pained? I expected to see you happy but from the look of things you cried more than the bereaved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Special Forces Arrive Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Five "Supercops" Who Went From Hero To Villain Before Abba Kyari / Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.