Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed (24975 Views)

UNN Lecturer, Professor Mfonobong David Udoudom Caught Pants Down In GS Building / Chigozie Odum: UNN Lecturer Arrested For Impregnating, Threatening Student / UNN Lecturer Teaches An Empty Class After Chasing Out All Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
A lecture in The Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been accused of deliberately victimizing and frustrating a final year student, hence preventing him from graduating with his colleagues.

Narrating the ordeal of the victim whose name was not disclosed for fear of further victimization, Maazi Ogbonnaya, a Facebook User, expressed dismay over the shabby treatment of the student in a post which he shared on his wall:

"He supposed to graduate last year from the University, but his project supervisor told him he'd never graduate but would stay an extra year. "You'd leave here next year".

No course was holding him. He was being hated by no just cause. Yesterday, the young man met me, explaining his predicaments after he reported the matter to me last year. I thought it's a joke. He's highly depressed. His mates have gone for service, he's still here begging the lecturer who would happily and satisfactorily walk him out of his office.

"What did you do wrong to the man?" I asked him.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I have found out from others, even some staff, they said the young man did nothing wrong to him. It's just an unnecessary hatred. He has restarted his projects many times. The man would purposely assign and reassign him topics, when he's almost done.

The final project, he acknowledged the man for his advice and supervisory prowess. Just see the response of someone said to have a PhD, an academic doctor:

"Who told you?".

I snapped it yesterday afternoon and shook my head in dismay. Please read the screenshot and see some kind of people masquerading as researchers and lecturers in Nigerian universities. Sadists everywhere!"

Corroborating his story, some Facebook users accused the lecture of doing the same thing to them.

A number of concerned Nigerians have called for justice to prevail for this student, and for the appropriate authorities to look into the matter, as it is a shameful dent in the face of education in Nigeria and if not addressed promptly, other students will be affected by this lecturer's disgraceful and unprofessional behaviour.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/maazi.ogbonnaya

UNN Student Who Claimed Unfair Treatment By His Supervisor, Clears The Air
https://www.nairaland.com/5183435/unn-student-claimed-unfair-treatment#78327201

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by soberdrunk(m): 7:56am On Apr 19, 2019
cheesy @ 'who told you" . Proper abuse of office, the best way to handle this type of situation is the mafia way.... angry

27 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 19, 2019
With all sincerity, I was never victimized in school even though my few of my colleagues were. But I resolved that I won't cry in such situation, rather I will go the extra mile to fight back. Power pass power.

20 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by lonelydora: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2019
My alma mata?

Wait ooo, this Osadebe never retire? I advise the young man to go and see Prof Mrs. Ikejiani (Chuba Okadigbo's wife) if she is still in the school. She will help him and talk to him.

Edited: For those quoting me, i never knew she's dead

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by partnerbizz4: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2019
Sadists everywhere

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by chibike69: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2019
lol

who told you?

the lecturer no get joy.

Hail Varsity of Nigeria, My Alma mater

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by bynomzy(f): 7:58am On Apr 19, 2019
Nigerian lecturers are heartless
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Auxtin85(m): 7:59am On Apr 19, 2019
Evil men everywhere
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Chinashopping84: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2019
This is just a tip of the iceberg what other students are experiencing is weird...God help nigeria students.Easter promo,enjoy discount on chinese yuan.Alipay and wechat funds available.check profile for details
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Thebwoy: 8:00am On Apr 19, 2019
E be like say school the owe this lecturer
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by DUBES(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2019
Nigerian lecturers are very myopic and mediocre. Most of them don’t know anything except from wickedness and backwardness. No wander why our educational standards have dropped exponentially.

4 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by castrol180(m): 8:02am On Apr 19, 2019
Saddists everywhere, this lecturer is an extremist. When another person's life is toyed with, it usually depressed me but this man

will also come out to be blaming Buhari over any err. The evil that human do will always follow them

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Nukilia: 8:03am On Apr 19, 2019
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

The reason why the nations educational system is rotten
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by clevervikson(m): 8:11am On Apr 19, 2019
the tougher the Lecturer the more expensive passing their course seems

lecturers in Nigeria public university see their self as demigod and yet often criticize our political leaders but give them small electoral officer's job, they do the worst.

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by israelmao(m): 8:13am On Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria is where everything is weird.
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by mrvitalis(m): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

Wait ooo, this Osadebe never retire? I advise the young man to go and see Prof Mrs. Ikejiani (Chuba Okadigbo's wife) if she is still in the school. She will help him and talk to him.
She is dead that's why they do this shit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by sevo(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2019
You go through all this stress in school as if one white collar job dey wait for you on the other side... Mteew

4 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by imitateMe(m): 8:26am On Apr 19, 2019
Exactly why Nigeria won't progress! Education is what remains with you after you have forgotten what you were taught at school. Most Nigerian lecturers, leaders and stakeholders only went to school to bag degrees, them no get sense. They are all animals.

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 19, 2019
bynomzy:
Nigerian lecturers are heartless
Many Nigerian public lecturers are sadist
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Drwords(m): 8:29am On Apr 19, 2019
Thebwoy:
E be like say school the owe this lecturer

Sharp sharp you don get salary info!

Bros, how far na...?

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by DrObum(m): 8:31am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

Is she not late?
Or am I mistaken?

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by KevMitnick: 8:35am On Apr 19, 2019
My supervisor changed my scope of study more than 20 times during my masters. Everytime I completed the tasks in the scope of study, he extended it further. Gave me a couple of extra years for an 18 months program. I later discovered that he was writing papers with every new scope he created. I resorted to serious fasting and prayers. How I defended and escaped him is nothing short of a miracle.

6 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Rilley(m): 8:36am On Apr 19, 2019
Stupid sadist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / University Of Ilorin 2016/2017 Admission List Is Out / Ali Bukar Maina Developed An Algorithm For Finding Missing People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.