Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed (24978 Views)

UNN Lecturer, Professor Mfonobong David Udoudom Caught Pants Down In GS Building / Chigozie Odum: UNN Lecturer Arrested For Impregnating, Threatening Student / UNN Lecturer Teaches An Empty Class After Chasing Out All Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by kaen1317: 8:41am On Apr 19, 2019
Lecturers and sexual harassment are like....That zuma thing...u know the drill
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Ishilove: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2019
I realise how blessed I am whenever I see topics like this. My supervisors were wonderful to me and did not stress me one bit.

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by starstaz(m): 8:42am On Apr 19, 2019
DUBES:
Nigerian lecturers are very myopic and mediocre. Most of them don’t know anything except from wickedness and backwardness. No wander why our educational standards have dropped exponentially.

Not all of them . Though. I tell u something.

Our tertiary education system require branding to meet modern age.

1. Promotion of lectures or professors in the academic suppose to be assessed based on the performance of student under them. How many student scores 60% , 70%, 80% etc. It doesn't make sense that u teach students and u are proud that they could not deliver for the schools exam.

2. Introducing feedback mechanism at the end of the session
Where each student will have a way of scoring their tutors based on parameters like social interaction, academic relevance and utilities. Called it tutor performance score. I bet u all this yeye lecturer will sit up. If their relevance in the varsity system is dependent on this tutor performance score.

With these measures and other the varsity tutor will think twice before transferring his or her aggression on their students. And the school will have opportunity to weed out cruelties in the varsity.

Mind U for those students who have no biz at all in being in the varsity and are crying foul of injustice and so on. Their academic records with other lecturers will prove the innocence of those accused.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by starstaz(m): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2019
Our tertiary education system require branding to meet modern age.
1. Promotion of lectures or professors in the academic suppose to be assessed based on the performance of student under them. How many student scores 60% , 70%, 80% etc. It doesn't make sense that u teach students and u are proud that they could not deliver for the schools exam.
2. Introducing feedback mechanism at the end of the session
Where each student will have a way of scoring their tutors based on parameters like social interaction, academic relevance and utilities. Called it tutor performance score. I bet u all this yeye lecturer will sit up. If their relevance in the varsity system is dependent on this tutor performance score.
With these measures and other the varsity tutor will think twice before transferring his or her aggression on their students. And the school will have opportunity to weed out cruelties in the varsity.
Mind U for those students who have no biz at all in being in the varsity and are crying foul of injustice and so on. Their academic records with other lecturers will prove the innocence of those accused.
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by nwakibie3(m): 8:51am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

Wait ooo, this Osadebe never retire? I advise the young man to go and see Prof Mrs. Ikejiani (Chuba Okadigbo's wife) if she is still in the school. She will help him and talk to him.

Miriam Ikejiani died few years ago

2 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Mires: 8:56am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

Wait ooo, this Osadebe never retire? I advise the young man to go and see Prof Mrs. Ikejiani (Chuba Okadigbo's wife) if she is still in the school. She will help him and talk to him.

Please wake up from your sleep. Prof Ikejiani Clark cadaver has long been eating by termites in six feet. May her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by AkumTemi: 8:59am On Apr 19, 2019
Mires:

Please wake up from your sleep. Prof Ikejiani Clark cadaver has long been eating by termites in six feet. May her soul rest in peace

She died in 2011,she was a very kind lecturer,taught me in 1st,2nd and final year.

3 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by AkumTemi: 9:01am On Apr 19, 2019
The lecturer in question here must be the popular Osankwa in Sociology/Anthropology department.

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Dpopsman123(m): 9:05am On Apr 19, 2019
Hmm!
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Ubdavis(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2019
Without his full details, I knw this man, I graduated from that department. Almost all the lecturers would come back hunting if u try to take any mater up. 80% percent of the lectures are sadist. Something almost similar happened to me from a different lectures that is even more wicked, compared to the above mentioned Idiot. .

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by privaldo: 9:33am On Apr 19, 2019
soberdrunk:
cheesy @ 'who told you" . Proper abuse of office, the best way to handle this type of situation is the mafia way.... angry

I concur with you bro, a gun to his head and he will obey every instruction sometimes the mafian way saves us a lot of stress cool

3 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by kingcalors(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2019
darealbabe:
A lecture in The Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been accused of deliberately victimizing and frustrating a final year student, hence preventing him from graduating with his colleagues.

Narrating the ordeal of the victim whose name was not disclosed for fear of further victimization, Maazi Ogbonnaya, a Facebook User, expressed dismay over the shabby treatment of the student in a post which he shared on his wall:

"He supposed to graduate last year from the University, but his project supervisor told him he'd never graduate but would stay an extra year. "You'd leave here next year".

No course was holding him. He was being hated by no just cause. Yesterday, the young man met me, explaining his predicaments after he reported the matter to me last year. I thought it's a joke. He's highly depressed. His mates have gone for service, he's still here begging the lecturer who would happily and satisfactorily walk him out of his office.

"What did you do wrong to the man?" I asked him.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I have found out from others, even some staff, they said the young man did nothing wrong to him. It's just an unnecessary hatred. He has restarted his projects many times. The man would purposely assign and reassign him topics, when he's almost done.

The final project, he acknowledged the man for his advice and supervisory prowess. Just see the response of someone said to have a PhD, an academic doctor:

"Who told you?".

I snapped it yesterday afternoon and shook my head in dismay. Please read the screenshot and see some kind of people masquerading as researchers and lecturers in Nigerian universities. Sadists everywhere!"

Corroborating his story, some Facebook users accused the lecture of doing the same thing to them.

A number of concerned Nigerians have called for justice to prevail for this student, and for the appropriate authorities to look into the matter, as it is a shameful dent in the face of education in Nigeria and if not addressed promptly, other students will be affected by this lecturer's disgraceful and unprofessional behaviour.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/maazi.ogbonnaya
I am happy this same issue has come up. I almost did not graduate from UNN because of my project supervisor. Just because I acknowledged him last in my final year project, he became annoyed. I explained to other lecturers who saw nothing in what I did. One of them went to apologize on my behalf but he refused. If not for God's mercy and grace, I wouldn't have graduated when my mates graduated. I pray that this guys case would be resolved and the lecturer be brought to justice. Enough is enough!
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Godskidk(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2019
What we Nigerian students face at the hands of these heartless lecturers... Imagine the wickedness...
Who told you?
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by BrokenCock: 9:43am On Apr 19, 2019
If he knows his right then he should not be afraid! There arw lots of human rights activist ready to fight for him in this Nigeria.

If u know nobody, God still exists.
Google 'ordinary Ahmed Isah. He is one of the few chosen men to help such ppl. If u wan secure ur future, find way enter Abuja and lets do justice to that lecturer. Accomodation no be problem if u need justice. Transportation no be problem if u r sincere
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by bishopkay: 9:51am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

She's dead.

That guy dey Bleep up sha oo. If it were me, I for don carry gun go find that man since ooo. There are some people you have to eliminate in life for the greater good. They are simply a waste of oxygen.

How geology boys never kill Smart nai still dey wonder me sef. Well na kids full the school today sha...they can only cry and beg. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by bishopkay: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

She's dead.

That guy dey Bleep up sha oo. If it were me, I for don carry gun go find that man since ooo. There are some people you have to eliminate in life for the greater good. They are simply a waste of oxygen.

How geology boys never kill Smart nai still dey wonder me sef. Well na kids full the school today sha...dem no get mind. They can only cry and beg. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Ayobami7(m): 9:59am On Apr 19, 2019
好的
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Egedeman: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

She's dead. An amazon.

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Egedeman: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2019
AkumTemi:
The lecturer in question here must be the popular Osankwa in Sociology/Anthropology department.

He was my classmate in UNN then and a ju man. We used to obtain him then. The student should get in touch with me lemme straighten osankwa head. Ona apu ala?
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by flourishing247: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

She's late that's why they are messing up. I love the no nonsense woman

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Mires: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2019
AkumTemi:

She died in 2011,she was a very kind lecturer,taught me in 1st,2nd and final year.

You must be of Pol Sc or PALG
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by mrblessed(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2019
kingcalors:
I am happy this same issue has come up. I almost did not graduate from UNN because of my project supervisor. Just because I acknowledged him last in my final year project, he became annoyed. I explained to other lecturers who saw nothing in what I did. One of them went to apologize on my behalf but he refused. If not for God's mercy and grace, I wouldn't have graduated when my mates graduated. I pray that this guys case would be resolved and the lecturer be brought to justice. Enough is enough!
Writing project/dissertation/thesis acknowledgements have a conventional pattern or principle. Although majority of Nigerian lecturers are not aware of it, those who are, are not keen to implement/enforce it.
Note that acknowledgement is supposed to be that part of the research where you appreciate people who have contributed significantly to the completion of the research. If that is the case, then you are wrong to have mentioned your supervisor's name at the rear. However, to me, it sounds petty and preposterous to punish students who make this infraction. I hold this view because polite rebuke and correction would suffice, but people are different.
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by jyoywo(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2019
Thebwoy:
E be like say school the owe this lecturer
that is not enough reason
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Originalsly: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2019
Hmmm..... university students bearing begging or hoping a lecturer do the right thing? That's giving more power to the lecturers. Why can't they organize and force the university to discipline/dismiss the lecturer? Be should be the one begging. Worldwide... university students are almost always the ones that bring about change in a society.... these ones wouldn't even try to bring about
change on their own campus. Let him wail.... bunch of cowards.
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Brineharry: 11:02am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:
My alma mata?

. Prof.Mrs ikejiani is now late

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by EdenH: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2019
[quote author=lonelydora post=77668060] My alma mata?

Wait ooo, this Osadebe never retire? I advise the young man to go and see Prof Mrs. Ikejiani (Chuba Okadigbo's wife) if she is still in the school. She will help him and talk to him. [/quote prof Ikejiani dat died like 7 to 9 yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by lonelydora: 11:35am On Apr 19, 2019
Brineharry:
. Prof.Mrs ikejiani is now late

Wow! Since when?
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by pweetyoge(f): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2019
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by lonelydora: 11:38am On Apr 19, 2019
bishopkay:

She's dead.

How geology boys never kill Smart nai still dey wonder me sef. Well na kids full the school today sha...dem no get mind. They can only cry and beg. SMH

So he's still alive? I pity those geology people
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by bishopkay: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2019
lonelydora:

So he's still alive? I pity those geology people

Yes oo Lol

1 Like

Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by kingdave(m): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria universities need help from the beasts that pose as lecturers in these schools.This is one out of many terrible cases undergraduates face.several cursed lecturers and a so called Dean student affairs harassed my wife queried and harrased her why she had to marry early when she has not "enjoyed" life.They even promised her that she wont graduate with that ring on her hand.When my wife narrated all the stories to me when I was back to the state.I went to visit each of the demented fuckers and they each got what they deserved according to the extent they threatened my wife.As for the dean student affairs,he had no option but to resign.
Case closed and don't ask me what I did to them.
Re: Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed by Ajibaba101(m): 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
See 12 strategies you can use to handle university anxiety and and stress https://explicitsuccess.com/stress-management-for-students/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano University Student Drowns While Swimming . - See Picture / University Of Ilorin 2016/2017 Admission List Is Out / Ali Bukar Maina Developed An Algorithm For Finding Missing People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.