Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview (59517 Views)

Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by PeacenLove2: 11:42am On Apr 19, 2019
Ugosample:

my grand mother's get visas all the time.

But as for my cousins

Ela upon Ela

these embassy people wicked gan

How many elderly people do you know wants to spend so much time in America? They know these old people always can't wait to go back home, the cold weather, the abandonment and boredom they encounter with the busy lives of their American relatives. They know what they're doing in that regard alright.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by louisa4luv(f): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2019
wickyyolo:

I have evidence of support. I didnt want to use my personal account. Im using another person bank statement. Let it not be that i will run away. Let it seem as though someone will always be sending me money
. Hi. Please i want to ask you some questions concerning schooling in the U.S.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by ayomide8990(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2019
Fudezayi:
[?
I hope this is not Scam. I am interested in Schooling in Canada this my WhatsApp 07017051971
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by dokyOloye: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2019
megareal:

Oh OK. Still makes no sense sha.
Everybody is looking to run away from Nigeria and one way they do that is to secure a visiting visa and then take off and stay illegally once they set foot in America.Them go dey there de hustle jobs wey done already dey scarce,etc
Now, a grand mother will less likely do this.
Most ppl who have valid residency permit even try to relocate back to their roots when they advance in age.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by planetx: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
Stay in your country and develop it, America is full and the American people does not owe the world's poor a living so that is why Trump will be reelected with a landslide.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by seangy4konji: 12:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
Scanners. They are low on funds they collect as people already know it's a waste of time so approaching with caution... Now doing all to rally us again only to reject you use your money plant flower...
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Ugosample(m): 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
PeacenLove2:

How many elderly people do you know wants to spend so much time in America? They know these old people always can't wait to go back home, the cold weather, the abandonment and boredom they encounter with the busy lives of their American relatives. They know what they're doing in that regard alright.

ah

these days they are staying o

my grand ma has refused to come back
tho she was sent home sha, and get son is filing now for her green card.

She says in igbo that Nigeria is cursed lmao cheesy grin

so when the petition is done sha
she can then go
more and more old folks are staying in the USA from NIGERIA
they come visiting once in a while

That's the extent to which Buhari has damaged the country

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Ugosample(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
planetx:
Stay in your country and develop it, America is full and the American people does not owe the world's poor a living so that is why Trump will be reelected with a landslide.

Nigeria CANNOT be developed

that's the fact
the current structure and demography is against its development

Tho you are right thst America owes no one nothing

if they refuse to open the door

it's theur RIGHT

it's also ones right to want to flee the HQ of extreme poverty and wickedness
So it's a two way thing

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wickyyolo: 12:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
GavelSlam:

Now this is the complication.

You need to show a steady and verifiable means of support by your sponsor.

This is not 30 million at one swoop but a steady flow of say a million over a good period of time.

In addition, your closenes to the sponsor is important, as he or she can disappoint you whilst away.

I got you bro.

The sponsor has steady in flow and outflow. Over the year.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by GavelSlam: 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
wickyyolo:

I got you bro.

The sponsor has steady in flow and outflow. Over the year.

Years.

And must be related to you such that he/she would definitely fulfil his/her obligation.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wickyyolo: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
So the US embassy will require a 2years bank statemet ?

Because other countries is usually 6 months
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by sweetilicious(f): 12:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
They grant elderly people visas easily though
Even UK.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by greggng: 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
When I am going , I will wear masquarade cloth let me see if my charm no go catch them
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wickyyolo: 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
GavelSlam:

Years.

And must be related to you such that he/she would definitely fulfil his/her obligation.

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by PeacenLove2: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ugosample:

ah

these days they are staying o

my grand ma has refused to come back
tho she was sent home sha, and get son is filing now for her green card.

She says in igbo that Nigeria is cursed lmao cheesy grin

so when the petition is done sha
she can then go
more and more old folks are staying in the USA from NIGERIA
they come visiting once in a while

That's the extent to which Buhari has damaged the country

cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeg, leave Buhari out of this one na. The whole Nigerian system and orientation was headed this lane.

Well, if your grandma enjoys her own company and or can get herself busy, I can see why she wants to remain in the US. And it's better to file for her than having to renew visas every 2 years. Mind you, how long does she spend at a time before coming home? Being a resident, she won't be able to spend so much time outside America. Is she sure she won't miss Naija sha? No place like home o cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by GavelSlam: 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
wickyyolo:

You are right. it'll be a 6 month statement.

Remember the source of income would be longer than the bank statement.

However, it shouldn't suddenly be pumped except of course that's totally explainable.

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by pacespot(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2019
ok
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Dagger111(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lolz... I swear, u no get sense.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by udomas(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lies,my aunty attended an interview last week n the only question was,"have you travelled outside nigeria before" to which she answered no n was refused,solely because she hasn't been outside the country for the first time. They should tell that to the gullible..

You're 100% right, don't mind them at all... Same with here, even when I try telling them I've been to an African country and they were like, have you been to Europe?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by chosenwan1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
People would go there to lie that they will return. This people know the situation in the country and they also know most people do not want to come back. So it not about looking professional. They would look for you if you have something to offer and give you their passport. Not like Nigeria that does everything possible to chase talent.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Ugosample(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
PeacenLove2:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeg, leave Buhari out of this one na. The whole Nigerian system and orientation was headed this lane.

Well, if your grandma enjoys her own company and or can get herself busy, I can see why she wants to remain in the US. And it's better to file for her than having to renew visas every 2 years. Mind you, how long does she spend at a time before coming home? Being a resident, she won't be able to spend so much time outside America. Is she sure she won't miss Naija sha? No place like home o cheesy

most of us are based out of the country

When you are with your kids and grand kids, is that not home?

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by logan2(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2019
Amuocha:
Useless embassy

Very useless embassy embarassed

Nonsense memo to applicants sad

Embassy wey Northerners no dey go shocked
at the bolded pls what does it imply,just curious
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by PeacenLove2: 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ugosample:

most of us are based out of the country

When you are with your kids and grand kids, is that not home?

I agree ... totally home. wink
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by InvertedHammer: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
MacTv:

The United States of America Embassy in Nigeria has clarified that dress code is not a requirement for obtaining the country's visa.

Speaking during a Facebook live session on Wednesday, the consular officers said that the applicants could come with their traditional wears as it makes look unique.

The officials addressed the common mistakes seen on DS 160 application form, stating that no one needs to have someone residing in the US and also no prior travelling experience is needed before one can be granted visa.

When asked if dress code is being considered during interviews, an official said: “No. It’s not a consideration when doing your interview.

“Be comfortable. Don’t feel like you need to put on a suit if you don’t usually wear a suit. Don’t wear a suit. Wear what you would wear if you are going to any normal appointment.

“We want you to be you. We want you to be as relaxed as possible for the interview. Talk to us.”

Source> https://www.mactvnaija.com/2019/04/us-embassy-sends-message-to-nigerians.html?m=1
/
The level of preparation the black people put into going for visa interview in the US Embassy would earn them a place in heaven if such seriousness is applied to their spiritual life.

Yet they argue that they are equal to the whites angry
An American wants to visit Nigeria? Just mail in your passport and be issued a visa. No interview necessary. grin grin So much for equality and our greatness.
/

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
tactius:

How do you think embassies fund themselves?

I strongly suspect that the visa processing fee is probably part of the way the US embassy is funding itself.

Won't be surprised if Nigerian embassies fund themselves using visa processing fees for people wanting to come here.
Yeah that's true,part of the funds is used for the embassy.its a shame that some of our embassies in some countries don't even have a functioning toilet

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Amuocha:
Useless embassy

Very useless embassy embarassed

Nonsense memo to applicants sad

Embassy wey Northerners no dey go shocked

Please can you explain your last statement .is it ot of ignorance or stupidity ?
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by kristo123: 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
it's like the US embassy is currently experiencing a low turnout of Visa application from Nigerians, hence the publicity
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by kristo123: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
ayomide8990:
I hope this is not Scam.
I am interested in Schooling in Canada
this my WhatsApp 07017051971

Go through Canada immigration and the university website to get instructions on how to go about it, most of the applications are done online.

Don't let yourself get scammed.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by onyxo76(m): 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
otipoju:

Not true.. my first and only visa ever was a US visa with a virgin passport.

The interviewer wants to know 3 things.

Do you have a valid reason to be in the USA

Do you have the means to support yourself for the duration of your stay

Do you have enough socio-economic ties in Nigeria that will dissuade you from staying permanently?...this is where the previous travel history becomes an advantage...it shows without the need of any other documentation that you will come back.

I read , watched videos and prepared for this 3 minute interview for 3 months.

casual dressing, being relaxed, smiling, cracking a joke to ease the tension, not looking desperate, giving intelligent answers, knowing exactly where you are going, how long you will be staying and why you need to quickly come back , your contact persons full name and your discussions with him/her ( to codedly prove that no be agent dey run your package)

Above all prayer prayer and prayer for favour is important.
when did you get this visa without any travel history, probably not in the last year or two, i got mine last year May. I know prayer and favor played a vital part of my success as i had only uae as my travel history on the last 5 years

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Alexis11: 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
Mcowubaba:
I will be putting out a thread on why Nigerians are denied visas
Stay tuned to my profile...

Quote me when you do.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Alexis11: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
Guruindahouse:
They are right, travel history or dress code are irrelevant if you are on good ground with your application. Trust me on this, if your intention to travel is genuine and well spelled out couple with a very good financial resources that can be proved in an appropriate manner, no embassy will deny you a visa.

For instance, you wanna study in US for 2 years with a tuition fee of 10,000 dollars in one academic year, and you submit bank statement with 8million naira. There is higher chance to get denied. Where is the money to cover for other living expenses? They are expecting you to live in their country confortably while studying so that you will not resolve to be over-working your self outside campus for your upkeep.

Denial beckons when you are struggling to fulfil all the requirements.

How much is the minimum on bank account statement in that case?

Can an adult use a sponsor account?
pls reply.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by docayo: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
donkarly:

Lies,my aunty attended an interview last week n the only question was,"have you travelled outside nigeria before" to which she answered no n was refused,solely because she hasn't been outside the country for the first time. They should tell that to the gullible..
I was given US visa without prior traveling experience and it was my first attempt. Her fate was decided even before that question was asked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Muhammed Buhari International Airport, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.