Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? (38594 Views)

Guinness World Records' Reaction To Hilda Baci’s Cook-a-Thon / Picture Of The Cobra Killed Last Night By My Neighbour & Brother / Python Killed By My Hunter Neighbour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Freshbaba95(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
Pavore9:
"Ha, Daddy wa ati awon omo ma ti je yi toku, aro pe eefe mo ni.."....... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg bro, no kill me. I dn laugh tire for here.
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by PearlStreet(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
EmekaBlue:
Afonjaz r too hungry set of people and find it difficult to let go of anything concerning food...You can testify this from their owambe party food they always fight over when been shared.

Thats how i mistakenly used my afonjaz neighbor ewedu broom to clean d compound toilet....even after buying a new broom and compensating them with amala flour...they still rant about it whenever they remember

That's why your father died of starvation and kwashiokor

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by 8stargeneral: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
Only Afonjas can do such,dey don't mind if sniper is inside food,dey can eat anything undecided undecided grin grin.

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Jesuslvzme(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
Whc kind post b dz sef
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by mikejj(m): 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
rafcrown:
TRIBALIST.CONGRATS.
kiki just a soft one...the thing pain am

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin
EmekaBlue:
Afonjaz r too hungry set of people and find it difficult to let go of anything concerning food...You can testify this from their owambe party food they always fight over when been shared.

Thats how i mistakenly used my afonjaz neighbor ewedu broom to clean d compound toilet....even after buying a new broom and compensating them with amala flour...they still rant about it whenever they remember

[img]https://media1./images/12ab723927bfb71ebd2b9a98f0694757/tenor.gif?itemid=11806135[/img]

2 Likes

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Lovelyn451(f): 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
She left it there for too long naw...
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by makavelli80(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
martphreak:
Afonja with food eh...not your faults sha...food is a scarce commodity down there... Such a greed cannot happen in Benue where food is abundant
but the preparation is poor
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Evercurious(f): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lovelyn451:
She left it there for too long naw...

Not an excuse

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2019
mikejj:
grin Yoruba people can heaaaaaaaaàaaaaaaaat fooooooooooods..on food matter I bend down for western people
so na stone you dey eat. You wey no fit Fast for 1hr

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Lovelyn451(f): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
Evercurious:

Not an excuse
just like keeping money with somebody for too long..they'll spend it

Its wrong though
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Teel012(m): 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
Her response I need to type in Yoruba, for context. She said:

"Ha, Daddy wa ati awon omo ma ti je yi toku, aro pe eefe mo ni..."
Meaning 'Our Daddy' (her husband) and the kids ate the rest of it because we thought you no longer wanted it. �

Plix dears, at what point did she hint that she didn't want the food again?

Bimbo still thought it was a joke.

"Ahn Ahn, Mummy Peju, e serious now, se n whyne mi ni?  (Meaning Mummy Peju, stop pulling my legs)She asked still laughing because she thought her neighbour was kidding.

But alas! Mummy Peju was serious, the food had really been eaten.
At that point Bimbo's laughter was replaced with shock, and she just managed to muster
"Oh Ok, kosi problem, Ese ma."
Meaning: 10q ma, no problem. She then ended the call.

[/quote

Seriously, that's very wrong. Daddy awon wo that's shameless of her, a students food for that matter. Well, if it were to be me, I'll speak some sense into her and nothing will ever bring us together again, cos she just broke my trust in a huge way. She couldn't even ask for permission. what if that was the my only hope for the weekend as a student??
in fact, I'll ask her to pay to teach her a lesson. she has to cough out enough money to cater for me through the weekend. Nonsense.
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by favourite787899: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
So I have this particular neighbour we have a good relationship. So she stores her food in my freezer. She has a son and a relation living with her(22 23). So this particular day they came to carry soup from the freezer and they met my hubby. He just asked them to go and take from the freezer. Guess what they left with my bowl of Nsala soup. They warmed the soup and eat it, when there mum came back she joined them in eating because they told her I gave them the bowl of soup. Mind you I wasn't at home immediately she saw me at the gate she started thanking me for giving the boys soup. Only for me to check my Nsala soup was gone. I called the son and asked him. He said he taught the soup was for his mum. The same him told the mum I gave them the soup.
I only ignored him cuz of the relationship I have with his mummy.
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by 2special(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
The o.p a liar just wants misunderstanding between 2 ethnic group on the forum
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Dammylois(f): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
Aswear this is my neighbour.....'Aunty Damola' this you stew dey scent o'....few hours later ,'abeg give me rice make I chop'....24hours later,'that your stew still remain?'....mind you she's married with kids ...but she's such a nice person

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Mrkumareze(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
What would have bn the case if this ewodu was involved

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by spirul77: 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
I'm surprised people believed this one, Bloggers sef
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Kingsnova: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
O boy... see gobe
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Platony(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
See d way dis thing dey pain me asif na me e happen to.

Na how people dey do food sef? D tin weak me gan! Go occasions mk u see d way pple dey embarass themselves cos of food.
Greed kee u dere.!!

2 Likes

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by Walelavender(m): 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
Very funny and annoying at the same time grin undecided

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by KingSango(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
The nature of man is carnal

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by AreaFada2: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
oshe11:
I'd just be Silent for 5secs and then I'd say "Okay"

Cut my call and move on since yy6yy6( 6 learnt my lessons
Y6k

PS: I can't keep my food in my Neighbour's fridge UNLESS im dey inside "sealed" can

I mean wetin dem chop inside belle dey hard to curecheesy
Chai! Mummy trained you well. grin cheesy

Na next level hunger dey cause that kain thing. Very unserious lady. And she did not call the neighbour to tell her until she wanted her food back.

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by aribisala0(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
There is no greedy neighbour just a nuisance neighbour

The innocent woman simply delivered a coded Yoruba message from her husband

GO AND BUY YOUR OWN FRIDGE LET THIS BE THE END.

I have no doubt that her kpanti food ended up in the trash bin

It is funny the childish and hungry mentality of folk on this thread

Any of you that is Yoruba ask any of your elders the meaning of this . It is not even complex to decode

WILL SHE TAKE FOOD THERE AGAIN ?

Case closed!!!

Many people go around claiming to be Yoruba and do not understand Yoruba

Owe leshin oro, oro leshin owe

Iwa la fin paa owe fun alaigbon eda

So a whole fridge owner was waiting for food from a fridgeless person to feed his family
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by mrkings84(m): 6:24pm On Apr 19, 2019
Yurubas are the most voluminous eaters...

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by tatacherie: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
cheesy
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by sarutobi: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
Last year, there was this my guy who went to europe and brought back a medium sized bag of candies. He was later to travel back so he kept the bag inside my freezer.

For good six months, i told any visitor to my house that they can touch everything in the freezer except the candies.

Six months later my guy came back and and then visited me one day. He wanted to take some soft drinks and he saw his frozen candies from 6 months ago untouched LOL.

He screamed! : Guy these thing still dey here? why you know chop am na? I told him that it is better he tells me to eat it than for me to touch it behind his back.

The thing don freeze and we had to throw it away. It was a waste in the end, but it is better that way.

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by annyberry: 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
Joromi12:
U expect us to believe this abi.
U nid to, i had a neighbor who also behave dis way, just dat we b paddy sumhow but e own case b say him go collect small kip d rest.
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by mechanics(m): 7:34pm On Apr 19, 2019
And her husband didn't ask questions before eating the food.
Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by mikejj(m): 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
so na stone you dey eat. You wey no fit Fast for 1hr
cheesy mama your fine face no go make me change my mind.. Why I go fast for 1hr wetin do 7 days and 7 night.. Everybody no be Yoruba naw... You know..fine girl

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by ybalogs(m): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
Shibaraba:
Na the shameless "daddy wa" wey no inquire how party ofada with pepper soup and cake take reach him plate I blame...if the woman dey talk true ooooo.

Reminds me of my mother's birthday.
I invite my neighbors that year make e no be like say I no call them....I no know say I make mistake

I gave them chair. Special one o. Among correct men. As na me be organiser I dey run around. I just see my guy waka come after 1hour dey para for me.wetin happen? He start to rant say those people wey dem gather dey table they make them look bad say how I know them. He talk say na mini Ghana must go one person carry comot say as them dey bring food and drinks he just dey transfer am enter bag. Since na my men table na unlimited service of anything. Say they even changed table but these razz couple followed them o. I was like what! Lo and behold na true talk. Ghana must go don full. Since dem wan embarrass me me sef dey house.
"Please may I see you guys outside,I want make una help me carry something", thinking they go see something there dem follow me. I walked them to the gate and told the security never to allow them in anymore.
Las las we no go greet ourselves again. Besides who greeting EPP!
E no go better for dem if greet me ever again. Awon atenu. Baba you do well jooor. Chop knuckle.

1 Like

Re: The Greedy Neighbour: What Would Your Reaction Be If This Happened To You? by teesugar(f): 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
Pavore9:
"Ha, Daddy wa ati awon omo ma ti je yi toku, aro pe eefe mo ni.."....... cheesy cheesy cheesy
epic reply! Greedy family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Rice: Akwa Ibom Rice Is In Town (Photos) / See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. / Lagos People Won't Kill Me With Stew, Oil & Pepper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.