Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution (939 Views)

Gumi Replies Adesina: "War Has Not Been A Solution Anywhere, You Bootlicker" / Buhari Inaugurates NEC, Asks Them To Focus On Economic Development / Nigeria's Economic Problems Not Created By Present Government - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
z

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
I hope someone will gain insights from this
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by baralatie(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
totally you are wrong
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Xisnin(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
You are essentially prescribing hunger and starvation as a solution to Nigeria's problem.
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Xisnin:
You are essentially prescribing hunger and starvation as a solution to Nigeria's problem.

Soon and by force, Nigeria as a country will be pushed to do something. Do you know that we are presently borrowing to pay workers salary? if the economy is not diversified, with time we will have no salary to pay and no nation will be able to lend us money again.

on diversification, I am not talking about the claims of immaginary diversification by the present government, I am talking about real word diversification that brings practical results.
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by bentwood85(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
Wetin concern our government with stable electricity?..APC and PDP no difference...
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
baralatie:
totally you are wrong

Good reply, but can you buttress more on why I am wrong?
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Xisnin(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
Samleen:

Soon and by force, Nigeria as a country will be pushed to do something. Do you know that we are presently borrowing to pay workers salary? if the economy is not diversified, with time we will have no salary to pay and no nation will be able to lend us money again.

on diversification, I am not talking about the claims of immaginary diversification by the present government, I am talking about real word diversification that brings practical results.

It seems many proponents of diversification have not bothered to consider the most important thing which is money.

What is real world diversification to you?
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
Xisnin:

It seems many proponents of diversification have not bothered to consider the most important thing which is money.

What is real world diversification to you?

real world diversification?

This is an excerpt from an article I will soon post on this same platform... I hope I made some sense about what I meant by real diversificaton:

-      You claim Nigeria now produce her rice, how many Nigerian branded bags of rice have you seen when you go to markets? When last did you eat Nigerian made rice? Since Nigeria now produce rice, should price of rice be cheaper now or doubled as is our current experience? With the way Nigerian consume rice daily and if it is true that Nigerian produce her rice, Shouldn't rice mill be ubiquitous? How many rice mill have you seen so far in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Abbey24(m): 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria a blessed nation wit lazy nd corrupt leaders, dey re talking about diversification witout paying serious attention 2 d real sectors. Dey we encourage d youth to b self employed but no right policies 2 drive d SMEs, no electricity 2 cater 4 there energy needs, couple wit heavy taxes 2 kill small biznes
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
Abbey24:
Nigeria a blessed nation wit lazy nd corrupt leaders, dey re talking about diversification witout paying serious attention 2 d real sectors. Dey we encourage d youth to b self employed but no right policies 2 drive d SMEs, no electricity 2 cater 4 there energy needs, couple wit heavy taxes 2 kill small biznes

true talk
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by debaj10: 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
wawu
u rili tink say na problem u solve so?
shu!
bros, 9ja problem na everybody wey b graduate.
na dem corrupt, illiterate politicians take loot.
na dem still dey pay bribe for contract.
in short, knowledge without sense.

solution?
dem need to chop more pepe.
sodiafor, bubu- cari go.
shikena

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
Samleen:
Discovery of crude oil, and here is why

Tell me who will buy a PMS driven car when you can go for an environment friendly car which need almost Zero maintenance.

A wise government will begin to diversify the economy from crude oil-based-economic to non-crude-oil-based economic in preparation for and prevention of the doom to come.

If I am the Nigerian president, I will start working towards the generation of stable electricity. I will encourage investment and studies into production of electric and mordern cars in the country as this is the next thing to come.
I beg to differ!

Crude oil is a blessing in the hand of a good leader who knows what he/she is doing!

The major hindrance to our growth as a country is bad leadership!!!

Your last paragraph summarized it all!
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Banmeallday: 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
[s]
Samleen:
Discovery of crude oil, and here is why

Presence of crude oil in Nigeria is more a curse than blessing especially to the Nigerian citizen. Nigeria used to be a desired haven, a place where people from all over the world want to travel to and work untill the discovery of crude oil in the country.

Till today, government is been slack to improve the economy, they can't even refine the petroleum products by themselves, refineries which can create employment for the citizen and improve the economy; all they do is to sit down and expect money from "our oyel".

This situation has been more pronounced with a recent bill on sale of electric car in Nigeria which was greatly antagonized by the National assembly. This also have something to do with much difficulties and reluctancy involved in restructuring the country. Well, the present structure was put into place in the first place by greedy people who want to live on crude oil.

Generation of enough electricity is not a rocket science like it is generally known, but the greedy intentions of our leaders to make enough profit from the citizen through sale of petroleum product will not allow them to do this. We can all see the effect of these on the Nigerian economy today.

Have you heard of chlorofluorocarbon? Chlorofluorocarbon a halogen paraffin hydrocarbon invented by Thomas mothley in 1929 was just like our present pms. It has about a thousand of application - in everything from cars, air conditioner to deodorant - and was later discovered to be highly dangerous to the ozone layer. It was banned about a century after its discovery and on 21 September 2007, approximately 200 countries agreed to accelerate the elimination of hydrochlorofluorocarbons entirely by 2020 in a United Nations-sponsored Montreal summit.

Just like chlorofluorocarbon, all the country of the world will be forced to stop the the commercial production and use of petroleum product. Pms cars will so be banned on every roads all over the world. Already "OPEC has ordered that oil producing countries should cut down their daily barrel production because of the effects of gas flaring. Nigeria produces about 6,000 barrels of oil per day and has been given directives to reduce the production to half by next year. Failure to comply will result to low patronage by buyers which will affect the revenue accrued from oil".

Have you heard of Hydrogen cell powered car? This car can recharge itself without even the need for external power supply, it is cheap to refuel as it major fuel is hydrogen and you know hydrogen is the most abudant element on earth, it does not make any noice to drive like our present conbustion engine driven vehicles, it does not need much maintenance like our present day vehicles as it does not have many moving parts and it can travel several hundreds of miles before it need be refill. Many countries of the world are already driving this kind of cars. Tell me who will buy a PMS driven car when you can go for an environment friendly car which need almost Zero maintenance.

A wise government will begin to diversify the economy from crude oil-based-economic to non-crude-oil-based economic in preparation for and prevention of the doom to come.

If I am the Nigerian president, I will start working towards the generation of stable electricity. I will encourage investment and studies into production of electric and mordern cars in the country as this is the next thing to come.

Nigeria can become the major producer of electric cars for all other african counties this way.

I am Samuel and I write from Ibadan
[/s]

The greatest hinderance is the acceptance of 180+ million Blacks for a fake identity that was created to rob them till date....

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 20, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

I beg to differ!

Crude oil is a blessing in the hand of a good leader who knows what he/she is doing!

The major hindrance to our growth as a country is bad leadership!!!

Your last paragraph summarized it all!

It's good you got my point

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2019
debaj10:
wawu

u rili tink say na problem u solve so?

shu!

bros, 9ja problem na everybody wey b graduate.

na dem corrupt, illiterate politicians take loot.

na dem still dey pay bribe for contract.

in short, knowledge without sense.

solution?

dem need to chop more pepe.

sodiafor, bubu- cari go.

shikena

You're funny but welcome
Re: Here Is The Greatest Hinderance To Nigeria Economic Development And A Solution by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Osun In The News Again / Goodluck Jonathan Sends Message To Abdusalami Abubakar / Buhari Vs Atiku: We Have Evidence INEC Procured, Installed, Deployed Servers In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.